[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "209_school_count"
Calling all NUS MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 : NUS - Page 14
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 21:37 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 21:37
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Schools: NUS '25 (S)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 211
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
For referee links that have expired you will have to contact the admission staff and they will manually trigger it from their side. I did the same and it got resent to my recommender
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 211
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
I have a scholarship essay issue. I am planning to apply to 2 scholarships and explaining fit and how I would pay it forward in 1500 characters is not happening for me. Has anyone faced a similar problem? Is there another way to send the scholarship essay?
Have contacted the school but have not received any replies and really want to submit my application asap as this is the only issue I'm left with
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GPA: 4
Send PM
You can even delete them and reassign. It works
Kelley School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
if they hv asked for 1500 characters then it has to 1500 only. one cant hv an advantage over other person by using some other methodology. one thing i hv understood through these applications is that same story can be presented in 50, 200,300 and 500 words as well. It is all about what you want to highlight and why.
And adcom knows this....so they are not expecting full length stories but just want to see that you hv clarity abt what you will contribute and how.

for eg if you say that I want to opt for electives in marketing management and managerial economics to develop a strategic mindset and understand interdependence of my function with other functions.
Then adcom believes that...and what they will try to see that why would you want to do that. .does that makes sense with your post mba goals..or roles you are eyeing afterwards

so here you need not go into details of how that is going to happen.

I hope this example will help u understand. Best of luck for application

Originally posted by Neverbackdown25 on 11 Jan 2023, 06:25.
Last edited by Neverbackdown25 on 11 Jan 2023, 06:30, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.27
Send PM
Hi, need one clarification - the limit for essays is 350/250 words and/or 3500 characters. So which is it? Do I cap my words or my characters?
Kelley School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Send PM
i think this question wss answered in previous chats.it us 350 words
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.27
Send PM
thanks!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q46 V24
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35 (Online)
GPA: 3.02
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
The instructions say lists out documents that make a complete application. It also says Salary Slip, but there is no separate field where it asks to upload salary slip. Any tips where to add that?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 429
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
yachit wrote:
The instructions say lists out documents that make a complete application. It also says Salary Slip, but there is no separate field where it asks to upload salary slip. Any tips where to add that?

Go to upload documents section and add such file
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 451 [0]
Given Kudos: 725
Schools: NUS '25 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
Goodluck R2 applicants. I’m currently on the waitlist from R1 results and largely free from any other apps, would be glad to help you out with any/all queries, feel free to reach out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Calling all NUS MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
kungfury42 wrote:
Goodluck R2 applicants. I’m currently on the waitlist from R1 results and largely free from any other apps, would be glad to help you out with any/all queries, feel free to reach out.

Hi. Wish you luck and hope that your waitlist converts. Can you share some insights on your interview experience - what went good, what you think went wrong?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Can anyone help to know, How long does it take for the link to get reflected at your recommenders email id?
I added the details some 30 hours back, but the link is not reflected yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Priyanka99 wrote:
Can anyone help to know, How long does it take for the link to get reflected at your recommenders email id? I added the details some 30 hours back, but the link is not reflected yet?

Try sending a reminder email through the application portal. Worked for me.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 451 [0]
Given Kudos: 725
Schools: NUS '25 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
sillybilly wrote:
Hi. Wish you luck and hope that your waitlists converts. Can you share some insights on your interview experience - what went good, what you think went wrong?

Hi, yes surely. My interview was very straight-forward. They asked me a standard set of questions around introducing myself, why MBA, why NUS, strengths and weaknesses, career plans, alternate career plans and so on. I think my interview went very well and they kept giving me positive affirmations throughout, so I don’t think there’s anything that went wrong or something I could’ve done differently. Hence the waitlist acts as a bit of a surprise but I think it’s probably because of coming from an overly represented demographic (yes you guessed that)

A couple of things, however, that did stand out to me were that the NUS interview panel are extremely friendly in conversations, in that they will never put you in a corner or a tough spot and will maintain a very happy and +ve vibe, thereby calming your interview nerves massively. So I would advise that do not over-prepare on your part, you might risk sounding robotic in front of them. Just take it very naturally as it comes (do have few points prepared in your mind for each anticipated question)

Also, the NUS adcomm REALLY REALLY REALLY reads your application. They will remember each and every minute aspect from your essays and other stuff, so make sure you are truly thorough with it. I guess that’s probably it.

Hope this helps a bit, and happy to share my thoughts on any follow-up questions. Feel free to ask.

Originally posted by kungfury42 on 12 Jan 2023, 12:31.
Last edited by kungfury42 on 12 Jan 2023, 12:37, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kungfury42 wrote:
sillybilly wrote:
Hi. Wish you luck and hope that your waitlists converts. Can you share some insights on your interview experience - what went good, what you think went wrong?

Hi, yes surely. My interview was very straight-forward. They asked me a standard set of questions around introducing myself, why MBA, why NUS, strengths and weaknesses, career plans, alternate career plans and so on. I think my interview went very well and they kept giving me positive affirmations throughout, so I don’t think there’s anything that went wrong or something I could’ve done differently. Hence the waitlist acts as a bit of a surprise but I think it’s probably because of coming from an overly represented demographic (yes you guessed that)

A couple of things, however, that did stand out to me were that the NUS interview panel are extremely friendly in conversations, in that they will never put you in a corner or a tough spot and will maintain a very happy and +ve vibe, thereby calming your interview nerves massively. So I would advise that do not over-prepare on your part, you might risk sounding robotic in front of them. Just take it very naturally as it comes (do have few points prepared in your mind for each anticipated question)

Also, the NUS adcomm REALLY REALLY REALLY reads your application. They will remember each and every minute aspect from your essays and other stuff, so make sure you are truly thorough with it. I guess that’s probably it.

Hope this helps a bit, and happy to share my thoughts on any follow-up questions. Feel free to ask.

Thank you for the detailed answer! Just one last question, what's your target post-MBA industry?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools: MBS (A)
Send PM
I had applied last week for R2, and i noticed in the application summary that there was an error (not sure how this happened, portal issue?) in the work ex, where it was reflecting a previous organisation instead of my current organisation for my latest role. I have emailed the adcom to address this issue. But since its been a week, would this have had an impact on my application process?

P.S : can anyone confirm if this is in fact the contact that i need to reach out to?: mba@nus.edu.sg
Kelley School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I had too some issues with my application and I mailed some of my queries twice on this mail id 2 months back but I have not received any reply till date. Speaking from my experience, I am not sure whether that would be useful or not.
Anyways i got an interview invite so I didnt bother much
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16  ...  30