Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 22:28 It is currently 08 May 2024, 22:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi, does anyone know how the waitlist for round 2 moves? Does IIM A publish consolidated waitlist after round 3? When can one get a clarity on whether the waitlist has a chance?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Hello everyone. I gave my interview on 6th in Delhi. If anyone would like to ask any questions that they may have about it then you can DM me and I’ll be happy to help.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
Anyone willing to form a group for extempore discussion where we can discuss some topics amongst ourselves? DM me(no commercial interests plz.)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 75
Send PM
shanks2020 please add me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT Focus 1:
665 Q90 V79 DI80
Send PM
Please add me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Please add me as well
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 901
Send PM
Please add me as well
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 7.4
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Dheeraj0501 wrote:
REMINDER FOLKS!!!!!!!As I got few requests to conduct 1 more extempore session(repeat) for the missed out students. I have planned on 7/1/24 at 1430. It is 2-2.5hrs long session. It is time for Extempore preparation!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Process
2. Framework
3. Structure
4. Notes taking
5. How to handle unknown topics
6. Hand holding 2 topics
7. Doubt clearing............To be clear it is a paid session unless you are a veteran/ex-service personnel. Please DM if you want to join my class.....You can DM till 1415 today....

I will cover topics from yesterday’s interviews as well

Will there be another session ? If yes ,please share the details
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
When are the interview results expected ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Kudos
I guess only after interviews in all the cities are completed.
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [1]
Given Kudos: 122
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.52
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Yash_chandra wrote:
When are the interview results expected ?

10th Feb is mentioned on the website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Did anyone receive an admit with 680 on GMAT / 615 on focus?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
The average GMAT score last year was 693, range- 630 to 760.

You can be sure that someone got an admission with 680
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
Prasadhd1996 wrote:
Did anyone receive an admit with 680 on GMAT / 615 on focus?

don’t think GMAT is a factor once you get an invite. experts can comment?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 632 [2]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
shanks2020 wrote:
don’t think GMAT is a factor once you get an invite. experts can comment?

Hi, I got a past IIM A admit and student to interview a prof who sat on the panel this year. Sharing a few insights from the discussion, hoping this helps others. I know there may be more to the selection process than what the prof highlighted but this is exactly as it came.

1.The GMAT score is the most important for shortlisting an application for an interview. (The cutoff was not disclosed.)
2.The interview is very important for selection.
3.The interview tests basic facets like:
a. Is the person cut out for the rigorous IIMA curriculum?
b. Have they been working with one company for a long duration?
c. How much knowledge of the industry do they have, and does it demonstrate their sincerity and involvement in what they do? (Important for a future leader.)
The professor gave an example from the R1 interview: a person at IOCL working for the last 8 years had zero clue about the Indian and global oil industry and trends. Result- rejected.
d. What skills do they bring to the class, and how will they value skills and expertise of others in the classroom?
e. For people far from academics for a long time or for non-math background folks: How comfortable are they with numbers, and will they be able to do basic finance and analytical thinking?
f. The average work experience is around 7-8 years, so how does the applicant compare?

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
very useful pointers. Can you please elaborate more on c) and f). does it mean they have negative perception towards frequent switches? f) more on is someone is +/-3 years of averae work ex? what can be a good a strategy ?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 632 [2]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
shanks2020 wrote:
very useful pointers. Can you please elaborate more on c) and f). does it mean they have negative perception towards frequent switches? f) more on is someone is +/-3 years of averae work ex? what can be a good a strategy ?

shanks2020

c) This is not related to frequent switches or not. There is a general expectation, and more so from the professors' side, rather than the non-academia ad Coms, that people who have been in an industry for some time have an understanding of the organization's goals, how their work impacts those goals, and the trends that are currently there in that industry. This is specifically to filter folks who do not have business acumen. For example (in my observation), someone who has worked across startups generally tends to be more informed about the startup's business models, business metrics and objectives, and current trends in the startup's industry. On the contrary, many applicants with engineering backgrounds who have served long tenure in PSUs, manufacturing, or IT, have a hard time seeing beyond their functional roles and responsibilities. I coach many applicants from this segment, and I see that they are often too focused on the technicalities of the job. The MBA application is usually the first time they contemplate the reasons behind their actions and grasp the bigger picture of their professional roles and responsibilities. Curiosity to understand the bigger picture of an industry is important for most B-schools as this is an important skill in a business leader and IIM A specifically looks out for this skill during interviews.

f) I am sure the PGPX has its own guidelines regarding forming its ideal cohort (the inverted bell curve of some sort) where they limit how many candidates from various age and experience points they can accommodate. The B schools don't want the cohorts to be very skewed as it impacts the MBA experience and results. For younger applicants, evidence of a steep career progression and a mature outlook is a great advantage. For older applicants, the ability to adapt, learn quickly and accept feedback works best.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  56