Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 04:18 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 04:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kelley Indiana MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
It’s become evident to me through my application journey to eight prestigious business schools, including HEC, INSEAD, and LBS, that it’s not merely about one’s profile. Despite my GRE score of 330 (equivalent to GMAT 730), I faced rejection from HEC and INSEAD but was accepted at LBS. Interestingly, a colleague from the same company, with a similar profile and experience but a GMAT score of 690, secured spots at INSEAD and HEC. However, i got into ISB, where he was unsuccessful.

This experience taught me that what truly matters is how we present ourselves in our applications. It’s about crafting a narrative that convinces the admissions committees that we are individuals they can support and help grow. Through numerous interviews, I’ve realized that interviewers are seeking candidates whom they believe they can positively impact post-MBA. Therefore, it’s all about the story we articulate in our essays and applications. Just a thought I wanted to share.

Another aspect I’ve come to realize is the importance of thoroughly understanding the fees and potential scholarship opportunities before committing to a program. While in India, the prestige of institutions like IIT or NIT holds weight, in the UK market, it’s about the skills you bring to the table. An MBA from Oxford holds the same weight as one from any other third-tier college in the UK.

What truly matters is the value you can add. Therefore, it’s crucial to assess the financial implications of your education, especially considering the possibility of not securing immediate post-MBA employment, which is increasingly common even for graduates from esteemed institutions like Stanford or Kellogg.

In such cases, scholarships can significantly alleviate financial burdens and provide a safety net during potential periods of unemployment post-graduation. It’s essential to weigh these factors carefully to ensure sustainability beyond the MBA program.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 386
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GPA: 3.03
WE:Marketing (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kelley Indiana MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
It’s true that the job market in the USA is tough right now, but it’s not a dead end for international students. It’s not true that many international students at Kelley are jobless. Three to four of the class 2023 are currently applying, and hopefully, they will secure their desired roles soon. Even Stanford graduates are feeling the impact of economic uncertainties. Kelley has a strong presence in the consulting and marketing fields. The finance and operations sectors are already doing fine there. Try interacting with graduates from different schools, analyze your scholarship opportunities, and strive to keep your expenditures low. Stay positive and have a robust backup plan in case things don’t unfold as expected.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Real Estate, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q41 V40
WE:Real Estate (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Yimika93 wrote:
ctorres4358 wrote:
The scholarship email is separate. I received a scholarship email a few hours after my acceptance email. They said all of the info will be in UPS packet.

Awesome. How much scholarship for the 2years? Congratulations!!

­Thanks! I got a total of 70k - 35k per year. Honestly, this was quite unexpected.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Schools: Goizueta '26
GPA: 7.6
Send PM
is it okay to take take a sip of water without permission during interview, my mouth went dry and so I couldn’t take permission. After drinking from my cup I continued the answer, without saying excuse me or anything
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
gulluhullu wrote:
is it okay to take take a sip of water without permission during interview, my mouth went dry and so I couldn’t take permission. After drinking from my cup I continued the answer, without saying excuse me or anything

Totally fine
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q41 V40
WE:Real Estate (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
gulluhullu wrote:

­No issue whatsoever
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Schools: Goizueta '26
GPA: 7.6
Send PM
thanks guys
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Is there a WA group for admits? Please dm
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Has anyone who has applied in R3 recieved any invites ?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I’m from INDIA with a GMAT score of 740 and workex of 4.5 yrs(2.5 yrs of entrepreneurship and 2 yrs of edtech)

Would it be good to apply in round 4?

Please give your opinion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Other, Technology
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Yes you should absolutely try for it. With your Gmat, why not?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Shady222 wrote:
Has anyone who has applied in R3 recieved any invites ? Posted from my mobile device

Yes!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
T3nn!sK!ng wrote:
Yes!

When did you recieve your invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Shady222 wrote:
T3nn!sK!ng wrote:
Yes!

When did you recieve your invite?

Mid last week! Stay positive, it’s still very early in the R3 window considering R2’s decision deadline was 3/15.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Did anybody R3 applicant receive to invitation to interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
No reverts so far for me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
MBAXR01 wrote:
Did anybody R3 applicant receive to invitation to interview?

­I am still waiting

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17