It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 17:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MLT MBA Prep 2019 Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all MLT MBA Prep 2019 Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 14:53
Has anyone been able to get an email response when reaching out? I reached out but have not received any reply.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q40 V45
GPA: 3.45

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 22:53
I can help answer some questions. I am a current MLT fellow.

At least for our year the minimum score that you must achieve on the GMAT is a 650. If you don't hit that then the program makes you get a tutor or take a prep class at your own expense.

The GMAT prep within the program is pretty minimal. You are really expected to be working on that on your own. I think one of the most useful aspects of the program, however, is the accountability. You have monthly check-ins and assignments that you review with your coach and there is a lot of pressure to actively work on improving your GMAT and other aspects of your application. I know personally it's very easy to lose sight of the big picture when you are swamped at work so I think this accountability is key.

If anyone has any more specific questions to ask me, feel free to ask here or PM me!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 04:48
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks, guys! I reached out to them yesterday morning and received a response in the evening. I'm sure their response time is dependent on the complexity of your request.
Intern
Intern
Calling all MLT MBA Prep 2019 Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 13:41
I had a “Final Round - Test registration confirmation” field appear in my application. Has anyone else had this? I submitted my official test score but did indicate I would retake it in March/April.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 16:02
kevinroque10 wrote:
I had a “Final Round - Test registration confirmation” field appear in my application. Has anyone else had this? I submitted my official test score but did indicate I would retake it in March/April.

Hey I have this same exact thing show up on my profile. What is this?

I already took my final GMAT and I'm accepted to the program
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 16:03
mbanyc8

Hey, just sent you a PM
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 17:19
nycguymba wrote:
kevinroque10 wrote:

Hey I have this same exact thing show up on my profile. What is this?

I already took my final GMAT and I'm accepted to the program

Not sure what that is either! Just got accepted also! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 19:47
Hi there,

I applied to MLT MBA Prep round 2 and got an email on the evening of January 12 that I was waitlisted. My GMAT score was well above the 500 required minimum and I submitted two recommendations, so I don't know what type of additional materials I should submit (if any?). I sent them an email today asking for any insight, but I got an automated reply. I'm not sure what else I can/should do to increase my chances of getting accepted. I'm also curious to know when I can expect to hear a decision either way.

Any advice is appreciated!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 20:09
ajc9e wrote:
Hi there,

I applied to MLT MBA Prep round 2 and got an email on the evening of January 12 that I was waitlisted. My GMAT score was well above the 500 required minimum and I submitted two recommendations, so I don't know what type of additional materials I should submit (if any?). I sent them an email today asking for any insight, but I got an automated reply. I'm not sure what else I can/should do to increase my chances of getting accepted. I'm also curious to know when I can expect to hear a decision either way.

Hey, best of luck.

From what i understand final decisions are by Feb 12 or 15 - check their website, they have it online.

What are your stats?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 20:51
This post received
KUDOS
I’m gonna start a WhatsApp group for those accepted if you’re interested PM me your # and I’ll add!

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 21:37
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
It's good to keep in mind that even though applicants think of the decision based on them alone the people who are making the decision are looking at everyone comparatively as a group. So it just might be something about a particularly competitive group or them looking for specific things. Did you get a chance to check out the recommendations before they were submitted? I can tell you that recommendations can be pretty awful sometimes; good ones will really set you apart bad ones will hold you back. I actually worked with a client from BCG Spain who had a 780 GMAT and he was dinged without interview but once I saw his recommendations that told the story. It's important that they tell a story about their interaction with you that addresses the question.

http://MBAPrepCoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 21:41
This post received
KUDOS
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
It's good to keep in mind that even though applicants think of the decision based on them alone the people who are making the decision are looking at everyone comparatively as a group. So it just might be something about a particularly competitive group or them looking for specific things. Did you get a chance to check out the recommendations before they were submitted? I can tell you that recommendations can be pretty awful sometimes; good ones will really set you apart bad ones will hold you back. I actually worked with a client from BCG Spain who had a 780 GMAT and he was dinged without interview but once I saw his recommendations that told the story. It's important that they tell a story about their interaction with you that addresses the question.

Do these letter really have THAT big of an impact on dinging a candidate? Was your client's rec letter negative or just poorly written?

Quite frankly, I'm thinking about asking my old boss to write me a rec letter, but he has terrible writing skills and plus is constantly busy (investment banker life) so might do a poor job.

However, I worked with him very closely (literally day and night) so he knows me very well.
Expert Post
VP
VP
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 00:09
nycguymba wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Do these letter really have THAT big of an impact on dinging a candidate? Was your client's rec letter negative or just poorly written?

Quite frankly, I'm thinking about asking my old boss to write me a rec letter, but he has terrible writing skills and plus is constantly busy (investment banker life) so might do a poor job.

However, I worked with him very closely (literally day and night) so he knows me very well.
It's rare that the letter is actually negative yes, maybe poorly written but honestly the biggest problem is the content itself it's just really not selling the applicant as it could or should.

Its important they tell a story about you that supports a claim about you. specific examples....and not just a bunch of crappy adjectives it's a very different animal than what most people think it is.

Your recommendations are being compared to others, keep that in mind It's identical to you writing a crappy essay.

Give them a quick outline of the example you want them to talk about and ask if they are willing to work openly. If they're not willing to work openly with you then don't put your fate in their hands. I would skywrite this if I could.

Farrell Dyan
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 06:47
nycguymba wrote:
ajc9e wrote:
Hi there,

Hey, best of luck.

From what i understand final decisions are by Feb 12 or 15 - check their website, they have it online.

What are your stats?

Hey, thanks! Good to know re: decision dates.
I work in education/tech, 6 years work experience. I got a 600 (39 Q/33 V). I know I need to re-take to get 650+ (will be my 4th attempt :dazed ), it's just a matter of how helpful of a resource MBA Prep will be if I'm accepted. I believe my recs were good - although I understand it's just a standard questionnaire - so I'm curious what other factors I need to improve/highlight to affect their decision.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 07:02
This post received
KUDOS
Reporting back re: Accelerated Prep Program-- it seems it's a rolling admissions program that'll start in May and is 3x the cost for more 'personalized' and condensed assignments and interactions with a specific coach. You'd only attend the final seminar in July. I don't think I'm going to do it. I rather get started sooner and frankly, the price is offputting considering it's a shorter program. I rather get to work with a coach earlier on and get advice on a couple things sooner than later.

ETA: they gave me a survey link to share with anyone interested in the accelerated program, so DM if it sounds like something you'd like to look into.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 16:22
Has anyone received an admissions decision that applied during the extended deadline that closed on December 4th? I'm just wondering if I'll be looking at an extended notification time frame because of that.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 16:25
I just got in today!! I look forward to meeting you all. I started to get nervous haha.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 16:27
alexis1210 wrote:
I just got in today!! I look forward to meeting you all. I started to get nervous haha.

Congrats!! We have a WhatsApp going, if you see a few comments up on this thread :)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 08:16
I just got accepted this week-- excited to meet everyone!

I can confirm that you can get into MBA Prep without a 650+ GMAT score (I took my first GMAT the week of the MLT deadline without full studying due to life circumstances, plan to do full 2-3 mo. course of studying before retaking). Other areas of your application have to make up for it. My profile:
    3 years work experience-- MBB consulting, then tech startup
    GPA 3.76
    GMAT 600

I submitted my GMAT score on 1/14 and got an acceptance email on 1/17
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.21
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 10:15
Has anyone paid their $1000 deposit yet? I know the deadline is Feb 22nd
Re: Calling all MLT MBA Prep 2019 Applicants   [#permalink] 19 Jan 2018, 10:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 114 posts ] 

Calling all MLT MBA Prep 2019 Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mihir0710

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap