Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
INSEAD applicant from India, yet to receive any news yet.

The good thing is that both invites and rejections are going out together, so no news isn't necessarily bad news. Or at least I hope.

Good luck to all in getting through this last day!

Any other invites for Indians gone out today?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 325 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Real Estate (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Good luck guys! And congrats to the recents invitees!!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: This is INSEAD Time
Before leaving for school, people told me about the phenomenon that is called “INSEAD FOMO”, and that I should learn to fight it. I was also told that the FOMO is a by-product of INSEAD time: time that is both... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.63
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
hi every body,
finish line is close for those who did not yet received anything ! so good luck to them !
sorry about all those who got rejected, best luck for your other applications !

I just received the name of my interviewer, INSEAD got a little bit confuse in the location but i will manage :-)
one of my interviewer has the same background as me (oil and gas), the other one has a new tech background, that's quite interresting.
i am now preparing !
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Got my interview invite a few minutes ago. If you haven't heard yet don't despair!! Best of luck!!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Good luck to all those that are waiting for a response! Fingers crossed!

I just received my interviewers as well, you can really see that the selection is not random at all!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Good luck to all those who are waiting and Congrats to those who got the invite. They try to pair you up with interviewers in your field, so if your area is a bit different they might be taking longer to get back.

For me, I had mailed my AO and she immediately called in 5 mins telling me that I have been selected for interview but they haven't yet found interviewers for me. So be patient , lots of Indian invites go on the last day. Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Good luck everyone on the last day for invites!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ddb1990 wrote:

Congrats on the invite ddb1990!! :)
The thread is surprisingly calm for the last day. Are they going to release everything at 6pm or what? :shock:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Icecream87 wrote:
ddb1990 wrote:

Congrats on the invite ddb1990!! :)
The thread is surprisingly calm for the last day. Are they going to release everything at 6pm or what? :shock:

I imagine they are since most invites (and rejects) are probably send today, but I could be wrong!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
So our Indian friends, what happened? Any good news to share?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Let's shake up things around here a little bit. I did my first interview a few days ago!

Some people have described their interview as a very casual affair. In my case it was a more formal than not interview and lasted for about one hour. I didn't get any "tricky" question (strength's weaknesses, cases etc). The interviewer began by explaining that the main goal of the interview was to judge how well I would adapt to INSEAD and whether he would consider me a valuable contributor to the school. He then basically asked me to explain my background and kept asking me concrete questions about my experiences, and to provide practical examples of why I made each decision. At certain points during the interview I would get more general questions such as "what have you learn from working on a multicultural environment?", always related to the context of the conversation at that particular moment. My answer would provide ground for him to ask for particular examples of those "lessons" learnt. The interviewer also asked me to explain my goals with the MBA and then how would I go about them if I didn't get admitted. The last half hour I asked him questions about his during and post the MBA and asking for advice.

I left with a good impression. I wouldn't say it was hard, but at times it was certainly challenging to come up with a clear example of an impression or an idea based on a past experience. I will have my next interview next week, good luck to everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
warnimont wrote:
Let's shake up things around here a little bit. I did my first interview a few days ago!

Some people have described their interview as a very casual affair. In my case it was a more formal than not interview and lasted for about one hour. I didn't get any "tricky" question (strength's weaknesses, cases etc). The interviewer began by explaining that the main goal of the interview was to judge how well I would adapt to INSEAD and whether he would consider me a valuable contributor to the school. He then basically asked me to explain my background and kept asking me concrete questions about my experiences, and to provide practical examples of why I made each decision. At certain points during the interview I would get more general questions such as "what have you learn from working on a multicultural environment?", always related to the context of the conversation at that particular moment. My answer would provide ground for him to ask for particular examples of those "lessons" learnt. The interviewer also asked me to explain my goals with the MBA and then how would I go about them if I didn't get admitted. The last half hour I asked him questions about his during and post the MBA and asking for advice.

I left with a good impression. I wouldn't say it was hard, but at times it was certainly challenging to come up with a clear example of an impression or an idea based on a past experience. I will have my next interview next week, good luck to everyone!

Hi warnimont,
Thank you for your debrief, the very first one this round!! :lol: :lol:

And welcome to the forum.

Please don't forget to update your INSEAD profile to add value to our stats. You can follow the link in my signature below. 8-)
Good luck on the next interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Icecream87 wrote:
warnimont wrote:

Hi warnimont,
Thank you for your debrief, the very first one this round!! :lol: :lol:

And welcome to the forum.

Please don't forget to update your INSEAD profile to add value to our stats. You can follow the link in my signature below. 8-)
Good luck on the next interview!

Profile updated!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Sustainability
Send PM
Hi There, have done my interview few days back. Quite casual, with two alumni. They both were friendly, cleared all things, and shared their experience at INSEAD. Questions are straightforward: why MBA, why now, walk me through your resume, career goals short term and long term. I feel I did well.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply

This chat is starting in 5 minutes. Join chat room if you around..mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:
Tuesday, October 25: Combined Live Chat for INSEAD, LBS, and HEC Paris Applicants

Dear Applicants, we've scheduled a live chat with former adcoms and admission experts of INSEAD, LBS, and HEC Paris on coming Tuesday. We hope all of you will attend this chat. If anyone can't attend the session but has questions for adcom/students, you can PM your questions to me and I will try to get their answers from admission experts. Thank you! See y'all in the event.

Admission Experts Participating in the Chat
  • Melissa Jones, former Admission Director at INSEAD and Admission Expert at Fortuna Admissions.
  • Emma Bond, former Sr Admission Manager at LBS and Admission Expert at Fortuna Admissions.

October 25, 2016 | Tuesday | 9:00 AM Pacific Time; 5:00 PM BST; 9:30 PM India Time. | Place: Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
OneYearMBA16 wrote:
Hi There, have done my interview few days back. Quite casual, with two alumni. They both were friendly, cleared all things, and shared their experience at INSEAD. Questions are straightforward: why MBA, why now, walk me through your resume, career goals short term and long term. I feel I did well.

So I've seen the two reports have not been confronted with the expected bad cop , good cop... interesting.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts