Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
FROM NYU Stern Admissions Blog: On Being Different
During perhaps the most insightful of his lectures this semester, Professor Scott Galloway highlighted the importance of finding the characteristics that make us unique, and using them to our advantage. Read More
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GBRU wrote:
mohnishzaveri wrote:
Thanks GBRU.

I am in two minds - I have an admit from another M 7 school.Post MBA , I want to do investment management / investment banking in East Coast. As tempting the scholarship is, I am weighing it against a higher ranked school with no schol. Would really appreciate any thoughts on this.

If I were in your position, I would have gone for a better ranked school provided it has better chances of landing you into the industry of your choice.

It is better check the ranking, job placement and networking on investment management / investment banking of these -B-schools; not just M7; Wharton, Booth and Columbia are good on finacial training; and HBS and Stanford are on brand mainly. I won't go to Sloan, Kellog or Tuck for finance focus just because they happen to be in M7.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
TyLi wrote:
GBRU wrote:
mohnishzaveri wrote:
Thanks GBRU.

I am in two minds - I have an admit from another M 7 school.Post MBA , I want to do investment management / investment banking in East Coast. As tempting the scholarship is, I am weighing it against a higher ranked school with no schol. Would really appreciate any thoughts on this.

If I were in your position, I would have gone for a better ranked school provided it has better chances of landing you into the industry of your choice.

It is better check the ranking, job placement and networking on investment management / investment banking of these -B-schools; not just M7; Wharton, Booth and Columbia are good on finacial training; and HBS and Stanford are on brand mainly. I won't go to Sloan, Kellog or Tuck for finance focus just because they happen to be in M7.

If I were in your shoes, going along with TyLi said, I would only leave the scholarship if the M7 that you are talking about is either Wharton or Booth, because those have a great finance training and a good brand name as well. If you know you want to go the ibank/investment management route, I don't think any of the other M7 is worth it. Even Columbia's job placement is very close to NYU and might not be worth it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Schools: Ivey '19 (I)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Ding here! (applied in November round).

Good luck to those who are waiting!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks for weighing in guys.. Really appreciate the opinions..

I have spoken to a few including a Stern current student, she had a similar dilemma (Stern full ride vs M7 ). After speaking to her, I feel Stern is very hard to ignore...They have fantastic placements in IM/IB and I really liked the vibe when I visited the campus...In terms of reputation for finance , Stern is definitely a heavy hitter on East coast...that is where I see myself post MBA...

I think I will take the money on the table...
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern '18 (S)
Send PM
malevg wrote:

Sorry to hear that... Mine has been under review forever, and still nothing, so I am basically expecting a ding too since R3 is already getting invited to interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 630 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
stern2018 wrote:
malevg wrote:

Sorry to hear that... Mine has been under review forever, and still nothing, so I am basically expecting a ding too since R3 is already getting invited to interviews.

Same here Stern2018. Under review since forever.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Hello everyone,

R3 applicant here...

I have a question around official GMAT report..this is shown as awaiting on my profile while application status has changed to 'under review'.

The thing is my score report was submitted as it was 1 of the 4 schools I had chosen when I took my GMAT in 2013!

Anyone else had this issue? What should I do?

I have emailed mba.com. Should I email adcom?

Help is much appreciated!!! :) :) :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Dewdrops22 wrote:
Hello everyone,

R3 applicant here...

I have a question around official GMAT report..this is shown as awaiting on my profile while application status has changed to 'under review'.

The thing is my score report was submitted as it was 1 of the 4 schools I had chosen when I took my GMAT in 2013!

I would definitely email adcom. Even though your GMAT score is valid for 5 years, I have no idea how long any admissions committee keeps scores for applicants that didn't apply the year their score was submitted.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern '18 (S)
Send PM
kenturner wrote:
stern2018 wrote:
malevg wrote:

Same here Stern2018. Under review since forever.

I applied for Berkley Scholars, so I am not sure if there is a different process when it comes to those applications or they are just waiting until the 15th to ding me
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
ch88 wrote:
Dewdrops22 wrote:
Hello everyone,

R3 applicant here...

I would definitely email adcom. Even though your GMAT score is valid for 5 years, I have no idea how long any admissions committee keeps scores for applicants that didn't apply the year their score was submitted.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot. I have emailed them now. Hopefully can get this sorted soon. I did check on their GMAT criteria and it said 5 years. So lets see...
Congrats on the admit btw. :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
While on the topic of GMAT score reports, I am facing a rather difficult issue - I recently noticed that the undergraduate GPA in my GMAT score report is misreported (I dont know how - some error perhaps? ) Do schools look at the GPAs from the GMAT score report or from their application forms ? - the two will surely not match. Should I let the schools know about the error?
GMAC said they cannot help in this issue as the score reports have already been sent to the schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has any R2 international applicant received an interview invite yet?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
Schools: Stern '18 (M)
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
mohnishzaveri wrote:
Thanks for weighing in guys.. Really appreciate the opinions..

I have spoken to a few including a Stern current student, she had a similar dilemma (Stern full ride vs M7 ). After speaking to her, I feel Stern is very hard to ignore...They have fantastic placements in IM/IB and I really liked the vibe when I visited the campus...In terms of reputation for finance , Stern is definitely a heavy hitter on East coast...that is where I see myself post MBA...

I think I will take the money on the table...

if you REALLY want to go for i-banking in the Big Apple, go Stern. Believe me on this. A lot of people I know chose Stern over a few M7 schools, including Columbia. If you want to opt consulting, I'd say go ahead and go to that M7.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM NYU Stern Admissions Blog: Insights into the Winter Break of an MBA2
Hey everyone, It has been a while since I last posted, but it was for good reason…I was on my MBA2 winter break! The second-year winter break during business school Read More
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Invited for Interview an hour ago...
R2 applicant. Indian based out of Dubai. I will opt for the off campus interview in India.

R2 applicants, there is hope! I had almost written off NYU and then I received the mail today.
Intern
Intern
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
R2 Applicant.

After complete radio silence till day before, I dropped the Ad Com a mail, and got an update that I'm on the Wait list.

For Background: Indian, GMAT 720, 4.5 years of work ex, Predominantly Marketing, Currently a Manager at Large Global Startup.

Would appreciate any info on the odds or what's required at this stage to convert.

Congrats to those who made it and best of luck to the rest.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts