GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Jun 2020, 08:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
Re: Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 04:17
Just received the interview invite after the long and agonizing wait. Very excited! AO was JM.
Any tips from those who have gone through the interviews?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 13:02
sbg8591 wrote:

Wouldn't the e-mail come irrespective of an interview invite?

thanks,
SG

Yep you'd get an email too if you were dinged.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 13:10
swongx wrote:
Thrilled to have gotten the call from VF on 9 Feb (after being Waitlisted from R2) for a spot in Fonty this Sept as well!!

I'm wondering about 2 things though:

1) My dateline for a reply is this Friday 12 Feb but I would like to ask for an extension as my managers are all out of town this week and I would like to have a chat with them about this before giving a final, calculated decision. Would asking for an extension risk anything?

2) Would I still be qualified for the scholarships which I applied for in R2? Was really hoping to be one of the 20-25% who receive scholarship of some sort to help pull me through!

Barring an extraordinary circumstance, I'm definitely mostly likely going to accept but will be most grateful for any additional insights!

My profile just FYI:

Singaporean Female
GMAT: 690
6 years working experience in Consulting, Corporate Innovation, Health Tech

Thanks in advance from a very grateful person :)

Congrats on getting off the waitlist! It's quite unusual that INSEAD would only give you a few days to reply. Are you sure that deadline is right? Payment of the initial deposit = accepting your place. So it's quite odd that INSEAD would only give you 3 days to raise the payment, which isn't a small sum. I would've thought it would be 12 March given you got the call on 9 Feb. That said, if they've given you only 3 days, it's entirely reasonable to ask for an extension. If you've been accepted already, you don't really have anything to lose by asking.

According to INSEAD, waitlisters still qualify for scholarship considerations. However, imho chances of getting one is likely pretty low.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 13:19
tosc2015 wrote:
Just received the interview invite after the long and agonizing wait. Very excited! AO was JM.
Any tips from those who have gone through the interviews?

Congrats on getting an interview invite! The best thing you can do is to make sure you know your application inside and out and have a few extra "stories" up your sleeve. Other than that, just be yourself. Some of the questions you can expect to get asked is "Why an MBA?" and "Why INSEAD?" The interviews vary based on interviewer, but for most it's pretty relaxed.

Clear Admit has a collection of interview reports you might find useful: http://blog.clearadmit.com/category/int ... ol/insead/
Director
Director
Villa Vivanté (and other Fontainebleau accommodation tips)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 20:00
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Villa Vivanté (and other Fontainebleau accommodation tips)
Je suis arrivé à Fontainebleau! Actually, I arrived a little over a month ago, but my new life at INSEAD has flown by faster than a New York Minute. It’s only now that I have finally found a moment to stop and reflect on it all. So here goes.

Let me invite you into my new home Villa Vivanté.

Villa Vivanté is an 18th century home with eleven bedrooms, almost as many bathrooms, and two living rooms and kitchens. There are 11 of us fresh-faced MBA students living here at the moment. Between us, we speak over 15 languages and come from all corners of the globe – specifically from Australia (me), America / Jordan (Rayan), Germany (Carlo), France, Canada, Georgia, Brazil, Belgium, India and Japan.

(More photos on my personal blog: http://oliviaoyster.com/blog/2016/villa-vivante/)

Like many of my INSEAD peers, I had my heart set on living in a nearby chateau or villa shared with other classmates. Sounds ridiculous I know, but when else will we get the chance to live in a chateau in the French countryside? And when else will we get the chance to live under the same roof with ten other intelligent, fun, multi-lingual and overachieving young professionals from ten different countries? For me, this is a once-in-a-life opportunity that makes the INSEAD MBA experience truly unique.

Accommodation was the first thing that I organised after I got accepted to INSEAD (having applied in the second application round), and I highly recommend incoming candidates do the same. There are plenty of accommodation options in Fontainebleau, but if you want to stay in a large shared house or chateau, then supply is limited.

It was a bit tricky finding information on shared housing options, so below is a short list of where some of my December ’16 classmates are living to give you some guidance (in no particular order). Bonne chance!

Houses next to campus (within 10 min walking distance):

Club 16

Maison Royale

Marcel Lods (separate apartments with some shared common areas)

Houses near campus (within 30 min walking distance):

Villa Vivanté

Villa Foch

Le Parc

Houses / chateaus further from campus (within driving distance to campus):

Chateau Fleury

Chateau de Montmelian

Chateau de Courances

Shangri-La

Le Puits Carré
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Director
Director
Villa Vivanté (and other Fontainebleau accommodation tips)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 20:01
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: Villa Vivanté (and other Fontainebleau accommodation tips)
Je suis arrivé à Fontainebleau! Actually, I arrived a little over a month ago, but my new life at INSEAD has flown by faster than a New York Minute. It’s only now that I have finally found a moment to stop and reflect on it all. So here goes.

Let me invite you into my new home Villa Vivanté.

Villa Vivanté is an 18th century home with eleven bedrooms, almost as many bathrooms, and two living rooms and kitchens. There are 11 of us fresh-faced MBA students living here at the moment. Between us, we speak over 15 languages and come from all corners of the globe – specifically from Australia (me), America / Jordan (Rayan), Germany (Carlo), France, Canada, Georgia, Brazil, Belgium, India and Japan.

(More photos on my personal blog: http://oliviaoyster.com/blog/2016/villa-vivante/)

Like many of my INSEAD peers, I had my heart set on living in a nearby chateau or villa shared with other classmates. Sounds ridiculous I know, but when else will we get the chance to live in a chateau in the French countryside? And when else will we get the chance to live under the same roof with ten other intelligent, fun, multi-lingual and overachieving young professionals from ten different countries? For me, this is a once-in-a-life opportunity that makes the INSEAD MBA experience truly unique.

Accommodation was the first thing that I organised after I got accepted to INSEAD (having applied in the second application round), and I highly recommend incoming candidates do the same. There are plenty of accommodation options in Fontainebleau, but if you want to stay in a large shared house or chateau, then supply is limited.

It was a bit tricky finding information on shared housing options, so below is a short list of where some of my December ’16 classmates are living to give you some guidance (in no particular order). Bonne chance!

Houses next to campus (within 10 min walking distance):

Club 16

Maison Royale

Marcel Lods (separate apartments with some shared common areas)

Houses near campus (within 30 min walking distance):

Villa Vivanté

Villa Foch

Le Parc

Houses / chateaus further from campus (within driving distance to campus):

Chateau Fleury

Chateau de Montmelian

Chateau de Courances

Shangri-La

Le Puits Carré
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 22:15
Anyone received interview invite from SH? My AO is SH and I haven't yet received anything. Do they also send email to applicants whose application has been rejected?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 22:57
aditya82910 wrote:
akshaytewari wrote:
Hi,

Could someone let me know when the AOs are assigned? I applied in mid-dec but no AO yet.

Thanks!

AO is the one who contacted you via mail to intimate regarding the completeness of your application. Check your inbox

Thanks for that!
The intimation email has come from "The Admissions Team", no particular AO. Guess need to wait n watch :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 23:50
akshaytewari wrote:
aditya82910 wrote:
akshaytewari wrote:
Hi,

Could someone let me know when the AOs are assigned? I applied in mid-dec but no AO yet.

Thanks!

AO is the one who contacted you via mail to intimate regarding the completeness of your application. Check your inbox

Thanks for that!
The intimation email has come from "The Admissions Team", no particular AO. Guess need to wait n watch :)

Most people seem to have been assigned AOs, but there are some people like akshaytewari and me who just received an email from 'The Admissions Team'. Anyone has any insights on how this works? Are AOs assigned in some cases upon receiving an interview intimation? Or should each applicant have an AO assigned after submitting the application?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 00:11
Fall2016Eddy wrote:
Most people seem to have been assigned AOs, but there are some people like akshaytewari and me who just received an email from 'The Admissions Team'. Anyone has any insights on how this works? Are AOs assigned in some cases upon receiving an interview intimation? Or should each applicant have an AO assigned after submitting the application?

Hey, what I think is that they assign AOs to organize their selection process better and we, as candidates have a name to associate as a point of contact instead of just 'The Admissions Team'. It makes the whole thing seem more personable when someone from the school mails you saying 'I have checked your stuff, I will contact you etc...' I think its a nice touch.
However, maybe for a few applications they couldn't assign an AO to immediately so they just sent it from the 'Adcom team'... Again this is just my opinion.. I don't really know.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.. I'm sure the whole process is transparent and the same for all. Just wait for an update mail and don't dwell on not being given a specific AO :)
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 00:13
xyeek wrote:
ShephardCommander wrote:

Oh man tough luck. All the best for the rest of your applications.
I guess I can expect a ding too.. Doesn't look too promising. Ah well =)

The deadline for invites is still a couple days away so don't give up yet! If R1 is anything to go by, invites from SH's region normally come out pretty late. Hang in there :)

Thanks for the optimism xyeek! Yeah well I guess it aint over till the fat lady sings.
One more day to go. Let's see.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 11 Feb 2016, 07:29
Just got the invite from AO IR :)

AO was SH though.

Originally posted by HSidhu89 on 11 Feb 2016, 07:05.
Last edited by HSidhu89 on 11 Feb 2016, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 07:28
Got the invite too just now from IR (my AO was also SH)!!
Super excited!!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 08:35
Hi Guys, We are starting the chat in 20 minutes. If you are around, join the chat room to participate http://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Narenn wrote:

Hello Everyone!! We are delighted to inform you that we are holding a chat session with Caroline Diarte Edwards, Director at Fortuna Admissions (former Director of Admissions at INSEAD) and Melissa Jones, Expert Admissions Coach at Fortuna Admissions (former Asst. Director at INSEAD).

Caroline and Melissa will dialogue with applicants in GMAT Club chat room on general admission questions and provide tips on getting into INSEAD. This is best opportunity for you to learn about what INSEAD from its former admission directors. So save this event to your Google Calendar and present in the chat room with your questions.

Date: February 11, 2016. Thursday
Time: 9 AM PST (5 PM GMT)
Place: GMAT Club Chat Room http://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 10:41
Got an Interview invite from IR. (AO was SH)!! :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 10:44
Just got the mail from IR too.. (AO was SH).. One wait ends, the other begins..
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 14:26
I got an email from Ms. Stefanie Hanny saying I have been dinged but my online status says "under review" for the past couple of hours :/
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2016, 01:19
sanrohan wrote:
I got an email from Ms. Stefanie Hanny saying I have been dinged but my online status says "under review" for the past couple of hours :/

Apparently the status on the application website never changes. The communication is purely through email. I have been accepted and my application shows " under review" as well.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2016, 02:14
Oh alright! All the best to you! :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2016, 03:05
sanrohan wrote:
Oh alright! All the best to you! :)

thanks! good luck to you too! I know this process can be hard. I was waitlisted before accepted, and I thought it was over.

Keep positive!!!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2016, 03:05

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  30    Next  [ 589 posts ] 

Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Hideto, pabpinor, MBAPrepCoach