GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 09:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Said-Oxford Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.24
Re: Calling all Said-Oxford Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 05:01
Have anyone heard back regarding the interview date confirmation?

Did anyone opt for the in person interview at Oxford on 23rd Feb?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Said-Oxford Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 11:08
Anyone going for the in-person interview on the 13th Feb at Oxford? Mine's scheduled for 11am.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 00:39
I did not get the slot for in-person interview.
I got a Skype interview slot of 9th Feb.
*Finger Crossed*
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.24

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 06:20
I'll be attending the whole day in-person interview on 23rd Feb at Oxford

Good luck to all interviewees!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford '17 (S)

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2015, 23:12
Hi congrats to all those who got invites.
I m looking forward to collaborate with all those invited to pool in and prepare for interviews.
I am from India especially looking for people from same geography.
Anyone interested?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 06:22
Anyone in New York? We could prepare for the interview together...
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 08:09
Bump!!!

We shall start in 45 minutes. If you are around, join the chat room.

Narenn wrote:
AnnouncementLive Chat with Oxford Admissions Team

Hello Everyone,

Congrats to all those who got Interview invites and good luck to the rest. We are happy to announce that Members of Oxford Admissions Team will be on GMAT Club to chat with applicants. We encourage everyone to participate in this chat session and get answers to all your queries from Admission team members. Details of the event are given below.

Date: February 9th, 2015. Monday

University of Oxford: Saïd Business School

Event: Admissions chat with Oxford Admissions Team

Participants:
Teddy Sun (MBA Recruitment Manager, East Asia)
Aidan O’Halloran (MBA Recruitment Manager, Europe and Middle East)

Place: GMATClub Chat Room

Timing of the Session: 8.00 AM PST (4.00 PM GMT) on 9th February 2015.

Add this Event to your Google calender

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
It’s Socratic, interactive, amusing…  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 03:00
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: It’s Socratic, interactive, amusing…
So here we are, after months of preparation, application forms, essays, interviews and soul searching, I’ve done it and been accepted to the Oxford Executive programme. Everyone keeps asking me if it was hard to get in and I have …
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 21:18
arpitjagnani wrote:
*Finger Crossed*

Hi buddy. How did it go?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2015, 00:19
Dear Applicants,

We had a nice Q&A session on Monday (9th Feb) with Aidan O'Halloran, Oxford MBA recruitment manager for Europe and Middle East. I am posting here select questions and their answers from Oxford Team. Those who missed this event can download the session transcript which is attached to this post.

applicant: I'm an applicant from India and would like to seek clarity on the undergraduate requirement to apply to Said. On the website, it says "As guidance, you should have a 2.1 ( 3.5 GPA) or its equivalent." What would be considered an equivalent for an Indian applicant as we neither have grading in the British 2.2/2.1/1 scale or the American GPA scales.
Oxford_Aidan: Hi applicant, we use conversion tools for all our degrees so you shouldn't worry too much about making the conversion yourself. Once you send us your transcripts we will convert them to UK system

kshitij1109: Please provide an insight on career services support considering UK economy and tough VISA rules imposed by government
Oxford_Aidan: The Careers team at the School has been working very hard to strengthen the support given to MBA applicants given the tight visa situation. We have put in place since the latest regulations a series of careers bootcamps that take place before the official start of the course and aim to prepare applicants to look for a job as soon as you start the programme. These specialize into four sectors; for students aiming for a career in finance, students wanting to get employment in consulting, diversified industry and entrepreneurship. The sessions are run in collaboration with sector consultants, who are senior members of staff with years of experience in the relevant area of work. They will prepare you for job hunting as soon as you get through the door.

ahmedmba: Is it true that GMAT is more desirable than the GRE for Oxford MBA?
Oxford_Aidan: Hi Ahmed, GMAT and GRE as seen as equal; either is acceptable.

Op45: Is Said planning on increasing its class size for the 2015 intake?
Oxford_Aidan: Hi Op45, it is true that the Business School is planning on expanding our class size to over 300 for 2015 intake.

saip: What are/have been some of the functions that students are/were recruited for in the non-profit industry? Thanks
Oxford_Aidan: Hi SaiP, many of our students that are not interested in consulting or finance go into Social Entrepreneurship. These are not always non-profit, but are organisations that seek to benefit society. You can find some examples of our alumni in these industries here: http://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/community/people/gagan-kanwar and here http://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/community/people/pierce-louis
You can read more about our Skoll centre for social entrepreneurship here http://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/ideas-impact/sk ... reneurship

gipsybear: Dear Admissions team, I am weighting my options to apply in the next round. Do you have the equal number of seats allocated for each round or chances are lower in later stages?
Oxford_Aidan: Hi Gipsybear, each round is equal in terms of the application as the same entry requirements are applied to each round. However, the later you leave an application the more difficult it may be to get into your preferred college. Also it is better to apply earlier when applying for scholarships.

Guest11224: Aidan, which program at SBS is more suitable - in order to switch to the banking sector without prior experience - MBA or Msc in Financial economics
Oxford_Aidan: Hi Guest11224.The MSc in Financial Economics is usually for students with no work experience, who have undergraduate degrees in Finance. It is known as one of the best finance programmes in the world. The MBA is more suited for individuals who have a number of years work experience and want to switch industry. They are both based in the Business School.

Chat Transcript

Attachment:
Oxford Session Transcript 9th Feb 15.pdf [314.24 KiB]
Downloaded 48 times
To download please login or register as a user

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Said Business School, Oxford University - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2015, 10:39
Hi All,
This post is just for those in this forum who are preparing/awaiting their interviews with Said Business School. I was interviewed by an admissions consultant on Skype this evening. I had been preparing for my interview and fervently for Friday, the 13th! :) The questions were mostly behavioral, and based on my own experiences. It was more like a friendly 30 minute conversation. Here are few questions which I encountered:
1) Regarding my startup venture.
2) Why an MBA? Why Now? and why Said?
3) What would I consider to be an achievement in my career?
4) What I really enjoyed doing as a consultant
5) What are my backup plans
6) Have I researched the list of companies I want to join in future or have contacted anyone on LinkedIn from these companies?
7) Which other schools I've applied to and why?
8) Any questions that I have...

Overall, it was a really engaging conversation, and there wasn't one minute where I felt intimidated. Reflecting back now, I could have done a better job at communicating my thoughts in a more constructive way. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Feb-27. For all those who are still awaiting interviews: keep your cool, and take your time in thinking through your answers before you actually respond (I wish, I had done more of this!) :) Good luck!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2015, 11:21
arpitjagnani wrote:
*Finger Crossed*

How did it go bro?
Intern
Intern
Since we are such an eclectic bunch…  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2015, 12:00
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: Since we are such an eclectic bunch…
The 2015 Diploma in Innovation and Strategy cohort (#OxfordDipSI) finished our first module this past weekend.  Now that I am back home in Dallas, friends and colleagues are asking, “So, how was it?” and “What was it like?” Much to …
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: CIPS
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2015, 21:23
I will be attending the in-person interview at the campus on 23rd. For those folks who are attending the interview on the same day, feel free to contact me on riyazv2@gmail.com.
Intern
Intern
Role Reversal: Increasing Nature Connectedness through Technology  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2015, 03:00
FROM Oxford Admissions Blog: Role Reversal: Increasing Nature Connectedness through Technology
I’ve written before on the value of the MSc dissertation as a component of Oxford’s 1+1 MBA programme. Through my dissertation, I explored the emerging frontier of big data and environmental sustainability. Fortunately, I’ve found similar opportunities during my …
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said'16 (A)
GRE 1: Q165 V164
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2015, 03:44
Hey folks, I was wondering how you got in touch with alumni. I’m currently based in a country that doesn’t have many alumni.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GRE 1: Q159 V161
GPA: 3.49
WE: Sales (Advertising and PR)

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2015, 16:14
Hey everyone, I just finished my in-person interview with Anna Farrus (Head of Admissions) and wanted to share my report to help future applicants out!

Interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and we got started about 10-12 minutes late and went over by an additional 15 minutes. TOtal time with Ms. Farrus was 45 minutes.

1. Tell me about your background - Why did you leave company X?
2. Why an MBA/Oxford/ a 1+1 program
3. 2 questions about my essays that included direct quotes from the essay. (she clearly had read my entire application)
4. What is your greatest failure?
5. What are my Post MBA plans?
6. What if that doesn't work out?
7. What is the common theme between the other schools you applied to and Said.
8. Questions for her.

Overall I think(read:hope) it went well. I connected with her on a couple of points and it went longer than it should have so I think it went well. It was clear she had read my application and done her prep for me and so that was pleasant considering student-run interviews in the past with maybe 10 minutes prep with my resume beforehand.

Here is to good news on Friday!
Intern
Intern
Calling all Said-Oxford Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2015, 17:43
I had my interview with the Program Director. Before the interview, I prepared attached file and sharing here to help the people who will be interviewed soon or later. Good Luck. By the way, I am not providing my own interview debrief because it was almost similar experience as stated in most of the attacehd debriefs.
Attachments

Interview debriefs.docx [39.49 KiB]
Downloaded 85 times

To download please login or register as a user

Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2015, 23:29
cracker314 wrote:
arpitjagnani wrote:
*Finger Crossed*

Hi buddy. How did it go?

Sorry for the late reply man. Was out.
The interview went well. Fingers crossed for the result now.

What about you?
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2015, 23:30
saurabhatmumbai wrote:
arpitjagnani wrote:
*Finger Crossed*

How did it go bro?

Hi Saurabh. The interview did go as expected. However, still skeptic about the final result!

How was ur interview?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Said-Oxford Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016   [#permalink] 23 Feb 2015, 23:30

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  19    Next  [ 365 posts ] 

Calling all Said-Oxford Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: sunmoon, nvdmurty