GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jul 2018, 12:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q43 V46
GPA: 3.28
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 08:25
In! I just got the call a few minutes ago. US east coast.

Good luck to all!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 08:47
Juliostar wrote:
In! I just got the call a few minutes ago. US east coast.

Good luck to all!!

Many congrats.... I think some of the people withdrawing their offers is opening up the slots for others!!!

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 14:51
Anyone else got any news? Any waitlisted?
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 21:15
tcmf wrote:
Anyone else got any news? Any waitlisted?

i think waitlisted and rejects go out Friday, 15th May
Intern
Intern
Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 13:27
Waitlisted and invited to off campus or Skype interviews. I accepted the waitlist but not sure if it's worth it. Was rejected at 2 M7s R2 and this is my 3rd app. We'll see.

By the way I find it super weird that I was waitlisted without having been invited to interview before. I suppose that puts me behind those who got invited to interview the first time then got waitlisted.

Oh well!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Economics, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.41

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 13:47
youngdude wrote:
Waitlisted and invited to off campus or Skype interviews. I accepted the waitlist but not sure if it's worth it. Was rejected at 2 M7s R2 and this is my 3rd app. We'll see.

By the way I find it super weird that I was waitlisted without having been invited to interview before. I suppose that puts me behind those who got invited to interview the first time then got waitlisted.

Oh well!

3rd round decisions were released?
I am on the waitlist, but I did not get any decision yet....
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 13:57
Round 3 decisions were posted at noon today, but they said on the blog that waitlist is on a rolling basis through June and potentially beyond.

Youngdude, they were waitlisting people with and without interviews in earlier rounds too. Not clear to me if one group is ahead of or behind the other. It's at least not a bad sign that you've been invited to interview.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 14:16
kongdal2000 wrote:
youngdude wrote:

Oh well!

"The majority of decisions on waitlisted applicants will occur in May and June. U.S. applicants will remain in consideration until August 15. International applicants will be considered until July 1, due to visa processing requirements."

That's from the website. So I suppose those in the US can wait up to till August to know for sure. Although I'd guess if you aren't in by June then it's over.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Economics, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.41

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 14:28
youngdude wrote:
kongdal2000 wrote:
youngdude wrote:

Oh well!

"The majority of decisions on waitlisted applicants will occur in May and June. U.S. applicants will remain in consideration until August 15. International applicants will be considered until July 1, due to visa processing requirements."

That's from the website. So I suppose those in the US can wait up to till August to know for sure. Although I'd guess if you aren't in by June then it's over.

I almost give up to off on the waitlist.

Actually, about 10 days ago, I got an e-mail that an admission director liked my application and asked me still interesting about Ross?
However, after replying, I did not get any decision....

Getting that kind of email is typical?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE: Other (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 22:44
International candidate...I also got on the waitlist yesterday and the text said that I need to accept the waitlist by 20th March 2015 and not 20th May 2015. :lol:
I am surprised they put people in waitlist without interview :shock:
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 23:00
MBAspirant2015 wrote:
International candidate...I also got on the waitlist yesterday and the text said that I need to accept the waitlist by 20th March 2015 and not 20th May 2015. :lol:
I am surprised they put people in waitlist without interview :shock:

I'm absolutely surprised that I got waitlisted without having been invited for an interview till I was waitlisted.

I said in a previous post that I'm presumably behind those who got interviewed THEN waitlisted. I still think I'm objectively behind them, BUT I think an advantage I have is that through the interview, I can bring something they haven't seen before to sway the waitlist decision. So we'll see!

Best of luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2015, 08:14
Alum vs Skype? Any preference there for interview or not really? Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.44

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2015, 08:24
Hey everyone,
Just wanted some clarity on the interview process.Any advice on which one of the two options is better for the interview-In person with a Ross Alumnus or Skype interview with a current MBA student? I live in Bangalore,India so if I take the option of an interview with an alumnus, will it be scheduled in the same city? Also, if you guys could post some of your interview experiences, it would be great. Honestly, I wasn't expecting an invite since it's mid-May already, but it came as a pleasant surprise last night.
Thanks guys!
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
GPA: 3.77
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2015, 21:29
deeptikoshy wrote:
Hey everyone,
Just wanted some clarity on the interview process.Any advice on which one of the two options is better for the interview-In person with a Ross Alumnus or Skype interview with a current MBA student? I live in Bangalore,India so if I take the option of an interview with an alumnus, will it be scheduled in the same city? Also, if you guys could post some of your interview experiences, it would be great. Honestly, I wasn't expecting an invite since it's mid-May already, but it came as a pleasant surprise last night.
Thanks guys!

In person interviews are always much better then skype.
for interview questions you may want to scroll this thread back and forth and find interview reports/questions posted by other members.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.44

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2015, 22:39
Great thanks! :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2015, 08:14
In person is definitely better than Skype. Less awkward.

As for the interview, I went to campus and interviewed with a 2nd year MBA student, so it might be a little different with an alum. But the adcom directors stressed before the interviews, as long as you can clearly get across why MBA, and especially, why Ross in particular, you should do well.
Intern
Intern
WE: Other (Insurance)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 19:24
Juliostar wrote:
In person is definitely better than Skype. Less awkward.

As for the interview, I went to campus and interviewed with a 2nd year MBA student, so it might be a little different with an alum. But the adcom directors stressed before the interviews, as long as you can clearly get across why MBA, and especially, why Ross in particular, you should do well.

def talk about MAP and how that fits into your goals / will make you a better leader! also if you can share very specific tidbits about the ross mba experience and how that differs from other schools i think that helps. if you read soojin's blog one of the earlier entries mentioned their selection criteria and one of them was "go blue"-ishness. i have a pretty ordinary profile and was admitted with $40k scholarship sooo i think that strategy worked for me : ). good luck!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Sales (Other)

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 19:30
Surprised no one's talking about the Dean quitting..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 20:16
revul wrote:
Surprised no one's talking about the Dean quitting..

Nothing to say. Godspeed. She's done a good job, although she won't be remembered like Paul Danos will. And with the next dean, UMich has a great opportunity to further boost Ross' image and rankings position.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 22:16
deeptikoshy wrote:
Hey everyone,
Thanks guys!

I have a not so good experience with In-person interview. So it is same for both I guess. I got a straight reject post Interview. I actually flew to Delhi for Team exercise and In person interview. Ross actually overbooked one of the alum so much so that he cancelled my slot last moment and I actually had to force another alum to take my interview as I went to Delhi for both the interview and team exercise.

It didn't work out for me. Hope it works out for you.

All the best.

P.S. I am also from Bangalore

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 18 May 2015, 22:16

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58    Next  [ 1160 posts ] 

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap