It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 11:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 23:10
15th December for Round 1
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 04:50
Hi All
Advice needed.

I have an interview invite to ISB on Dec 6th at Hyderabad.
However as Chennai is experience floods, all trains and flights have been cancelled till Dec 6th. But this information can change anytime. So do I wait till Dec 5th to call ISB and let them know the status or is it okay to ask them for a reschedule as early as possible?

Thank you!
1 KUDOS received
ISB Thread Master
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 04:59
This post received
KUDOS
Vanathi20 wrote:
Hi All
Advice needed.

However as Chennai is experience floods, all trains and flights have been cancelled till Dec 6th. But this information can change anytime. So do I wait till Dec 5th to call ISB and let them know the status or is it okay to ask them for a reschedule as early as possible?

Thank you!

I think you should talk to ISB adcom and let them know about it. There might be other candidates facing the same issue. Do not wait and leave it on 5th.
Current Student
Schools: ISB '17 (A), IIMA (A)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 07:59
I have my R1 interview scheduled at Mohali. If it gets converted, is there a higher chance of the Mohali campus being assigned to me instead of Hyderabad?
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 08:04
kude wrote:
I have my R1 interview scheduled at Mohali. If it gets converted, is there a higher chance of the Mohali campus being assigned to me instead of Hyderabad?

What is your current location..means where are you working.. Me too invited at Mohali campus since I am working in Ludhiana, nearby Chandigarh..Want to know if there is co-relation of inviting at Mohali with your current location?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 08:08
varunverma123 wrote:
kude wrote:

What is your current location..means where are you working.. Me too invited at Mohali campus since I am working in Ludhiana, nearby Chandigarh..Want to know if there is co-relation of inviting at Mohali with your current location?

Gurgaon. Delhi would have been closer to me so I am certain that current location isn't a factor.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 08:13
kude wrote:
varunverma123 wrote:
kude wrote:

Gurgaon. Delhi would have been closer to me so I am certain that current location isn't a factor.

What I think is may be they are done with Delhi interviews..nd hence invited the left ones to Mohali campus..Btw what is student strength at Mohali compared to Hyderabad?
Current Student
B
Affiliations: PMI
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 08:41
Vanathi20 wrote:
Hi All
Advice needed.

Thank you!

Please reschedule ASAP. Don't leave it for the last minute.
ISB Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 08:53
varunverma123 wrote:
varunverma123 wrote:
kude wrote:

What I think is may be they are done with Delhi interviews..nd hence invited the left ones to Mohali campus..Btw what is student strength at Mohali compared to Hyderabad?

Guys, focus on interview questions rather than thinking about lot of inconsequential ifs and buts!! :P

I think Mohali has 250 odd students in the current batch.

All the best to people who have their interviews in coming few days!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Olin '18 (S)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2015, 05:06
I was interviewed on 28th Nov in Mumbai. Experience with the panel was very conversational and the interview went just as I would have liked. I am in a quandary though. I have to make a very important professional decision by 10th Dec, affirmation of which will mean missing out on ISB's offer. At the same time it is very difficult to weigh in chances of getting an admit because the process is relative and competition is fierce.

Anybody, experts or someone closely following the forums, can provide insights on the approx number of candidates interviewed in R1 (interview invites are now over I guess). Any idea on how to better analyse the situation post interview (I know that is a very stupid question out of desperation :x :x )

Any thought?
ISB Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2015, 22:27
Escalate wrote:
I was interviewed on 28th Nov in Mumbai. Experience with the panel was very conversational and the interview went just as I would have liked. I am in a quandary though. I have to make a very important professional decision by 10th Dec, affirmation of which will mean missing out on ISB's offer. At the same time it is very difficult to weigh in chances of getting an admit because the process is relative and competition is fierce.

Anybody, experts or someone closely following the forums, can provide insights on the approx number of candidates interviewed in R1 (interview invites are now over I guess). Any idea on how to better analyse the situation post interview (I know that is a very stupid question out of desperation :x :x )

Any thought?

Hi

As per my understanding, the final ratio is around 4:1 i.e. 1 out of 4 is finally selected from the interview round. So, the competition is definitely fierce. And interviews are still going on (calcutta this week) and interviews in Hyderabad and Mohali campus till 10th. So, cann't be sure of anything till the final results come out! Don't know whether this will help you in making a decision but definitely a tough call if I would have been in your position.
ISB Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 00:22
No buzz around!!? Only one week to go....
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 00:57
How long does the interview usually last (incld. writing essay)?
SDA Bocconi Thread Master
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 01:08
Kude,

You can reach half an hour before scheduled time. Write an essay. Wait for the call from the panel. Generally interview is of around 20-30 minutes, but it varies with different panels. You can assume safely that entire process can take at max 2 hours.

Regards,
DJ
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 07:44
This post was
BOOKMARKED
my interview debrief:
Interviewed in Delhi. Panel comprised of 2 alums and 1 member from IT Centre (not sure - introduced himself in a hurry, well doesn't matter as his introduction was the only words he uttered during the 30 mins)
Absolutely no questions on why MBA, why ISB, post MBA Goals etc. Interview was mostly behavioral.
One of the alums was stuck on the first question for a long time - as I have worked with cross-continental teams so she was asking me about the "differences" I felt in working with all of them
I answered this question in 2 ways- differences in work culture and beyond work (culturally, friendliness, prejudices, etc) but I have no clue what she wanted to hear as she kept on repeating , "No, I want to hear the differences". I couldn't think of anything else that falls under the radar of "differences".

Then there were questions related to entrepreneurship. As I had talked of my interest in travelling, so there were questions around "If you have to setup this business in India, then what would be your biggest challenges"
and other such questions. I thought ISB panelists review the whole application before the interview and nowhere did I mention entrepreneurship as my short or long term goal.

Then there were a few expected ones: Example of a failure, Have you ever encountered a bad boss, how did you deal with an under performing subordinate etc.

Well so they ask some very obvious questions to most candidates - Why ISB? Why MBA etc. and they ask random stuff from others, how do they really compare the two different types of interviews? Its quite obvious that someone can give well-prepared answers for the obvious ones. Not much hope left after the interview
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 20:12
I am a late applicant - planning to send in my application for the second intake, i.e. 15th January.
Since I have no more than one month to prep for the test, and my math is not brilliant - it would help to know what my target score should be.

My application profile looks like this -
I am a BA (Economics) from Mumbai University & MS Management from Warwick Business School.
I have 5years of work experience - 2years as a Strategy Account Planner at an Ad agency and 3years as a Brand Manager at one of the top telecom companies.

I need help to arrive at a target score basis my CV, given that a higher-700s score looks unlikely in the given time.

Also, any help on ways to crack GMAT in a month with at least a 700 would help.
ISB Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 00:42
charu1990 wrote:
my interview debrief:
Interviewed in Delhi. Panel comprised of 2 alums and 1 member from IT Centre (not sure - introduced himself in a hurry, well doesn't matter as his introduction was the only words he uttered during the 30 mins)
Absolutely no questions on why MBA, why ISB, post MBA Goals etc. Interview was mostly behavioral.
One of the alums was stuck on the first question for a long time - as I have worked with cross-continental teams so she was asking me about the "differences" I felt in working with all of them
I answered this question in 2 ways- differences in work culture and beyond work (culturally, friendliness, prejudices, etc) but I have no clue what she wanted to hear as she kept on repeating , "No, I want to hear the differences". I couldn't think of anything else that falls under the radar of "differences".

Then there were questions related to entrepreneurship. As I had talked of my interest in travelling, so there were questions around "If you have to setup this business in India, then what would be your biggest challenges"
and other such questions. I thought ISB panelists review the whole application before the interview and nowhere did I mention entrepreneurship as my short or long term goal.

Then there were a few expected ones: Example of a failure, Have you ever encountered a bad boss, how did you deal with an under performing subordinate etc.

Well so they ask some very obvious questions to most candidates - Why ISB? Why MBA etc. and they ask random stuff from others, how do they really compare the two different types of interviews? Its quite obvious that someone can give well-prepared answers for the obvious ones. Not much hope left after the interview

Hi Charu,

Just out of curiosity, which panel number at Delhi?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 06:33
Can we expect results on the eve of the 14th of Dec- like last year?
ISB Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 22:29
gmatakhil wrote:

That only time till tell my friend! :P
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 22:34
kunalarora23 wrote:
gmatakhil wrote:

That only time till tell my friend! :P

Well the results could be out starting 12th evening. An ex-ISB staff, familiar with the ISB admissions team and now a consultant mentioned on another forum.
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2015, 22:34

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  63    Next  [ 1247 posts ] 

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap