GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 15:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Stanford MSX candidates (2018 Intake) Graduating Class2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Re: Calling all Stanford MSX candidates (2018 Intake) Graduating Class2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 09:30
Robert Nemec wrote:
Hi fellows,

Let me introduce myself.

I founded my company (a strategic advertising agency with digital roots) when I was 21, so 16 years ago. It's based in Prague, the Czech Republic.

The company is steadily growing for 20 to 50% per year. It's not a tech start-up allowing to grow exponentially, we sell man-days, so it's tough to grow more.

We're preparing an international expansion, so I would like to learn more about managing bigger companies and going global. I had the amazing opportunity to study at Stanford for a while, so GSB is my only option. As I spoke with the director of MSx program, I'm a little bit overqualified for MBA.

Although I'm a known person in our country (e. g. I'm cited in 220+ diploma thesis), my school performance was always bad. :-) My GPA is 1.9. :-) But part of that was I focused on my business and not at my school (I was studying and running a business at the same time). Funny thing is I was a lecturer at a university for four years, besides my business.

Now I'm studying for GMAT. As everybody in the same position knows, running a business as CEO and studying for GMAT at the same time is hard, but we, entrepreneurs, like a challenge. :-) I reserve some time blocks when I try to study only.

The only obstacle is the recommendations, as I work in close cooperation primary with my colleagues, who are all subordinate (I'm the CEO and the only owner). I want to ask some people outside the company, who work in the advertising industry, to give me the recommendations.

Impressive! Don't worry about GPA, I think that your case is a special one due to your achievements and officially they do not have a cut-off GPA or GMAT particularly for MSx program...
With regard to recommendations - it can from your business partners and subordinates...
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling all Stanford MSX candidates (2018 Intake) Graduating Class2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 09:32
One question - it seems like they have a strong focus on leadership and practice something like Executive Challenge for 1st year full MBA, does anyone know, if they do it for MSx? Probably, not, as MSx are supposed to be executives themselves :)?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 03:41
Hi everyone, I did watch admission webinar once, but I can't recall if they say anything at all about international applicants is R2 the final call?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 03:03
Hi, Tomorrow is the R2 deadline for Stanford GSB MSx. Is anyone thinking to apply or already applied in R2?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 03:52
sandyacegmat wrote:
Hi, Tomorrow is the R2 deadline for Stanford GSB MSx. Is anyone thinking to apply or already applied in R2?

I am going to apply today..
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 04:06
Hi! I was planning to apply, but I could not improve GMAT above 650, wondering if it is critical, given that it is closer to the executive type of program?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 04:24
Erjan_S wrote:
Hi! I was planning to apply, but I could not improve GMAT above 650, wondering if it is critical, given that it is closer to the executive type of program?

I was on a same boat, but when I attended its Webinar 3 weeks ago, the adcom mentioned that they look at the overall strength of the applicant. It was specifically mentioned that there is no cutoff to the program but the range of the gmat is 480-780 with average 680. In the webinar they mentioned that they give more weight to the work experience and recommendations when reviewing the application. So I have decided to apply and will be submitting mine tomorrow.
HBS Thread Master
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 04:45
Erjan_S wrote:
Hi everyone, I did watch admission webinar once, but I can't recall if they say anything at all about international applicants is R2 the final call?

Nope, they will consider international application in R3 though they advised that it's a bit tight for visa application process.
Manager
Manager
B
Calling all Stanford MSX candidates (2018 Intake) Graduating Class2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 10 Jan 2018, 02:43
Hi! One rather simple question but kind of urgent question - in what file format - PDF or Word? do you upload the essay as instructions do not provide details, at least i did not notice (although they request for 12 font size and double space)? Your response will be kudo appreciated!

Originally posted by Erjan_S on 10 Jan 2018, 02:35.
Last edited by Erjan_S on 10 Jan 2018, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Stanford MSx"19
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 02:40
Erjan_S wrote:
Hi! One rather simple question but kind of urgent question - in what file format do you upload the essay as instructions do not provide details, at least i did not notice (although they request for 12 font size and double space)? Your response will be kudo appreciated!
Erjan - It can be either pdf or a MS word document. I prefer pdf since the content is locked.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Stanford MSX candidates (2018 Intake) Graduating Class2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 21:56
I sent in my application for R2 as well.

I didn't have much time to prepare unfortunately because work has been hectic. I spent 1 week preparing for GMAT and 3 days writing essays.

PS: What kind of scores did you folks get on AWA section of the GMAT?
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 18:19
Erjan_S wrote:
Hi! One rather simple question but kind of urgent question - in what file format - PDF or Word? do you upload the essay as instructions do not provide details, at least i did not notice (although they request for 12 font size and double space)? Your response will be kudo appreciated!

Agreed that PDF is better in that you don't have to worry about the spacing moving around in their system. Best wishes and hope your application gets you the results you seek!!

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.57

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2018, 13:41
I applied on the 10th as well, with the dual MSX/MBA application. I'm kind of in between both programs in the sense that I have 11 years of experience working but not much of it has actually been in business. I spent 2 months on the GMAT because it'll last 5 years and would work for all the programs I applied to, but only had a week on the essays.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2018, 12:57
spack wrote:
I applied on the 10th as well, with the dual MSX/MBA application. I'm kind of in between both programs in the sense that I have 11 years of experience working but not much of it has actually been in business. I spent 2 months on the GMAT because it'll last 5 years and would work for all the programs I applied to, but only had a week on the essays.

During the admissions webinar adcom mentioned that over the years only 4-5 candidates have been admitted in both MSX/MBA programs. It is a rare shot, but seems like your profile may be in the sweet spot.

What sector was your work experience in?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.57

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2018, 22:00
Hadamard I do economic development through ecological restoration. Combination of agriculture, ecology, entrepreneurship, and terraforming. And in my app I said I preferred the MSX but if I was deemed not a good fit would prefer the MBA over other programs i'm applying to. Don't need to get into both; either would do for me.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 06:26
Hey! Did anyone get invite for interview? They were supposed to start coming as of yesterday?

About me: I applied in R2. I am based in India and work with FMCG in IT function. I have 10 yrs of work ex.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 08:22
sloanaspirant2018 wrote:
Hey! Did anyone get invite for interview? They were supposed to start coming as of yesterday?

About me: I applied in R2. I am based in India and work with FMCG in IT function. I have 10 yrs of work ex.

Last year bulk of invites went out around Feb 15th, so it might be similar this year. Wish we had more insight though!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Stanford MSx"19
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 11:45
Does anyone know if they have started sending out Interview requests for R2?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.45

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 13:38
MSxHopeful wrote:
Does anyone know if they have started sending out Interview requests for R2?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Not for me, I have not received an invite. This group is less active than the MIT Sloan Fellows... differente profiles/applicants? What do you think is the intersection?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 00:16
Anyone got any interview invite? Strange to not hear any news on interview invites while Stanford communicated that invites will go out from 5th Feb... :(
Re: Calling all Stanford MSX candidates (2018 Intake) Graduating Class2019 &nbs [#permalink] 15 Feb 2018, 00:16

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 87 posts ] 

Calling all Stanford MSX candidates (2018 Intake) Graduating Class2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: ydmuley, mvictor

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap