It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 18:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Johnson (Cornell) 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Top Contributor
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 929 [0], given: 321

GPA: 3.4
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2016, 21:49
Top Contributor
dentobizz wrote:
Thank you guys for sharing your interview experience. All the best. We have a chat scheduled with Johnson ad com members on Nov 1. Do join us in the chat room. I'll post the link here later today.

Cornell Adcom Chat Schedule

November 1, 2016 | Tuesday | 8:30 AM Pacific Time; 11:30 AM Eastern Time; 3:30 PM GMT | Place:New Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar

February 7, 2017 | Tuesday | 7:00 AM Pacific Time; 10:00 AM Eastern Time; 3:00 PM GMT | Place:New Chat Room

February 28, 2017 | Tuesday | 8:30 AM Pacific Time; 11:30 AM Eastern Time; 4:30 PM GMT | Place:New Chat Room

How to select your BSchool?
General Mistakes to Avoid on the GMAT
TOP 10 articles on Time Management on the GMAT
Thanks = Kudos. Kudos are appreciated

Rules for posting on the verbal forum

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
G
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3513 [0], given: 2392

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2016, 09:25
Tuesday, November 1: Live Chat with Cornell (Johnson) Admission Director

Dear Applicants, We will conduct a live chat with Eddie Asbie, Associate Director of Admissions & Financial Aid at Johnson, on Tuesday, Nov 1. We hope all of you will attend this chat. If anyone can't attend the session but has questions for Cornell adcom, you can PM your questions to me and I will try to get their answers from the adcom. Thank you! See y'all in the event.

November 1, 2016 | Tuesday | 8:30 AM Pacific Time; 11:30 AM Eastern Time; 3:30 PM GMT | Place:New Chat Room

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Top Contributor
BSchool Forum Moderator

WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 08:29
Top Contributor
Narenn wrote:
Tuesday, November 1: Live Chat with Cornell (Johnson) Admission Director

Dear Applicants, We will conduct a live chat with Eddie Asbie, Associate Director of Admissions & Financial Aid at Johnson, on Tuesday, Nov 1. We hope all of you will attend this chat. If anyone can't attend the session but has questions for Cornell adcom, you can PM your questions to me and I will try to get their answers from the adcom. Thank you! See y'all in the event.

Hi guys,

Chat begins in 5 mins see you in CHAT ROOM 1

How to select your BSchool?
General Mistakes to Avoid on the GMAT
TOP 10 articles on Time Management on the GMAT
Thanks = Kudos. Kudos are appreciated

Rules for posting on the verbal forum

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 09:10
Did anyone received response from Cornell?? The deposit date is coming too close and no response is making me nervous.

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 17:22
manky06 wrote:
Did anyone received response from Cornell?? The deposit date is coming too close and no response is making me nervous.

Hey. I got an admit via phone on Friday. Still waiting on the admission offer letter.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 19:09
charanus44 wrote:
manky06 wrote:

Hey. I got an admit via phone on Friday. Still waiting on the admission offer letter.

Heyyy. Congratulations . That's great news. I believe you too applied in the EA round? Any clue about the international applications? Getting very nervous now!! Hard to focus in office.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 09:40
manky06 wrote:
charanus44 wrote:
manky06 wrote:

Heyyy. Congratulations . That's great news. I believe you too applied in the EA round? Any clue about the international applications? Getting very nervous now!! Hard to focus in office.

Yes, I did apply in Round 1. I am an Indian applicant btw (living in the US). I got an e-mail this morning saying that the portal was updated. No info about scholarship. Good luck on you wait, hope it's positive!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 10:30
charanus44 wrote:
manky06 wrote:
charanus44 wrote:
[quote="manky06"]Did anyone received response from Cornell?? The deposit date is coming too close and no response is making me nervous.

Yes, I did apply in Round 1. I am an Indian applicant btw (living in the US). I got an e-mail this morning saying that the portal was updated. No info about scholarship. Good luck on you wait, hope it's positive![/quote]
That's great news!! Yeah keeping my fingers crossed. With the deadline approaching things look gloomy .I do not see many posts so very confused!!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2016, 12:48
OneYearMBA16 wrote:
charanus44 wrote:
OneYearMBA16 wrote:
I have done with my interview this week with an admission team member. It was very comfortable and straightforward: 1- tell me about your self? 2- Why MBA? why now? your immediate career goals and long term ones?
3- major challenges faced and what was your reaction? 4- Do you know Cornell one year MBA well? what immersion are you interested in? which club?
4- and if I have any questions?

I don't know, but my feeling is good. The school, people, and surroundings are just amazing. Students are helpful, down to earth, and welling to help and support even before the interview! The place is so warm and intimate. May be because it is not in winter, but the campus is breathtaking and extremely beautiful.

Hey OneYearMBA16, thanks so much for sharing your experience! I am so glad that you feel so positive about it, and it really keeps me in good mood. I am going to be there next Monday for my interview! And good luck. I am guessing since November 15th is the deadline for deposit, you should hear back fairly quickly.

Hi.. thank you.. the deadline for the deposit is on Dec 1st . they changed it. As per the website, the decisions will be released on rolling basis, so, it is expected anytime now.. Let us hope it will turn good. Although, I feel good about the interview, I am aware that it is very competitive and you can't predict the outcomes. Please do share you experience when done with interview.

Guys, I am bit confused where do you see that the deadline for deposit is on Dec 1st??

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2016, 13:04
petza8 wrote:

Guys, I am bit confused where do you see that the deadline for deposit is on Dec 1st??

http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Programs ... tant-Dates

Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2016, 13:36
charanus44 wrote:
petza8 wrote:

http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Programs ... tant-Dates

Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page.

For October round it mentions 1/10/2017 not Dec 1st

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
G
Affiliations: GMAT Club

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 01:26

Blast from the Past: Interview debriefs of previous Cornell applicants

akabaka9999 wrote:
My interview for the one year program (applied in R1) was a couple of nights back (via Skype). The representative from the AdCom was very friendly and she ensured that the interview was spread like an everyday conversation. I have detailed below a list of questions that I was asked (and that I remember being asked); if there are other entrepreneurs who have received interview calls then the following may help -

1. Run me through your academic and professional background
2. Questions on my start-up (this accounted for 12 to 14 minutes) how many employees, funding, global presence, why the brand name changed (I originally launched my venture under a different name), questions on who acquired my venture and how I went about the transition
3. Why MBA at this stage, Why Johnson, Short Term Goals and Backup Plans
4. Challenging situations faced as an entrepreneur and how I dealt with conflicts at the workplace
5. Which clubs (and how specifically will I contribute to EVCC Club)
6. What do I do in my free time
7. Any questions I had for the AdCom

Overall, I believe the interview went well. It lasted for about 35 to 40 minutes. I have been advised that I would receive a notification (hopefully a stress relieving one :p) in 3 to 4 weeks. Hope this helps and all the best to everyone.

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2016, 03:44
Guys did anyone else here back from the school. This waiting game is an absolute killer

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Concentration: Technology, Sustainability

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2016, 12:57
This post received
KUDOS
Sayan321 wrote:
Guys did anyone else here back from the school. This waiting game is an absolute killer

Hello... I have contacted the admission yesterday. They told me they are still sending decisions and can't predict my decision time! Quite frankly, it is strange giving that I am an Early Action applicant. I thought applying in the EA round would get me the results fast. I believe that Thursday and Friday is the thanksgiving vacation, and therefore results will be on Mon 28th! as per the website, the deadline for the deposit and transcript for the EA round is on Dec 1st, that leaves ONLY two days from next monday! It is likely that they group all the rejects and send them one email, otherwise, this is really messy process and disappointing. If we couldn't make it, why they keep decisions to this long?! what is the point of Early action then?! Other schools that I applied to are all efficient and punctual on time.

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2016, 08:52
OneYearMBA16 wrote:
Sayan321 wrote:

Hello... I have contacted the admission yesterday. They told me they are still sending decisions and can't predict my decision time! Quite frankly, it is strange giving that I am an Early Action applicant. I thought applying in the EA round would get me the results fast. I believe that Thursday and Friday is the thanksgiving vacation, and therefore results will be on Mon 28th! as per the website, the deadline for the deposit and transcript for the EA round is on Dec 1st, that leaves ONLY two days from next monday! It is likely that they group all the rejects and send them one email, otherwise, this is really messy process and disappointing. If we couldn't make it, why they keep decisions to this long?! what is the point of Early action then?! Other schools that I applied to are all efficient and punctual on time.

Hey!! I talked to the adcom team. Last week everyone was on leave due to Thanksgiving and things have been a bit busy there. There are still decisions to be rolled out next week. Even I have been waiting for over a month now. All we can do is be optimistic!! . Best of luck.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 56

Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.8
Calling all Johnson (Cornell) 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 02:38
Couldn't agree more. This waiting game is absolutely frustrating especially for EA applicants like myself. If we somehow do manage to get selected, it is going to be pretty tricky to send the deposit and official transcripts in only a couple of days...

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 04:20
ligeraks wrote:
Couldn't agree more. This waiting game is absolutely frustrating especially for EA applicants like myself. If we somehow do manage to get selected, it is going to be pretty tricky to send the deposit and official transcripts in only a couple of days...

I asked the same question to the adcom members and they assured if we receive a response very late the deadline for submission will be extended.

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 04:23
Thanks manky06. Quantum of solace....:-)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 07:39
Haha. But I agree the wait has been tough!! Did you have your interview through skype or you went to Ithaca??

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 07:50
Thanks. Guys also is it true that all candidates who have applied in the Early Action round were called for an interview?

Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2017 Intake!!   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2016, 07:50

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 91 posts ]