GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jan 2019, 10:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
303112345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829303112
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Leadership in Admissions

     January 23, 2019

     January 23, 2019

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    Learn how to portray yourself as a leader in your MBA applications when you download this free guide!
  • No Stone Unturned: Your 2019/2020 MBA Application Starts Now!

     January 24, 2019

     January 24, 2019

     09:00 PM EST

     10:00 PM EST

    Planning to apply to business school in 2019 or 2020? It is not too early to start planning! By taking action now, you can dramatically improve your chances of gaining admission to a top MBA program.

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2017
Posts: 20
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 23:16
Has everyone who submitted the application got an invite to book the interview?
Did you get it before submitting the video essay or after submitting?

I have submitted my application on 10 Jan and also completed my video essay today, but I haven't received any email for scheduling the interview.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 23 Nov 2016
Posts: 161
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2018, 06:54
Those who select “on-Campus” interview get the option of booking the interview right after they submit the application.
All of the people above are “on-Campus” interviewees


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
_________________

.
.
.
.
.
GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Invited to Interview
10 Jan, 2018
14 Jan 2018, 12:31
henlight GMAT: 710, Q44, V42; WE: 80 months; United States, CA; via Email
Invited to Interview
14 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 770, Q49, V47; GPA: 3.5; WE: 84 months; United States; via Email
Invited to Interview
10 Jan, 2018
15 Jan 2018, 07:10
tjkdm3 GMAT: 740, Q49, V42; GPA: 4; WE: 36 months; United States, MO; via Email
Invited to Interview
10 Jan, 2018
15 Jan 2018, 07:18
okhotnikovaalina GMAT: 670, Q47, V35; GPA: 3.63; WE: 87 months; Russian Federation; via Email
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 128
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 09:44
1
I just want to confirm this. People who opted for off campus interview do not have to schedule their interviews right? Or do they? Just saw an interview invite for Russia location. Kindly confirm.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 30 May 2017
Posts: 14
Location: Russian Federation
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.63
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 09:48
1
procman wrote:
I just want to confirm this. People who opted for off campus interview do not have to schedule their interviews right? Or do they? Just saw an interview invite for Russia location. Kindly confirm.



Hi! I'm Russian applicant, but I selected On campus interview, as I will be in the US, do not want to confuse anybody :)
Current Student
User avatar
P
Status: It always seems impossible until it's done!!
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 1118
Location: India
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 10:14
1
Top Contributor
Only the folks who selected for On-Campus get chance to schedule the interview. So do not panic. They are yet to send out the invites for folks who choose the off-campus and international location. You might hear it by Jan end or feb 1st week, since they stated that it will take 4-6 weeks after the deadline.
_________________

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Apr 2017
Posts: 8
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Premium Member
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 18:00
I had a heck of a time getting my video essay software to function properly. Tried on 4 separate days and finally got them to work! Really excited to interview on campus, I've been looking forward to seeing it in person ever since I went to an information session a couple of months back.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2017
Posts: 20
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 18:08
rwbureau wrote:
I had a heck of a time getting my video essay software to function properly. Tried on 4 separate days and finally got them to work! Really excited to interview on campus, I've been looking forward to seeing it in person ever since I went to an information session a couple of months back.


But the video essay was to be completed within 48 hours of submitting application. I think you should write to admissions team and let them know that you couldn't complete in time due to software issues.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Apr 2017
Posts: 8
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Premium Member
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 18:22
MBA18to20 wrote:
rwbureau wrote:
I had a heck of a time getting my video essay software to function properly. Tried on 4 separate days and finally got them to work! Really excited to interview on campus, I've been looking forward to seeing it in person ever since I went to an information session a couple of months back.


But the video essay was to be completed within 48 hours of submitting application. I think you should write to admissions team and let them know that you couldn't complete in time due to software issues.


I spoke with both Admissions and Kira. Kira acknowledged an issue with the software. I reached out to Kellogg when I was having the issue and they confirmed they would accept submissions through Tuesday.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 128
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 21:40
Gnpth wrote:
Only the folks who selected for On-Campus get chance to schedule the interview. So do not panic. They are yet to send out the invites for folks who choose the off-campus and international location. You might hear it by Jan end or feb 1st week, since they stated that it will take 4-6 weeks after the deadline.



Thanks Gnpth
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Sep 2015
Posts: 138
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 22:14
Gnpth wrote:
Only the folks who selected for On-Campus get chance to schedule the interview. So do not panic. They are yet to send out the invites for folks who choose the off-campus and international location. You might hear it by Jan end or feb 1st week, since they stated that it will take 4-6 weeks after the deadline.


Thank you for the clarification! :-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jun 2017
Posts: 8
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 10:25
I was rejected in R1 from the FT program, but just received a call from Kellogg to set up a meeting with a member of the admissions committee to discuss my application and the decision I received. I'm not sure what to make of this, but thinking they're going to pitch the idea of PT as I'm in Chicago. Has anyone else had this happen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Invited to Interview
10 Jan, 2018
16 Jan 2018, 12:42
PeterC78 GMAT: 710, Q44, V41; GPA: 3.2; WE: 60 months; United States; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 17:38
Resipsa1 wrote:
I was rejected in R1 from the FT program, but just received a call from Kellogg to set up a meeting with a member of the admissions committee to discuss my application and the decision I received. I'm not sure what to make of this, but thinking they're going to pitch the idea of PT as I'm in Chicago. Has anyone else had this happen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hey Resipsa1 there was an applicant who posted earlier (on pg. 43 if you'd like to look at the posts) and many commenters suspected it was an offer to apply to the PT program as they were from Chicago too, but in fact was just a follow-up and "personal" rejection. May have been because she was a Northwestern undegrad alum and they wanted to make sure they felt valued. Not sure if that will happen to you, but earlier commenters thought it was likely going to be a PT invitation.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jun 2017
Posts: 8
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 17:58
Hi ThadGA08. The call was a personal rejection--a very nice woman that went to undergrad at the university where I went to law school had reviewed my app and resume prior to the call--coupled with a query about my future plans. When I stated that I would consider PT, my app was submitted for free to the PT program and I was put in touch with the director of PT admissions.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 6001
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 19:32
Resipsa1 wrote:
Hi ThadGA08. The call was a personal rejection--a very nice woman that went to undergrad at the university where I went to law school had reviewed my app and resume prior to the call--coupled with a query about my future plans. When I stated that I would consider PT, my app was submitted for free to the PT program and I was put in touch with the director of PT admissions.

Posted from my mobile device


That's nice. I read on another forum that a Chicago based applicant also received a call from Dean Kate Smith recently. She told that user that they call to select applicants who stuck out to them as really strong candidates but who they couldn't admit. Kate later asked the applicant whether he/she can consider applying to their part time program, but the user ruled out the PT option.

It's great that they submitted your app for PT program for free. Good luck for you PT app and future plans.
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Invited to Interview
10 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 720, Q48, V40; GPA: 3.4; WE: 80 months; United States; via Email
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! &nbs [#permalink] 16 Jan 2018, 20:42

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  43   44   45   46   47   48   49  ...  66    Next  [ 1305 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.