GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 19:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 10:18
bml1105 wrote:
CentralBanker wrote:

WELL! It changed yet again! from 11/4 to 11/19 today.. :o
Any more theories? :roll:

A way for the Kellogg adcoms to laugh at our paranoia when reading the forums?

Mine changed to 11/18.

You guys are freaking me out.

Personal Blog: I will answer every single question on my blog.
http://johnthundermba.wordpress.com

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 10:31
bml1105 wrote:
CentralBanker wrote:

WELL! It changed yet again! from 11/4 to 11/19 today.. :o
Any more theories? :roll:

A way for the Kellogg adcoms to laugh at our paranoia when reading the forums?

LoL.. :lol: I would consider that as PASSION and not Paranoia :wink: may be paranoia too!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.54
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 10:46
I'm freaked out more by mine not having changed since 10/30... :|
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 11:40
Does anyone know when the R1 deposit deadline was for last year?

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Ellie R.

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 12:47
jxio wrote:

Same here :?
Retired Moderator
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 12:51
EndGame wrote:
jxio wrote:

What all the adcomms in Evanston are doing right now

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 13:37
Is anyone familiar with Kellogg's method of distributing yea or nay notifications on Dec 17? For example, I see Booth has stated that at 9am status updates will go out (on the 18th), but I have not heard specifics from Kellogg.

From speaking with some Kellogg grads in the office, they received a call with the offer throughout the day, but that was ~3-5 years ago; not sure if the same practice is in place. Curious if anyone has any insight here.
Retired Moderator
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 13:44
GregMatte wrote:
Is anyone familiar with Kellogg's method of distributing yea or nay notifications on Dec 17? For example, I see Booth has stated that at 9am status updates will go out (on the 18th), but I have not heard specifics from Kellogg.

From speaking with some Kellogg grads in the office, they received a call with the offer throughout the day, but that was ~3-5 years ago; not sure if the same practice is in place. Curious if anyone has any insight here.

They also did acceptance calls throughout the day last year for R1, so I'm guessing the same will be true this year. As for dings, I think you get an email or they update your online status. They certainly aren't calling the rejected too lol

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 14:00
bml1105 wrote:
GregMatte wrote:

They also did acceptance calls throughout the day last year for R1, so I'm guessing the same will be true this year. As for dings, I think you get an email or they update your online status. They certainly aren't calling the rejected too lol

Thank you! Not sure if you guys have office peers also applying to Kellogg, but I can imagine a bit of anxiety as calls go out "at random" and some receive calls prior to others. Hopefully I'll be at the client site!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 20 Nov 2014, 19:13
EndGame wrote:
jxio wrote:

When I sent a reminder to one of my recommenders through Kellogg's system, the "date requested" portion actually changed to the date I sent the reminder from the date I sent the initial request. Take that for what you will.

Originally posted by forevertfc on 20 Nov 2014, 14:03.
Last edited by forevertfc on 20 Nov 2014, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 18:36
chonenome wrote:
sachdix wrote:
That means you are the Chosen One.. May the force be with you!!

I hope so! I was just curious as to whether they were genuinely interested in me or hardly anyone is applying from where I am at (Seoul, Korea).

I'm also in Seoul, and also received an interview invite a week after I submitted and Interviewed the next week (early October). Sorry, to burst your bubble, but I don't think it has to do with interest; Most likely just the ease in which they can schedule the interviews due to alumni availability / demand in the area.

And, this wait from early October, when I interviewed, to December is rough.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Learn more about Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2014, 12:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Learn more about Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program

Missed the online chat about our One-Year (1Y) MBA Program with the Kellogg Admissions Team and students? We’ve captured the event for you:

One-Year MBA Program Online Chat – Nov. 12, 2014

Among the highlights:

• Why 1Y: Learn why these five students chose Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program to meet their personal and professional goals.
  • Experiential learning: Hear about the opportunities the students chose, ranging from the Asset Management Practicum – where students are able to manage a portfolio, including the school’s endowment – to NUvention – where students explore entrepreneurial business concepts with students from across Northwestern University.
  • Career services: Students spoke about how the CMC coaches work with One-Year MBA students.
  • Full-Time experience:  Discover what life is like as a Full-Time MBA in Evanston.
  • Myths debunked: The students also spent a few minutes setting the record straight about what the Kellogg One-Year MBA Program is … and isn’t.
About the One-Year Program

Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program is designed to build upon your business fundamentals and get you back in the workforce with new skills and knowledge that will propel your career forward. From June to June, you’ll immerse yourself in the rigorous curriculum, learn from world-class faculty, and build leadership experience and a supportive network that will help you immediately and throughout your career.

Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program is among the oldest and in the country. Unlike other One-Year MBA programs that consolidate two years of classes into one, our program builds on your experience and gives you the option to bypass the core curriculum so you can focus on the electives that are pertinent to your personal and professional goals.

Learn more

Request info about Kellogg

Apply to Kellogg.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Student Life Tagged: 1Y, asset management practicum, experiential learning, NUvention, One-year, One-Year MBA Program Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager
Behind the scenes of the Chicago sports industry  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2014, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Behind the scenes of the Chicago sports industry

In an industry such as sports, where the supply of jobs is so small and the demand is so high, sports industry leaders are bombarded by job requests all the time. Therefore, receiving uninterrupted time with these sports leaders is a rare occasion. But that is the exact opportunity myself and more than 20 other first-year Kellogg students had earlier this month on our Chicago sports business trek.

The companies on our trek represented the entire spectrum of sports: from collegiate to professional, from teams to governing bodies. For a group of students with varied professional backgrounds and differing interests within the sports industry, it was the perfect start to network with sports industry leaders. It also gave us a better understanding of the industry’s current issues and how an MBA could help these companies solve these issues.

NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
Our first stop was in our backyard at the Northwestern Athletic Department right here in Evanston. We had the pleasure of meeting with Mike Polisky, deputy director of athletics (external affairs) and Janna Blais, deputy director of athletics (student-athlete welfare).

Mike discussed the unique structure and culture of the NU athletic department under the direction of Athletic Director Jim Phillips. For example, Mike touched on how the department and its teams are now run a lot more like a business compared to how they used to be handled. Image
With the department still working through the Northwestern Football/Labor Union case, Janna spoke candidly about the challenges of the case and how the process has brought her department together.

As an added bonus, we were given a parting gift of a Northwestern hat honoring our country’s military personnel and veterans.

CHICAGO BULLS
The next destination was “The House that Jordan Built,” – I mean the United Center – to visit with the Chicago Bulls. We spoke with recent Kellogg graduate and Director of Analytics Matt Kobe ‘11, along with a panel of speakers from the Chicago Bulls organization.

It was fascinating to hear how difficult it is to separate the performance of the team when evaluating the success of various business efforts within the company. Another key takeaway was the fact that headcount is relatively small for an organization with that much revenue, and that ticket sales are the key driver for other revenue streams, such as merchandising, food, parking and television ratings. A surprising challenge for the Bulls and other NBA teams is to reclaim a lot of the revenue taken by secondary ticket sellers, such as StubHub.

No visit would be complete without a visit to the Bulls locker room and to the stadium floor itself.

U.S. SOCCER
Stop No. 3 on our whirlwind tour was at the U.S. Soccer Federation headquarters on the south side of Chicago. This meet-and-greet involved another diverse panel that discussed all aspects of U.S. Soccer’s operations: marketing, coaching, referees, general council/legal and communications.

It was insightful to hear about U.S. Soccer’s relations with key constituents such as FIFA, Major League Soccer (MLS) and even youth leagues. We discussed the Federation’s strategic plan and how they plan to capitalize on the recent success of the U.S. Men’s national team and the upcoming Women’s World Cup.

In our quest to collect as much swag as possible, our parting gift was a scarf to combat the winter weather.Image

PRIORITY SPORTS
Priority Sports, our fourth stop, was the only sports agency we visited during our trip. As one of the only homegrown sports agencies to represent both NFL and NBA athletes, we learned about the unique world of player representation. Let’s just say if you like cheering for your local professional teams, you may want to disregard a career in player representation. In a firm such as Priority Sports, the focus turns solely to the athlete you are representing and not necessarily the team itself.

Given the negotiating demands of the job, we learned that in order to be successful, it is important to make sure the other party achieves their objective by agreeing to your proposal. If you don’t consider the other party’s goals, you likely will not reach an agreement as easily.

MILLER COORS
Our final destination was at the headquarters of Miller Coors in the Chicago Loop. I mean, who doesn’t like beer and sports? Adam Dettman ‘01, director of sports & entertainment marketing, was a highlight of our stop. He gave us insights into the dynamics of managing a global brand that is dependent on local distributors, as well as the unique and evolving tastes of consumers in the local markets. Our stop wasn’t complete until we ventured over to the Miller Coors bar to sample some of the company’s refreshments and to network with Kellogg alumni.

—–

Overall, it was a full and memorable day as my fellow students and I networked, learned and looked “behind the curtain” of the sports industry. I know the world of sports business is tough to get into, but this trip left me excited as ever to get my foot in the door.

Nathan Pohle ’16 is a first-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA Program. After completing his undergraduate degree at UW-Madison in 2007, Nathan has spent the last seven years as an Actuarial consultant at Deloitte helping insurance companies across a wide range of consulting and audit engagements. Nathan is passionate about sports and finding innovative ways to apply data/analytics to improve fitness, nutrition and the overall sports experience.

Filed under: Academics, Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: business, career, career trek, Chicago, sports, sports business, Sports Business Club, trek Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2014, 09:50
I think the date is for sure a glitch. I opened another kellogg application for part time mba and played around in the fields. Then, when I went back to the original application I submitted, the date changed on my video essay (which is weird how it's connected to that date).
Manager
Manager
Jim Reynolds ’82, on the value of building coalitions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2014, 07:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Jim Reynolds ’82, on the value of building coalitions

The Kellogg Black Management Association hosted its annual BMA Conference earlier this month. The event was titled “The Balancing Act,” and the day featured conversations with a collection of prominent Kellogg alumni and influential business leaders.

The event was highlighted by a morning conversation between Dean Sally Blount and Jim Reynolds ’82, founder, chairman and CEO of Loop Capital.

Reynolds spoke about “The Tipping Point,” and he discussed different types of risks, his thoughts on building coalitions (above), the need to keep community in mind, what life is like as the CEO, and more.

Rodney Williams ’90, Moët Hennessy SVP, on five lessons he learned at Kellogg

Take a look back at tweets and photos from the event

Learn more about the BMA Conference

Filed under: Academics, Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: alumni, black management association, BMA, BMAC, Dean Sally Blount, student conference, student conferences Image

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2014, 03:44
bml1105 wrote:
EndGame wrote:
jxio wrote:

What all the adcomms in Evanston are doing right now

Haha! This made me laugh.

Hi everyone, I'm currently putting my Kellogg application together. Hoping to submit by Mid Dec. I believe it is not a rolling process, is that correct?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2014, 10:42
jxio wrote:

Mine was the same till earlier today. It has now changed to 11/24. Had my interview about 10 days back.
Might be a technical glitch, but certainly seem to think there is some link to it actually being viewed by adcom.

My fate may have already been sealed! Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 12-20-2013
GPA: 3.5
WE: General Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2014, 11:49
Hi

I did not receive any waivers. Had an interview around Oct 17 in my home town by an alum. Have not heard from them since. My Video essay date shows 11/07.

I was wondering if they call all the applicants on decision day, what happens if you are traveling abroad? Should I activate roaming? jejeje

Best of luck!

Mario
Retired Moderator
Reviews Badge
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2014, 11:56
saraviamario wrote:
Hi

I did not receive any waivers. Had an interview around Oct 17 in my home town by an alum. Have not heard from them since. My Video essay date shows 11/07.

I was wondering if they call all the applicants on decision day, what happens if you are traveling abroad? Should I activate roaming? jejeje

Best of luck!

Mario

It seems like they make a big effort to call everyone on decision day. However, while that call is exciting, roaming is expensive. I'm fairly certain they won't ding you just because you didn't pick up your phone! You should also receive an email or some sort of decision online, plus a formal mailed offer when you return home.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.43
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2014, 20:47
What's happening with the Kellogg invite for those who received waivers? It is already quite late in the day. Safe to assume things - ding, that is?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 24 Nov 2014, 20:47

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  27   28   29   30   31  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap