GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Jan 2020, 18:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Moderator
B
Schools: LBS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2019, 07:41
mm2019mba wrote:
Just got my answer, admitted :)

Posted from my mobile device

congrats!!
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2019, 00:16
Is it possible that I can defer the offer to next year round?
Thank you.
Retired Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2019, 13:05
Hi Andrew,
Deferrals are given on case by case basis. I know people who have received deferrals.
Your best bet would be to reach out to adcom to ask about the specifics of the process.
Cheers!
MV
andrewfong wrote:
Is it possible that I can defer the offer to next year round?
Thank you.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 04:10
Hi everyone - good to eMeet folk :) I have couple of questions on Student Loans and Accommodation

1. I am joining from New York and wondering what are some agencies in the UK that offer competitive IR and reasonable application processing times
2. My wife and I are looking for accommodation near or within 20-25 mins of commute, door to door, to the school. Could you please suggest some neighborhoods and which websites I can use to find rentals.

Thank you so much
Admitted from WL
07 Sep, 2019
02 Nov 2019, 02:52
SakshamC GMAT: 750, Q51, V40; WE: 84 months; India; via Email
Deferred admission to next year class [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 02:59
One of the questions on the application is "How did you first hear about London Business School?" (max 200 words). Does anyone have any tips or does this require straightforward answer? Thank you.
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 03:23
LBS is often competing with other business schools both US schools and also INSEAD. So they are extremely interested to know if you are genuinely interested in them. My suspicion is that they're looking for answers that show an uncommon interest - may be a connection who has really set the school apart for you. They want to get a sense of how likely it is they can get you if they want you. Imagine sending out wedding invitations and nobody shows up. So show depth and sincerity of interest; a good fit with the special aspects of the school. Stay with the question don't deviate from that but these are the things you would like to show.

="Xin Cho"]One of the questions on the application is "How did you first hear about London Business School?" (max 200 words). Does anyone have any tips or does this require straightforward answer? Thank you.[/quote]

Manager
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 04:12
Thank you for the reply. Would it be okay to mention what I was looking for in MBA programme and what specifically attracted me to LBS? Or is this deviating too much from the answer? Frankly, I don't have a specific person.
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 04:14
The best way to handle that would be to mention why London Business School became meaningful to you after you heard about it. Make sure that it ties back to the origin story of how you found out about it.

Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.55

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 05:58
Xin Cho wrote:
One of the questions on the application is "How did you first hear about London Business School?" (max 200 words). Does anyone have any tips or does this require straightforward answer? Thank you.

I believe that specific question is only 200 CHARACTERS, not 200 WORDS, so thst leaves limited space to elaborate.

Manager
Manager
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 06:06
Ah, you are correct. Thank you for the notice.
BSchool Moderator
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 06:27
200 words is actually quite short if you do start typing out a proper answer, but I’d be straightforward.

Btw I’m currently studying in LBS year 1 now and would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have
Manager
Manager
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 07:32
If I may have one more question. In addition to essay detailing my current job, the application ask for previous employment details (responsibilities, reason for taking job and reason for leaving). There is no guideline on length and form (bullet points, essay). Given that this needs to be done for each past position, I would assume it should be rather concise. Would you have any recommendation please?
BSchool Moderator
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 08:58
Xin Cho wrote:
If I may have one more question. In addition to essay detailing my current job, the application ask for previous employment details (responsibilities, reason for taking job and reason for leaving). There is no guideline on length and form (bullet points, essay). Given that this needs to be done for each past position, I would assume it should be rather concise. Would you have any recommendation please?

Yes, keep it concise. You can talk a bit more about your responsibilities (I did 246 words last year). Just make sure not to repeat your resume.
Your resume should list achievements, while this section is to detail what your job scope is essentially.

For organisation's main area of activity, it really depends on how well-known your employer is:
For example I worked in J. P. Morgan, all I stated was essentially the marcap of the company and what it does briefly, cuz it's obvious.
On the other hand, the other company I previously worked for was not as well known and my word count was triple that of JPM.

Reason for taking this role and reason for leaving was really about 20-50 words for me.

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 14:02
Thank you very much for the help and additional information. This has been really helpful.
BSchool Moderator
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 19:06
Xin Cho wrote:
Thank you very much for the help and additional information. This has been really helpful.

Most welcome! Happy to help anyone else who’s interested to know more about LBS
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 24 Dec 2019, 19:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   [ 356 posts ] 

Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Arro44