Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
ashgirl wrote:
Hi, Anyone from Mumbai got an interview invite?

Wondering the same. ashgirl : what your application status states currently?
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
Hi, Anyone from Delhi got an interview invite yet? I heard dates for Delhi interview are 21-22 Nov.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Quick interview debrief if anybody is interested:

Panel was 2 alumni.
After short introductions we got into the interview. They started with a joke about my extra acads, atmosphere was quite friendly.
I was asked to tell them about myself.
Subsequent questions were all related to my work, my role in the organization etc.
We ended with a typical HR type question "Something that annoys you & Anything you want to ask us".

I was in there for well over 40 mins but overall the experience was very positive.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [2]
Given Kudos: 158
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
satwikpanda wrote:

Panel was 2 alumni.
After short introductions we got into the interview. They started with a joke about my extra acads, atmosphere was quite friendly.
Subsequent questions were all related to my work, my role in the organization etc.
We ended with a typical HR type question "Something that annoys you & Anything you want to ask us".

I was in there for well over 40 mins but overall the experience was very positive.

Interesting. I wonder how they gauge the myriad candidates through different types of interviews; some walk into a stress interview, while others get a regular formal interview while yet others are judged during a casual chat. How do they equalize and judge with such varying modes? Is there some methodology?
Anyone familiar with the system care to throw some light on the subject?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 2.86
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
varunchand wrote:
I left the room not knowing what to make of the whole thing. TBH, I'm still rather confused and frankly speaking neither result would really surprise me.

I think mine was similar- started off very well and left me confused towards the end. There was no grilling of any sort, the entire interview was just a friendly conversation. Almost 90% of my interview revolved around why MBA and my post MBA career plans. However things took a turn for the worse at the latter half and the panel thought I was a very technical guy and felt I would be better off doing a Masters or something similar. I definitely did not intend for the interview to take such a turn, but I guess I should expect a 50% chance of a ding now.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: ISB '17 (I)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q165 V164
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
varunchand wrote:
satwikpanda wrote:

Panel was 2 alumni.

Interesting. I wonder how they gauge the myriad candidates through different types of interviews; some walk into a stress interview, while others get a regular formal interview while yet others are judged during a casual chat. How do they equalize and judge with such varying modes? Is there some methodology?

I was wondering the same. My interview was quite a stress test - I was asked puzzles and some general knowledge questions. I was also grilled quite a bit about my job roles and responsibilities, extra curriculars and there were absolutely no general questions (tell us about yourself, why mba, why isb, post mba). I wonder how they will evaluate my candidature against say someone with a similar profile but a casual interview. Really quite stressed about it all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 2.86
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
For the people who were grilled- what was your average work experience? In my case I have about 8 years of experience and I'm guessing that had something to do with why they weren't keen on making it a stress test.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
nehabaliga wrote:
varunchand wrote:
satwikpanda wrote:

Panel was 2 alumni.

I was wondering the same. My interview was quite a stress test - I was asked puzzles and some general knowledge questions. I was also grilled quite a bit about my job roles and responsibilities, extra curriculars and there were absolutely no general questions (tell us about yourself, why mba, why isb, post mba). I wonder how they will evaluate my candidature against say someone with a similar profile but a casual interview. Really quite stressed about it all.

Usually the strongest and the weakest candidates face the stress interview. (ISB interviews are more often than not very friendly)
Grilling also happens when post mba plans and career goals are not clear or convincing.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
askakyyy wrote:

Usually the strongest and the weakest candidates face the stress interview. (ISB interviews are more often than not very friendly)
Grilling also happens when post mba plans and career goals are not clear or convincing.

I hope i come in the stronger category! :| i have good work ex, good acads n gmat, and am quite clear on why mba. And although it started off as a stress test, by the end the panel had loosened up and become much warmer. How did your interview go?

PS: I have 3.3 years of work experience
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
nehabaliga wrote:
askakyyy wrote:

I hope i come in the stronger category! :| i have good work ex, good acads n gmat, and am quite clear on why mba. And although it started off as a stress test, by the end the panel had loosened up and become much warmer. How did your interview go?

I posted my interview exp. earlier in this thread.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
askakyyy wrote:
nehabaliga wrote:
askakyyy wrote:

I posted my interview exp. earlier in this thread.

Read it now. Don't know what to make of it either. Mine was pretty much exactly the opposite. And went on for almost 45 minutes.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Has ISB rolled out interview calls for Delhi?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [3]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos