It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 12:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 39 [1], given: 0

Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 18:13
This post received
KUDOS
This is going to make me sound like an ass and an elitist, but also consider Ser610's profile. 700+ GMAT, 3.9 GPA, 6+ years experience at a global company, and I'm going to assume he/she has got outstanding essays.

That is a rock star profile. That goes to the top of the list.

Yes Leigh might have been touring South America, but with her very limited time she's only going to pick the top profiles; she's definitely not interviewing by who applied first.

Had Ser610 applied earlier, they might even have been invited to some Rotman events to get them to come to Rotman.

Also, I apologize for not knowing this: do international applications close earlier than Canadian applications? Round 5 is still in June...

Kudos [?]: 39 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q41 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 3: 690 Q43 V41
GPA: 2.3
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 18:34
jigglypuff wrote:
This is going to make me sound like an ass and an elitist, but also consider Ser610's profile. 700+ GMAT, 3.9 GPA, 6+ years experience at a global company, and I'm going to assume he/she has got outstanding essays.

Yes Leigh might have been touring South America, but with her very limited time she's only going to pick the top profiles; she's definitely not interviewing by who applied first.

Had Ser610 applied earlier, they might even have been invited to some Rotman events to get them to come to Rotman.

Also, I apologize for not knowing this: do international applications close earlier than Canadian applications? Round 5 is still in June...

Is it too late for International Applicants to submit applications ? I had to delay mine due to health issues but shall finish it in a day or two. Any idea about this ?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 610 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.84
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2017, 07:36
For those that have been admitted, what are the next steps? i.e. payment of initial deposit and all.... It seems Rotman is still bugged-down with a lot of applications, as I am yet to receive subsequent instructions.

I'll really appreciate some insights!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Concentration: General Management, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2017, 16:44
Urnamaster13 wrote:
jigglypuff wrote:

Is it too late for International Applicants to submit applications ? I had to delay mine due to health issues but shall finish it in a day or two. Any idea about this ?

You should write the recruitment staff who are in charge of your country to ask whether you can apply after round 3 deadline. On Rotman website, it is written that all international applicants should apply before the deadline of round 3 (27 Feb) due to the time for visa processing. However, if your application is outstanding, I think you still have a chance.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2017, 19:00
King632 wrote:
For those that have been admitted, what are the next steps? i.e. payment of initial deposit and all.... It seems Rotman is still bugged-down with a lot of applications, as I am yet to receive subsequent instructions.

My admission into the program was first offered via a phone call by my interviewer, then confirmed via email the next day by that same interviewer, and re-confirmed by an admissions package mailed to me a few weeks later (I think it was two weeks for me) with all the instructions included therein, along with expectations, financial support information, etc.

How long would it take for a package to be mailed from Toronto to you? If you've been waiting longer than that, I might give them a call. Not email, call them and ask to speak with someone, preferably your interviewer, since at this point an offer has been made and there's very little risk of you ruining your chance of admission since you're past that point.

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 610 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.84

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 09:52
jigglypuff wrote:
King632 wrote:

My admission into the program was first offered via a phone call by my interviewer, then confirmed via email the next day by that same interviewer, and re-confirmed by an admissions package mailed to me a few weeks later (I think it was two weeks for me) with all the instructions included therein, along with expectations, financial support information, etc.

How long would it take for a package to be mailed from Toronto to you? If you've been waiting longer than that, I might give them a call. Not email, call them and ask to speak with someone, preferably your interviewer, since at this point an offer has been made and there's very little risk of you ruining your chance of admission since you're past that point.

Thanks Jigglypuff. I called yesterday and was asked to wait till I receive the admissions package. I just hope it doesn't take too long.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 22:57
I submitted my application on Feb 27 and have not heard back from them since then - not even a mail stating that application is submitted. Any one who applied in same round and has heard back?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 23:12
combat2016 wrote:
I submitted my application on Feb 27 and have not heard back from them since then - not even a mail stating that application is submitted. Any one who applied in same round and has heard back?

I got a mail stating the missing items. No communication after actually uploading the said items.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 4

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2017, 05:51
This post received
KUDOS
jubinarora wrote:
combat2016 wrote:

I got a mail stating the missing items. No communication after actually uploading the said items.

I never got any email actually. However I can see that my application is complete on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 4

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 3

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q38 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2017, 10:01
This post received
KUDOS
Just got an email for an interview with Rotman! Wish me luck peeps!

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 3

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2017, 10:26
gtg272f wrote:
Just got an email for an interview with Rotman! Wish me luck peeps!

It seems to be a good day for you! Congrats and all the best! U applied for R2 or R3?

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: General Management, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2017, 10:32
combat2016 wrote:

I applied on 27 Feb and just received an invitation to interview.

I have not received any email confirming about the submit of application either. Only the receipt of application fee payment and email about missing document. However, in your online account you will find that your application was submitted.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q38 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2017, 10:36
combat2016. I applied for R2 just a few days before the end of Feb deadline.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2017, 12:49
Just wondering, for those who got an email confirming application submit, who did it come from?

Mine came from Dimitra. Just wondering if each application is assigned to someone different or something. I was in touch with Dimitra since October of last year until I submitted my application.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 32

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2017, 13:24
DealMonkey wrote:
Just wondering, for those who got an email confirming application submit, who did it come from?

Mine came from Dimitra. Just wondering if each application is assigned to someone different or something. I was in touch with Dimitra since October of last year until I submitted my application.

I also got mine from Dimitra and I was also in touch with her since October of last year... haha.

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2017, 13:36
Rookie84 wrote:
DealMonkey wrote:

I also got mine from Dimitra and I was also in touch with her since October of last year... haha.

Interesting..haha. Did you get any reply at all so far? Request for interview or anything?
I mean I haven't been outright rejected yet, or even waitlisted..so maybe it is just delays.

Anyway it's not too big a deal for me right now. I'm heavily leaning toward Ivey anyway and I still need to finish their application.

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Strategy, General Management

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2017, 13:51
DealMonkey wrote:
Rookie84 wrote:
DealMonkey wrote:

Interesting..haha. Did you get any reply at all so far? Request for interview or anything?
I mean I haven't been outright rejected yet, or even waitlisted..so maybe it is just delays.

Anyway it's not too big a deal for me right now. I'm heavily leaning toward Ivey anyway and I still need to finish their application.

I applied on R2 deadline and it's been dead silence since. No reply to an e-mail inquiry I sent a few weeks back. My offer deadline for McGill and Schulich came up so I had to make a decision, and I decided to go to McGill for now as I prefer their program over Schulich and I was offered a sizable scholarship. I am still willing to see what kind of offer I can get from Rotman, but it doesn't look too promising at the moment.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2017, 12:51
I submitted my application on Feb 23 to meet the R3 deadline and have not heard back from them - I received an email notifying me of the payment, but nothing to confirm application submission. Not sure if this is due to a delay in processing apps from earlier rounds or just a question of candidacy haha

I've laid out a high-level profile below:

Domestic applicant
GMAT - 700
GPA last year - 3.7
Degree - Engineering grad from one of the top schools
Wrk Exp - 3 years - consulting (working for boutique SAP firm)

Anyone else in the same boat? :|

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2017, 14:12
This post received
KUDOS
Blitz00 wrote:
I submitted my application on Feb 23 to meet the R3 deadline and have not heard back from them - I received an email notifying me of the payment, but nothing to confirm application submission. Not sure if this is due to a delay in processing apps from earlier rounds or just a question of candidacy haha

Domestic applicant
GMAT - 700
GPA last year - 3.7

Your application should be ok :) When I submitted mine for R2 I also only received confirmation of payment but nothing in regards to the application submission. However, I was still able to hear back from the adcom on a timely basis. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2017, 22:56
Blitz00 wrote:

Domestic applicant
GMAT - 700
GPA last year - 3.7

I applied on R2 deadline and am still waiting for an interview invite. Be patient. They are running really late this year.

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2017, 22:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30    Next  [ 587 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap