Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2023 Intake) Class of 2024 [#permalink]
Yes please add me also.
Admit Expert Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Danush649 wrote:
Hi
I took my gmat 2 days ago
I got a 720
My work experience is in family business (3 years), where my most significant contribution is making a vertical integration of moving from trading to staring a manufacturing plant. I have be over heading the shop floor production there. My educational background is Mechanical Engineering (8.7 CGPA). I have done 4 months internship at a consulting startup and have been a volunteer for the district municipality during the covid pandemic.
Do i have a shot at ISB ?
Should I retake GMAT?

Is there anything that i could do to improve my chances?

Hi Danush649,

The GMAT score is good to go.

From an admissions committee viewpoint, there are both benefits and some considerations when evaluating a candidate with a family business background

Benefits:

Leadership: Being in the family business, particularly in a position where you have overseen shop floor production and contributed to vertical integration can show strong leadership capabilities

Business knowledge: The firsthand experience of running a business can be valuable in the classroom, as you can bring real-world examples and perspectives to discussions and case studies.

Entrepreneurial mindset: Your family business experience can show your entrepreneurial spirit and ability to identify and use business opportunities.

Considerations:

Outside experience: Adcoms may want to ensure that you have been exposed to different work environments, challenges and management styles, which someone with regular work ex would come with

External impact and achievements: While your contributions to the family business are important, adcoms may also look for evidence of your impact beyond the family business. Your work at the consulting startup (or other similar experiences) and your volunteer work during the pandemic can be used here

Transferable skills: Adcoms will assess how well your skills gained in the family business can be applied in a broader business context. It is therefore important for you to highlight this in your essays

Overall, having a family business background can be an advantage and can hep you stand out among a highly competitive applicant pool at ISB. It is important for you to create compelling essays and show to the admissions committee how important the ISB MBA is to you at this point.

For a more detailed 1-1 strategy session, please write to contactus@admitexpert.com or fill the form at http://www.admitexpert.com

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.27
Send PM
Does anyone know why ISB isn’t a part of the NIRF rankings?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 690 Q45 V39
GMAT 3: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 4: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
ISB is not an institute regulated by UGC
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 363
GMAT 1: 620 Q50 V23
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 4: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 5: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello guys and mentors,

Hope this message finds you all well.

I took the GMAT few days ago and seeking evaluation of my profile for ISB. I am providing here some of the key details about my profile

GMAT: 720 ( V37, Q50, AWA 4, IR 8 ) :

Acads:

Graduation: B.Tech In Chemical Engineering, from a reputed state engineering college in Kanpur(U.P.) 76.54%, Year: 2016
• Secured 3 offers after graduation (Among 3 out of 65 in the batch who were able to do so
• Co-founded, with my batch mate, a coaching institute to teach engineering subjects to students from different engineering institutes in my city; At one time we were teaching more than 50 students from 4 different institutes.
• Led the final year group project and secured 92% marks for my group by collaborating and appropriately delegating tasks

XII: 83.4% (UP Board) Year: 2011
• Recognized by Dept of Education, Gov of UP, India for Excellent academic performance in 12th across all public schools.

X: 72.67% (UP Board) Year: 2009

Work Ex:

Working in an Indian Oil and Gas PSU in Since 2016 ( 7+ years of Ex)
Assistant manager: 2020- present
• Saved approximately USD 500K (through efficiency improvement in APC, a process control matrix, performance from 74 % to 97 %) by redefining KPIs for APC matrix, in collaboration with APC vendor and process monitoring department.
• Avoided potential loss of USD 700-900K (in form of equipment damage, maintenance and lost production hours) by mentoring the team of twenty eight, through mock drills, in dealing with high stress emergency situations such as power or utility failure.
• Brought annual saving of USD 80K by conceptualizing the modification scheme concerning oil loss conservation.
• Co-led the timely completion of commissioning activities of LPG treatment unit, a USD 1 million project, by consistently meeting deadlines for individual milestones within the project, which would save USD 500K worth chemicals.
• Developed standardized format for log-books by reassessing monitoring scope and by clearly defining monitoring objectives, resulting in reduced breakdown frequency of equipment – the format that is recommended as template for other units

Production Engineer : 2016-2020
• Conceptualized and implemented an energy conservation scheme that enabled the extraction of energy from a hot stream to its full potential, reducing fresh oil consumption in the unit (Saving US$ 700K annually).
• Planned and facilitated periodic maintenance of more than 100 static and dynamic equipment, bringing down breakdown frequency of equipment by more than 60%.
• Drafted and Co-led the implementation of lean concepts such as 5s and TPM in my unit, eliminating waste and redundancy in overall process of supply chain.
• Even with limited resources during COVID-19, managed to ensure uninterrupted supply chain by sharing and delegating additional responsibilities among peers and supporting staff.
• Led the team of 32 members of supporting staff and ensured collaboration among the cross functional team of 15 members, achieving the highest on-stream days (370 days against usual 300 days) in past one decade with capacity utilization rate of nearly 100%.

Ex Curricular:
E-Vidyaloka (An NGO dedicated to improve quality of education across rural India through digital means)
• Helping kids of class 6th- 8th in improving their basics of mathematics in fun and interactive way and recording their progress through class assignments and verbal tests that has shown visible improvement in their understanding.
• Volunteering for Transliteration and Translation of study material from regional languages to English to provide volunteer teachers from all walks of life access of resources that can be incorporated in their respective sessions.
Toastmasters International (Member of two clubs - Sunday Brunch Masters and Toastmaster for Professionals)
• Hosted multiple club meetings and recognized as best toastmasters, best topic masters many times in these club meetings.
• Initiated practice of logging evaluator’s observations in meeting, setting agenda accordingly for next one on both individual and group level and gauging improvements in next meeting, the practice that helped in better keeping track of progress.
• Mentored new members in enrolling pathways learning program and subsequently in drafting speeches.
Others
• Provided strategic assistance to my brother in running his edible oil trading business; helped him in reducing credit default risk through risk distribution and strategically developing credit history.

Post MBA Goals:
In long terms, Transition from core operations to strategic side of business. In short terms, join an organization for roles such as leadership development role/general management or operations consulting to get the holistic experience of the entire product cycle.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rajat
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Send PM
Any https://gmatclub.com/chat group link? Please share
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
ISB essay 2024 intake: How to write, Analysis, tips, and a winning framework

The Indian School of Business (ISB) is one of the premier business schools in India, attracting top talent from around the world. The ISB admission process is highly competitive, and essays play a crucial role in the evaluation of applicants. In this article, we will provide an in-depth analysis of the ISB essay questions for 2024 admissions, along with tips and strategies to help you craft a winning submission. With insights from ISB alumni and admissions experts, we will guide you through the essay-writing process and help you stand out from the crowd. Whether you are a reapplicant or just starting your ISB PGP journey, this article will provide valuable insights to help you successfully navigate the ISB application process and help craft an impeccable ISB essay..ISB essay 2024 intake

This post was first published on the Admit Expert Blog
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
ISB YLP 2023 – A Complete Guide on Young Leaders Programme

The ISB Young Leaders Program (YLP) is a prestigious programme for top students in their penultimate or final year of undergraduate or graduate school who want to work in business management. It is similar to the Harvard 2+2 program, in which you would have to gain 20 months of full-time work experience to join the PGP program. While it may seem complicated to understand, below we will help you dive deeper into the functioning of the course, its admission process, fee structure, etc. We will also take a look at the placements that the course offers and its 2023 class profile. The ISB YLP is a unique program designed to identify and nurture future leaders who have strong academic records and demonstrate leadership potential. It is a two-phase program that begins in the pre-final year of the undergraduate degree and culminates in admission to the prestigious one-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) at the ISB..ISB YLP 2023 – A Complete Guide on Young Leaders Programme

This post was first published on the Admit Expert Blog
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi raj94knp,

It's great to see you have a very varied work experience and you had started building the skills during college and school days. Your GMAT score, academic track-record and professional experience would not just help you make a successful transition to your MBA but will also aid you in the future, as you pursue your post-MBA career plan.

For your application strategy, it would be ideal if you could emphasize on both your leadership qualities and provide a comprehensive understanding on your work-experience and the industry. You should not just focus on the quantity but also the quality of your experience and how you used it to make a difference in the domains where you have been a part of.

Good luck!
Team ISBMantra
https://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com

raj94knp wrote:
Hello guys and mentors,

I took the GMAT few days ago and seeking evaluation of my profile for ISB. I am providing here some of the key details about my profile

Acads:

Graduation: B.Tech In Chemical Engineering, from a reputed state engineering college in Kanpur(U.P.) 76.54%, Year: 2016
• Secured 3 offers after graduation (Among 3 out of 65 in the batch who were able to do so
• Co-founded, with my batch mate, a coaching institute to teach engineering subjects to students from different engineering institutes in my city; At one time we were teaching more than 50 students from 4 different institutes.
• Led the final year group project and secured 92% marks for my group by collaborating and appropriately delegating tasks

• Recognized by Dept of Education, Gov of UP, India for Excellent academic performance in 12th across all public schools.

Work Ex:

• Saved approximately USD 500K (through efficiency improvement in APC, a process control matrix, performance from 74 % to 97 %) by redefining KPIs for APC matrix, in collaboration with APC vendor and process monitoring department.
• Avoided potential loss of USD 700-900K (in form of equipment damage, maintenance and lost production hours) by mentoring the team of twenty eight, through mock drills, in dealing with high stress emergency situations such as power or utility failure.
• Brought annual saving of USD 80K by conceptualizing the modification scheme concerning oil loss conservation.
• Co-led the timely completion of commissioning activities of LPG treatment unit, a USD 1 million project, by consistently meeting deadlines for individual milestones within the project, which would save USD 500K worth chemicals.
• Developed standardized format for log-books by reassessing monitoring scope and by clearly defining monitoring objectives, resulting in reduced breakdown frequency of equipment – the format that is recommended as template for other units

• Conceptualized and implemented an energy conservation scheme that enabled the extraction of energy from a hot stream to its full potential, reducing fresh oil consumption in the unit (Saving US$ 700K annually).
• Planned and facilitated periodic maintenance of more than 100 static and dynamic equipment, bringing down breakdown frequency of equipment by more than 60%.
• Drafted and Co-led the implementation of lean concepts such as 5s and TPM in my unit, eliminating waste and redundancy in overall process of supply chain.
• Even with limited resources during COVID-19, managed to ensure uninterrupted supply chain by sharing and delegating additional responsibilities among peers and supporting staff.
• Led the team of 32 members of supporting staff and ensured collaboration among the cross functional team of 15 members, achieving the highest on-stream days (370 days against usual 300 days) in past one decade with capacity utilization rate of nearly 100%.

Ex Curricular:
E-Vidyaloka (An NGO dedicated to improve quality of education across rural India through digital means)
• Helping kids of class 6th- 8th in improving their basics of mathematics in fun and interactive way and recording their progress through class assignments and verbal tests that has shown visible improvement in their understanding.
• Volunteering for Transliteration and Translation of study material from regional languages to English to provide volunteer teachers from all walks of life access of resources that can be incorporated in their respective sessions.
Toastmasters International (Member of two clubs - Sunday Brunch Masters and Toastmaster for Professionals)
• Hosted multiple club meetings and recognized as best toastmasters, best topic masters many times in these club meetings.
• Initiated practice of logging evaluator’s observations in meeting, setting agenda accordingly for next one on both individual and group level and gauging improvements in next meeting, the practice that helped in better keeping track of progress.
• Mentored new members in enrolling pathways learning program and subsequently in drafting speeches.
Others
• Provided strategic assistance to my brother in running his edible oil trading business; helped him in reducing credit default risk through risk distribution and strategically developing credit history.

Post MBA Goals:
In long terms, Transition from core operations to strategic side of business. In short terms, join an organization for roles such as leadership development role/general management or operations consulting to get the holistic experience of the entire product cycle.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rajat
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2023 Intake) Class of 2024 [#permalink]
raj94knp wrote:
Hello guys and mentors,

Acads:

Work Ex:

Ex Curricular:
Others

Post MBA Goals:

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rajat

Hi raj94knp hope this finds you well

Your profile is decent, and I must commend you on your solid quant score. However, I would like to provide you with a few points of advice that could further enhance your application.

1. Demonstrate Growth Progression: 7 years is a long time to be with one company. You must showcase your incremental growth and development during this time. As you may be aware, PSU applicants often face challenges in presenting themselves as go-getters due to the limited opportunities for promotion and workplace stagnation. You should take up this challenge to rise above generally accepted norms and craft your story in a way that leaves a lasting impact on the admissions committee. Highlight instances where you've taken initiative, pursued additional responsibilities, or showcased leadership qualities that go beyond the norm.

2. Move Beyond Technical Details: One common pitfall I've observed among PSU applicants, particularly those from the O&G sector, is getting lost in the technical aspects of their projects.

Taking a bullet from your profile as an example: "Conceptualized and implemented an energy conservation scheme that enabled the extraction of energy from a hot stream to its full potential, reducing fresh oil consumption in the unit (Saving US$ 700K annually)."

While the cost-saving aspect is impressive, you must delve deeper and convey the broader significance of your work in an MBA application context. Share the challenges you faced while designing and conceptualizing the technical process. Explain the impact of reducing "fresh oil consumption", not only in terms of numbers but also in terms of sustainability, environmental impact, or operational efficiency. Infuse purpose into your resume bullets and narratives, intertwining them with your passion and higher objective that drives your actions towards your future long term/short term goals.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to connect for further advice.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello raj94knp

Your profile seems to check all the boxes that ISB will evaluate you on.
1. Academic Potential is good with decent past scores and GMAT.
2. Work experience is impressive in terms of the brand on the CV, the career progression and achievements listed (in fact, if you have put in this quality of work here, it shows great potential for story telling in the actual essays).
3. Diversity is good considering the public sector experience and the extracurricular activities. The trick will be selecting the right activities to talk about in the essays based on recency (school university activities may not add much weight unless the achievements here are stellar), seriousness (the impact and accomplishments in these activities) and relevance (how can you use these activities to prove that you will be a worthy addition to the batch and add value to the experience of your batch mates inside and outside the classroom).
4. Career goals seem organic and realistic. Just focus on bringing out the personal motivation behind these long term goals and how ISB is the best way to help you achieve these (be specific about the companies and roles you wish to target post MBA).
Only job left for you from here is to weave together a strong narrative and you have a decent shot at getting an interview invite.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com
+91-8452954888

raj94knp wrote:
Hello guys and mentors,

Acads:

Work Ex:

Ex Curricular:
Others

Post MBA Goals:

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rajat
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2023 Intake) Class of 2024 [#permalink]
raj94knp wrote:

Your profile shows a verified GMAT score of 730 raj94knp.

So, why are you thinking of applying with 720 :?
--
Ashish.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
ISBeacon wrote:
raj94knp wrote:

Your profile shows a verified GMAT score of 730 raj94knp.

So, why are you thinking of applying with 720 :?
--
Ashish.

Hello Ashish,

I will apply with 730. This score I got in a reattempt after posting this evaluation request.

Regards
Rajat
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ISBmantra wrote:
Hi raj94knp,

It's great to see you have a very varied work experience and you had started building the skills during college and school days. Your GMAT score, academic track-record and professional experience would not just help you make a successful transition to your MBA but will also aid you in the future, as you pursue your post-MBA career plan.

For your application strategy, it would be ideal if you could emphasize on both your leadership qualities and provide a comprehensive understanding on your work-experience and the industry. You should not just focus on the quantity but also the quality of your experience and how you used it to make a difference in the domains where you have been a part of.

Good luck!
Team ISBMantra
https://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com

Thanks you ISBMantra for the evaluation and valuable feedback. Going forward, I will keep your suggestions under consideration while preparing my application.

Regards
Rajat
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAGuide wrote:

Hi raj94knp hope this finds you well

Your profile is decent, and I must commend you on your solid quant score. However, I would like to provide you with a few points of advice that could further enhance your application.

1. Demonstrate Growth Progression: 7 years is a long time to be with one company. You must showcase your incremental growth and development during this time. As you may be aware, PSU applicants often face challenges in presenting themselves as go-getters due to the limited opportunities for promotion and workplace stagnation. You should take up this challenge to rise above generally accepted norms and craft your story in a way that leaves a lasting impact on the admissions committee. Highlight instances where you've taken initiative, pursued additional responsibilities, or showcased leadership qualities that go beyond the norm.

2. Move Beyond Technical Details: One common pitfall I've observed among PSU applicants, particularly those from the O&G sector, is getting lost in the technical aspects of their projects.

Taking a bullet from your profile as an example: "Conceptualized and implemented an energy conservation scheme that enabled the extraction of energy from a hot stream to its full potential, reducing fresh oil consumption in the unit (Saving US$ 700K annually)."

While the cost-saving aspect is impressive, you must delve deeper and convey the broader significance of your work in an MBA application context. Share the challenges you faced while designing and conceptualizing the technical process. Explain the impact of reducing "fresh oil consumption", not only in terms of numbers but also in terms of sustainability, environmental impact, or operational efficiency. Infuse purpose into your resume bullets and narratives, intertwining them with your passion and higher objective that drives your actions towards your future long term/short term goals.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to connect for further advice.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com

Thanks you MBAguide for the evaluation and such a deep insights. Going forward, I will keep your suggestions under consideration while preparing my application.

Regards
Rajat
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAkarma wrote:
Hello raj94knp

Your profile seems to check all the boxes that ISB will evaluate you on.
1. Academic Potential is good with decent past scores and GMAT.
2. Work experience is impressive in terms of the brand on the CV, the career progression and achievements listed (in fact, if you have put in this quality of work here, it shows great potential for story telling in the actual essays).
3. Diversity is good considering the public sector experience and the extracurricular activities. The trick will be selecting the right activities to talk about in the essays based on recency (school university activities may not add much weight unless the achievements here are stellar), seriousness (the impact and accomplishments in these activities) and relevance (how can you use these activities to prove that you will be a worthy addition to the batch and add value to the experience of your batch mates inside and outside the classroom).
4. Career goals seem organic and realistic. Just focus on bringing out the personal motivation behind these long term goals and how ISB is the best way to help you achieve these (be specific about the companies and roles you wish to target post MBA).
Only job left for you from here is to weave together a strong narrative and you have a decent shot at getting an interview invite.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com
+91-8452954888

Thanks you Varun for the evaluation and valuable feedback. Going forward, I will keep your suggestions under consideration while preparing my application.

Regards
Rajat
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
How is Jambooree for ISB YLP counseling for stage 2 and interview preparation?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  384   385   386   387   388   389   390