GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 06:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.56
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2016, 11:44
Hey everyone. Just received an interview invite as an early R3 applicant. Deadline isn't until 4/1, but it looks like they have already been reading apps and are sending out early invites! I sent mine in on 3/15.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
WE: Programming (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2016, 14:44
Cassanjj13 wrote:
Hey everyone. Just received an interview invite as an early R3 applicant. Deadline isn't until 4/1, but it looks like they have already been reading apps and are sending out early invites! I sent mine in on 3/15.

Congrats, let us know how it goes.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 03:43
I submitted my application for R3 2 days ago and received an email from a Admissions Advisor to let me know that she is my point of contact throughout the process. How long does it usually take to receive an updated on your application?
And what is this I hear about another 15th march deadline that some people were invited to?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 08:18
Kelly369 wrote:
I submitted my application for R3 2 days ago and received an email from a Admissions Advisor to let me know that she is my point of contact throughout the process. How long does it usually take to receive an updated on your application?
And what is this I hear about another 15th march deadline that some people were invited to?

I think all registered users got an email saying if they apply for round 3 before March 15 the registration fee is waived and they would get preferential dates for interviews. I couldn't do it as I had to leave to India due to an emergency. Not sure on why that date though.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 09:07
Kelly369 wrote:

The benefits of the 3/15 submission are for the evening program only. I had initially misread it and ended up submitting my full-time app early which was fine since the timing worked for me anyway. Here is the relevant part of the generic Georgetown email on Feb 2.

Application Benefits

The following benefits are available to those who apply to the Evening Program by March 15:

1) Application fee waiver ($175 value). Please click here for more information.

2) Priority consideration for interviews and scholarships.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2016, 22:00
Cassanjj13 wrote:
Kelly369 wrote:

The benefits of the 3/15 submission are for the evening program only. I had initially misread it and ended up submitting my full-time app early which was fine since the timing worked for me anyway. Here is the relevant part of the generic Georgetown email on Feb 2.

Application Benefits

The following benefits are available to those who apply to the Evening Program by March 15:

1) Application fee waiver ($175 value). Please click here for more information.

2) Priority consideration for interviews and scholarships.

Thanks! But despite the fact that it was meant for the Evening Program, looks like you still got an early interview invite. Did you receive a fee waiver too? Once you have your interview I would really appreciate it if you would share your experience. Good Luck!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2016, 05:28
Kelly369 - I did not receive a fee waiver. I have scheduled the interview and will definitely let you know how it goes!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2016, 04:35
Hi,

I have a few questions for current students...

1) whats the travel culture like at Georgetown? Are there opportunities for both for-credit and social travel including international travel? Is there a pre-orientation trip?

2) Where do most students live? Do people tend to room with other students from the program, the university or alone?

3) Do you need a car in D.C.?

Thanks!!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2016, 06:43
sagar92 wrote:
Hi,

I have a few questions for current students...

1) whats the travel culture like at Georgetown? Are there opportunities for both for-credit and social travel including international travel? Is there a pre-orientation trip?

2) Where do most students live? Do people tend to room with other students from the program, the university or alone?

Thanks!!

Sagar92 - I've included my input to your questions below. I've lived in DC for a few years...

1) Whats the travel culture like at Georgetown? Are there opportunities for both for-credit and social travel including international travel? Is there a pre-orientation trip?
McDonough offers what they call the Global Business Experience where part-time, full-time and Executive MBAs go abroad (I think twice?) throughout the course of their program. You travel with a small group of your peers to several locations - a friend of mine went to Istanbul and another went to Hong Kong. Beyond those opportunities, I doubt you'll have much free time to do traveling. Not sure what you mean by "travel culture" but as a resident of DC and many of my friends having went to Gtown, it's a very internationally savvy group of people -- you won't struggle to find travel companions for international trips if that's what you're looking for.

Grad students typically choose to live off-campus, either in Adams Morgan (AdMo), West End, or in Dupont Circle. You can live else where too but considering the public transportation to/from Georgetown isn't all that convenient (you basically have one bus route called the Circulator) it's easier to live closer to campus. That being said, a I have a friend that lives in Virginia and just drives into school every day - whatever suits you best.

No - but again, depends where you live. Parking is a pain if you have a car, but because Georgetown isn't the most public transit friendly school it might be nice to have a car when you need it, but parking is difficult and expensive.

Good luck!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2016, 12:49
Has any R3 applicant been contacted for an interview yet? I thought they usually contact candidates about a week after application deadlines, but I applied about a week before the R3 deadline and am getting concerned I've been overlooked for an invite to even interview. This waiting game is the worst.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2016, 13:20
DistrictMBA wrote:
Has any R3 applicant been contacted for an interview yet? I thought they usually contact candidates about a week after application deadlines, but I applied about a week before the R3 deadline and am getting concerned I've been overlooked for an invite to even interview. This waiting game is the worst.

Not for interview but got an email asking for missing docs today. I applied couple of days before R3 Deadline.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 03:23
Hi is there a whatsapp group for admitted students?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Retired Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 530 Q47 V17
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 08:22
sagar92 wrote:

yes ping me ur number
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2016, 08:41
Cassanjj13 wrote:
Kelly369 - I did not receive a fee waiver. I have scheduled the interview and will definitely let you know how it goes!

Hi,
Hope your interview went well! I received an interview invite and have it scheduled for next week. Can you please provide some feedback on your interview experience?

Thanks!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2016, 21:42
RaviChandra wrote:
sagar92 wrote:

yes ping me ur number

I pinged you my number

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2016, 11:07
Kelly369 wrote:
Cassanjj13 wrote:

Hi,
Hope your interview went well! I received an interview invite and have it scheduled for next week. Can you please provide some feedback on your interview experience?

Thanks!

The interview went well. As expected, it was a blind interview. Mine was conducted by a current first year student who was very friendly. The interviewer asked me,
"Why an MBA, why now?" and the rest of the conversation flowed from there. He did ask another question that was a bit of a curve-ball: "Hypothetically, if you are not admitted to Georgetown this year, what is your plan? If you were reapplying in the fall, what would you do differently?" I guess the question is really just trying to assess your weaknesses.

Other than that, very straight-forward and enjoyable. Best of luck!
Director
Director
The Steers Center for Global Real Estate’s unique curriculum,...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2016, 15:01
FROM McDonough Admissions Blog: The Steers Center for Global Real Estate’s unique curriculum,...
The Steers Center for Global Real Estate’s unique curriculum, which includes applied-learning and live
deal underwriting through the Real Estate Clinic, offers students a head start
on their real estate career. Students are able to take this experience to
interviews and demonstrate an understanding that distinguishes them from other
candidates. Full-time MBA student Aaron Bothner used his work as fellow to take
his Georgetown MBA experience to the next level.
I had a litmus test that I used when I was applying to MBA programs: was this program a heavy-hitter? Could it
play the long game? Like every MBA applicant, I wanted to know schools’
employment statistics. But what I really cared about was this: after
graduating, could I see myself developing into a highly successful real estate
investor over a career spanning more than 25 years? For me, that meant two
things: how much could I learn; and whom could I build a relationship with? The
Steers Center for Global Real Estate continues to answer both questions better
than any other real estate program.
How much
could I learn? The four-quadrant classes equip me with the
foundational tools I will need and are taught by dedicated professors of the
practice, such as Ed Walter’s (CEO and
President, Host Hotels & Resorts Inc.) Real
Estate Public Equity class. The
Steers Center’s game changer is the unrivaled opportunity to underwrite live
acquisitions for a global institutional investor, Invesco. While in school, I
have underwritten over 4.5 million SF of real
estate acquisitions totaling over $1.6 billion in value nationwide. This
opportunity is unique to Georgetown McDonough and I found that no other school
could offer that.
Whom Could
I Build a Relationship With? The Steers Center and
Georgetown McDonough’s network is broad, welcoming, and rapidly growing.
Through this network, I found two internships that accelerated what I was
learning in the classroom. I picked the brains of countless alumni and friends
of alumni that I was able to meet through our network or the Steers Center
Executive Committee and Steering Committee.
Indeed, the Steers Center has provided endless opportunities to learn
and meet real estate professionals, including events with industry leaders such
as Jonathan Gray, Global Head of Real Estate, Blackstone Group LP, and Debbie
Harmon, Co-Founder and CEO, Artemis Real Estate Partners, an international real
estate trek to Colombia, Washington, D.C., property tours, a site-based
consulting project in Hong Kong for Cohen & Steers, one-on-one coffee chats
with several real estate professionals, and the
Poland Fellowship, to name a few.
Before I enrolled as a student at the McDonough School of Business, I
was told that I would have all of these experiences.  Now, as a student, I have come to realize
that the Steers Center’s most prestigious attribute is the commitment to
deliver on the promises it makes to students. Integrity, a sense of community, and
excellence define the Georgetown McDonough community and my experience with the
Steers Center for Global Real Estate has upheld all those values impressively.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2016, 03:09
Cassanjj13 wrote:
Kelly369 wrote:
Cassanjj13 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

The interview went well. As expected, it was a blind interview. Mine was conducted by a current first year student who was very friendly. The interviewer asked me,
"Why an MBA, why now?" and the rest of the conversation flowed from there. He did ask another question that was a bit of a curve-ball: "Hypothetically, if you are not admitted to Georgetown this year, what is your plan? If you were reapplying in the fall, what would you do differently?" I guess the question is really just trying to assess your weaknesses.

Other than that, very straight-forward and enjoyable. Best of luck!

Thanks for the info! I had the interview yesterday with Adcom. It was pretty straightforward and I think I did well, although I did feel a little rushed; half hour isn't a whole lot of time to divulge your entire life's story.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2016, 17:13
I had a really strange and unheard experience during my interview. It was a Skype call with and admissions officer and the first 30 minutes went well. But before we hung up I was sent a e-mail with a job description and gave me 15 minutes to write a cover letter. This really got me of my game and not sure what to do of it since I haven't read of anyone that was asked to do this. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2016, 22:44
Kelly369 wrote:

Thanks for the info! I had the interview yesterday with Adcom. It was pretty straightforward and I think I did well, although I did feel a little rushed; half hour isn't a whole lot of time to divulge your entire life's story.

Yes 30 minutes did feel rushed. I guess the interview was to understand how you are as a person, if you would fit well in the class and not to get a list of your achievements.
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 20 Apr 2016, 22:44

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27    Next  [ 526 posts ] 

Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap