GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 14:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Madison Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Schools: AGSM '18
Leadership Catalyst and the Wisconsin MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2015, 08:00
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: Leadership Catalyst and the Wisconsin MBA
When you think about what it takes to be successful in business a few abilities come to mind. Usually strong communication skills and  calculated risk taking come to mind. Sometimes organization...
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 580 Q36 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q46 V35
WE: Public Relations (Non-Profit and Government)
Calling all Madison Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 12:16
Hello guys,

I applied to Wisconsin MBA Program (Product and Brand Management) in Round 4 (April 2), the last round for international applicants. Did anyone here applied in this round? Did anyone get an interview invitation? Still no update from the school besides an e-mail confirming that all of my materials have been received and that my application is being reviewed. However the check box “Official Test Scores Verified” in my online application is not selected.

I'm Brazilian and have been working as a Public Relations analyst and manager in different institutions of the Brazilian federal government for the last 7 years. I think I have a good work experience in communications and journalism, but my Gmat score is low (580)...

It has been 2 weeks with no interview invite and there are just 2 weeks more before the decision date. I guess it is getting over for me :(

Best of luck to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Approaching Beauty in a Business School: A Reflection on the ‘Beauty S  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 08:01
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: Approaching Beauty in a Business School: A Reflection on the ‘Beauty Symposium’
On Friday, April 10, passersby in the Grainger Hall atrium peered through the windows of the Plenary Room as they would at any gathering held in the space. Had they decided to walk in, however, their...
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
Changing the Game at MIT's Sports Analytics Conference  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 08:01
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: Changing the Game at MIT's Sports Analytics Conference
I was lucky to be born and raised in Madison, Wisconsin where I was able to regularly attend University of Wisconsin sporting events starting at a young age (my mom has photos of me on my first...
Manager
Manager
Experiential Learning Complements Classroom Teachings  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2015, 09:00
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: Experiential Learning Complements Classroom Teachings
The best way to learn is by doing. As an MBA student at the Wisconsin School of Business, there is no shortage of opportunities to learn by doing. Experiential learning opportunities present...
Manager
Manager
Wisconsin MBA Welcomes Federal Reserve Economists  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2015, 12:00
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: Wisconsin MBA Welcomes Federal Reserve Economists
I came to the Nicholas Center to learn specifically about corporate finance. But as an MBA student, I have a few additional gaps in my business knowledge. Beyond the specialization curriculum, every...
Manager
Manager
5 Valuable Outcomes from Experiential Learning  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2015, 12:00
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: 5 Valuable Outcomes from Experiential Learning
The Wisconsin MBA is governed by five learning dimensions that ensure purposeful and intentional learning outcomes for students. At the Wisconsin School of Business this is referred to as KDBIN™...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 01:59
MaryBelBr wrote:
Hello guys,

I applied to Wisconsin MBA Program (Product and Brand Management) in Round 4 (April 2), the last round for international applicants. Did anyone here applied in this round? Did anyone get an interview invitation? Still no update from the school besides an e-mail confirming that all of my materials have been received and that my application is being reviewed. However the check box “Official Test Scores Verified” in my online application is not selected.

I'm Brazilian and have been working as a Public Relations analyst and manager in different institutions of the Brazilian federal government for the last 7 years. I think I have a good work experience in communications and journalism, but my Gmat score is low (580)...

It has been 2 weeks with no interview invite and there are just 2 weeks more before the decision date. I guess it is getting over for me :(

did you receive any update?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 04:57
milinjc wrote:
MaryBelBr wrote:
Hello guys,

Milinjc,
I wrote the Admissions Office to ask whether they received my scores and someone wrote me back saying that the toefl score was there and that they would check my Gmat score later in the admissions process. The person was really nice and polite. However, the check box “Official Test Scores Verified” in my online application still not selected.

Tomorrow is the decision date and I didn't receive an interview invitation. What about you?

I'm sad, UW was my dream school. :(
Manager
Manager
How to Tell Your Employer You are Leaving to Pursue an MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 09:01
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: How to Tell Your Employer You are Leaving to Pursue an MBA
Breaking the news to your current employer that you are leaving your job to pursue an MBA can be a very delicate matter. Regardless of what stage of the admissions process you are in, you will want to...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.61
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Madison Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 11:15
MaryBelBr wrote:
milinjc wrote:
MaryBelBr wrote:
Hello guys,

Milinjc,
I wrote the Admissions Office to ask whether they received my scores and someone wrote me back saying that the toefl score was there and that they would check my Gmat score later in the admissions process. The person was really nice and polite. However, the check box “Official Test Scores Verified” in my online application still not selected.

Tomorrow is the decision date and I didn't receive an interview invitation. What about you?

I'm sad, UW was my dream school. :(

MaryBelBr,
Same here.
There have been no updates. I applied for the March 13 deadline and have not been invited for an interview.
The official test score column is still unchecked.
Let me know if you get any updates.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 18:13
Oh! The only update I received from UW was an email stating that my application was complete and under review by admission committee. I send a few mails afterwards, unfortunately I didn't hear from them in last 20 days.

Do you think a university would enrol without conducting an interview? I don't wanna sound pessimist but I don't think it would, unless they have a video question interview already in place.

I'm a little bit anxious because UW is just the right kind of MBA program for my work experience and post-MBA plans. My fingers and toes are crossed even tighter than before!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.61
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 21:36
milinjc wrote:
Oh! The only update I received from UW was an email stating that my application was complete and under review by admission committee. I send a few mails afterwards, unfortunately I didn't hear from them in last 20 days.

Do you think a university would enrol without conducting an interview? I don't wanna sound pessimist but I don't think it would, unless they have a video question interview already in place.

I'm a little bit anxious because UW is just the right kind of MBA program for my work experience and post-MBA plans. My fingers and toes are crossed even tighter than before!

Well the application requirements page states that formal admissions interviews are required for all candidates.
So I don't know what to expect. Waiting anxiously.
Best of luck for the results. :thumbup:
VP
VP
Interview of a Wisconsin Student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2015, 10:25
Poonam, CEO and founder of myEssayReview, is publishing interviews of her successful students. This is the latest in the series. Here is a chat with Fatima, first year student at the full time MBA program of the Wisconsin.
Poonam: Can you tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Where and what did you study as an undergrad? What do you do now?

Fatima: I am from Senegal; I moved to the USA about 5 years ago. I have a Master degree in HR from the University of Dakar/Senegal ,and I fluently speak French and Spanish. Right now, I am a First year MBA student at the Wisconsin MBA program. I am getting ready to move down to Houston for my summer internship. I am super excited about it!

Poonam: When did you start thinking about MBA? Why now? What are your post MBA career goals and long term goals?

Fatima: I started thinking about an MBA since I moved to the USA. In fact, I graduated with a Master in HR from Dakar/Senegal, and I needed to take my career to the next level by pursuing an MBA program that would give me strong business knowledge paired with a deep understanding of the HR function. My short term goal is to become a Human Capital Consultant. My post MBA career goal is working in strategic human capital management by helping an NGO or not- for -profit organization to optimize their investment in human capital. Fifteen to twenty years post MBA, I see myself opening a Consultancy agency in West Africa and Latin America to help support and coordinate Human Resources Development in emerging countries.

Poonam: You were accepted by both Wisconsin and Cornell. You finally chose Cornell. How is it the best school for you?
Fatima: I choose UW because of cultural fit and because that is one of the few MBA programs that offers a MBA with a Specialization in HR.

Poonam: How challenging it is to manage school and family at the same time? Do you have any time management tips for the prospective students?

Fatima: It’s been challenging. Yet, I have a very supporting husband who understood that I have little time to do stuff I used to, but I made sure to spend some of my time with him. My family and friends were a great support system. My advice is to use the weekend to study the most (for those who don’t work on weekends), and make sure you understand and are comfortable with your studying style (I study best early mornings than late afternoons; I make sure to have enough sleep)

Poonam: Looking back, what was the most challenging aspect of the school admissions process? How did you approach that challenge and overcome it? How would you advise other MBA applicants who are facing similar challenges?

Fatima: The most challenging part was writing the essays. As a non- native speaker, I was very frustrated at time when I wasn’t able to express my ideas the way I wanted. I overcame my challenge when I started working with Poonam. I am so grateful for all her guidance, patience and professionalism. It was a breeze working with her; she believed in me and that meant a lot to me. I would suggest candidates to find someone like Poonam who would help them through the writing process.

Poonam: Thanks, Fatima.What is your favorite thing about Wisconsin so far?

Fatima: The people.... they are so nice and welcoming! Wisconsin residents are genuinely nice and respectful people. They are always ready to help and make you feel part of their community.

Poonam Is there anything you would like to change about the program?

Fatima: Not really. May be more international trips . ..We have about two global projects being offered at the school, and it would be nice to increase the number of global opportunities.

Poonam: Do you have any admissions tips for applicants for Wisconsin full time MBA (essays, résumé, recommendation letters, interview etc.)?

Fatima : Always reach out to current students, they always are a great resources (they were in your shoes at some point). Avoid last minute submission; give yourself enough time to write compelling essays and give your recommenders enough time before application deadline. The most important thing is to be yourself and enjoy the process.

Poonam: What are your favorite non-school books? What are you hobbies?

Fatima : I love reading, “Les Miserables”, “ Pourquoi les hommes adorent les chieuses” I love working out, cleaning, cooking, reading and baking.

Poonam : Thank you, Fatima for sharing your story with us. Good luck on your Wisconsin experience and your future career.

Note: You can connect with Fatima via LinkedIn.

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?i ... rk=spm_pic

Web /Blog/ Free resources/LinkedIn/ Facebook/ Email :poonam@myessayreview.com

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V36
GPA: 3.32
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 01 May 2015, 17:31
Dinged...

On one hand it's disappointing to hear, but on the other hand I'm relieved because I know its low, in-state tuition cost and proximity to my hometown (Milwaukee) would have been big in my decision vs other schools even though most people say you shouldn't really choose a school based on cost. Oh well, I guess that makes it a bit simpler for me at least.

Best of luck everyone.

Originally posted by myreaper8 on 01 May 2015, 10:28.
Last edited by myreaper8 on 01 May 2015, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2015, 13:11
Denied. I'll try to get a feedback in July and apply again in September. Definitely I'll take de Gmat again. Best of luck to everybody!
Manager
Manager
Preparing for a Career in Consulting with the Wisconsin MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2015, 10:00
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: Preparing for a Career in Consulting with the Wisconsin MBA
The Nicholas Center for Corporate Finance and Investment banking is a diverse group with respect to career aspirations. While many choose to enter corporate finance upon graduation, others choose...
Manager
Manager
Building the Capacity of Nonprofits: A Case Study of the Wormfarm Inst  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2015, 10:00
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: Building the Capacity of Nonprofits: A Case Study of the Wormfarm Institute
In the industry of nonprofits that relies increasingly more on evaluation and measuring impact to give and secure funding, assessing leadership and structures of nonprofit organizations is a valuable...
Manager
Manager
Things I Wish I'd Known: Advice for Incoming Wisconsin MBA Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2015, 11:00
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: Things I Wish I'd Known: Advice for Incoming Wisconsin MBA Students
Business school is one of the most fun times of your career; however, it can be difficult to uproot your current life and re-locate to a new city. I myself found this process somewhat difficult to...
Manager
Manager
Industry Conference Reaffirms Academics  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2015, 15:00
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: Industry Conference Reaffirms Academics
RIMS conference is an annual opportunity for all risk management professionals to assemble, connect, and discuss how to improve the industry together. When I was in China, RIMS was an event that only...
GMAT Club Bot
Industry Conference Reaffirms Academics   [#permalink] 12 May 2015, 15:00

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 233 posts ] 

Calling all Madison Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status