GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2019, 19:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Said-Oxford Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V38
WE: Research (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all Said-Oxford Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2014, 03:18
2 professional references. IMO it's more relevant especially if u graduated few years ago + your direct supervisor will have a more solid overview of your abilities than a college professor who had 200 other students since you graduated

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: LBS '17 (M$)
Re: Calling all Said-Oxford Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2014, 04:36
sykhong wrote:
Hi,

I am applying for the round 3. Can anyone give me some advice with regards to the referees? Did guys who got accepted submit 1 professional and 1 academic reference or 2 professional references as it says on the SAID B-school FAQs that they are happy to accept 2 professional references if you are unable to provide an academic one?
Any advice is much appreciated!
Thanks so much.

Two professional - a academic reference may be more appropriate for someone with limited work experience - think 2 years when matriculating etc or if they are applying for the 1+1 programme. If you can muster two professional references that will rave about you then that would be best.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2015, 09:00
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: Through Term One: The Transformation Report
I came to Oxford to achieve a career transformation. Specifically, I’ve been looking for something that my father has often repeated he is fortunate to have found in his work: a spiritual connection.

Watch this video on YouTube.

No. …
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2015, 19:46
In for stage 3!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.6
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2015, 09:05
Good luck to all stage 3 applications. Do shoot your questions about the application process, we have quite a few current students and students from batch of 2016 :)
Schools: Said'16 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.56
WE: Real Estate (Venture Capital)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2015, 14:35
I just submitted my application for stage 3! Oxford or bust!
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: CIPS
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2015, 02:20
Congratz to those who are accepted !!!

Submitted my application in R3...Any cap on the no. of students from a particular country? Any idea about the no. of Indians accepted to the progam so far?

Appreciate your input guyz...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2015, 13:06
Hi All,
Is Round 4 deadline way too late/competitive for international candidates (similar to R3 deadlines for US B schools)?
or could there still be a shot?
thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2015, 03:48
ChilledBeer89 wrote:
Hi All,
Is Round 4 deadline way too late/competitive for international candidates (similar to R3 deadlines for US B schools)?
or could there still be a shot?
thanks in advance.

I was admitted in R6 last year as an international candidate with a similar GMAT.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 10:00
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: Classes, College, and Clubs (and the Fear of Missing Out)
All students at Oxford have three major things to manage, no matter their programme of study: classes, college, and clubs. Of course these can’t be mentioned without also explaining FOMO, the Fear of Missing Out. The opportunity to engage in …
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V38
WE: Research (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2015, 03:52
Which colleges you guys applying to ?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2015, 23:14
Hey fellas. I am in for the 3rd round. Are all the interview calls send out on the same day as mentioned in their website? For the 3rd round it would mean 30th Jan.

All the best to all Oxford applicants.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 11:00
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: Lessons from tragedy
A lot has happened since my last blog post….

Around 9:30am on the 15th of December a man walked into The Lindt café. A café in the centre of the city of my hometown of Sydney. Lindt serves …
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 11:00
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: Paper Tigers and Intrapreneurs
Dear Friends,

It has been an action-packed time at Saïd Business School since I last blogged.  We have had exams, which were in the main okay (as long as you revise) apart from the odd paper tiger.  Time intensive though, …
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 12:46
heyy have r3 interview calls started coming?? and does said send rejection mails?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 12:54
could anyone tell me how important is it to submit a resume using the recommended oxford template? is it okay if all the required content is present bu the format is slightly different?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 20:31
simanti wrote:
could anyone tell me how important is it to submit a resume using the recommended oxford template? is it okay if all the required content is present bu the format is slightly different?

Hi Simanti,

If your resume is a "little" off from the recommended template you don't have to worry much. That will never be a reason for the adcom to decide whether to extend you an invite or not.

Regarding interview invites for R3, I believe everyone gets them on the designated date - 30th Jan. Whether it is an invite or a rejection.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2015, 03:00
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: (Bi)cycle Wars
One element of Oxford living that doesn’t get enough attention is cycling, or as my American self would call it, biking. This is a biker city, and if you live anywhere that’s more than a 5-minute walk from class, you’re …
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.31
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2015, 16:24
cracker314 wrote:
Hey fellas. I am in for the 3rd round. Are all the interview calls send out on the same day as mentioned in their website? For the 3rd round it would mean 30th Jan.

All the best to all Oxford applicants.

Heya,
It us almost midnight here in Ghana, 30th Jan starts in a few minutes and I feel like I am seated on nails. I wish you all the best. Let us know when you get to hear something cool.

Best of luck to us all.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2015, 18:46
feel nervous now...Do you guys know what time they usually send out the interview invitation?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Said-Oxford Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016   [#permalink] 29 Jan 2015, 18:46

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  19    Next  [ 365 posts ] 

Calling all Said-Oxford Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: nvdmurty