Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 354 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [2]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: ISB '16 (I)
GMAT 1: 640 Q35 V48
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Kudos
Aaaaaaand
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rangs641 wrote:
Revenge2014 wrote:
Nervousness at its peak ! Have my interview on 7th in Hyderabad.
Any one else invited on same date?
Experts - Any last minute suggestions?

I have mine at 10am on the same day at Hyd campus. What time is urs?

Mine is at 2:30 pm.All the best !!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Revenge2014 wrote:
Nervousness at its peak ! Have my interview on 7th in Hyderabad.
Any one else invited on same date?
Experts - Any last minute suggestions?

Be very sure about the goal and why ISB, why MBA part.
Go through your Resume and essays.
Get your stories about Team experience, difficulties at work, leadership etc right

Prepare a question or two to ask at the end.

Take a chill-pill. Believe me nervousness does not do any good :)
When your name is called for the interview tomorrow, take deep breaths, say to yourself I am gonna rock and then just go in and enjoy.
They are human beings who want students to take admissions :)

All the best!

Thanks Ankur ! Your insights had been instrumental in everyone's preparation !
Hope to get it fine !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V31
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Hi ankurgupta03 , Will they be declaring all the round 2 admits on 14th Feb. or they will start sending admits few days before 14th and finish by 14th.
Do they put out any waitlist as well? I mean some of the selected people may choose not to go to ISB and opt for another school instead (even after paying the initial confirmation amount). What happens to those seats? How does ISB factors these things if they don't have any waitlist?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.34
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
I'm sure they invite somewhat more than the batch size. I dnt think there is a waitlist since the adcoms have a fair idea of the yield rates from past.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 354 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Had my interview today.
My Background: Indian IT Male, Work ex: 5.5+ :lol:

It was scheduled at 2:45 pm. Reached venue at around 12:50 pm. The sheet to write one word essay was handed over and the word was Proactive. Needless to say, it was an easy one and I guess I wrote it quite well. Waited for some killing 2 hrs and then my name was called up at around 3:15 pm.

So here is my interview debrief:
There were 3 people, 1 from AdCom and 2 alum. Let’s call them P1, P2, P3.Really good looking and smart people. In my essays, I wrote about my start-up. The moment I entered,
P1: So your app is Android based or IOS based? What is it all about? Tell us more about it. (Was not expecting this as first question, no Intro, walkthrough etc.
Ans: Was prepared, told them the concept.
P1: What’s your role?
Ans: Told them that mostly around coordination and making B-plans etc.
P1: So you already having a MBA flavour with this venture?
Ans: I said not really, but yes trying to get that taste.
P1: Why you think people will use your application, how it will help me?
Ans: Answered it by giving him a scenario to which he agreed.Then he asked what other features my app has to which I also replied.
P2: You have worked in IT Infrastructure domain for 5 years, tell us which company did you find better? ( I have switched two companies, so they asked about it). Which one would you find better and why?
Ans: Told them in detail
P3: Difference between cultural diversity of both companies. And which one suits you?
Ans: Answered some random things, on the fly which strike my head at that point.
(Did a bit of goof up here to which P3 replied, this is not what I am asking :roll: )
P2: So you are a Project lead, why don’t you transform processes, what stops you? (In previous qn response, I told them some technicalities and process related things)
Ans: Answered it in detail.
P1: So how do you estimate the sizing of your project? (I wrote that I do sizing of project). They gave me a scenario of Fixed Bid project and asked me to calculate efforts. Handed me a piece of paper and asked me to take time as I believe they figured out that I was getting nervous :cry:
Ans: This was real cakewalk for me and I nailed it in detail. ( This is what I do as a part of my job role) Some cross questioning on my approach but they were quite convinced with my approach.
P2: So you wish to be in product management domain. Do you think really you doing justice with your profile? ( Very sarcastically this questions was asked)
Ans: Answered it more around how my goals are aligned with my profile.
P2: No Offence, but do you really think companies will hire you to teach skills that you are aiming to?
Ans: I said, I am not looking for companies to teach me, it’s the experience and the whole journey that will transform me. ( No further qn after this from P2)
P3: So have you researched what companies like Google, MS looks for in a Product manager? Do you think MBA is a pre-requisite for it?
Ans: I told them qualities and said how MBA can help me. He was neutral on my answer.
P3: What I told is more of a generic answer. I am interested to know what Google looks for in a Product Manager. Have you done research in this context?
Ans: I answered it more thoroughly with good terminologies and seems like this time he was convinced
P1: So, lets say you are hired as a Product manager for LinkedIn. Have you seen your profile page on LinkedIn? ( I said yes) Then tell me how would you improve it?
Ans: I got completely out of mind with this question. (Thought that its already perfect, why to improve it :o ) I answered them with couple of Ideas around how UI could be improved and could be made more intuitive and also suggested some add-ons.
P2: So if you are hired in Google ( man, they were after this) , will you continue to pursue your start up venture? Are you really serious about it?
Ans: I said yes and I am serious about it.
P2: In ISB , the curriculum is quite exhaustive and even after ISB , once in Google , you wont be getting time. More over post MBA , you will be earning good CTC on one hand, and on other yur start-up is still not in shape, how will you manage these things? Also, what your other team member think of you as they will be doing it full time and you won’t be able to devote time as needed?
Ans: I replied, currently I am also working but I dedicate my Out of office hours to it. And moreover, with ISB , I will have lot of learnings which will help my venture somewhere. I said with a job after ISB, I will have one year inhand from now and that will be decisive how my start-up is being perceived by end users. And if any point of time, If I will feel that I am not able to devote 100% as needed, I will quit and focus solely on my venture.
P2 replied, this what I intended to hear and smiled.
P3: We are already running out of time, so last question: Tell us for whom you are building this product, what your revenue model will be and how you see this venture in 2 years. He also said that there are other similar products and established ones, how will you beat them?
Ans: I was prepared for this, answered in detail.

At last the final question, any question for us?
Ans: I asked one which they answered in detail.
I said no more questions and they greeted me and I was done.

No idea how it went but a lot of cross questioning and indirect questions on why MBA, goals and Why ISB. They grilled a lot, really lot :roll: (don’t remember all the qns but there were few more). It lasted for 40-47 mins. Was not expecting to be this long. All the three were constantly firing up questions and I believe they really tried to make me puzzled :shock: . I goofed up at one place but except that I answered them to my best. Also, no usual question , no hobbies, no essay related question nothing. All about my start up, my goals and workex.
Most of other interviews before me lasted for not more than 20-25 minutes. Now fingers crossed and yes finally a night to relax as its all over now. All up to AdCom now, hope they make 14th to be a memorable one for me!

Thanks Ankur, and all other members who did posted their debriefs and share their thoughts. You guys rock !! All the best to everyone waiting for 14th, I am there in same boat now !

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT Date: 08-28-2014
GPA: 3.86
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello All,

I had my interview today, it was through skype.
There were 2 alums & no one from adcom, Alum 1 : Cool & cheerful & Alum 2 : Serious all time
Questions asked were in this manner :
A1 : Why you not make up to Hyderabad ?
A1 : Than Questions about my work ? <The embezzlement that i caught >
A1 : Again on work related to question 1 < Looks satisfied with my ans >
A2 : Why i changed job frequently during early days ?
A2 : What was the project ? < Project which i built in engg. >
A1 : how it works ?
A1 : Explain it in layman terms ?
then we all start discussing about its future prospectus < In this conversation, A1 looks happy but A2 looks as i asked him for his kidney :shock: >
A1 : Again Explain it to me ?
A1 : Essay related question ?
A1 : A problem given to solve ?
A1 : Do you have any question ?

I told him, No & greeted thank you for spending their time on sunday.

I have no idea, how it goes !! :roll:
I am preapared for the worst :oops:
All the best to all :arrow:
Cheers that we came so far !! :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 146 [2]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Here is my debrief of the interview I had on Feb 6th, 3:15 pm. The interview lasted for almost 20-25 mins.

My Background (Indian IT Male) : Indian, Manager at Product Based IT Company, Experience - 10+ years
2 interviewers of which one was an Alumni while the other was a very senior member of ISB (associated with ISB from its inception)

Q) Question about "Mobility" in my product within a minute.

Q) Elevator Pitch

Q) More details about my role in the organization.

Q) Why MBA.

Q) Impediments to move to the new role without an MBA.

Q) My role as a manager

Q) I was asked about Extracurriculars (I told sports)

Q) What are the 2 things that need to be changed in International Cricket ?

Q) What are the changes required in Test Cricket.

Q) Asked about ISL.

Q) What are the changes that can make ISL better.

The interview experience was very good and the interviewers were very friendly.

** I connected with Llewellyn Desouza for interview preparation. I benefited a lot from the interactions that I had with him. **
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
I read on this forum that the successful applicants will be informed on 14th and only the dings will be handed out on 15th. Wanted to re-confirm if that's the case.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
pratyush09 wrote:
I read on this forum that the successful applicants will be informed on 14th and only the dings will be handed out on 15th. Wanted to re-confirm if that's the case.

Yup that is the case.
All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
pratyush09 wrote:

Yup that is the case.
All the best!

Thanks Ankur :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.17
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)