GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 14:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 08:42
Accepted!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.46
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 09:03
prateekb1987 wrote:
WL....Damn! :| :roll:

Right there with you on the WL. What do we do now? Did you interview?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 09:16
KRMcNamee wrote:
prateekb1987 wrote:

WL!!
I guess I will have to take another GMAT

Was supposed to be taking one on the 16th but stuck in Canada with my passport in US Embassy, thanks to GMAC guys for refunding the amount but I guess i will be paying a lot bigger price if I am not able to take the test in Time...

Sorry for the Sob story, but hey!! at the very least, WL means that we did get Adcom's attention, which is good!!

Gotta keep the spirits high, for everthing is meant to be the way it is!!

Congrats to all selected and good luck to all waitlisted/future applicants, its a great school!!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 09:19
KRMcNamee wrote:
prateekb1987 wrote:

Sorry to hear about WL decision. Admittedly, I'm no expert, but I offer a couple of observations that I hope serve you well:

Georgetown is a wonderful school and, comfortably, a Top 25 program. That said, Georgetown has one of the lowest enrollment yields of all the top programs that publish such data (~33%). Based on my experience in interacting with the community over the past year (and being admitted this past round), the McDonough crew really do value engagement with their community. Stay patient; try to reach out to staff, students and alumni; and reach out to AdCom with relevant updates to your profile. All of the students and staff I met were more than willing to offer helpful advice and tried to help where they could positively contribute to my candidacy.

While this does not guarantee admission off the waitlist, it does present a realistic opportunity to lobby your way into a great program and a wonderful community. Good luck!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
WE: General Management (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 09:49
BEshgh wrote:
KRMcNamee wrote:
prateekb1987 wrote:

Sorry to hear about WL decision. Admittedly, I'm no expert, but I offer a couple of observations that I hope serve you well:

Georgetown is a wonderful school and, comfortably, a Top 25 program. That said, Georgetown has one of the lowest enrollment yields of all the top programs that publish such data (~33%). Based on my experience in interacting with the community over the past year (and being admitted this past round), the McDonough crew really do value engagement with their community. Stay patient; try to reach out to staff, students and alumni; and reach out to AdCom with relevant updates to your profile. All of the students and staff I met were more than willing to offer helpful advice and tried to help where they could positively contribute to my candidacy.

While this does not guarantee admission off the waitlist, it does present a realistic opportunity to lobby your way into a great program and a wonderful community. Good luck!

Do you think the yield has to do with lack of scholarship offers and the high tuition? Maybe its the extremely high cost of living in DC or a combo of both. I know the Georgetown name carries weight but they cant bank on just that, they are in the upper end of the top 25 and with all the ranking w***** out there and the people they accept will likely get admittance to other top 25 programs might be more inclined to attend a higher ranked program. For me the international focus of the program and location is where its at for me. Its crucial to my MBA training and career.

As for getting off the WL I did NOT have any significant updates to my profile but submitted an additional essay anyways. Took a risk but went over the word count by almost double but I guess it worked out. Really made the case why I was a fit for the program (my initial essay was more of why the program was a fit for me) and and why DC is the city that if I dont go to school in its where I will set down roots. My interview in round 1 was amazing and was shocked to get WL news back in December but very nice to convert to an acceptance. As I look forward I have a tough decision on my hands considering the fact that I dont think $ was offered, but will wait till the official packet arrives.

Sorry for my rant on this thread, I must look like a dog chasing its tail but im in a pickle at the moment.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 12:21
KRMcNamee wrote:
prateekb1987 wrote:

Hey..yeah I was WL after interview. Right now I am looking thru my application with a fine comb and seeing what cud have been the issue... will eventually be writing an essay addressing all such concerns and stressing why it would be a good fit.
Current Student
Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 01:11
hey guys,

Do you have any ideas how easy it is for international students to find a job after McDonough MBA ? Because I come from a country, where even post MBA salary is not enough to pay off the loan for MBA
Current Student
GPA: 3.41

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 20:21
Hey guys, I was admitted without any scholarship. Has any R2 admits received scholarhip? Or are they running out of quota?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 22:01
danbaizhi1990 wrote:
Hey guys, I was admitted without any scholarship. Has any R2 admits received scholarhip? Or are they running out of quota?

Nice I was admitted to same three programs and WL at a few of the same ones. R2 and need to get packet in but letter online did not have an offer so im assuming its a no
Current Student
Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 14:16
leko307 wrote:
hey guys,

Do you have any ideas how easy it is for international students to find a job after McDonough MBA ? Because I come from a country, where even post MBA salary is not enough to pay off the loan for MBA

finding a job in the States with the H1B program is not the easiest. I've done it with an undergrad degree - it depends on the company sponsoring and also yourself... the school assists, but that's about the best that they can do - the risk still stays with you.

DC is a hot bed for govt-based work/consulting etc. Those requires security clearance which you'd probably won't get as an intl.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 01:43
May you have the most blessed holi festival than you ever had.
May it be full of fun,joy and love.
May you be as colorful as the festival itself or even more.
Lets all have lots of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 07:12
danbaizhi1990 wrote:

Danbaizhi1990, I am a R2 admit and received a partial scholarship.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2016, 23:34
Alcort wrote:
danbaizhi1990 wrote:

Nice I was admitted to same three programs and WL at a few of the same ones. R2 and need to get packet in but letter online did not have an offer so im assuming its a no

I requested for reconsideration of scholarship, but the reply was pretty much a "No", so I guess I'm not going to DC.
It's such a coincidence that most our admitted and waitlisted programs overlapped, lol. Have you decided which program to matriculate?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2016, 23:35
getinmba123 wrote:
danbaizhi1990 wrote:

Danbaizhi1990, I am a R2 admit and received a partial scholarship.

Great! Thanks for sharing.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2016, 14:35
danbaizhi1990 wrote:
Alcort wrote:
danbaizhi1990 wrote:

I requested for reconsideration of scholarship, but the reply was pretty much a "No", so I guess I'm not going to DC.
It's such a coincidence that most our admitted and waitlisted programs overlapped, lol. Have you decided which program to matriculate?

For the request for reconsideration, did you call them or sent an email?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.97
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2016, 20:24
I am a R2 applicant admitted with no merit financial aid package. Despite enjoying my experience visiting campus and interacting with students, I am most likely going to matriculate elsewhere (Duke Fuqua).
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.97
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2016, 20:26
ilya49 wrote:
danbaizhi1990 wrote:
Alcort wrote:

For the request for reconsideration, did you call them or sent an email?

I would email so there is an official record. It is also more formal and less likely to put your foot in your mouth by saying something that would sink your chances at getting more $$$.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2016, 20:53
danbaizhi1990 wrote:
Alcort wrote:
danbaizhi1990 wrote:

I have not decided yet. My gut is leaning one way but my wallet is leaning the other with close tot a full ride. It will be quite the difficult decision. I will visit both schools to get a better sense of what each program can offer me, but deep down in my belief the long term the opportunities and doors that will open will pay themselves off and will be worth every penny.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2016, 20:54
blueapple wrote:
I am a R2 applicant admitted with no merit financial aid package. Despite enjoying my experience visiting campus and interacting with students, I am most likely going to matriculate elsewhere (Duke Fuqua).

Yea dont blame ya. Fuqua was the dream and loved every moment I spent on campus. Congrats
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Kelley '18
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 01:07
Accepted! :)
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 27 Mar 2016, 01:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  27    Next  [ 526 posts ] 

Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap