GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 01:53

INSEAD R1 Results This Week!

First Decision Reported on Decision Tracker  |  Join INSEAD Chat to Calm Your Nerves & Catch the Latest Action

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Said (Oxford) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: CIPS
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2015, 02:14
Hey Guys,

Good luck with your application.

I am a deferred admit to the class starting in Septemeber 2016. More than happy to answer any questions re. the application and interview. Feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Riz
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.83
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 04:38
k309 wrote:
Hi All,

Need your suggestions.

Here are my details :

Engineer (Mech), Indian.
CGPA - 2.59/4 (6.5/10).
Work Ex. - IT Company. 36 months (till Oct 2015)
Decent extra curricular record.
I am targeting SBS,2016 intake.

I have few questions :

Do I have any chance ?
What GMAT score should suffice ? I am taking GMAT in Oct first week and my target is Round 2.

Please suggest.

I would say min 700. Higher the better
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 04:45
Guys,
Does Said tell us who would be taking our interview?

I've got the interview confirmation mail but I do not know who would be taking my interview.
Richard Ivey Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 05:12
123Avi wrote:
Guys,

I've got the interview confirmation mail but I do not know who would be taking my interview.

Yes. If you read the last line of the email, ad-com must have mentioned that you will receive the information on interviewer few days before your interview.
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge
Calling all Said (Oxford) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 05:23
striker11 wrote:
123Avi wrote:
Guys,

Yes. If you read the last line of the email, ad-com must have mentioned that you will receive the information on interviewer few days before your interview.

Hi, no... this is not written on my interview confirmation mail. I read it again , just to make sure but this was not there.

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 05:28
123Avi wrote:
striker11 wrote:
123Avi wrote:
Guys,

Hi, no... this is not written on my interview confirmation mail. I read it again , just to make sure but this was not there.

Ok. But you will get interviewer's details 2-3 before your interview.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 07:10
Good luck to all with your interviews.
Mine is scheduled for 8th Oct.

Please do post your interview experiences once done...
Cambridge Thread Master
Concentration: Sustainability, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 07:33
Good luck everyone on your interviews. I'm scheduled for the morning of the 5th in Oxford. Looking forward to it!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 10:19
[
Yes. If you read the last line of the email, ad-com must have mentioned that you will receive the information on interviewer few days before your interview.[/quote]

Hi, no... this is not written on my interview confirmation mail. I read it again , just to make sure but this was not there.[/quote]

Ok. But you will get interviewer's details 2-3 before your interview.[/quote]

The email I reveived sais that " Please note that all our MBA interviewers will see your application well in advance of your interview. Your interviewer will be allocated prior to your interview at random" ; so I'm not sure if they will inform me prior to te interview or not. Apparently emails are not a template.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 10:54
mexcango wrote:
[

Hi, no... this is not written on my interview confirmation mail. I read it again , just to make sure but this was not there.[/quote]

Ok. But you will get interviewer's details 2-3 before your interview.[/quote]

The email I reveived sais that " Please note that all our MBA interviewers will see your application well in advance of your interview. Your interviewer will be allocated prior to your interview at random" ; so I'm not sure if they will inform me prior to te interview or not. Apparently emails are not a template.

Best of luck![/quote]

Hi
Are you also taking your interview on the 5th at Said, Oxford?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 15:24
123Avi wrote:
mexcango wrote:
[

Hi

No, I will take it via Skype, the same day, it was imposible for me to make the trip. I will, however, if invited, plan to visit campus on December.
Best of luck in your interview.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

123Avi wrote:
mexcango wrote:
[

Hi

No, I will take it via Skype, the same day, it was imposible for me to make the trip. I will, however, if invited, plan to visit campus on December.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

123Avi wrote:
mexcango wrote:
[

Hi

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Said (Oxford) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 11:01

Dear Applicants,

Second chat of GMAT Club Oxford Live Q&A series is happening on Tuesday, October 06, in which Mr. Aidan O'Halloran - MBA Recruitment Manager at Oxford - will chat with prospective applicants and answer their questions about Oxford's MBA program. So save the event in your Google calendar and be in the chat room at 8 AM Pacific Time with your questions.

October 06, 2015. 8 AM Pacific Time

Visit this thread to view complete schedule of Live Q&A sessions being conducted in 2015-16. live-q-a-with-b-school-adcoms-2015-season-174827.html

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
Schools: Oxford'17 (A)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 11:07
Hi guys

I'm also a deferred admit to September 2016 class. Happy to shed some light on interview process etc.

PM if you have any questions.

Good luck to those interviewing.

JW
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 23:14
1. Just wanted to know if TOEFL is required for Indian candidates if medium of undergraduate degree (B.E.) is English.

2. How many days before you can write TOEFL considering application deadline ( R2 deadline - 30 Oct) so that score can reach to Institute.

3. What is the minimum score required for the school.

4. How many recommendations are required for application?
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: CIPS
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 23:51
abrakadabra21 wrote:
1. Just wanted to know if TOEFL is required for Indian candidates if medium of undergraduate degree (B.E.) is English.

2. How many days before you can write TOEFL considering application deadline ( R2 deadline - 30 Oct) so that score can reach to Institute.

3. What is the minimum score required for the school.

4. How many recommendations are required for application?

TOEFL/IELTS is not required, if you can submit a letter which says that medium of undergraduate degree is English. You have to submit two recommendation letters with the application.

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 00:00
Applicants from India who had their in person interview on 1-2 Oct, how was your experience? Please share here.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 02:41
For me, the interview experience was quite a pleasant one. My interviewer was quite nice and made me feel comfortable before beginning. I was asked about why I wanted to do an MBA; since I am also applying to Judge, I was asked the commonalities between Judge and Said that motivated me to apply to both; my greatest failure; what I learnt from my failure; why my GMAT score was low; my interests; how I plan to fund my MBA; why should they pick me; any questions for the interviewer. It lasted for about 30 minutes.

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 04:44
rishiroadster wrote:
For me, the interview experience was quite a pleasant one. My interviewer was quite nice and made me feel comfortable before beginning. I was asked about why I wanted to do an MBA; since I am also applying to Judge, I was asked the commonalities between Judge and Said that motivated me to apply to both; my greatest failure; what I learnt from my failure; why my GMAT score was low; my interests; how I plan to fund my MBA; why should they pick me; any questions for the interviewer. It lasted for about 30 minutes.

That's great! All the best! Will share my experience after my interview tomorrow.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! &nbs [#permalink] 05 Oct 2015, 04:44

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 263 posts ] 

Calling all Said (Oxford) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: SamuelWitwicky

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap