GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Nov 2018, 10:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar
  • 4 Steps to a 5 Star Recommendation

     November 14, 2018

     November 14, 2018

     09:00 AM PST

     10:00 AM PST

    Nov. 14, 9 AM PST. Donna Bauman, Senior MBA Admissions Counselor and Lisa Cummings, MBA Admissions Counselor at Stratus have read tens of THOUSANDS of MBA recommendations during their time on top MBA admissions committees.
  • MBA Interview Prep: How to Ace Your Interviews

     November 15, 2018

     November 15, 2018

     10:00 PM MST

     11:00 PM MST

    Learn the steps you need to take to ace your interviews and get accepted!

Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 69
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 08:54
Hi mravilla,

All the best for today's interview. :thumbup: :gl Do share your experience with us.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Apr 2015
Posts: 126
Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 15 Feb 2016, 22:13
....

Originally posted by SonofAnarchy on 15 Jan 2016, 10:12.
Last edited by SonofAnarchy on 15 Feb 2016, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2015
Posts: 13
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.7
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 10:21
Hey .. Thanks .. My interview went on smooth and I felt it was positive all through .. Waiting for the final decision :roll:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Sep 2015
Posts: 5
Schools: Boston U '18 (S)
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 21:12
Does anyone know if they accept PTE for English Proficiency test.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2015
Posts: 28
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Computer Software)
Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 10:22
In with scholarship. 8-) :P :-D
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 69
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 10:25
priyankkhanna wrote:
In with scholarship. 8-) :P :-D


Congrazz Buddy!!! :-D
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2015
Posts: 56
Location: Puerto Rico
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 12:47
Just submitted my application for Round 3. Hope to join the admitted ranks soon! Best of luck for all those that are applying.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 169
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 19:04
priyankkhanna wrote:
In with scholarship. 8-) :P :-D


Congrats.
could you tell us how much scholarship did you earn? And your gmat score and industry background?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2015
Posts: 28
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 20:39
Aid 8.5k $ per semester.
GMAT: 620
Experience: 38 months in PLM consulting.

Please focus on your interview. Prepare as much as you can about the college. Passion and diligence is an indication of knowledge.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jan 2016
Posts: 15
Schools: Simon '18 (S)
Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 20 Jan 2016, 09:48
Hey guys...I got a query. If admitted by both Weatherhead and Katz with similar scholarship, which one do you think is a better choice. The deposit deadline is approaching. Thanks!

I asked this question on behalf of my friend. He is unable to logon. So I have no idea about the exact dates of submission, invite etc....sorry for that :oops: ...just want to help him to get an evaluation on these 2 schools. Comments welcome! :-D

BTW, his GMAT is 680...FYI

Originally posted by whoami0711 on 20 Jan 2016, 08:44.
Last edited by whoami0711 on 20 Jan 2016, 09:48, edited 2 times in total.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 169
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 09:01
priyankkhanna wrote:
Aid 8.5k $ per semester.
GMAT: 620
Experience: 38 months in PLM consulting.

Please focus on your interview. Prepare as much as you can about the college. Passion and diligence is an indication of knowledge.


How many days after the interview process is the decision announced? And by when is the deposit due normally?
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 169
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 09:32
priyankkhanna wrote:
Aid 8.5k $ per semester.
GMAT: 620
Experience: 38 months in PLM consulting.

Please focus on your interview. Prepare as much as you can about the college. Passion and diligence is an indication of knowledge.


For what post MBA job position panel did you interview for? What sort of questions were asked?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2015
Posts: 28
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 12:42
sunrise20 wrote:
priyankkhanna wrote:
Aid 8.5k $ per semester.
GMAT: 620
Experience: 38 months in PLM consulting.

Please focus on your interview. Prepare as much as you can about the college. Passion and diligence is an indication of knowledge.


How many days after the interview process is the decision announced? And by when is the deposit due normally?


I got an invite in Dec. and had scheduled it for 13th Jan. Got an invite in 6 days.

Deposit for me is due by 19th Feb. It might change for you.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 169
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 20:34
priyankkhanna wrote:
sunrise20 wrote:
priyankkhanna wrote:
Aid 8.5k $ per semester.
GMAT: 620
Experience: 38 months in PLM consulting.

Please focus on your interview. Prepare as much as you can about the college. Passion and diligence is an indication of knowledge.


How many days after the interview process is the decision announced? And by when is the deposit due normally?


I got an invite in Dec. and had scheduled it for 13th Jan. Got an invite in 6 days.

Deposit for me is due by 19th Feb. It might change for you.


Just to clarify, you got admissions decision 6 days after your interview??
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 169
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2016, 10:24
For what post MBA job position panel did you interview for? What sort of questions were asked?


priyankkhanna wrote:
Aid 8.5k $ per semester.
GMAT: 620
Experience: 38 months in PLM consulting.

Please focus on your interview. Prepare as much as you can about the college. Passion and diligence is an indication of knowledge.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2015
Posts: 28
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2016, 12:54
sunrise20 wrote:
For what post MBA job position panel did you interview for? What sort of questions were asked?


priyankkhanna wrote:
Aid 8.5k $ per semester.
GMAT: 620
Experience: 38 months in PLM consulting.

Please focus on your interview. Prepare as much as you can about the college. Passion and diligence is an indication of knowledge.


I applied for Operations and SCM. Refer here.
Attachments

MBA_InterviewQuestions.pdf [56.27 KiB]
Downloaded 86 times

To download please login or register as a user

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2015
Posts: 56
Location: Puerto Rico
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 16:07
Received interview invitation today. Scheduled it for February 25th (Finance).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 13:49
Hi All

I just had my interview. It went well and they made sure I was comfortable.

A few questions that I was asked

Walk me through your resume and talk about one accomplishment that you are proud of.
Strength and weakness
How do you handle people in a team
A global leader you aspire
why katz
short term goal
Any questions

My interview was just 14 mins. I am not sure if it is too short, but overall I feel I could answer all the questions well.

Let me know your thoughts.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2015
Posts: 28
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 13:58
prashantnitw2009 wrote:
Hi All

I just had my interview. It went well and they made sure I was comfortable.

A few questions that I was asked

Walk me through your resume and talk about one accomplishment that you are proud of.
Strength and weakness
How do you handle people in a team
A global leader you aspire
why katz
short term goal
Any questions

My interview was just 14 mins. I am not sure if it is too short, but overall I feel I could answer all the questions well.

Let me know your thoughts.


Hi Prashant,

It is better that I reply here on the forum for the betterment off all.

My interview lasted for approx 20-25 minutes. I felt that I was the driver of the cart. Was that the case with you too? If yes, then signs are good. The length of the interview is not the decisive factor for such examinations. The quality of ones answer is the right parameter to take into consideration. If you feel you have spoken whatever was there on your mind for these questions, then just keep your fingers crossed and be hopeful for that Ahaa!! moment.

Please connect if you wanna know more. Happy to help!!

Priyank Khanna.
+917846838050
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 14:06
Hi Priyank

I feel I did answer all their questions to the best I could. I did convey all the points that I wanted to. They had a fixed set of questions they wanted to ask and had another interview scheduled as soon as mine was done. So that might be a reason why I had a shorter interview, but not sure.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. :)

priyankkhanna wrote:
prashantnitw2009 wrote:
Hi All

I just had my interview. It went well and they made sure I was comfortable.

A few questions that I was asked

Walk me through your resume and talk about one accomplishment that you are proud of.
Strength and weakness
How do you handle people in a team
A global leader you aspire
why katz
short term goal
Any questions

My interview was just 14 mins. I am not sure if it is too short, but overall I feel I could answer all the questions well.

Let me know your thoughts.


Hi Prashant,

It is better that I reply here on the forum for the betterment off all.

My interview lasted for approx 20-25 minutes. I felt that I was the driver of the cart. Was that the case with you too? If yes, then signs are good. The length of the interview is not the decisive factor for such examinations. The quality of ones answer is the right parameter to take into consideration. If you feel you have spoken whatever was there on your mind for these questions, then just keep your fingers crossed and be hopeful for that Ahaa!! moment.

Please connect if you wanna know more. Happy to help!!

Priyank Khanna.
+917846838050
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018! &nbs [#permalink] 03 Feb 2016, 14:06

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 113 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.