GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 18:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 09:21
Thanks GBRU.

I am in two minds - I have an admit from another M 7 school.Post MBA , I want to do investment management / investment banking in East Coast. As tempting the scholarship is, I am weighing it against a higher ranked school with no schol. Would really appreciate any thoughts on this.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '18 (D)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 09:57
mohnishzaveri wrote:
Thanks GBRU.

I am in two minds - I have an admit from another M 7 school.Post MBA , I want to do investment management / investment banking in East Coast. As tempting the scholarship is, I am weighing it against a higher ranked school with no schol. Would really appreciate any thoughts on this.

If I were in your position, I would have gone for a better ranked school provided it has better chances of landing you into the industry of your choice.
Current Student
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 10:01
mohnishzaveri wrote:
Thanks GBRU.

M7 admit is definitely a massive thing! I too will be matriculating from M7 school and thus had dropped the idea of applying to Stern in R3. I understand the full ride might be difficult to be matched but the long term benefit of matriculating from an M7 school will more than compensate the short term benefit of a full ride.
Manager
Manager
On Being Different  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 12:00
FROM NYU Stern Admissions Blog: On Being Different
During perhaps the most insightful of his lectures this semester, Professor Scott Galloway highlighted the importance of finding the characteristics that make us unique, and using them to our advantage. Read More
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 12:00
GBRU wrote:
mohnishzaveri wrote:
Thanks GBRU.

If I were in your position, I would have gone for a better ranked school provided it has better chances of landing you into the industry of your choice.

It is better check the ranking, job placement and networking on investment management / investment banking of these -B-schools; not just M7; Wharton, Booth and Columbia are good on finacial training; and HBS and Stanford are on brand mainly. I won't go to Sloan, Kellog or Tuck for finance focus just because they happen to be in M7.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 12:16
TyLi wrote:
GBRU wrote:
mohnishzaveri wrote:
Thanks GBRU.

It is better check the ranking, job placement and networking on investment management / investment banking of these -B-schools; not just M7; Wharton, Booth and Columbia are good on finacial training; and HBS and Stanford are on brand mainly. I won't go to Sloan, Kellog or Tuck for finance focus just because they happen to be in M7.

If I were in your shoes, going along with TyLi said, I would only leave the scholarship if the M7 that you are talking about is either Wharton or Booth, because those have a great finance training and a good brand name as well. If you know you want to go the ibank/investment management route, I don't think any of the other M7 is worth it. Even Columbia's job placement is very close to NYU and might not be worth it.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Ivey '19 (I)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.82

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 13:45
Ding here! (applied in November round).

Good luck to those who are waiting!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 20:54
Thanks for weighing in guys.. Really appreciate the opinions..

I have spoken to a few including a Stern current student, she had a similar dilemma (Stern full ride vs M7 ). After speaking to her, I feel Stern is very hard to ignore...They have fantastic placements in IM/IB and I really liked the vibe when I visited the campus...In terms of reputation for finance , Stern is definitely a heavy hitter on East coast...that is where I see myself post MBA...

I think I will take the money on the table...
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern '18 (S)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 07:01
malevg wrote:

Sorry to hear that... Mine has been under review forever, and still nothing, so I am basically expecting a ding too since R3 is already getting invited to interviews.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 630 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 07:22
stern2018 wrote:
malevg wrote:

Sorry to hear that... Mine has been under review forever, and still nothing, so I am basically expecting a ding too since R3 is already getting invited to interviews.

Same here Stern2018. Under review since forever.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.56

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 07:28
Hello everyone,

R3 applicant here...

I have a question around official GMAT report..this is shown as awaiting on my profile while application status has changed to 'under review'.

The thing is my score report was submitted as it was 1 of the 4 schools I had chosen when I took my GMAT in 2013!

Anyone else had this issue? What should I do?

I have emailed mba.com. Should I email adcom?

Help is much appreciated!!! :) :) :)
Current Student
Schools: Stern '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 07:53
Dewdrops22 wrote:
Hello everyone,

R3 applicant here...

I have a question around official GMAT report..this is shown as awaiting on my profile while application status has changed to 'under review'.

The thing is my score report was submitted as it was 1 of the 4 schools I had chosen when I took my GMAT in 2013!

I would definitely email adcom. Even though your GMAT score is valid for 5 years, I have no idea how long any admissions committee keeps scores for applicants that didn't apply the year their score was submitted.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern '18 (S)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 08:22
kenturner wrote:
stern2018 wrote:
malevg wrote:

Same here Stern2018. Under review since forever.

I applied for Berkley Scholars, so I am not sure if there is a different process when it comes to those applications or they are just waiting until the 15th to ding me
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.56

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 09:35
ch88 wrote:
Dewdrops22 wrote:
Hello everyone,

R3 applicant here...

I would definitely email adcom. Even though your GMAT score is valid for 5 years, I have no idea how long any admissions committee keeps scores for applicants that didn't apply the year their score was submitted.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot. I have emailed them now. Hopefully can get this sorted soon. I did check on their GMAT criteria and it said 5 years. So lets see...
Congrats on the admit btw. :-D
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 23:23
While on the topic of GMAT score reports, I am facing a rather difficult issue - I recently noticed that the undergraduate GPA in my GMAT score report is misreported (I dont know how - some error perhaps? ) Do schools look at the GPAs from the GMAT score report or from their application forms ? - the two will surely not match. Should I let the schools know about the error?
GMAC said they cannot help in this issue as the score reports have already been sent to the schools.
Intern
Intern
Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 00:15
Has any R2 international applicant received an interview invite yet?
Current Student
Schools: Stern '18 (M)
GPA: 3.62

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 00:53
mohnishzaveri wrote:
Thanks for weighing in guys.. Really appreciate the opinions..

I have spoken to a few including a Stern current student, she had a similar dilemma (Stern full ride vs M7 ). After speaking to her, I feel Stern is very hard to ignore...They have fantastic placements in IM/IB and I really liked the vibe when I visited the campus...In terms of reputation for finance , Stern is definitely a heavy hitter on East coast...that is where I see myself post MBA...

I think I will take the money on the table...

if you REALLY want to go for i-banking in the Big Apple, go Stern. Believe me on this. A lot of people I know chose Stern over a few M7 schools, including Columbia. If you want to opt consulting, I'd say go ahead and go to that M7.
Manager
Manager
Insights into the Winter Break of an MBA2  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 09:00
FROM NYU Stern Admissions Blog: Insights into the Winter Break of an MBA2
Hey everyone, It has been a while since I last posted, but it was for good reason…I was on my MBA2 winter break! The second-year winter break during business school Read More
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 14:17
Invited for Interview an hour ago...
R2 applicant. Indian based out of Dubai. I will opt for the off campus interview in India.

R2 applicants, there is hope! I had almost written off NYU and then I received the mail today.
Intern
Intern
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 01:32
R2 Applicant.

After complete radio silence till day before, I dropped the Ad Com a mail, and got an update that I'm on the Wait list.

For Background: Indian, GMAT 720, 4.5 years of work ex, Predominantly Marketing, Currently a Manager at Large Global Startup.

Would appreciate any info on the odds or what's required at this stage to convert.

Congrats to those who made it and best of luck to the rest.
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 12 Feb 2016, 01:32

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  33    Next  [ 648 posts ] 

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap