Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Stanford '19
GPA: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Why would they care? If I were the one who would be reading the letters, I would not check whether the letters were written with double space.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Just 3 days left for decisions! Anyone getting anxious?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Just 3 days left for decisions! Anyone getting anxious?

Stanford normally calls a day before the actual decision release date. So two days left for the decision.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
International applicant in R3

I am having real trouble on deciding to apply in R3. I think I have a relatively strong application but I am not sure if it matters in R3.
I read comments on livewire about how it is too late for internationals due to visa processing.
I am based in Canada, not sure if this makes the visa process faster.

Could someone please shed some light on this issue?
It will really help me decide whether to apply
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools: HBS '19 (WL)
Send PM
harsha2085 wrote:

I am having real trouble on deciding to apply in R3. I think I have a relatively strong application but I am not sure if it matters in R3.
I read comments on livewire about how it is too late for internationals due to visa processing.

Visa shouldn't be too yuge of an issue, especially given that GSB starts classes a bit later than other schools. Check admitted Canadians' profiles and see how you compare, and if favorably then you stand a chance.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
I cannot advise you on the Visa situation, but in general we caution people to really think twice about Round 3 -- especially for a school like Stanford which is THE toughest school to get into with a less than 7% acceptance rate. Everyone thinks their application is strong, but the reality is that unless you have a very unique situation (military, had a child, something that's a good excuse for not applying in the other 2 rounds) and are not either literally famous in your field or some other kind of superstar, it'll probably be tough to justify a spot for yourself. Good luck either way!

harsha2085 wrote:

MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
schwejk wrote:
harsha2085 wrote:

Visa shouldn't be too yuge of an issue, especially given that GSB starts classes a bit later than other schools. Check admitted Canadians' profiles and see how you compare, and if favorably then you stand a chance.

If this helps, here are the profiles of few GMATClub members who have been accepted to Stanford in R3 in previous years.

• US (West Coast); GMAT 750; GPA 3.9; Investment Banker
  • Qatar; GMAT 730; GPA 3.5; Entrepreneur
  • US (CA); GMAT 690; GPA 3.03; Manufacturing Sector; Admitted to HBS and Sloan in R1
  • US (East Coast); College senior, deferred for 3 years.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck to all Stanford R2 Applicants! May the force be with you!

Chat Room6 is reserved for Stanford applicants to hang out and share updates with each other... https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat6.php?fl=menu

3 Decisions have been posted on Decision Tracker so far... https://gmatclub.com/forum/stanford-gsb ... acker.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 402 [1]
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Good luck to everyone hoping for a call today! Got off the waitlist from R1 yesterday, I know how nerve-wracking today is going to be. Try to stay distracted, be pleasantly surprised if/when you get the call, and don't beat yourself up if you don't. If things don't turn out the way you want, it'll sting a bit for a day or two, but then you just pull yourself back up and go back at it 110%. But of course, hoping for great news for most of you!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
speedilly wrote:
Good luck to everyone hoping for a call today! Got off the waitlist from R1 yesterday, I know how nerve-wracking today is going to be. Try to stay distracted, be pleasantly surprised if/when you get the call, and don't beat yourself up if you don't. If things don't turn out the way you want, it'll sting a bit for a day or two, but then you just pull yourself back up and go back at it 110%. But of course, hoping for great news for most of you!!

Congratulations!! :) So happy for you!! Did you also post on ClearAdmit? Guessing they go through the waitlist all at once... in which case looks like it's all over. Ohwells!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 402 [0]
Send PM
BigTuna wrote:
speedilly wrote:

Congratulations!! :) So happy for you!! Did you also post on ClearAdmit? Guessing they go through the waitlist all at once... in which case looks like it's all over. Ohwells!

I did, so it looks like there's only been one other call so far (pretty sure the other was a troll). You may still have a shot! Good luck and thanks so much!!! :) :) :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I was fortunate enough to get a call last night - excited to meet y'all in the fall and best of luck to those still waiting. My advice is to ignore all of the speculation about region / alphabetic order / industry. It truly seems random based on my name / industry and the order of calls that have come in. There is still hope until the end and speculation will drive you nuts!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Guys, what are your thoughts, any chance one can get a deferral if accepted from Waitlist?
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Every situation is different, but unless you are part of a unique military operation or have some other very, very, VERY compelling predicament that they are sympathetic to, a deferral is almost unheard of.

KarinaA wrote:
Guys, what are your thoughts, any chance one can get a deferral if accepted from Waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools: HBS '19 (WL)
Send PM
KarinaA wrote:

Have you been accepted? If yes, congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 402 [0]
Send PM
Anyone else anxiously awaiting the portal update??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
For my rejection? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts