GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 23:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Typical Day of a UCLA MBA Student - Recording of Webinar with UCLA Adcom and Student

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Carolyn and Brett - nicely explained what is the typical day of a UCLA student. I am posting below recording of the webinar for those who could't attend this session.
  • Why Do YOU Need an MBA?

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Download Why MBA and learn how to determine your MBA goals and weave them into a compelling essay!

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2014, 21:28
saraviamario wrote:
I was wondering if they call all the applicants on decision day, what happens if you are traveling abroad? Should I activate roaming? jejeje

I got my acceptance call for Notre Dame when I was taking the GMAT (phone was turned off, locked inside the locker). They just left a message asking that I call them back. I assume most schools do the same thing if they called. For Northwestern Kellogg, I did NOT get a call. They emailed me, then mailed me an envelope.

Executive MBA Schools and Discussions:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/all-2015-executive-mba-discussions-in-one-place-187549.html?fl=menu

Want a 6.0 on the AWA?
http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html#p470475

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 07:12
shahibipul wrote:
What's happening with the Kellogg invite for those who received waivers? It is already quite late in the day. Safe to assume things - ding, that is?

I feel the same!! With just about 3 weeks left, our best bet can be a waitlist!! There clearly isn't enough time left for an interview!!
Manager
Manager
Schools: HEC Jan'16 (A)

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 07:48
sachdix wrote:
shahibipul wrote:
What's happening with the Kellogg invite for those who received waivers? It is already quite late in the day. Safe to assume things - ding, that is?

I feel the same!! With just about 3 weeks left, our best bet can be a waitlist!! There clearly isn't enough time left for an interview!!

+ this week=thanksgiving week in US. Effectively only 2 weeks!! Has anyone from India received any interview invite after waiver? I haven't noticed anyone on this forum. :?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q33 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 07:49
sachdix wrote:
shahibipul wrote:

According to last year's thread, Kellogg was still sending out Skype interview requests on Dec 6 (decision day was Dec 18). So don't give up hope just yet!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 07:55
downeaster wrote:
sachdix wrote:
shahibipul wrote:

According to last year's thread, Kellogg was still sending out Skype interview requests on Dec 6 (decision day was Dec 18). So don't give up hope just yet!

Do you know when did they start sending out invites last year? Unless there are lurkers, there's no one who has received an invite after a waiver on this thread so far.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 08:22
For those waiting on waiver decisions, note that the app submission deadline this year was 3 week earlier than it was last year (but the decision date remained the same). I would think you guys would have known by now. But who know how this process works.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 08:28
gamesfreak wrote:
jxio wrote:
I'm freaked out more by mine not having changed since 10/30... :|

Mine was the same till earlier today. It has now changed to 11/24. Had my interview about 10 days back.
Might be a technical glitch, but certainly seem to think there is some link to it actually being viewed by adcom.

My fate may have already been sealed! Fingers crossed.

I interviewed on 11/15(10 days back ) and my video essay date now shows 11/24 too. So there definitely a pattern :? :? . #IamSoFrigginBored :lol: :lol:
Manager
Manager
Schools: HEC Jan'16 (A)

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 08:42
sachdix wrote:
shahibipul wrote:

I don't think there would even be a waitlist without an interview. Seeing that nothing much is happening it's either a ding for most of us..or who knows...a wave of interview invites in the coming days...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q33 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 10:38
ankurtulsian wrote:
downeaster wrote:
shahibipul wrote:

Do you know when did they start sending out invites last year? Unless there are lurkers, there's no one who has received an invite after a waiver on this thread so far.

I think we should be encouraged by this. Considering we haven't heard from anyone receiving an invite yet makes it seem like they haven't sent any out, and that there is likely to be a wave of them in the coming days (I would guess next week, after the US Thanksgiving holiday).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 12:05
downeaster wrote:
sachdix wrote:
shahibipul wrote:

Thanks for giving us HOPE!! :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Investment Banking (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 13:39
EndGame wrote:
gamesfreak wrote:
jxio wrote:
I'm freaked out more by mine not having changed since 10/30... :|

Mine was the same till earlier today. It has now changed to 11/24. Had my interview about 10 days back.
Might be a technical glitch, but certainly seem to think there is some link to it actually being viewed by adcom.

My fate may have already been sealed! Fingers crossed.

I interviewed on 11/15(10 days back ) and my video essay date now shows 11/24 too. So there definitely a pattern :? :? . #IamSoFrigginBored :lol: :lol:

Regarding the pattern - I got an interview invite on 22nd October and interviewed on 31st October but still my video essay date shows 15th October so unless they already decided on my candidacy and just wanted to waste alumnis time in India where they have less resources just to keep me guessing, I guess it's all just a glitch...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.43
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 21:40
monkeymadness wrote:
For those waiting on waiver decisions, note that the app submission deadline this year was 3 week earlier than it was last year (but the decision date remained the same). I would think you guys would have known by now. But who know how this process works.

You are right. To add some observations from last year's posts: the waivers were sent between Nov 11 and Nov 15. Some of the waived candidates received an interview invite within a week (5 days or so) while for the rest it took longer. Last interview invite reported was on Dec 10.

Doesn't look very positive, but not even a single invite (to those waived) so far on this forum? Only that gives me hope! Lurkers, please report if you are the chosen ones :D

P.S.: Sorry mates for all the needless speculation but can't help the jitters. Think, it might be a good idea to write to the AdComm.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2014, 06:56
shahibipul wrote:
monkeymadness wrote:

You are right. To add some observations from last year's posts: the waivers were sent between Nov 11 and Nov 15. Some of the waived candidates received an interview invite within a week (5 days or so) while for the rest it took longer. Last interview invite reported was on Dec 10.

Doesn't look very positive, but not even a single invite (to those waived) so far on this forum? Only that gives me hope! Lurkers, please report if you are the chosen ones :D

P.S.: Sorry mates for all the needless speculation but can't help the jitters. Think, it might be a good idea to write to the AdComm.

I'm not in your position, but with Thanksgiving in the US this weekend, I'd say there is a good chance you may see movement next week.
Manager
Manager
5 things we learned after winning the Adobe Digital Analytics Competit  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2014, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: 5 things we learned after winning the Adobe Digital Analytics Competition

Snow-topped mountains made a picturesque backdrop in the celebratory photos we took from Adobe’s office in Lehi, Utah last weekend after our team of One-Year MBA students won first place in the annual Adobe Digital Analytics Competition. This was the second year in a row that a Kellogg came out on top.

For the past 13 years, Adobe has given graduate and MBA students from around the country the opportunity to learn Adobe’s digital analytics products, showcase their understanding of analytics and presentation skills, and apply their business knowledge to tackle real-world challenges. This year John Elder ’15, Yajur Kapoor ’15 and I helped identify ways to improve the customer experience on the Lenovo Mexico website using analytics to drive the recommendations.

After placing first, our team was awarded a prize of $15,000. But a big check wasn’t the only takeaway. Below I’ve summed up five things our team learned from the experience.

HOW TO USE ADOBE DIGITAL ANALYTICS TOOLS:

While many people may associate Adobe to just Acrobat or Photoshop, Adobe actually has a wide variety of software in areas they call Creative Cloud and Marketing Cloud. Within the Marketing Cloud sits the Adobe analytics software. The competition gave us the opportunity to use the analytics software to analyze real, live data for Lenovo. After attending a training session hosted by Adobe experts at the onset of the competition, we explored the software and begin to build upon our knowledge with on-the-job learning.

CHALLENGES THAT COMPANIES FACE ONLINE:

The experience using the analytics software exposed our team to the challenges companies face online in regards to the customer experience: attracting new customers, keeping them engaged and helping them through the purchase process. By tracking web metrics like bounce rate, page views, user paths, click-through rates and many others, we could identify areas of the website that could be improved to make the customer experience more positive and engaging.

CREATIVITY DRIVES VALUE IN BIG DATA:

More and more data is becoming available for companies to analyze their business, but driving insights from the data requires creativity. We learned the real value in big data is driven by creative insights and knowing where to look more so than the quantity of analysis or scope of number crunching.

IMPORTANCE OF TEAMWORK IN CASE COMPETITIONS:

Our team was one of many teams with interesting ideas and recommendations, but I believe what separated our team from the competition was the combination of our team members’ individual strengths. Bringing together three consultants with various backgrounds, strong work ethic and a desire to win made for a powerful recipe. Having the right people on the team aligned toward a common goal – to win first place – made all the difference.

ANALYTICS ALLOWS YOU TO LEAD WITH CONFIDENCE:

Kellogg analytics professor Florian Zettelmeyer preaches that executives need a working knowledge of data science to lead with confidence. Our team experienced this first hand. Having the right data to support our recommendations gave us tremendous confidence in delivering the message to the client.

Our team thanks Adobe and Lenovo for the opportunity to participate in this competition, and we look forward to seeing more Kellogg teams maintain the reputation of strong analytics in competitions like this in years to come.

Learn more about Kellogg’s unique approach to data analytics.

Alex Bourdeau ’15 is a student in Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program and President of the One-Year Students Association. After completing his undergraduate business degree at University of Texas at Austin in 2009, Alex has spent the last five years at Accenture helping companies in various industries across a wide range of technology and management consulting engagements.

Filed under: Academics, Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: 1Y, Adobe, Adobe Analytics, analytics software, award, award-winners, customer experience, digital analytics, One-year, One-Year MBA Program, student competition, student competitions, student contests Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2014, 10:35
Has anyone been asked to submit any additional materials or upload them online?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2014, 11:45
monkeymadness wrote:
Has anyone been asked to submit any additional materials or upload them online?

Don't think so. A field for additional materials came up about a month ago, but it was for the EMBA Sponsorship letters.
Manager
Manager
Kellogg gives back to the community  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2014, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg gives back to the community

This year I had the great opportunity to organize Kellogg Cares Day, a one-day community service event for Kellogg students, faculty and staff. This was the 10th year the Kellogg community came together to help out the surrounding Evanston and Chicago area, and it proved to be a truly valuable experience.

The planning started this summer and we were able to line up 19 great local organizations to participate in the event. Kellogg volunteers were placed in groups of 10-15 people and then sent to the organizations to do community service work for the day.

Though it was a bit chilly and rainy in the morning, we were so pleased to see more than 300 volunteers come out for the event! We were also excited to have Dean Ziegler kick off the event. In an effort to have impact, it’s often easy to overlook the community you live in, and Dean Ziegler reminded us that local impact is lasting.

One of the goals for this year’s Kellogg Cares Day was to have more diverse representation of volunteers, which was definitely a success. We had all types of students, from 2Ys, 1Ys, MMMs, JDMBAs and PhDs. We even had professors and Kellogg alumni volunteer with their kids!

The different community service activities included working at a local organic farm, removing bush at a forest preserve, fall cleaning at a housing provider for the mentally disabled, a consulting project with Big Brothers Big Sisters, and much more.

This event really brought Kellogg to the front lines in the community. Not only did we demonstrate Kellogg’s dedication to social impact, but also it allowed us to make the local community aware of our commitment.

Willingly volunteering at 8 a.m. is not necessarily everyone’s first choice of activity on a Saturday morning, so seeing so many of my classmates and peers motivated to help out really helped me appreciate them even more.

We’re hoping to keep this momentum and are excited to see Kellogg Cares Day grow in the years to come!

Navi is currently a student in Kellogg’s Full-Time One-Year MBA Program, where she is focusing on finance, real estate and social impact. She is an accomplished Indian folk dancer and recently taught and performed her first routine at Kellogg! Prior to Kellogg, she spent five years in JPMorgan Chase and gained experience in capital markets, credit risk and operations. She earned her B.SC in Economics from Fordham University in New York City, where she grew up.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: 1Y, 2Y, Chicago, community, community service, evanston, JDMBA, JDMBA Program, Kellogg Cares Day, MMM, MMM program, One-Year MBA Program, Two-Year MBA Program, volunteer, volunteer opportunities, volunteering Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2014, 12:32
Hi

I had submitted my application and video essays by 24th September, but still have not got any replies from Kellogg, either rejection or interview waiver or interview request. Can somebody help me understand what this means ?
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2014, 19:12
sachin0804 wrote:
Hi

I had submitted my application and video essays by 24th September, but still have not got any replies from Kellogg, either rejection or interview waiver or interview request. Can somebody help me understand what this means ?

Where do you live?

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Ellie R.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2014, 19:45
Hi

I live in India.

bml1105 wrote:
sachin0804 wrote:
Hi

Where do you live?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 27 Nov 2014, 19:45

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  28   29   30   31   32  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap