GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 20:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
VP
VP
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 01:57
sourabhsur123 wrote:

Wow Ankur! interesting interview :) One question here. Did they tell you when will they let you know about the final decision?

Nopes ... no discussion about the result date.
From the past experience, it can be anywhere between 4 days to 4 weeks :)

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Student
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 02:21
ankurgupta03 wrote:
sourabhsur123 wrote:

Wow Ankur! interesting interview :) One question here. Did they tell you when will they let you know about the final decision?

Nopes ... no discussion about the result date.
From the past experience, it can be anywhere between 4 days to 4 weeks :)

Oh k... all the best for the results :)

You never lose, until you quit trying!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 00:47
Chances to get into NUS
Hi Ankur
Can you help me with evaluating my profile for NUS/NTU for MBA in 2016 batch.
My profile:
Work ex:2 years
GMAT:670
Graduation: 9.37/10
12th CBSE: 88%
Have taken part in lot of extra curricular activities in school.
Have leadership experience.
College batch 2nd ranker.

Any help will be appreciated.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 20:12
ankurgupta03 and sourabhsur123

Congrats on your KF admit with full Scholarship! Great feat i must add....
All the best with your other open results as well!

Thanks,
VP
VP
B
Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 00:30
ananddas1984 wrote:

Thanks,

Thanks a lot and All the best to you too :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VP
VP
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 00:43
vatsalasingla wrote:
Chances to get into NUS
Hi Ankur
Can you help me with evaluating my profile for NUS/NTU for MBA in 2016 batch.
My profile:
Work ex:2 years
GMAT:670
Graduation: 9.37/10
12th CBSE: 88%
Have taken part in lot of extra curricular activities in school.
Have leadership experience.
College batch 2nd ranker.

Any help will be appreciated.

I am certainly not the right person to evaluate your profile.
Still based on my experience, there has to be an outstanding element in the profile.
With just 2 years of work ex and a 670 GMAT, you need to have amazing application.
The strong GPA will certainly help, but it will depend on how you represent your work ex.

You can get a better assessment here: ask-admission-consultants-124/?fl=menu

Current Student
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 00:59
ananddas1984 wrote:

Thanks,

Thanks a lot Anand! All the best to you too! :)

You never lose, until you quit trying!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 07:44
Hi All,

New here-

Here’s snapshot of my profile-
10th- 86% Maharashtra State Board (2005)
12th -93.13% Maharashtra State Board (2007)
BE Computer Science – Government College of Engineering Aurangabad CGPA- 8.23/10 (2011)
GMAT- 690 AWA 6.0

Work experience- 4.5 years till date. Progressed through various roles, currently Software Engineer but work involves consulting in Air Logistics domain. I have end to end understanding of Air Logistics domain and can present well in application. Based in the UK for last one year.

Extra-Curricular- Participated and won many competitions in Engineering college. Worked for various NGOs in India and in the UK. In the UK, I work for Citizens Advice Bureau as a volunteer on weekends.

Planning to apply to NUS within next few days. Can someone help me with applications? What are my chances of making it to NUS?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 14:14
ankurgupta03 wrote:
abhinavnanda wrote:
Hi Ankur,

How was your interview? Can you share your experience with us?

Hey Abhinav, sorry for the delay. It was quiet an interesting interview taken by 1 ADCOM and 1 Alum.
Below are the questions asked. I may miss the order of one or two questions:

1. Asked about the last year's interview
2. Elevator pitch
3. Questions about my startup. Quiet a lot of them infact. Around 5 - 6 questions. How will you manage while your MBA. About market strategies, about products etc.
4. Questions about my extra curricualrs
5. Again questions about the startup
6. What has improved from the last application
7. My views on any international happening. Talked about Paris attacks.
8. My views about the role of media in the news.
9. Any business leader I would want to meet over a cup of coffee
10. Where would you like to work
11. Questions about GMAT.
12. Why should we take you in 3 sentences.
13. Any questions for us

In all the interview lasted for 35 - 40 minutes.

That's an interesting one Ankur, I have not got an interview call yet. And btw congrats on the KF admit with full scholarship!! That's really something! :) So no point waiting for NUS results now eh? KF it is gonna be right?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2015, 06:33
Hi

Can someone pls help me with the third essay for NUS regarding the problems faced by the community. I am not able to understand what they require.
Are they looking for the problems such as social issues in general or specifically problems related to the business world.

Any help would be appreciated
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2015, 07:17
invinciblelad24 wrote:
Hi

Can someone pls help me with the third essay for NUS regarding the problems faced by the community. I am not able to understand what they require.
Are they looking for the problems such as social issues in general or specifically problems related to the business world.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi,

The question states
"What is the most critical problem facing your organisation or community? What recommendations would you make to deal with this problem?"

In my opinion, better select a community problem where you think you can make a tangible difference - be it any key challenge related to your workplace or any social problem impacting your immediate community. I think the key should be rather than giving a generic response to a generic problem, give specific pointers on what you would do to counter the problem.

In my case, i chose a workplace problem, and elaborated on multi-prong approach to tackle the problem.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2015, 06:11
Guys!! Any idea about when they'll declare the R1 results? Can't take the wait any longer....
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2015, 12:03
jeet14s wrote:
Guys!! Any idea about when they'll declare the R1 results? Can't take the wait any longer....

Hi Jeet14s,

Same here buddy! I just mailed them today asking when can I expect my decision. Lets see what they reply!

Regards
Murtaza
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 23:13
jeet14s wrote:

Hi,

I was interviewed (F2F) on the 4th Of Dec at Mumbai and had been informed that the results would be out in the 1st week of Jan
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 02:09
avinash2506 wrote:
jeet14s wrote:

Hi,

I was interviewed (F2F) on the 4th Of Dec at Mumbai and had been informed that the results would be out in the 1st week of Jan

I am done with second round yesterday. I was told the results will be out in the first week of Jan.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 02:17
Yella wrote:
avinash2506 wrote:
jeet14s wrote:

Hi,

I am done with second round yesterday. I was told the results will be out in the first week of Jan.

NUS has a second round too?? Didn't know that. When have you received the invite and how did the interview go?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 04:19
I received the call first and then a follow-up email about interview details. Interviews were to the point and were not easy for me :) I faltered on a couple of questions.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.47
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 05:38
Hi Everybody,

How hard is the constraint for 300 words viewed by the admissions department?

For the essay - Considering the vision and values of NUS Business School and a typical NUS MBA class, tell us (in 300 words) what makes you a good candidate for admission.

I am finding it hard to get the essay to be wrapped up in 300 words. I am exceeding the count by 88 words.

However, when I try to save the essay it is allowing me to save the essay, as I have not exceeded 3500 characters (which is the other constraint).

Can somebody guide me on whether my application would be disqualified if i exceed the number of words from 300 to 3800 (even If I am within the character count allowed?)

Vijay
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 05:44
svijayaug12 wrote:
Hi Everybody,

How hard is the constraint for 300 words viewed by the admissions department?

For the essay - Considering the vision and values of NUS Business School and a typical NUS MBA class, tell us (in 300 words) what makes you a good candidate for admission.

I am finding it hard to get the essay to be wrapped up in 300 words. I am exceeding the count by 88 words.

However, when I try to save the essay it is allowing me to save the essay, as I have not exceeded 3500 characters (which is the other constraint).

Can somebody guide me on whether my application would be disqualified if i exceed the number of words from 300 to 3800 (even If I am within the character count allowed?)

Vijay

From what i know, staying within 5-10% of word count range suggested for any essay should be OK. However, in your case, exceeding word count by almost 30% looks like a stretch. The admissions team have trained eyes to easily figure out the approx. word count from the length of passage. I can't comment on the disqualification part, however, i do believe that won't be looked upon favorably by Adcom.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2015, 04:31
Hello All,

Can someone please help me with what financial documents should be submitted along with the application to NUS? I am planning to fund my MBA with education loan and some savings. My savings and annual salary do not add up to total cost incurred for MBA. What should I do in this case?
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 24 Dec 2015, 04:31

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18    Next  [ 347 posts ] 

Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap