GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Jun 2020, 09:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Director
Director
The INSEAD Menu  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 21:01
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: The INSEAD Menu
Ah INSEAD…. So unique that it’s hard to describe it to other people sometimes. The diversity, the pace, the combination of hard work and social life… but what makes INSEAD stand apart (and be the BEST MBA IN THE WORLD) is its short length mixed with the incredible number of options it offers to students. The hard part : choosing what to do. Finding out what we really want. And make decisions. Just like when we go to a restaurant with a long menu…

When I go to a restaurant, I am one of the most annoying people you can think of, because I tend to ask the waiter one of the three stupid but still widely widespread questions :

• What’s good here ?
  • What do you recommend ?
  • What’s better : the steak or the salmon ?
This is very silly because he/she is not going to tell me : « Everything on the menu is horrible and makes people sick, except for one specific item that is truly delicious ». Sometimes though I do get a reply like « our specialty is … you should really try it » which makes it very happy since I do not have a decision to make anymore. But the vast majority of times, I get the normal response : « Well it depends on what want sir » (let’s pretend they call me sir).

Well at INSEAD, it’s the exact same thing : there’s an incredible number of options for students, but we just cannot do it all. At the restaurant, you can only eat a few things before you’re full (and sometimes « broke »). At INSEAD, we have a different constraint : TIME (we’re all broke after paying the tuition fee anyway). So let’s check out the menu for a moment :

INSEAD MENU

Pick any of the items of the menu to add up to 24

« MUST HAVES »

Classes ………………………………………………………….…………………. Small : 3 / Medium : 4.5 / Large : 6

Homework …………………………………………………………………………  Small : 2 / Medium : 4 / Large : 6

Networking ………………………………………………………………………… On Demand

Sleep ………………………………………………………………………………..On Demand (6 is recommended)

CONSULTING LOVERS

Case preparation …………………………………………………………………………………….……………… 3

Coffee Chat ………………………………………………………………………………….……………………… 0.5

HOUSE SPECIALTIES

Week-end planning …………………………………………………………………………………….……………  2

Group diner ………………………………………………………………………………….……………………….. 3

Big party ………………………………………………………………………………….…………………………… 6

SWEET TOOTH

On-campus presentation ……………………………………………………………………………………………..1.5

Career advising appointment ………………………………………………………………………………………… 1

Sport at the gym ………………………………………………………………………………….…………………… 2

Club event ………………………………………………………………………………….…………………………. 2

Alone time ………………………………………………………………………………….……. Currently unavailable

SNACKS

Coffee with other students ………………………………………………………………………………………….. 0.5

https://gmatclub.com/chat & Facebook ………………………………………………………………………………….……………. 24

SPECIAL COMBOS

The « Sponsored » combo : small portions of homework, extra week-ends & parties

The « Non Consultants » combo : extra homework, less sleep and lower GPA

The « Discovery » combo : a small portion of everything

The “Dean’s List” combo : no parties and week-ends, a VIP card at the library

We can all agree that the menu looks very good. But with a 24 hour « time budget » per day, we cannot order everything. And just like a waiter at any restaurant, INSEAD will not tell you to have one specific item because it depends on what YOU want.

Which makes me move to my point (I do have one I promise) : we learn about management and business in the classroom everyday, but the amazing and unique value of INSEAD comes from our ability to manage the entire experience.

To manage it on a daily basis, we need four of the main skills every top manager needs to have nowadays :

1) Self awareness to be able to make the right choices. With so many options at INSEAD, we really need to know ourselves in order to do the things that will ultimately help us become who we really want to be in the future. If you do not trust me, trust Dumbledore when he tells Harry (Potter) in the first movie : « it is not our abilities that define who we are. It is our choices »…. wise man… May he rest in peace.

2) Time management to be as productive as possible : any top manager has to deal with a million things in a given day. So do we during that very special year at INSEAD. We therefore have to learn how to prioritize and how to maximize the number of things we can achieve in 24 hours.

3) Openness to change : Charles Darwin (better than Dumbledore…) said « it is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but one most responsive to change ». The world is constantly changing, and top managers need to be able to cope with the fast pace and the diversity of today’s world. With students from over 80 countries, 3 campuses, classes in all fields of business, cases from all around the world, INSEAD transforms us into chameleons.

4) Social & networking skills… because in the end, « who you know » sometimes matters more than « what you know ». The social life at INSEAD is the best, and creates bonds between students that will remain forever. Just check the hashtag #INSEADmoments on social media…

Some core principles of our « Corporate Financial Policy » class might be forgotten in the future, but those core skills we learn trhough INSEAD will now be part of our DNA for the rest of our lives.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Director
Director
The INSEAD MBA Experience Arrives in Abu Dhabi!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 22:00
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: The INSEAD MBA Experience Arrives in Abu Dhabi!
After 10 days of travelling through the relative wilderness of East Africa, my Etihad flight made a smooth landing at Abu Dhabi’s International Airport. My journey to a brand new continent had just ended, but another, entirely different adventure was about to begin. Aside from the sprawling lights from buildings and cars, I was greeted by a vast number of tower cranes erecting the new terminal expansion of the Abu Dhabi Airport – probably three times the number used to construct the new Vikings stadium in Minneapolis. When travelling through Abu Dhabi and Dubai, it is truly astonishing to see how fast the cities have developed. After all, this was a land of desert, bedouins, and simple fishermen just 50 years ago.

After stepping into the Grand Millennium Al Wahda hotel, I began meeting my fellow INSEAD classmates, some of whom I came to know on the Fontainebleau campus in France, and others from Singapore, who I met for the first time. Out of a group of just 44 students forming the pioneering class of INSEAD’s first 2-month residential MBA exchange in Abu Dhabi, a total of 30 nationalities are represented. Students arrived from all corners of the earth following a month-long recess for Christmas holidays, eager to begin their studies in an entirely different context and environment than before.

At first glance, Abu Dhabi is a city of simple architecture and urban design compared to neighbouring Dubai. The entire island of Abu Dhabi is arranged into neat blocks with large avenues that accommodate roughly 12 lanes of traffic. The buildings are all quite similar, and with few exceptions do not exceed 20 stories. INSEAD’s home for the past 10 years has been a modest office building around the corner from the Al Wahda mall. While rather simple from the outside, the interior has been transformed into a state-of-the art facility that caters mostly to executive education. There’s a small library, a restaurant, an open floor for seminars, three lecture halls, multiple break-out rooms, and offices for the school’s faculty and staff.

This period, our classes include “Doing Business in the Middle East” (DBiME), “Live Action Learning Project (LLP)”, “Negotiations”, “International Political Analysis (IPA)”, and “Macroeconomics”. DBiME is lead by INSEAD Professor Neil Jones, who has arranged for us to visit a variety of businesses across the region and attending various seminars and panels. To date, we have visited Mubadala, Masdar, Middle East Broadcasting Centre (MBC), Bain, Unilever, and look forward to more visits in the future. We will also prepare research posters on prevalent business themes in the region, which will be presented at INSEAD’s Middle East Talent Networking Forum on February 28 in Dubai. LLP has students working in teams of five on a variety of consulting engagements with local companies including Google, The Crown Prince Court of Abu Dhabi, Arthur D. Little, E&Y, and Deloitte. Our Negotiations course is INSEAD’s most sought after elective and will be taught by Professor Horacio Falcao, one of INSEAD’s most famous professors and author of the book Value Negotiation: How to Finally Get the Win-Win Right. IPA and Macroeconomics are the last of our core courses, taught by visiting professors from NYU Abu Dhabi: Professor Jeffrey Timmons and Professor Jean Imbs, respectively.

Aside from a busy schedule of classes and company visits, we have had many opportunities to explore the region. Some of the more memorable experiences include a hearty meal of fresh seafood at the Abu Dhabi fish market, ripping across sand dunes in a Landcruiser and trying sand boarding for the first time, a day of relaxation on the beaches of Abu Dhabi’s Lulu Island, sipping Moroccan tea and conversing late into the night in Dubai’s old city on the banks of the Dubai creek, waking up at 5:30am to ascend the Burj Khalifa and watch the sun rise, and a day-long hike in the Hajar Mountains near Ras Al-Khaimah.

In just 5 short months, I have completed 14 courses, met hundreds of fellow classmates, visited dozens of companies, startups, and alumni, and travelled to 11 different countries spanning 4 continents. I am truly grateful for the opportunities I have been provided thus far to grow as a future business leader and look forward to my remaining time at INSEAD and the many journeys and adventures that will surely unfold.

