It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 01:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
ISB Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2014
Posts: 74
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 20:54
chesterstreet wrote:
Here is a post on another forum by an ex ISB staff on how interviews are judged.

A lot of people who are getting the Chance Analysis mail are writing back to understand how does ISB grade the interviews. So here is what the scores mean one more time:


1 at the interview means you are a Direct Veto DING and need not apply again. (Very Rarely Happens)

2 at the interview means you are a direct DING but can apply again. (Most common among DINGs)

3 at the interview means Avg/ nothing great.

3.5 at the interview means above avg but still nothing great.

4 at the interview means good you got a chance if all else is okay.

4.5 at the interview means excellent and if all else is okay you will go through.

5 at the interview means Direct Veto ADMIT. Only someone very powerful in the ADCOM can object.


That means anything over and above 4, you should get through! Assuming you got an interview call that means all else was atleast okay!! Just thinking out loud....
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 May 2015
Posts: 16
Schools: ISB '17 (A)
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V37
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 02:53
kunalarora23 wrote:
chesterstreet wrote:
Here is a post on another forum by an ex ISB staff on how interviews are judged.

A lot of people who are getting the Chance Analysis mail are writing back to understand how does ISB grade the interviews. So here is what the scores mean one more time:


1 at the interview means you are a Direct Veto DING and need not apply again. (Very Rarely Happens)

2 at the interview means you are a direct DING but can apply again. (Most common among DINGs)

3 at the interview means Avg/ nothing great.

3.5 at the interview means above avg but still nothing great.

4 at the interview means good you got a chance if all else is okay.

4.5 at the interview means excellent and if all else is okay you will go through.

5 at the interview means Direct Veto ADMIT. Only someone very powerful in the ADCOM can object.


That means anything over and above 4, you should get through! Assuming you got an interview call that means all else was atleast okay!! Just thinking out loud....


so just in case If i get a 3.5 I cannot make it?
ISB Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2014
Posts: 74
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 04:06
unimportant wrote:
kunalarora23 wrote:
chesterstreet wrote:
Here is a post on another forum by an ex ISB staff on how interviews are judged.

A lot of people who are getting the Chance Analysis mail are writing back to understand how does ISB grade the interviews. So here is what the scores mean one more time:


1 at the interview means you are a Direct Veto DING and need not apply again. (Very Rarely Happens)

2 at the interview means you are a direct DING but can apply again. (Most common among DINGs)

3 at the interview means Avg/ nothing great.

3.5 at the interview means above avg but still nothing great.

4 at the interview means good you got a chance if all else is okay.

4.5 at the interview means excellent and if all else is okay you will go through.

5 at the interview means Direct Veto ADMIT. Only someone very powerful in the ADCOM can object.


That means anything over and above 4, you should get through! Assuming you got an interview call that means all else was atleast okay!! Just thinking out loud....


so just in case If i get a 3.5 I cannot make it?


Replace should with could in my sentence..:P Although I am not an expert here..one can apply loads of permutations & combinations on this....
BSchool Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 192
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
Schools: Fisher '19 (A)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 09:04
Anyone with an info on this:
How many applicants were there in R1 and how many received a call?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jun 2014
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 11:22
gmatakhil wrote:

4


3
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2013
Posts: 16
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Krannert '17
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 05:12
The ratio is 9:5:1 = applications: interviewed: admitted, so for a class size of 720, total applications were 720*9
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
B
Status: Alumnus & GSB Prez - ISB Co17
Affiliations: PMI
Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 174
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 05:47
1
This post received
KUDOS
MensaNumber wrote:
Any idea how many apply to ISB each year?


This is what a current student has said on another related query elsewhere :- 6:1 =Applicants : Seats.
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-numbe ... r-ISBs-PGP
The class of 2016 has 813 students, both campuses included. So if you extrapolate, that means 4878 candidates had applied last year, of which 813 got in.
The breakup of interviewed number is anybody's guess, however! :)
What matters is how to be the '1'' out of the 6- so if you are past the interview stage, you could well make that 1 in 3-4 chance! Means you are better off than when you started off!!! :)
Current Student
User avatar
B
Status: Alumnus & GSB Prez - ISB Co17
Affiliations: PMI
Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 174
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 06:35
MensaNumber wrote:
:)
But I think you didnt get me. I already have an offer from ISB. So my probability of getting in is 100%..haha

shyamnambiar wrote:
MensaNumber wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I didnt find these figures on ISB's website so asked here.
I am already in as you can see in my profile :) I was just trying to see how competitive is ISB admissions compared to its peers.


It is now safer for you than you would be at the start of Russian Roulette, since the odds are better than 1 in 6! :)


Oh crap! Missed that! Congrats!! :) The gun is äll clear":)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Oct 2014
Posts: 107
Location: India
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 11:26
souvilibra wrote:
Anyone with an info on this:
How many applicants were there in R1 and how many received a call?


about 1100 interviews out of 1400 applications.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Oct 2014
Posts: 107
Location: India
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 11:35
MensaNumber wrote:
That looks way too high. where did you get that info?
chesterstreet wrote:
souvilibra wrote:
Anyone with an info on this:
How many applicants were there in R1 and how many received a call?


about 1100 interviews out of 1400 applications.


I kinda knew that was coming my way! :-D

Its from an ex ISB staff on another forum, pagalguy, who is now a consultant. Btw this page is dead for ISB. The page at pagalguy is active an awful lot more than the one here.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Posts: 144
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.26
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 14:57
MensaNumber wrote:
:)
But I think you didnt get me. I already have an offer from ISB. So my probability of getting in is 100%..haha

shyamnambiar wrote:
MensaNumber wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I didnt find these figures on ISB's website so asked here.
I am already in as you can see in my profile :) I was just trying to see how competitive is ISB admissions compared to its peers.


It is now safer for you than you would be at the start of Russian Roulette, since the odds are better than 1 in 6! :)


Congrats MensaNumber! Would you mind sharing with us your profile?

Thanks,
Rachit
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2014
Posts: 41
Schools: Olin '18 (S)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 20:15
about 1100 interviews out of 1400 applications.

So managing to get an interview invite was fairly easy 1100/1400. How does that 9:5:1 perceived ratio hold up. Not in a negative sense but I feel numbers/data related to ISB get skewed
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 24
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 21:44
Have the results started to come out?? How does MensaNumber know that he/she is already in?? ?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 36
Location: Kuwait
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 22:43
TheBruceWayne wrote:
Have the results started to come out?? How does MensaNumber know that he/she is already in?? ?


Was there an EA round?


Less than 72 hours to go, my nerves are frayed and patience is wearing thin...
_________________

Completing MBA applications is like fighting a pissed off hydra on steroids, lop off one head and two more just take their place

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 24
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 23:16
varunchand wrote:
TheBruceWayne wrote:
Have the results started to come out?? How does MensaNumber know that he/she is already in?? ?


Was there an EA round?


Less than 72 hours to go, my nerves are frayed and patience is wearing thin...

Not that I am aware of :?:
I wonder how s/he already knows about the result. Or may be he is just confident because of this high GMAT Score. :!:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 7
Location: India
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: ISB '17 (I)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GRE 1: 329 Q165 V164
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 00:10
TheBruceWayne wrote:
varunchand wrote:
TheBruceWayne wrote:
Have the results started to come out?? How does MensaNumber know that he/she is already in?? ?


Was there an EA round?


Less than 72 hours to go, my nerves are frayed and patience is wearing thin...

Not that I am aware of :?:
I wonder how s/he already knows about the result. Or may be he is just confident because of this high GMAT Score. :!:


Have the admits started coming out?? So nervous..
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Posts: 164
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 02:16
Plz tell me the status of admits? From the moment the lucky guy/girl has posted about the successful admit ive been checking the ISB portal every 10 mins... btw do we get a personalised kinda post on our portal or is some kind of list posted on the website?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Oct 2014
Posts: 107
Location: India
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 02:18
TheBruceWayne wrote:
varunchand wrote:
TheBruceWayne wrote:
Have the results started to come out?? How does MensaNumber know that he/she is already in?? ?


Was there an EA round?


Less than 72 hours to go, my nerves are frayed and patience is wearing thin...

Not that I am aware of :?:
I wonder how s/he already knows about the result. Or may be he is just confident because of this high GMAT Score. :!:


Have the admits started coming out?? So nervous..[/quote]

The results arent out just yet. MensaNumber must be an EEO candidate who would have been admitted a couple of years back.

The results are likely tomorrow evening, especially for the admits and waitlists.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2014
Posts: 23
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE: Research (Telecommunications)
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 18:10
So today is most likely the day then?!?!
1 KUDOS received
ISB Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2014
Posts: 74
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2015, 21:16
1
This post received
KUDOS
ConncarERA wrote:
So today is most likely the day then?!?!


If we go by the last year trend, then today evening!!
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2015, 21:16

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  63    Next  [ 1247 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.