GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 18 Jan 2020, 15:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IMD Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Finally Spring is here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 03:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Finally Spring is here
​Since we celebrated the arrival of Spring in the Eastern-European traditional manner last Friday, the weather has been wonderful here in Lausanne. It was helpful to get us through the past week, and through this coming one hopefully, the last  before the exams prep.

On the first day of spring according to Swiss standards, I though I would share my picture from this nice celebration.

Fouad
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
The Power of Authenticity  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 14:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: The Power of Authenticity
As we approach the
finish line of the first part of the program (and the dreaded exams) the
overall energy of the class is much more on the lower side than before… The
exhaustion starts to pile up and what I see is not a change in the attitude, is
really that people are too tired and overworked and  worried to "shine" through.

I believe it's all
part of the process…. But the reason I bring that up is because I've witnessed
the power of authenticity and leadership with a speaker last week:

Imagine that tired,
overworked class mentioned above. Add to that a full day of Accounting. Can you
feel the energy?

Yes… we were pretty
much dead when a 1994 IMD MBA Alumni bursted into the case discussion. No
introductions, he just shows up and takes the lead of the discussion. He was
actually the manager of the case we were studying and we started to discuss and
question his decisions openly. Everyone was hypnotized and fully tuned in. He
completely owned the room with his consistent confidence on not necessarily
unanimous statements and decisions.

The Balanced
ScoreCard case turned into a session on Leadership, Life and Values. It was so
authentic and powerful that his lessons still echo in our coffee breaks and
dungeons.

Here are some of the
lessons that caught my attention:

SUCCESS - Be very
good at something specific and only then start to broaden out. Have 1 or 2
mentors that you can rely on for candid unbiased guidance. Be happy with your
family/loved ones.

TIME MANAGEMENT - Be
present wherever you are and really connect with whoever is with you. Best way
to be productive is to use your time fully and well.

LUCK - Is about
attitude and how you deal with things in your life. Being open and positive
will "attract" luck or transform situations.

DECISION MAKING -
Assess what you can assess, but then make a decision and move forward. Don't
look back.

GIVING BACK - Always
do something outside of yourself. Do things for other people in their best
interests. "You learn, You earn and You return!"

And the advice for
us during the MBA year?

[*]Use this year to make a
change[/*]
[*]Take personal risk, don't
overprotect [/*]
[*]Experiment with yourself/your
facets[/*]
[*]Refigure out who you want to
be and what you want to do[/*]
[*]Hone yourself to be the best
person you can be[/*]
[/list]

Thanks Leif for
bringing him and giving us that energizing session!

Now back to the
studies… and good luck to all of us on the exams!

Silvia
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IMD '17 (M)
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all IMD Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2016, 11:07
Admitted to IMD!
What I know as of now, there have been at least 2 assessment days, I was participating in the second assessment day on 18th of March.
There were 8 applicants from Asia, Latin America and Europe on that day.
New thing they add now to the assessment day is a role play. They give a small situation based on your background, and then you will have a role-play of around 3-5 minutes. I believe they test how you respond to stress and ambiguity, and each situation for every applicant will be different.
What impressed me was a class lecture and work in groups. The learning process is really dynamic and intense.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2016, 22:14
vibis wrote:
Admitted to IMD!
What I know as of now, there have been at least 2 assessment days, I was participating in the second assessment day on 18th of March.
There were 8 applicants from Asia, Latin America and Europe on that day.
New thing they add now to the assessment day is a role play. They give a small situation based on your background, and then you will have a role-play of around 3-5 minutes. I believe they test how you respond to stress and ambiguity, and each situation for every applicant will be different.
What impressed me was a class lecture and work in groups. The learning process is really dynamic and intense.

Congrats vibis
How many got selected from your gropu ?

I will be attending the Singapore assessment day.

Was there any essay writing for your groups!. Any other details will be greatly appreciated
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
We survived the exams!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2016, 12:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: We survived the exams!
​Hello there from a much lighter and warmer atmosphere!

I really can't believe the first exams are behind us... Yay!

I think everybody was tired and stretched last month. For me, personally, it was really challenging. It was the build up of many sleepless nights and intense reflections on the future. I must admit I was even a bit cranky sometimes...haha... poor classmates :)

But back to the exams: I have to share with you what I saw happening here on campus! I was so touched by the super collaborative atmosphere. People studying together everywhere (day and night), sharing insights, tips and shortcuts. A lot of people gave up their study time to help the ones struggling...

I thought it really reflected the IMD spirit. No competition at all, rather a genuine interest in achieving together... amazing!

For me it was a bit scary to tackle Finance and especially Accounting. I couldn't believe when I finished the exams and actually felt good about them!!!

May I take the time to thank everyone that helped me with materials, encouraging words, and their precious time. I would like to thank especially Neha Kabra, Renato Gonzaga, Lucas Seoane and Gustavo Zanini. I wouldn't have made it without you! :)

Now we look into module 2 with great expectations. The best part about being in a frontloaded program is that the future always seem more fun and interesting. I am super excited about the new classes like Strategy, Innovation and International Management.

Stay tuned!

Wishing you the best from a warmer Lausanne,

Sílvia
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2016, 22:15
Thanks for directing me to the correct thread endysng !

Participants of the assessment day are requested to kindly share details ! I am an R2 applicant
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Connecting the dots  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2016, 14:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Connecting the dots
​History is happening right now – this
is my strong impression from today. During the couple of last days, we have
discussed incredibly real and stunning cases in entrepreneurship class. “I
want to rule my life and manage my business” imperative can have absolutely
different sequences. So many factors, predictable and sometimes completely
unforeseen, good or bad luck may play a critical role. But to what extend
actually luck is random? Several weeks ago a guest speaker told us that luck might
be considered an attitude. How do people make choices and what is truly important
in our decision-making? We’ve seen some case heroes, making transition from the
corporate to entrepreneurial world, changing industries or locations within or
outside their countries, also balancing their personal lives. Those dilemmas
and decisions seem so compelling to me. On the other side, business cases are in
a way similar to fairy tales from my childhood - captivative, teaching and touching something important inside. I admire efforts of our
professors and other case writers, who “hunt” to create those masterpieces. Those stories represent contemporary business traditions, eternal individual
dramas and successes and the way we think – towards a given or imagined. And
are we that conscious in our decisions or can we be objective, looking back and
“connecting the dots”?

Today after classes we had a very
interesting speaker from the travel industry. We heard a story on growing a new
business by creating a new market segment in Europe. It is another fantastic
story on transferring technology, but tailoring it to the needs of a different
market. A technology-driven service, significant capital investment, digital
challenges, customer expectations and what not. And the biggest challenge and privilege
is… a team work. I am always inspired to see successful women leaders, smart
and charming, strong and humble.

Another beautiful day at IMD.

Till soon,

Aysylu​
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Motivation, Inspiration and some advise - Just another day at IMD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 14:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Motivation, Inspiration and some advise - Just another day at IMD

Entrepreneurship stream formally came to a close today but not without leaving us with some valuable learnings. Over the past many weeks we had the privilege to vicariously live and experience the lives of many entrepreneurs through the case studies. While "Eat me" introduced us to the trials and tribulations of Serena as she successfully persevered to realise her dream of starting a concept restaurant in Lausanne, Govworks.com narrated a tragedy of Shakespearean proportion as we witnessed Kaleil Isaza's metoric rise to fame and eventual fall from grace.

From Tumi's take over by Samsonite, to Venkatesh's LBO of a division of his employer everything was on the menu.

We had the privilege to meet many of these entrepreneurs in flesh and blood as they recounted their journeys to us and patiently answered flurry of our hurried questions.

This morning Professor Benoit orchestrated perhaps the most appropriate conclusion to this stream by sharing with us the remarkable story of WIPHOLD (http://www.wiphold.com/), an example of how Private Equity can be a force for good and not just a source of profits. These stories motivated us to dig deep into our own passions and unearth those great ideas that we have been holding back perhaps a tad bit too long.

After such a motivational start to our day, in the afternoon, we got a chance to talk to a panel of senior HR managers from several companies. In those 4 hours we received some valuable career advice. Engaging with these people helped us to see the world from their perspective. It helped us to understand how best to position ourselves so as to maximize our chances of landing our dream jobs.

The best however was left for the last. We were paid a visit by a friendly neighbour. One of Nestle's best employees took time out of his busy schedule to come and speak to us. He was none other than Paul Bulcke, the CEO, himself.

There cannot be anything more inspiring for business students like us than to be able to meet and learn from the stalwarts of the industry. Paul has spent 8 years at the helm of one of the World's largest corporations and tonight we had the opportunity to ask him all about the remarkable journey that he has been through. No wonder we were falling over each other in order to ask our questions. Paul took all questions - easy ones, difficult ones, personal ones and professional ones. He answered them with utmost conviction and authenticity.

Much of his advice around careers was simple but profound. He urged us to find happiness in our work and not to see it simply as a means of getting to some future position. Perhaps the most important piece of advise from my point of view was that we should not look to work for our boss rather we should work for our peers and subordinates.

Such advice is often not found in business books or literature but can only be garnered through talking to someone like Paul who has seen it all, made it to the top and has kept the perspective on what is important.

How do you summarize such a rich day at school?

All I can say is this: More motivation, more advise and more inspiration - just another day at IMD

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Invaluable lessons from Paul Bulcke, Nestlé's CEO  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2016, 11:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Invaluable lessons from Paul Bulcke, Nestlé's CEO
As Kunal beautifully
described in his latest post​, life after the exams has been inspiring in many
levels!

I find myself in a
state where I don't want time to go by so fast…every day brings new
possibilities, ideas and opportunities to use the learnings we had on the first
part of the program. The city of Lausanne feels like home now and the IMD
family is closer and closer.

All 90 of us are
here as a result of so many different stories! We of course want different
things out of each subject and have different interests and priorities… That is
why when I look around and see all 90 of us completely hypnotized by a speaker,
it means we're living a special moment.

That's what happened
last Thursday with the special visit of Nestlé's CEO, Paul Bulcke!

It was a night to
remember. He was super accessible and down to earth,  and truly created an atmosphere of closeness
with our class.

There were so many
pearls of wisdom.

To me the most
insightful ones were:

[*]Don't imagine your career as
the final destination. Make the decisions today on what you know today.
Things are always changing.[/*]
[*]Never work for your boss.
Work for your team.
[/*]
[*]If you have no interests
outside your job, you are in trouble.[/*]
[*]What needs to be done, only
gets done by doing
.[/*]
[*]Practice dettached
involvement
. (Be present and part of the situation but be also able to
look at it from a distance)[/*]
[*]The world is a place full of
intelligent people but lacks wisdom.[/*]
[*]When you have all the
answers, that's management. When you don't have all the answers, that's
leadership.[/*]
[/list]

And the ultimate
lesson to me was given by example. He was asked some difficult questions in
delicate subjects such as GMOs and water resources, and the way he openly yet
firmly responded them was utmost inspiring.

Another
unforgettable moment in the incredibly unique experience that is the IMD
journey.

Love,

Sílvia
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Inferring the Niagara from a drop of water  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2016, 18:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Inferring the Niagara from a drop of water
What is common between well-known Mr. Sherlock Holmes and an IMD MBA candidate? Strategy
classes have started and we need to apply deductive reasoning in problem
solving. A simple dating riddle may become a hard strategic dilemma: temptation for inductive conclusion from a qualitative analysis should be
challenged through a deductive quantitative check. The numbers might be
approximated, but once they show that your sophisticated multilayer reasoning
doesn’t make sense, because a beautifully differentiated product provides no
financial benefit on the market, forget the business idea. The logic is pure
and beautiful.

Then comes a leadership class and we discuss organizational
frameworks. What is it like to persuade the whole group of people, when you
have an opposite opinion? Again inductive vs deductive. Are you capable as a
leader to make this change? Someone just made a logical mistake, but the other
might have a psychological defense – how do you deal with those at once? And what
kind of miracle happened to the British Museum in early 2000s? For the last
several days while on my way I listen to the archived BBC radio-programs of Mr.
Neil MacGregor “A History of the World in 100 objects”: stories, that connect functionality and beauty
of artefacts with changing us. By the way, this thesis is just a part of a vision
of a leader, who succeeded to attract millions of visitors and changed our
perception of museums.

During the break my classmates discuss the central role of
energy in economy. Later on I
listen to another radio program of Neil MacGregor: supposedly 50 million years
ago humans started creating arts – a connection to imaginary and abstract
thinking – this might be related to the fact that normally around 20% of energy
consumption of a human serves brain needs. Energy is for us and not the
other way round. It’s us, who create, who progress, who doubt, who make
mistakes...

At the beginning of this week we presented our start-up
solutions to the jury and, thus, finished entrepreneurship classes and… changed
our groups. Turning to another page of our incredible journey at the IMD,

Till soon,

Aysylu​
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
It just gets better and better!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2016, 12:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: It just gets better and better!
Life at IMD after
the exams just gets better and better!

The knowledge and
tools we've acquired in the first three months have started to sink in and
become part of our "arsenal" to tackle new challenges. Our confidence
and ability to perform have climbed and we can now take on bigger challenges
with much lower stress levels. And the new classes are amazing!

I am trying my best
not to spoil any surprises for the newcomers here… but let's say that the last
days have been filled with excitement and super interesting topics such as:
crisis management, media training, hands-on innovation and leadership frameworks
on getting people on board. Unquestionably useful knowledge that will certainly
differentiate us - especially in the long run.

The career services
team has been super active bringing valuable sessions to help us on career
management, interviewing techniques and case interview preparation.

We are also having
more and more guest speakers to inspire us with their trajectories and share
invaluable lessons. Just this week we'll have three different executives
spending time exclusively with us.

To top it off, last
weekend most of our class took our first trip together! Our classmate Dustin
Kahler took the brave role to organize rooms, transportation, ski gear
exchange, dinner and activities for over 60 people to come to Verbier! It was a
great way to have fun together and create some more memories of our Swiss
adventures!

I feel like we are
living the IMD dream… and I am doing my best to enjoy the present as time is
moving fast and tends to move even faster after the June exams.

Have a great week and stay tuned!

Silvia
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GPA: 3.7
WE: Human Resources (Education)

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2016, 19:01
Hey All,

Just to add some perspective on the admissions process, I just interviewed Ralf Boscheck, IMD's MBA Program Director. I think this could help those of you still applying to IMD:

http://touchmba.com/imd-mba-admissions-interview/

Cheers, Darren
Of battery packs and ice-creams  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2016, 15:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Of battery packs and ice-creams
​Just back from a very long day at school but cannot resist sharing with you all the learnings of the day. Another fantastic day at IMD. I know they are kind of becoming tablestakes - fantastic days I mean, but thats how things are on this side of the World at the moment.

The day kicked of with Professor Misiek's class on Strategy (those who are tempted to Google him - try Mikolaj Piskorski) where we were put in charge of running a battery business that was undergoing some serious technological transition. All 90 of us were put in the seat of the company executives to propose and implement strategies to lead the company through this transition. The simulation was quite realistic, complete with budget allocation, product design decisions and the consequences of taking wrong decsions - getting fired. I got fired too a few times but in my defence, almost all of us did at some point or the other. This was a great example of how all the knoweldge in the world is worth nothing if we are not able to use it at the right place at the right time. Often it is not lack of knowledge but our own biases or blind spots that get in the way of making the right decisions. Not being able to separate good information from bad, or not taking a step back to look at he big picture are all the reasons why even top executives fail to design and implement the right strategies. All of this played out in the simulation.

From selling battery packs we moved to selling ice-creams in Africa. Prof. Cyril Bouquet as part of the innovation class had a truly exciting project in store for us. We were given limited resources and were asked to design equipment for street vendors in Africa. This was our first major project in the new groups and what a fun experience this was. We arent fully done with this yet. Tomorrow morning at 8 we have to present our designs to the class and see what they think about it. These are not models or prototypes but full scale equipment that will be put to test tomorrow. My team is pleased with our design and I hope tomorrow morning we put up a good show.

A fine day, a long day but yet another fun day with real learning for the real world.

Till next time!

Kunal

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Toys for thought, twinkle stars and growing adults  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2016, 10:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Toys for thought, twinkle stars and growing adults
​This week was incredibly concentrated and full of
impressions. To start with an amusement park: short and tall revolving
attractions quickly grew up across the road. Day and night they shine and
reproduce fancy songs, disturbing overwhelmed MBA students. Attractions are
calling and I hope to reward my inner child, before they move to another
destination. By coincidence, our infantile festive spirit showed up on Monday
with a team exercise on Innovation. We worked in new groups and the experience in terms of team collaboration
was much easier and a bit more efficient than that during the starting days of
our first groups. I don’t believe that the reason was in personalities, but
rather give importance to the fact, that we have been together as a class for more
than four months, and also hope, that we’ve learned a lot on what does it take to
work in teams. On Tuesday, our innovation professor Cyril Bouquet concluded the
course by, first, heading a fantastic innovation contest, then giving us
another out-of-box group assignment and, lastly, each of us has got a unique souvenir of self micro-prototype (now I can practice my self-analytical talks even better).
Every conclusion of another course is a bitter treasure. In return, a new
course on International Political Economy started. I enjoy deepness and width
of the subject and our class discussions.

During a Strategy class discussion, my friend made a
comment, that an issue in question had been studied at a Finance class
several weeks ago and, interestingly, through another conceptual argumentation,
we derived to the same conclusion. That was my moment of excitement: I realized the first fruits of my learning experience at the IMD very tangibly and felt the difference in the way I and my classmates think now.
Practically, I have more tools and flexibility to challenge my business reasoning and decision making. I need to mention that our Strategy professor, Mikolaj Piskorski, turns our thinking habits and attitudes, even in the way we read cases, upside down.

This week we were hosted by the EPFL president, Patrick Aebischer, a man, who turned around a good technical university into a great academic and research power and a global innovation gravity center. An Everyman of the World, an Entrepreneur, a Leader. It was a great luck and an honor to get to know him and his story.

Finally, once again I appreciated importance of making well-rounded and solid choices, and taking self-responsibility, accordingly. I imply career planning and job searching. Doing individual home-work on self reflection in terms of personal strengths and weaknesses, as well as turns and passions, personal life choices, networking, company analyses and many other criteria is very demanding, but having serious long-term aftermaths. I’m going to discuss it with my prototype))

Greetings from sunny Lausanne and the best business school in my life!

Till soon,

Aysylu​

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2016, 03:49
endysng wrote:

Congrats vibis

Was there any essay writing for your groups!. Any other details will be greatly appreciated

Hey! Congrats on your admit!

How was your day?
Are you going to accept or you are considering other MBA?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Marketing is over...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2016, 03:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Marketing is over...
​One more great course behind us, yesterday was our last marketing class witht he exceptionnal faculty Goutam Challagalla.

One more step is behind us in our journey, such a feeling of accomplishement, and yet, some nostalgia is already settling in. Goutam's "EXACTLY" to our class contribution is irreplaceable, we will all miss it!

Thank you Goutam for your great classes, priceless teaching and lessons and for the inspiring speakers you brought in!

Till next picture,

Fouad
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
The best week or was it?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 12:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: The best week or was it?
The staccato frequency of these blogposts stands in stark contrast to the almost unending excitement in the MBA program these days. And while I bring you up to speed with all the action let me confess straight-away that I have decided to stop branding any day at IMD as the "best day", because experience has proved to me that the best is yet to come.

Take for instance the week that has just gone by. We had the CEO of Hublot come and speak to us of his experiences of turning around not one, not two, not even three but 5 watch brands. And these are not just any watch brands but the very best - Omega (yes he was the guy that gave James Bond his first Omega), Blancpain (again he was the one that brought Blancpain back from the dead) and Hublot to name a few. Jean Claude Biver, with almost child like enthusiasm and energy (that could give 30 year olds a run for their money), shared with us the key ingredients of his success and the lessons that he has learnt during the course of his unparalleled career. His simple but profound and tested message could be summarized in three phrases: In any business - be the first, be different and be unique. As Fouad mentioned in his blog, we could not have asked for a better ending to the Marketing course.

From innovation centred leadership, we then moved to leadership when facing dilemmas. Martin Jahn, a senior executive at Volkswagen group shared with us the challenges that Volkswagen is facing as it attempts to recover from what is arguable the most catastrophic disaster in the long and illustrious history of the brand. i must commend his willingness to take all the tough questions on this issue head-on. Not for once did he try to dodge a question or avoid an issue. Personally, I learnt from him the importance of authenticity even in and may be especially in moments of crisis.

And when we were wondering how could the week get any better, Professor Carlos Braga announced to the class that he will be releasing his new book at the World Trade Centre in Geneva and that he has arranged for all 90 of us to be in the WTO chamber during that book release. An absolutely incredible feeling it was to be in the WTO chambers surrounded by Ambassadors from around the World. it was quite an experience to watch the ambassadors and academics grapple with the future of WTO and particularly, debate the question of impact of digitization on World trade and the role of WTO in the changing World order.

While we might have to wait a bit longer for the outcome of that debate, I hope the blog team on this side will not keep you waiting for more exciting posts. So stay tuned.

Kunal

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
And we mastered International Political Economy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2016, 02:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: And we mastered International Political Economy
After a bit more than two weeks of a condensed Internaitonal Political Economy course, it is time for us to thank the very special Prof Carlos Braga for the passionate debates, controversial points of view and outstanding off campus visits he organised for us at ICRC and WTO, organisations most of us would probably never have the chance to visit! As we lost a number of bets to Carlos, we still owe him a few bottles of wine and hope to see him again soon to share them with him...

The now traditionnal end of class picture

Fouad
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GRE 1: Q164 V160
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2016, 19:19
vibis wrote:
endysng wrote:

Congrats vibis

Hey! Congrats on your admit!

How was your day?
Are you going to accept or you are considering other MBA?

Hi Guys,

Can you share what are the questions which are asked to the recommenders ? I am planning to apply and want to know the questions my referees need to fill out so that i can give them some suggestions ..
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2016, 00:54
ssk04 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Can you share what are the questions which are asked to the recommenders ? I am planning to apply and want to know the questions my referees need to fill out so that i can give them some suggestions ..

Hi

Questions are normally not available for an applicant at any MBA application.
You give email of your recommender, IMD will send a link, and the recommender will follow the link to fill in the form. Sometimes applicants would fill in the form themselves if the recommender allows.

I believe questions will be general, something like greatest achievement, positive AND negative things about applicant.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!   [#permalink] 26 May 2016, 00:54

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 232 posts ] 

Calling all IMD Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Leadership