INSEAD MBA students enjoying a hike in the beautiful Hajar Mountains near Ras Al-Khaimah.

INSEAD MBA students listen to a presentation by Mr. Mazen Hayek, Official Spokesman for the Middle East Broadcasting Corporation, about how the network became the largest pan-Arab media company in the Middle East and North Africa.

MBA students in Abu Dhabi celebrate INSEAD’s ascent to the top spot of the 2016 Financial Times’ Global MBA Ranking.

You may follow the journey of INSEAD MBA students in Abu Dhabi on social media by following #P3inAD!
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Director
Director
The INSEAD MBA Experience Arrives in Abu Dhabi!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 22:01
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: The INSEAD MBA Experience Arrives in Abu Dhabi!
After 10 days of travelling through the relative wilderness of East Africa, my Etihad flight made a smooth landing at Abu Dhabi’s International Airport. My journey to a brand new continent had just ended, but another, entirely different adventure was about to begin. Aside from the sprawling lights from buildings and cars, I was greeted by a vast number of tower cranes erecting the new terminal expansion of the Abu Dhabi Airport – probably three times the number used to construct the new Vikings stadium in Minneapolis. When travelling through Abu Dhabi and Dubai, it is truly astonishing to see how fast the cities have developed. After all, this was a land of desert, bedouins, and simple fishermen just 50 years ago.

After stepping into the Grand Millennium Al Wahda hotel, I began meeting my fellow INSEAD classmates, some of whom I came to know on the Fontainebleau campus in France, and others from Singapore, who I met for the first time. Out of a group of just 44 students forming the pioneering class of INSEAD’s first 2-month residential MBA exchange in Abu Dhabi, a total of 30 nationalities are represented. Students arrived from all corners of the earth following a month-long recess for Christmas holidays, eager to begin their studies in an entirely different context and environment than before.

At first glance, Abu Dhabi is a city of simple architecture and urban design compared to neighbouring Dubai. The entire island of Abu Dhabi is arranged into neat blocks with large avenues that accommodate roughly 12 lanes of traffic. The buildings are all quite similar, and with few exceptions do not exceed 20 stories. INSEAD’s home for the past 10 years has been a modest office building around the corner from the Al Wahda mall. While rather simple from the outside, the interior has been transformed into a state-of-the art facility that caters mostly to executive education. There’s a small library, a restaurant, an open floor for seminars, three lecture halls, multiple break-out rooms, and offices for the school’s faculty and staff.

This period, our classes include “Doing Business in the Middle East” (DBiME), “Live Action Learning Project (LLP)”, “Negotiations”, “International Political Analysis (IPA)”, and “Macroeconomics”. DBiME is lead by INSEAD Professor Neil Jones, who has arranged for us to visit a variety of businesses across the region and attending various seminars and panels. To date, we have visited Mubadala, Masdar, Middle East Broadcasting Centre (MBC), Bain, Unilever, and look forward to more visits in the future. We will also prepare research posters on prevalent business themes in the region, which will be presented at INSEAD’s Middle East Talent Networking Forum on February 28 in Dubai. LLP has students working in teams of five on a variety of consulting engagements with local companies including Google, The Crown Prince Court of Abu Dhabi, Arthur D. Little, E&Y, and Deloitte. Our Negotiations course is INSEAD’s most sought after elective and will be taught by Professor Horacio Falcao, one of INSEAD’s most famous professors and author of the book Value Negotiation: How to Finally Get the Win-Win Right. IPA and Macroeconomics are the last of our core courses, taught by visiting professors from NYU Abu Dhabi: Professor Jeffrey Timmons and Professor Jean Imbs, respectively.

Aside from a busy schedule of classes and company visits, we have had many opportunities to explore the region. Some of the more memorable experiences include a hearty meal of fresh seafood at the Abu Dhabi fish market, ripping across sand dunes in a Landcruiser and trying sand boarding for the first time, a day of relaxation on the beaches of Abu Dhabi’s Lulu Island, sipping Moroccan tea and conversing late into the night in Dubai’s old city on the banks of the Dubai creek, waking up at 5:30am to ascend the Burj Khalifa and watch the sun rise, and a day-long hike in the Hajar Mountains near Ras Al-Khaimah.

In just 5 short months, I have completed 14 courses, met hundreds of fellow classmates, visited dozens of companies, startups, and alumni, and travelled to 11 different countries spanning 4 continents. I am truly grateful for the opportunities I have been provided thus far to grow as a future business leader and look forward to my remaining time at INSEAD and the many journeys and adventures that will surely unfold.

INSEAD MBA students enjoying a hike in the beautiful Hajar Mountains near Ras Al-Khaimah.

INSEAD MBA students listen to a presentation by Mr. Mazen Hayek, Official Spokesman for the Middle East Broadcasting Corporation, about how the network became the largest pan-Arab media company in the Middle East and North Africa.

MBA students in Abu Dhabi celebrate INSEAD’s ascent to the top spot of the 2016 Financial Times’ Global MBA Ranking.

You may follow the journey of INSEAD MBA students in Abu Dhabi on social media by following #P3inAD!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 03:14
ubii88 wrote:
sandeepblr wrote:
Did anybody from R2 wait list hear from the adcom? I remember reading that the deadline for accepting R2 offers was sometime in Jan 2016. Has this deadline passed - can we expect to hear about R2 wait lists being cleared any time soon?

same thing here, but no news so far.

Can anyone share any new information?

The deadline for first installment was on 22 Jan for R1/R2 people. INSEAD is still following up though on those who haven't accepted to confirm that they definitely aren't accepting the offer. I did get an email just a few days ago from the adcom following up. My guess is that until they confirm their actual numbers to this point, there won't be movement on the wait list.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)
Re: Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 04:58
xyeek wrote:
ubii88 wrote:
sandeepblr wrote:
Did anybody from R2 wait list hear from the adcom? I remember reading that the deadline for accepting R2 offers was sometime in Jan 2016. Has this deadline passed - can we expect to hear about R2 wait lists being cleared any time soon?

same thing here, but no news so far.

Can anyone share any new information?

The deadline for first installment was on 22 Jan for R1/R2 people. INSEAD is still following up though on those who haven't accepted to confirm that they definitely aren't accepting the offer. I did get an email just a few days ago from the adcom following up. My guess is that until they confirm their actual numbers to this point, there won't be movement on the wait list.

Thanks for sharing! From your information I can infer that although the payment was due in Jan 22nd, some candidates can still accept the offer a few days later? Interesting!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 05:12
Any R3 invites yet? Clearadmit shows one R3 interview invite from Japan (Feb 1st).
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 10:18
Anyone applying R4?
Do you guys think the chances of admission are the same in R4 and in previous rounds?
I know INSEAD's website says that the chances are the same regardless of the round, but since that is not the case for most schools, I wanted to know whether anyone has any thoughts/experience to share on this...

From INSEAD's website: "Competition for each round is equal regardless of the intake or round you apply for. We review the pool of applications submitted within each round independently, keeping the “offer ratio” (percentage of candidates accepted vs. applications received) fairly constant across all rounds."
Director
Director
INSEAD: First Impressions of Fontainebleau  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 17:00
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: INSEAD: First Impressions of Fontainebleau
When describing life at INSEAD, students and alumni often talk about the world-class courses and professors, the enriching extra-curricular activities, and the outstanding career services. After an exciting kick-off to the program these first two weeks with a variety of team-building, orientation, and preparatory activities, I thought it would be worthwhile to share some first impressions which I plan to reflect on at the end of the year.

The People

The INSEAD MBA Class of December 2016 is comprised of over 70 nationalities. My first reaction when I looked around the auditorium of my peers waiting for Dean Ilian Mihov’s welcome speech was to think about how incredible it was to experience this new meaning of the word “diversity”, and to hear seven languages being spoken in my immediate vicinity.

As I got to know my classmates, I realized that the diversity extended far beyond nationality. We had former doctors, lawyers, entrepreneurs, engineers, semi-professional athletes, consultants, soldiers, bankers, and even a member of an Oscar-winning movie production team. As someone who spent most of his life in one of the most multi-cultural countries in the world and spent the past five years working for an international consulting company, I was extremely impressed with how well the admissions team had crafted our community. As Dean Ilian Mihov stated in his welcome speech: “Everyone is a minority at INSEAD”.

The City & Campus

Between talking to alumni and googling images, I thought that I had a pretty good idea of what to expect when I arrived. For the most part, I was way off.

Fontainebleau is a bit of an oasis in the middle of the forest, but it’s by no means a village. The town itself was much larger and developed than the sleepy French countryside I had originally pictured in my head. The school itself sits on a busy road about a 15-minute walk from the center of Fontainebleau (and Château de Fontainebleau) and neighbors several sports facilities.

Although English is the language of instruction on-campus, it doesn’t hurt to pick up a few phrases in French to help with tasks like opening a bank account or getting a haircut, even if you fulfill your entry and exit requirements in two other languages.

Dean of MBA Programme & Professor Urs Peyer speaks at the 16D welcome event

Orientation Week Activities

If our first week was any indication of what to expect from INSEAD, we’re in for a challenging, exciting, and rewarding year! The activities kicked-off with campus tours and logistics sessions (how to apply for a residency permit) and was followed the next day, a Friday, with a welcome address by INSEAD Dean Ilian Mihov and Dean of Degree Programs Urs Peyer. The following Monday many students sat for exemption exams where those with prior knowledge in specific topics could attempt to waive up to two core courses.

Aside from logistics activities, the Career Center engaged with us right away to ensure that we began working with them to plot our career paths against our industry, geography, and role preferences. We were immediately asked to schedule two meetings with our career advisors: one for CV review and one for career planning.

SPLASH

The SPLASH program is a community service project whereby INSEAD students take part in a team-based construction projects in INSEAD’s local communities, both in Fontainebleau and Singapore. We were divided into groups (by section) to build a playground at a local school for children with learning disabilities. Each section was tasked with setting and meeting specific goals with the support of the SPLASH project team. As talented and diverse as we are, few of us had any real hands-on construction experience which made for an interesting day. The project was physically and mentally challenging, but it served as a crash course on how to communicate with a group of people from different backgrounds and work together on a tangible project. Although the early bus and weather were challenging, the work was both personally and professionally rewarding and made many children happy.

Start of Classes

By the time classes began, I was already so busy I had almost forgotten that I was here to study. My schedule for Period 1 kicked off with Prices & Markets, and Financial Markets & Valuation.  Although we had the option to sit for exemption exams in certain subjects and replace them with electives, the experience and levels of business acumen varied greatly among the classes. Professors recognized this immediately and their class discussions and assignments to strike a balance so that the more advanced students don’t feel bored but the students new to business concepts don’t fall behind.

So far, so good here in Fontainebleau! Stay tuned in the coming weeks on how I landed at INSEAD, the INSEAD Startup Bootcamp, and tips for a smooth transition when moving to Fontainebleau.

Director
Director
INSEAD: First Impressions of Fontainebleau  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 17:01
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: INSEAD: First Impressions of Fontainebleau
When describing life at INSEAD, students and alumni often talk about the world-class courses and professors, the enriching extra-curricular activities, and the outstanding career services. After an exciting kick-off to the program these first two weeks with a variety of team-building, orientation, and preparatory activities, I thought it would be worthwhile to share some first impressions which I plan to reflect on at the end of the year.

The People

The INSEAD MBA Class of December 2016 is comprised of over 70 nationalities. My first reaction when I looked around the auditorium of my peers waiting for Dean Ilian Mihov’s welcome speech was to think about how incredible it was to experience this new meaning of the word “diversity”, and to hear seven languages being spoken in my immediate vicinity.

As I got to know my classmates, I realized that the diversity extended far beyond nationality. We had former doctors, lawyers, entrepreneurs, engineers, semi-professional athletes, consultants, soldiers, bankers, and even a member of an Oscar-winning movie production team. As someone who spent most of his life in one of the most multi-cultural countries in the world and spent the past five years working for an international consulting company, I was extremely impressed with how well the admissions team had crafted our community. As Dean Ilian Mihov stated in his welcome speech: “Everyone is a minority at INSEAD”.

The City & Campus

Between talking to alumni and googling images, I thought that I had a pretty good idea of what to expect when I arrived. For the most part, I was way off.

Fontainebleau is a bit of an oasis in the middle of the forest, but it’s by no means a village. The town itself was much larger and developed than the sleepy French countryside I had originally pictured in my head. The school itself sits on a busy road about a 15-minute walk from the center of Fontainebleau (and Château de Fontainebleau) and neighbors several sports facilities.

Although English is the language of instruction on-campus, it doesn’t hurt to pick up a few phrases in French to help with tasks like opening a bank account or getting a haircut, even if you fulfill your entry and exit requirements in two other languages.

Dean of MBA Programme & Professor Urs Peyer speaks at the 16D welcome event

Orientation Week Activities

If our first week was any indication of what to expect from INSEAD, we’re in for a challenging, exciting, and rewarding year! The activities kicked-off with campus tours and logistics sessions (how to apply for a residency permit) and was followed the next day, a Friday, with a welcome address by INSEAD Dean Ilian Mihov and Dean of Degree Programs Urs Peyer. The following Monday many students sat for exemption exams where those with prior knowledge in specific topics could attempt to waive up to two core courses.

Aside from logistics activities, the Career Center engaged with us right away to ensure that we began working with them to plot our career paths against our industry, geography, and role preferences. We were immediately asked to schedule two meetings with our career advisors: one for CV review and one for career planning.

SPLASH

The SPLASH program is a community service project whereby INSEAD students take part in a team-based construction projects in INSEAD’s local communities, both in Fontainebleau and Singapore. We were divided into groups (by section) to build a playground at a local school for children with learning disabilities. Each section was tasked with setting and meeting specific goals with the support of the SPLASH project team. As talented and diverse as we are, few of us had any real hands-on construction experience which made for an interesting day. The project was physically and mentally challenging, but it served as a crash course on how to communicate with a group of people from different backgrounds and work together on a tangible project. Although the early bus and weather were challenging, the work was both personally and professionally rewarding and made many children happy.

Start of Classes

By the time classes began, I was already so busy I had almost forgotten that I was here to study. My schedule for Period 1 kicked off with Prices & Markets, and Financial Markets & Valuation.  Although we had the option to sit for exemption exams in certain subjects and replace them with electives, the experience and levels of business acumen varied greatly among the classes. Professors recognized this immediately and their class discussions and assignments to strike a balance so that the more advanced students don’t feel bored but the students new to business concepts don’t fall behind.

So far, so good here in Fontainebleau! Stay tuned in the coming weeks on how I landed at INSEAD, the INSEAD Startup Bootcamp, and tips for a smooth transition when moving to Fontainebleau.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.21

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 03:35
I have just received my interview invite! I am thrilled!!

Best of luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 04:30
fmbraga wrote:
I have just received my interview invite! I am thrilled!!

Best of luck to all!

Congratulations.

Who was your INSEAD admissions officer?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 07:01
I just received the invite this morning as well. Super excited. Best of luck guys.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 08:21
Interview invite also received !
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 19:40
ubii88 wrote:

Thanks for sharing! From your information I can infer that although the payment was due in Jan 22nd, some candidates can still accept the offer a few days later? Interesting!

Yes it does seem that there is a little bit of leeway to confirm your acceptance and pay the deposit. The deposit is fairly substantial and there isn't a whole lot of time given to pay it really if you're from a country where average salary and cost of living is lower than the EU. As such, it makes sense that they be a bit flexible.

Looking at MBAConnect, there are 292 for the 17J class, which should be those who have accepted as INSEAD removes those who confirmed non-acceptance from the directory.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 06:28
xyeek wrote:
ubii88 wrote:

Yes it does seem that there is a little bit of leeway to confirm your acceptance and pay the deposit. The deposit is fairly substantial and there isn't a whole lot of time given to pay it really if you're from a country where average salary and cost of living is lower than the EU. As such, it makes sense that they be a bit flexible.

Looking at MBAConnect, there are 292 for the 17J class, which should be those who have accepted as INSEAD removes those who confirmed non-acceptance from the directory.

Oh well, 292 on mba connect seem to me a really low number. Insead should call ~220 people! Sound a little too much for round 3 and 4.

Does anyone know how many people usually get accepted on R3 and R4?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 07:10
I am curious about the percentage of acceptance out of interview invites. Is it 50/50 or more than that?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 18:28
Any updates from Stefanie Hanny?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 08:33
HYDRA wrote:

She's the admissions officer for me, too. I haven't heard from her other than the "application complete" notification, which was on 15th Jan.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2016, 11:12
HYDRA wrote:

Same here. No news yet. Is it game over?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2016, 11:25
booyashaka wrote:
HYDRA wrote:

Same here. No news yet. Is it game over?

I hope not! The interview decisions will be rolled out until the 12th of February. Keeping my finger crossed. Good luck to you, too. :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!   [#permalink] 06 Feb 2016, 11:25

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  30    Next  [ 589 posts ] 

Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Hideto, pabpinor, MBAPrepCoach