GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 02:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE: Account Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 14:15
Shiku wrote:
Guys,

I am applying for R2. I have a doubt in the application process. Please help me.

In their website, they have mentioned that "UT-Austin requires transcripts that were issued less than one year ago". I completed my under-graduation about 5 years back. So, now do I need to get new transcripts from my university ?

Thanks

Can't you just reach out to your undergraduate school's registrar to get a new transcript?

If you get accepted into the program, McCombs will ask for an official copy of your transcript from your undergraduate institution anyhow. You might as well just get it now.
Current Student
Concentration: Other, Finance
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 14:18
samkhat77 wrote:
Shiku wrote:
Guys,

I am applying for R2. I have a doubt in the application process. Please help me.

In their website, they have mentioned that "UT-Austin requires transcripts that were issued less than one year ago". I completed my under-graduation about 5 years back. So, now do I need to get new transcripts from my university ?

Thanks

Can't you just reach out to your undergraduate school's registrar to get a new transcript?

If you get accepted into the program, McCombs will ask for an official copy of your transcript from your undergraduate institution anyhow. You might as well just get it now.

Most schools ask for an official copy of transcripts. I don't think McCombs is one of them.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE: Account Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 14:39
ninafromboston wrote:
samkhat77 wrote:
Shiku wrote:
Guys,

Thanks

Most schools ask for an official copy of transcripts. I don't think McCombs is one of them.

You may be right. I can't find the information regarding McCombs asking for official transcripts directly from the institution. You still need to upload the official transcript according to the following application process link:

https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full ... ns/Process
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 20:45
ninafromboston wrote:
Shiku wrote:
Guys,

Thanks

Tough one. I sent them scanned copies of my transcripts, which I received when I graduated (5 years ago). I've interviewed and no-one from the admission committee mentioned anything, so presumably that's fine. If you're in doubt, just send the Admission Committee an email. Let me know how you go!

Cheers

Thanks for your quick response. As you are done with the interview, I will also do the same. Hope your interview went well !!

Sh!ku
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 20:55
samkhat77 wrote:
Shiku wrote:
Guys,

Thanks

Thanks for your response. I can do the thing what you suggested but the problem is that currently I am in United States, far away from my home - India. I can't get it done in quick time.

Sh!ku
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 23:54
I'm Indian.
Applied McCombs in Round 1
GMAT score : 700
Years of Exp: 8yrs by 2016
GPA is 3.5/4.

Not yet got the interview invitations, any clue ?
Intern
Intern
Schools: McCombs '18 (WL)
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.28
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2015, 00:03
rdoppalapoodi wrote:
I'm Indian.
Applied McCombs in Round 1
GMAT score : 700
Years of Exp: 8yrs by 2016
GPA is 3.5/4.

Not yet got the interview invitations, any clue ?

Hi,

It will be very difficult for any of us to suggest anything just by your scores and years of experience.

My personal opinion : Higher GMAT helps and specially for Indian candidates it tends to be on higher side. Having said that, many Indian candidates have received interview invites at scores of 690-700 in this round in the current year. Given that interview completion deadline was 24th November, you should probably wait for the decision notification day where the best you can hope for is being waitlisted. That however isn't a very positive position to be in (Specially at McCombs). Nevertheless, you can still ask people from the admissions committee for a feedback.

Additionally, you still have lot of time for Round 2 of many universities. All the best buddy and don't loose hope
Manager
Manager
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2015, 06:00
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog:

The Texas MBA Program Office will be closed on Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27. We will reopen on Monday, November 30.

Have you planned your visit to McCombs yet? Join us soon for an on-campus event to learn more about the program. Details and registration at TexasMBA.info.

Happy Thanksgiving and we hope to see you soon!
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2015, 08:46
Shiku wrote:
samkhat77 wrote:
Shiku wrote:
Guys,

Thanks

Thanks for your response. I can do the thing what you suggested but the problem is that currently I am in United States, far away from my home - India. I can't get it done in quick time.

Sh!ku

Hi,

I used cleartranscripts.com to get my transcripts from my university in India.

All you need is to pay a little more than usual but they are pretty fast with the process. You don't need to send them directly to the school.

Get yourself one copy and scan it. It's the norm for most of the college apps.

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
The Road to Rowling: Future Home of the Texas MBA Program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2015, 13:00
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: The Road to Rowling: Future Home of the Texas MBA Program
In spring 2013, UT-Austin announced a $25 million pledge from Dallas businessman Robert Rowling, BBA ’76, his wife Terry Hennersdorf Rowling, BBA ’76, and their family to fund the construction of a 458,000-square-foot graduate business building – The new Robert B. Rowling Hall!

Rowling Hall will house the McCombs School of Business graduate programs, including the Texas MBA program. So, future Texas MBAs, here’s how our new home is coming along so far:

The future home of the Texas MBA – Rowling Hall!

The Beginning of Something Big

Construction plans on the future site of the Texas MBA, Rowling Hall, began last fall. The new building, next to the AT&T Executive conference center on the UT-Austin campus, will open in late spring 2017. Rowling Hall will be the “launch pad” for projects between the school’s students & alumni, and the wider Austin community. Stand-out features include thenew active learning classrooms!

Breaking new ground: (left to right) Associate Dean, Eric Hirst, Dean, Tom Gilligan, Robert Rowling, President Powers, and GBC President Maureen McCaffery

Groundbreaking of Rowling Hall

Construction on Rowling officially began on November 7th, 2015.

“Texas MBAs are known for their work ethic. They have established a reputation as leaders, team players…They roll up their sleeves and seek solutions. They take risks and try new things. They make things happen. – Eric Hirst, Dean of the Texas MBA Program

Artist’s rendering of Moontower Cafe

“Meet me at the Moontower Cafe.”

Last fall, McCombs held a contest to name the cafe at Rowling Hall. Students from all six MBA programs responded with 127 submissions. A naming committee narrowed the list until student Mackswell Dickson, MBA ’16, emerged as winner, gaining a one-year tuition scholarship.   Among the attendees to the final announcement were donor Robert B. Rowling and MBA Program Dean, Eric Hirst. The winning name, the Moontower Cafe, was announced by Hirst in an email to all students.

or follow Rowling Hall on Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram.

We’ll see you there in 2017! Hook ‘em!
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 14:15
Has anyone receieved an admission decision yet? Very anxious to hear
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 14:18
kjp4287 wrote:

For Round 1, I don't believe admission decisions will be released until December 17th.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 20:35
kjp4287 wrote:

Like above response, in interview I was told they plan to stay "pretty close" to the 17th... which seems to imply there's a possibility some start going out a tiny bit early, or not and that none go out before 17th, but either way that's not anytime too soon.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2015, 01:34
These are some of the points that I noted from last years thread regarding admit calls:

• Decisions went out on the decision date and not a day before.
  • U.S applicants received phone calls.
  • International students got their decision via e-mail (and not by a phone call) a bit later in the day.
  • Scholarship info went out a day or two after the original decision.

That's all I could figure. Most probably the same pattern should follow, although you can never be too sure.

All the best to everyone on this last stretch of a long journey :)
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 12:15
nitishgera wrote:
These are some of the points that I noted from last years thread regarding admit calls:

• Decisions went out on the decision date and not a day before.
  • U.S applicants received phone calls.
  • International students got their decision via e-mail (and not by a phone call) a bit later in the day.
  • Scholarship info went out a day or two after the original decision.

That's all I could figure. Most probably the same pattern should follow, although you can never be too sure.

All the best to everyone on this last stretch of a long journey :)

I think I saw people starting to hear back on the 17th when the deadline was the 18th last year.
Manager
Manager
Holiday News & Wishes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 11:00
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: Holiday News & Wishes

The last few weeks of 2015 are here!  The Texas MBA program had an awesome fall semester, including our best on-campus events to date, exciting progress on our future home, and rising to #18 in Poets and Quants definitive MBA ranking! We have a few final announcements before we say, “See you in 2016!”:

Holiday Hours
The Texas MBA Program Office will be closed from Wednesday December 23rd, 2015 through Friday, January 1, 2016.  Please contact us – TexasMBA@mccombs.utexas.edu with any questions you anticipate before December 23rd if possible, as we will not be available during closed hours.

Application Deadlines
For many, the holiday break from work can be a great time to sit down and put those final touches on your application.

January 12, 2016 – Texas Full-Time MBA Round 2 Deadline.

March 1, 2016 – Next Round Deadline for all Texas MBA Working Professional Programs. This includes the Texas Evening MBA, the Texas MBA at Dallas/Fort Worth, the Texas MBA at Houston, and the Texas Executive MBA programs.

Upcoming Events
Beginning on December 19th, Texas Full-Time MBA students will be available in cities across the US and other countries to meet you for a casual, candid conversation about life as an MBA student. We strongly encourage you to take this opportunity to get to know our program first-hand and ask any questions you have about the admissions process. Register now for a chat near you!

Don’t forget to plan your spring visit to McCombs to see all the Texas MBA has to offer! Check out our upcoming events webpage to register now and reserve your spot to meet us.

Happy Holidays! See you in 2016!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 01:11
As per last year's thread it seems calls started going out on 12th Dec.. Should we expect something starting Monday?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 09:45
spiceguy wrote:
As per last year's thread it seems calls started going out on 12th Dec.. Should we expect something starting Monday?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Looks like a lot of people started to get calls on the 18th last year, but the year before calls were going out ~a week before the official decision date.

Almost there everyone, good luck!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 14:42
Best of luck everyone! following the last two years' thread, they called US applicants and emailed Internationals. If we are lucky we should start to hear from them starting Monday, otherwise Wednesday if they follow last year's patterns.
Current Student
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 05:40
How do i contact current students? The following page on the website is broken. Its not producing search results. Did anyone else face the same issue?

https://secure.mccombs.utexas.edu/prospect/results.aspx
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! &nbs [#permalink] 14 Dec 2015, 05:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  33    Next  [ 644 posts ] 

Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap