GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 23:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 11:21
Lol it was just a "sorry you didn't get in" call. Nice gesture but not sure what the benefit is for them and for me...
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 11:24
meridian91 wrote:
Lol it was just a "sorry you didn't get in" call. Nice gesture but not sure what the benefit is for them and for me...

Well Kellogg is a different type of b-school with the interviewing everyone and emphasizing personality more. I think that may be a bit of the old Dean Jacobs spirit combined with you being a Norhwestern undergrad alumnus.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 11:30
Filthydelphia wrote:
meridian91 wrote:

Well Kellogg is a different type of b-school with the interviewing everyone and emphasizing personality more. I think that may be a bit of the old Dean Jacobs spirit combined with you being a Norhwestern undergrad alumnus.

Yeah I think the undergrad connection had a lot to do with it. Got some nice closure before starting school, so can't complain :-)
Admitted
30 Oct, 2017
Private, GMAT: 760, Q49, V45; GPA: 3.09; WE: 72 months; United States; via Email
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 23:03
I am slightly confused with the wording of "International Experience"

International Experience:
Instructions: List up to six academic, professional or volunteer experiences abroad. (Time spent living abroad as a child can be categorized as academic.) Please do not include personal vacation or travel.

I am from India but I have been in the US for the past 7 years.
In my case, does "international" mean my experience in India or my experience in USA?
Current Student
P
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 23:14
Top Contributor
knowledgeforaction wrote:

Instructions: List up to six academic, professional or volunteer experiences abroad. (Time spent living abroad as a child can be categorized as academic.) Please do not include personal vacation or travel.

In my case, does "international" mean my experience in India or my experience in USA?

If you became immigrant, then list only the time you were in the US as international experience. For example- In 7 years in the US, if you became immigrant in 2015. Then list the pervious 5 years. Or you can list entire 7 years if you are not an immigrant to the US.

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 00:00
Gnpth wrote:

If you became immigrant, then list only the time you were in the US as international experience. For example- In 7 years in the US, if you became immigrant in 2015. Then list the pervious 5 years. Or you can list entire 7 years if you are not an immigrant to the US.

Thank you very much. Appreciate the quick response.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 00:05
I am in the Bay Area and have done a Kellogg Class visit.
Any advantage of choosing to do a Kellogg onsite interview vs an offsite interview?
CEO
CEO
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 06:33
Any advantage of choosing to do a Kellogg onsite interview vs an offsite interview?

No difference technically. But do understand that off campus will most probably be done with an alum while onsite can either be an adcom member or a current student. So pick the one that you are most comfortable/confident about clicking with. No other reason.

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 06:35

International experience is any experience outside your country of citizenship or where outside a country where you’ve spent majority of your life. For you, your international experience will be 7 years in US. Make sure to not talk about your time in US when you came as a visitor.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 11:04
ENGRTOMBA2018 wrote:

No difference technically. But do understand that off campus will most probably be done with an alum while onsite can either be an adcom member or a current student. So pick the one that you are most comfortable/confident about clicking with. No other reason.

Understood. Thank you very much.
I would prefer to take the chance of impressing the AdCom but since I'm applying on deadline day and the on-campus slots are on a first-come first-serve basis, do I run the risk of getting a "waiver"?
Is it likely to be safer bet that I will get an interview if I pick off-campus in a big city like SF?
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 11:08
ENGRTOMBA2018 wrote:

I would prefer to take the chance of impressing the AdCom but since I'm applying on deadline day and the on-campus slots are on a first-come first-serve basis, do I run the risk of getting a "waiver"?
Is it likely to be safer bet that I will get an interview if I pick off-campus in a big city like SF?

There are tons of on-campus slots available. You won't miss out on it. Off-campus choice actually runs the risk of waiver sometimes. On-campus is the sure shot way of doing an interview.
I recently booked a slot for 17th Feb.. and I saw majority slots were open.. starting with some time in January and the last one being on Mar 3rd.

GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 11:13
stoiczoan wrote:
There are tons of on-campus slots available. You won't miss out on it. Off-campus choice actually runs the risk of waiver sometimes. On-campus is the sure shot way of doing an interview.
I recently booked a slot for 17th Feb.. and I saw majority slots were open.. starting with some time in January and the last one being on Mar 3rd.

Awesome. Thank you very much :-)
Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 11:17
ENGRTOMBA2018 wrote:

No one who chooses on campus gets a waiver. If I were applying again I would chose on campus. You can scroll back in the thread to see how much anxiety was created by me having to wait for my off campus assignment which ended up coming very late due to some logistical issues. In the end instead of an alum I got a Skype Call with an ad com. I have a low gpa but my interview was my best one all application season and I am very certain that it helped to tip the scales in my favor especially because it was an ad com who could advocate for my candidacy in the room. I am not sure that that would have happened that way if I had my original choice of an off campus interview with an alum. So basically if you can do on campus I would absolutely pick on campus.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 11:18
stoiczoan wrote:

Awesome. Thank you very much :-)

I agree with stoiczoan, there will be a lot of spots open. I submitted on the deadline date last year and this year in Round 1, and both times, there were many spots available when I submitted. I actually didn't pick a spot until later in the week after submitting.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 11:37
Thanks a lot everyone.
I have changed my selection to On Campus.
Denied
13 Dec, 2017
summerldr GMAT: 730, Q49, V40; GPA: 3.84; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 11:32
I submitted my official GMAT score about two weeks ago and got all of my other application materials in prior to the deadline, but my GMAT score report is still showing up as "Awaiting" on my application status.

Is anyone else seeing the same?
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 11:35
Fluffhead83 wrote:
I submitted my official GMAT score about two weeks ago and got all of my other application materials in prior to the deadline, but my GMAT score report is still showing up as "Awaiting" on my application status.

Same for me and I ordered my GMAT score report before Christmas. I double checked the GMAC site and it was ordered for Kellogg.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 11:37
Filthydelphia wrote:
Fluffhead83 wrote:

Same for me and I ordered my GMAT score report before Christmas. I double checked the GMAC site and it was ordered for Kellogg.

Ok good deal, that makes me feel better. I think they have probably received them but there is some additional level of input on Kellogg's end that is required to get the status changed.

Good luck to you!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! &nbs [#permalink] 11 Jan 2018, 11:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  66    Next  [ 1305 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap