GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jun 2019, 22:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 01:40
ArtichokePizza wrote:
Any news on scholarships for the R1 admits?

ArtichokePizza

Do you hold an admit from LBS? Also try posting this question here https://gmatclub.com/forum/london-lbs-c ... 82204.html
Schools: LBS '21 (A)
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 01:50
workout wrote:
ArtichokePizza wrote:
Any news on scholarships for the R1 admits?

Do you hold an admit from LBS? Also try posting this question here

I do! Thanks for the link
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 04:55
Anyone knows what to do in order for an LBS Alumnus to receive the online recommendation form? The only related part I have found on the application website is 'If an LBS alumnus or student has completed a recommendation form for you, please name them here'. Many thanks!
Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: LBS '21 (M$)

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 07:08
Goforit2019 wrote:
Anyone knows what to do in order for an LBS Alumnus to receive the online recommendation form? The only related part I have found on the application website is 'If an LBS alumnus or student has completed a recommendation form for you, please name them here'. Many thanks!

Ask the alumnus to write to mba@london.edu and ask for the form, they will send back a link.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 08:58
chibilovespurple wrote:
Goforit2019 wrote:

Ask the alumnus to write to mba@london.edu and ask for the form, they will send back a link.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '18

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 10:22
Is there a difference between R2 and R3 admit ratio? I am told R2 and R3 are pretty similar in terms of admit rate and R4 is much more difficult to get in ?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 08:42
Hi everybody,

another quick questions for R2 application.
How to answer to the below questions if I hadn't participated to any events?
"Have you attended an event on or off campus where you met with representatives from the school? If yes, please tell us when, where and who you met."

I would like to participate in October when LBS hold and event in my city, however for working reasons I was not able to participate... it could rise some issues in my application?

Best,
S
Retired Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 10:19
If you didn't, you didn't. Don't lie on the application.
Attending an event could help boost your application a bit but there are other ways to get those points like by talking to current students, corresponding with the adcoms, etc.
Not attending an event will not disqualify you.
silvia2704 wrote:
Hi everybody,

another quick questions for R2 application.
How to answer to the below questions if I hadn't participated to any events?
"Have you attended an event on or off campus where you met with representatives from the school? If yes, please tell us when, where and who you met."

I would like to participate in October when LBS hold and event in my city, however for working reasons I was not able to participate... it could rise some issues in my application?

Best,
S
BSchool Thread Master
B
Schools: LBS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 12:08
Was recently browsing through the website.. LBS doesn't state how many tailored core modules one has to take after the fundamental core modules. Does anyone know?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 05:47
Hi everybody,

what about to answer as indicated to the following questions:
Do you feel that your GMAT/GRE score gives an accurate representation of your numerical and analytical abilities? N
Are you planning on re-taking the GMAT/GRE? N
Would you re-take the GMAT/GRE if requested by the Admissions Committee? Y

My GMAT score is 720, but it is skewed towards verbal part V41(94%)- Q47(63%). In both my Bachelor and MsC I have high grades in math, statistic and financial analysis; I have also done an elective course in econometric (advanced applied statistics)

How do people think the above answers would be received? I'm afraid it comes across as "I didn't do as well on the test as I think I could have, but don't plan to re-write it unless you'll make me?"
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 06:04
Hi Silvia yes it kind of does come across that way but they also realize that you have other priorities in life and might not have the ability to put forth really big push on the GMAT.

By the way I might recommend that you do MBA Math. It's pretty well suited for someone like yourself where you're claiming you have the quantitative abilities to succeed in class but that isn't fully reflected on the GMAT. It's an online self-paced course and I think you should check it out and put it in the optional information - that you are in progress with this and the transcript is forthcoming. As an FYI I don't work for them or anything.

As a female applicant they're motivated to pick you because you represent some diversity but they have to feel comfortable that you can handle the coursework.

If you recently took the exam and feel as though you can get into the 75% range with quant that would be the best course of action, but if you've lost some momentum and you need to get these applications sorted MBA Math might be the more controllable near-term solution.

http://mbaprepcoach.com
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 12:16
SamuelWitwicky wrote:
Was recently browsing through the website.. LBS doesn't state how many tailored core modules one has to take after the fundamental core modules. Does anyone know?

Hi Samuel !!....maybe I can take this one. I am a current LBS MBA 2020 candidate. There is no fixed number of courses you need to take. In order to pass the tailored core, you need to complete between 40-48 credits. It is your choice as to how many courses you take in order to fulfill those credits. On average, 4-5 courses are enough.

I am an ex-Gmat club member. I would be more than happy to help any applicants applying to LBS.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 23:17
vigneshrajendran wrote:
Is there a difference between R2 and R3 admit ratio? I am told R2 and R3 are pretty similar in terms of admit rate and R4 is much more difficult to get in ?
There's not much difference in acceptance rates of R2 and R3 as per our analysis. See the second chart of the analysis.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1708081
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 02:15
Narenn wrote:
vigneshrajendran wrote:
There's not much difference in acceptance rates of R2 and R3 as per our analysis. See the second chart of the analysis...

I'm making a snap decision about applying to R2 & R3 soon and would really appreciate input. I've been told I have a strong profile (interesting niche industry, quick career progression, female, decent application), but I really bombed the GMAT. Was planning to rewrite the test within the week limit of the application deadline (Jan 11th), but I don't think I can boost my mark enough by then to be comfortable (710).

I'm deciding if it's a) better to wait for R3 to study longer to increase my GMAT significantly. Or b) apply for R2 since there are more spots and they may be less picky on a modest GMAT increase.

From the admission trends, I see that acceptance rate for R2 R3 are the same, but is there any insight to how competitive the candidates are in those two rounds? Are R3 candidates just more outstanding altogether? Does a candidate with an average score stand a better chance in R2 or does it not make a difference?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 04:35
naturalfibres wrote:
I'm deciding if it's a) better to wait for R3 to study longer to increase my GMAT significantly. Or b) apply for R2 since there are more spots and they may be less picky on a modest GMAT increase.

It's always better to have a higher GMAT score than school's average, though it won't necessarily make your application competitive as ultimately a lot depends on how good your story and overall package is.

naturalfibres wrote:
From the admission trends, I see that acceptance rate for R2 R3 are the same, but is there any insight to how competitive the candidates are in those two rounds? Are R3 candidates just more outstanding altogether? Does a candidate with an average score stand a better chance in R2 or does it not make a difference?
While it's likely to be true, we don't have data or evidence to support this argument.
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2019, 05:23
I am contemplating whether to submit my application in round-2 or wait until round-3. While my application is pretty much done, I might be able to visit the campus in Feb and get even better recommendations by round-3. I am an Indian applicant.
Intern
Intern
S

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2019, 06:37
pb25 wrote:
I am contemplating whether to submit my application in round-2 or wait until round-3. While my application is pretty much done, I might be able to visit the campus in Feb and get even better recommendations by round-3. I am an Indian applicant.

Submit now. Visit campus and write to adcom for additional information... before getting the result.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2019, 17:03
chibilovespurple wrote:
pb25 wrote:

Submit now. Visit campus and write to adcom for additional information... before getting the result.

What do you mean by write to the adcom for additional info? Do you mean to ask some random question about the program as a result of the visit just to get some visibility??
Retired Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2019, 19:09
(S)He probably meant write to the adcom with additional information.
naturalfibres wrote:
chibilovespurple wrote:
pb25 wrote:

What do you mean by write to the adcom for additional info? Do you mean to ask some random question about the program as a result of the visit just to get some visibility??
Intern
Intern
S
Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2019, 20:18
naturalfibres wrote:
chibilovespurple wrote:
pb25 wrote:

From my experience, LBS really focuses on your connection with schools. In the application form, they ask several times questions like: Do you know any alumni/current students? Have you met any adcom..."

So exchanging emails with adcom to ask questions or to provide additional information is really helpful.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 01 Jan 2019, 20:18

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  18    Next  [ 343 posts ] 

Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status