Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.47
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GRE 1: Q800 V690
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Schools: Stern '18 (M)
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
ChefMan wrote:
WalterT wrote:
loudlove wrote:
Did anyone else get the "Texas MBAs are in Demand with Employers!" email today from McCombs?

I had my Skype interview last week...waiting...waiting.......

Yes, got it this morning but I think it's just an ad. I'm pretty sure the final result won't be released until Dec. 17, so take it easy.

Every time I get something from McCombs, it gets my hopes up even though I know decisions won't be released for another month.

bwaahahahahaaa! so glad I'm not the only one who gets all excited by seeing a mail from McCombs, opens it and feels cheated. Yup, got that mail too. Means nothing
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [2]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Kudos
Just got done with my Skype interview. These were the questions :

Resume walkthrough
ST/LT goals
Why MBA is the next step in my career
Why McCombs
Leadership Experience
Multi-cultural/diverse team experience
How I would contribute to my cohort
What the application experience taught me
Anything I'd like to share
Questions for the interviewer

Overall, it was exactly as described by others on this thread - conversational and very relaxed. It lasted for 35-40 mins. My interviewer had a very friendly personality so that really helped calm my nerves.

Now I cannot wait for December 17 to come. I'm strong strongly hoping for an admit.

Best of luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nitishgera wrote:
Just got done with my Skype interview. These were the questions :

Resume walkthrough
ST/LT goals
Why MBA is the next step in my career
Why McCombs
Leadership Experience
Multi-cultural/diverse team experience
How I would contribute to my cohort
Anything I'd like to share
Questions for the interviewer

Overall, it was exactly as described by others on this thread - conversational and very relaxed. It lasted for 35-40 mins. My interviewer had a very friendly personality so that really helped calm my nerves.

Now I cannot wait for December 17 to come. I'm strong strongly hoping for an admit.

Best of luck everyone!

Hey Nitish,

Who was your interviewer?

I sent a Thank you note to my interviewer but she hasn't replied back. Don't know how to interpret this.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Send PM
Same here, no reply of the thank you note. But I'm trying not to read too much into it. :?

Quote:
Hey Nitish,

I sent a Thank you note to my interviewer but she hasn't replied back. Don't know how to interpret this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
lav4 wrote:
Same here, no reply of the thank you note. But I'm trying not to read too much into it. :?

Quote:
Hey Nitish,

Same here. Dont read into it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE:Account Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Interviewed with an alumnus in my city. I happened to know her from previous events around the city so it went smoother than most interviews would I assume. I made sure I sent a thank you letter that night.

I remember this specific alumnus mentioning a few months back that she had interviewed a number of great candidates, but a few had not sent thank you letters, which left a sour taste in her mouth. She didn't recommend them for admission accordingly. Don't be those candidates.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
samkhat77 wrote:
Interviewed with an alumnus in my city. I happened to know her from previous events around the city so it went smoother than most interviews would I assume. I made sure I sent a thank you letter that night.

I remember this specific alumnus mentioning a few months back that she had interviewed a number of great candidates, but a few had not sent thank you letters, which left a sour taste in her mouth. She didn't recommend them for admission accordingly. Don't be those candidates.

How long do they have to put in recommendations? Ive been waiting about 48 hours to send my letters on average.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ChefMan wrote:
samkhat77 wrote:

How long do they have to put in recommendations? Ive been waiting about 48 hours to send my letters on average.

Are you asking how long it takes interviewers to report back to the schools's admissions office after the interview???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
samkhat77 wrote:
ChefMan wrote:
samkhat77 wrote:

Are you asking how long it takes interviewers to report back to the schools's admissions office after the interview???

Exactly. If they only have 24 hours, it may seem to them like I didn't send a thank you letter. If they have a week, they'd receive it before they report back.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
I too sent an email, but it wasn't within 24 hours! And I felt it was strange I didn't get response back either.

Now you got me worried too :?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I don't know how long they have to report back to the admission's office, unfortunately. If you send it within 24-48 hours, you're probably fine. If you didn't get a response after sending a thank you letter, don't worry about. Adcoms can be incredibly busy.

Just treat each interview like a job interview and follow up. Admissions is always thinking about how presentable you would be to potential employers and the interview process is certainly part of it.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
Schools: Stern '18 (M)
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
I'd say they would have about three-four business days to submit a feedback. That's the average time. But then again, three-four days may be an upper limit. Some may just submit the feedback say, later that night.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
I had my McCombs interview today. The interview went just fine. All standard questions. In fact I picked up the questions from the forum and prepped them once more, they were exactly the same.

One curve ball was "Did I learn something new about myself while I applied to McCombs?". Didnt have an answer but managed and provided a decent answer. not a great one but for thinking at the spur of the moment I think it was not bad.

All this was fine. one thing that really concerns me is that the interview was done in 25:40 flat. :| Folks should I worry about this? and also how long should I wait before sending a thank you note?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: 2015 Texas MBA Women’s & Diversity Forum Events
This past weekend, the Full-Time Texas MBA program hosted their annual Women’s Forum at the McCombs School of Business here at UT-Austin. This is always an exciting McCombs event and this year’s attendance was strong! 83 potential MBAs had the
opportunity to interact with McCombs faculty and staff, alumni, and current students during a number of information sessions and networking receptions, allowing them to learn more about all aspects of the program and begin to picture themselves as Texas MBAs.

Texas MBA Program Professor, Raji Srinivasan

“It was a wonderful and large group of women, who

were excited to learn about the Texas MBA program, the University of Texas at Austin, and Austin! There was animated discussion about the challenges of coming back to school, especially for women, and issues related to career switching. I enjoyed speaking to them and learning about their career goals and aspirations. This is a great group of prospective MBA students and I look forward to seeing many of them in the fall of next year.”

– Professor Raji Srinivasan

A Global Perspective.
The 2015 Texas MBA Diversity Forum was also this month, on November 14th. McCombs hosted 88 attendees from all over the world and these future MBAs had the opportunity to get to know program staff, faculty, alumni, current students, and each other for a first-hand look at the Texas MBA program.

Highlights from this year included a “Why McCombs?” presentation from Assistant Dean, Tina Mabley, in which she discussed what makes McCombs and the city of Austin stand out, from innovative culture, to beautiful outdoor spaces and a thriving arts and music scene. Attendees also learned about our dynamic student life through interactions with members of McCombs student organizations.

What an incredible day at the #TXMBA 2015 #Women’s Forum. Women from across the world came to experience the #power of getting a #MBA and connected with other females pursuing their #dreams. #whymccombs #ladyboss #changehappenshere #success #career #community #whorunstheworld #girls #ATX

A photo posted by Texas MBA (@utexasmba) on Nov 21, 2015 at 4:58pm PST

If you were not able to attend our Women’s or Diversity Forums this year, check out some of the other events happening on campus this season. We hope to see you soon!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
newfish wrote:
I had my McCombs interview today. The interview went just fine. All standard questions. In fact I picked up the questions from the forum and prepped them once more, they were exactly the same.

One curve ball was "Did I learn something new about myself while I applied to McCombs?". Didnt have an answer but managed and provided a decent answer. not a great one but for thinking at the spur of the moment I think it was not bad.

All this was fine. one thing that really concerns me is that the interview was done in 25:40 flat. :| Folks should I worry about this? and also how long should I wait before sending a thank you note?

I was asked that question too and even I was done in relatively less time (40mins). I think we may have had the same interviewer :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Guys,

I am applying for R2. I have a doubt in the application process. Please help me.

In their website, they have mentioned that "UT-Austin requires transcripts that were issued less than one year ago". I completed my under-graduation about 5 years back. So, now do I need to get new transcripts from my university ?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Other, Finance
Send PM
Shiku wrote:
Guys,

I am applying for R2. I have a doubt in the application process. Please help me.

In their website, they have mentioned that "UT-Austin requires transcripts that were issued less than one year ago". I completed my under-graduation about 5 years back. So, now do I need to get new transcripts from my university ?

Thanks

Tough one. I sent them scanned copies of my transcripts, which I received when I graduated (5 years ago). I've interviewed and no-one from the admission committee mentioned anything, so presumably that's fine. If you're in doubt, just send the Admission Committee an email. Let me know how you go!

Cheers
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts