It is currently 24 Feb 2018, 21:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 09:18
I don't think we have heard of any new R3 invites being sent by Stern this week?

I wrote to the Ad Com regarding a specific query and got an automated reply that the school will be closed starting 12th Feb and will reopen on 16th Feb, in observance of the President's Day holiday. So I suppose its going to be a longer wait!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 13:44
This post received
KUDOS
Invitation to interview! I applied two hours before the R3 deadline (Jan 15, 2016), so kudos to Stern Ad Com for their quick processing and efficiency! I am so happy right now :)
Intern
Intern
Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 14:10
I applied before the R3 deadline, and just got invited to interview for the Summer Start Program. If admitted, I'll be enrolling in the Fall full time program as well. School website says the program is designed for people who are either older or non-traditional applicants.

Does anyone know anything about this Summer Start Program? Is there an advantage of doing such interview? If I decline, I believe I'll still be considered for regular review.

Last edited by iceboat123 on 16 Feb 2016, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 14:10
This post received
KUDOS
Midnight_express wrote:
Invitation to interview! I applied two hours before the R3 deadline (Jan 15, 2016), so kudos to Stern Ad Com for their quick processing and efficiency! I am so happy right now :)

Congrats. I envy you. NYC is the second city (after our current Chicago) my wife and I would love to go to school in.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.49

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 14:42
This post received
KUDOS
Midnight_express wrote:

That's great news congrats!!! That's a very speedy turn around time. I applied on 2/3 and my app has been under review since 2/5 so I'm hoping for a quick response like you! Good luck in the interview!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '20 (D)
GPA: 3
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 20:28
Guys, what is this video that people keep referring to? I am hoping it refers to their respective submissions for the Personal Expression essay...is it or did i submit an incomplete application? (Apologies for being unaware - maybe its just the nerves now)
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 20:59
Flameboy wrote:
Guys, what is this video that people keep referring to? I am hoping it refers to their respective submissions for the Personal Expression essay...is it or did i submit an incomplete application? (Apologies for being unaware - maybe its just the nerves now)

Yes it's their personal expression essay submission. No worries as you could have submitted a written essay or video format, your choice.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 23:43
Flameboy wrote:

If you applied thru the consortium as I did, you weren't required to do it. I myself found out about it thru reading on here. i called them and they said it was optional, but not required for consortium applicants.
Cheers
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Stern '18 (S)

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 06:28
iceboat123 wrote:
I applied before the R3 deadline, and just got invited to interview for the Summer Start Program. If admitted, I'll be enrolling in the Fall full time program as well. School website says the program is designed for people who are either older or non-traditional applicants.

Does anyone know anything about this Summer Start Program? Is there an advantage of doing such interview? If I decline, I believe I'll still be considered for regular review.

Is the Summer Start meant for applicants who may have a lower GPA or a limited quant background? Wondering if it would be wise to decline the summer start, I would imagine that they put people on Summer Start for a good reason and if you decline wouldn't that put you at a serious disadvantage?
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V40

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 09:49
This post received
KUDOS
Admitted!

Submitted: 11/15
Interviewed: 2/4
Admitted: 2/17
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '20 (D)
GPA: 3
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 05:58
jvh42 wrote:
Flameboy wrote:

Yes it's their personal expression essay submission. No worries as you could have submitted a written essay or video format, your choice.

Yes, I went with a written piece. Thanks and the best to you!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 07:53
Received the Invite a few minutes back!
Indian applicant; corporate finance background; submitted an hour before the R3 deadline.

Best of luck everyone! Hold tight!

Last edited by lohiaabhi on 18 Feb 2016, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 07:56
Received an invite 30 mins back.

Indian Applicant. Tech Background. Requested for an off-site interview in India. Submitted on deadline day R3.

WooHoo! :)

All the best to other applicants!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 07:56
Removed post

Last edited by Anon543212345 on 09 May 2016, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 08:02
gagaga wrote:
I keep refreshing my email and Clear Admit. Submitted my app a few days before the R3 deadline and the Application Status has been Under Review for about 2 weeks now. From looking at last year's thread, people were still hearing back early March but can't help freaking out. :scared

I've been doing the same! I applied on Feb. 3rd and my Application Status went to "Under Review" on Feb 5th. I'm anxious as well and don't like the fact that I can be waiting for another few weeks! Guess I'll have to wait until after all the Round 3 invites are sent before my app even gets reviewed or I get an invite, but I'm optimistic.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 08:18
jvh42 wrote:
gagaga wrote:
I keep refreshing my email and Clear Admit. Submitted my app a few days before the R3 deadline and the Application Status has been Under Review for about 2 weeks now. From looking at last year's thread, people were still hearing back early March but can't help freaking out. :scared

I've been doing the same! I applied on Feb. 3rd and my Application Status went to "Under Review" on Feb 5th. I'm anxious as well and don't like the fact that I can be waiting for another few weeks! Guess I'll have to wait until after all the Round 3 invites are sent before my app even gets reviewed or I get an invite, but I'm optimistic.

I'm on the same boat... my stats pointed me to be hearing news by this week... my video has been seen last week... app under review for a couple of weeks... and still no news...
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 08:29
Received email invitation to interview today at 10:28 AM EST. Applied day of Round 3 deadline.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 08:39
Whats the advice o n on-campus interview vs. off-site interview?
Will choosing an off-site interview reduce my chances?
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 08:49
lohiaabhi wrote:
Whats the advice o n on-campus interview vs. off-site interview?
Will choosing an off-site interview reduce my chances?

Haven't thought of that at all...

I guess it shouldn't matter much after all it is not possible for everyone to attend from India... But definitely if you choose to attend in NY then you show more commitment.

Btw Just scheduled an interview for 14th March at Mumbai..

Heads up from the offsite scheduling link in India... I could see ~9-10 slots available.... for 14-16th March... I took one so ~8-9 remaining.. ! Good luck..
Manager
Manager
Block 2, I Love You [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 09:00
FROM NYU Stern Admissions Blog: Block 2, I Love You
When you first start business school, you can’t necessarily comprehend the extent to which you will bond with your classmates and your blockmates in particular. It has now been five Read More
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Block 2, I Love You   [#permalink] 18 Feb 2016, 09:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  33    Next  [ 648 posts ] 

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap