GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 10:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2015, 05:12
Does Tepper send interview in several waves or it in one go? Curious about above comment regarding 8th Oct - anyone received interview call yet?

~Thanks

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Director
Director
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2015, 07:12
sharpsagi wrote:
kinjiGC wrote:
I know it was a hard work to put across the applications for Tepper Round 1.

Now, it is the grueling wait for the interview. Tepper normally gives early interview so don't waste time and start preparing for the interviews.

Some of the questions Tepper adcom will ask you and those were no-brainer

Why MBA?
Why Tepper?
Why Now?
Walk through your resume.

Format all the answers in STAR format . What is STAR Format?
S-> Situation
T -> Task
A -> Action
R -> Result

So arrange the answers as much as possible in the above format.

If you are coming to Pittsburgh for an interview, do interact with current student - 2nd years and 1st years. Our Mini 1 finals are approaching so we might not be as available but one of us will always be there.

Internationals -> it will be a skype interview so do set up your skype id and put a professional pic as Skype Display pic. Once you get the Interview, do start practicing interview, its a whole different ball game.

All the best for interviews.

Thanks for your help Kinjal. Your proactive inputs and the skype session you organized were very helpful. :)

Request you to share any info on last year's process on Tepper's interview calls. How soon did they start sending Interview invites? Till when did they send invites?

Thanks.

For Round 1, Ankur is the best person as he was 1st Round admit last year.

I can talk about Round 2 as I applied for Round 2 last year.

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2015, 10:46
Hi All,

Want to hear about Tepper from Tepperonis who are breathing the experience right now, do join in by filling up this :

https://apply.tepper.cmu.edu/portal/MBA ... b23144e0dd

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961

Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2015, 11:01
spiceguy wrote:
Does Tepper send interview in several waves or it in one go? Curious about above comment regarding 8th Oct - anyone received interview call yet?

~Thanks

Please don't be anxious about calls. Tepper is a very competitive schoool and Tepper Adcom receives tons of applications each round so they will take some time to give out calls. So "Keep Calm and prepare for Interview" :-D

Thanks,
Kinjal

VP
VP
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2015, 21:45
spiceguy wrote:

~Thanks

I do not think invites are out yet. Things like interview invited do not go unnoticed.
They are running a bit late here :)

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 21:57
How are we doing guys? Any one received any invites yet?
VP
VP
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 23:52
anupamgupta2112 wrote:

Nothing here ...

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.02
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 05:12
anupamgupta2112 wrote:

I just got an email yesterday saying my application is complete and is being reviewed by the admissions committee.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 06:07
They made me order official transcripts from my undergrad schools....still waiting.
Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 09:11
wcf5016 wrote:
anupamgupta2112 wrote:

I just got an email yesterday saying my application is complete and is being reviewed by the admissions committee.

I haven't received that yet, but I am not too worried. I submitted everything on time, so they just have to review and confirm.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 10:15
stevkang8 wrote:
They made me order official transcripts from my undergrad schools....still waiting.

Me too. They sent me an email asking for my degree certificate. In the email they mentioned that they would come back for a review once they complete all other applications at least once. So i guess its going to be an even longer wait for us :)
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 10:19
Agupta15 wrote:
stevkang8 wrote:

Me too. They sent me an email asking for my degree certificate. In the email they mentioned that they would come back for a review once they complete all other applications at least once. So i guess its going to be an even longer wait for us :)

lol doesn't sound good. well we will hopefully get the interviews so I am not too worried. might be a good idea to have all the interviews spread out anyway.....as long as we do get the intys lol
Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 2.77
WE: Research (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 10:27
Yeah, I had the same issue with an official transcript, and a second issue for failing to attach a grading scale/key from the back of my transcript. Alas, back to the bottom of the pile. Helpful to note for R2, R3 applicants, I suppose.

Anyway, here's the message:
Quote:
Thank you for your application to the MBA program at Carnegie Mellon University. Your application has been processed and we are missing one or more required application components.

To review your application status, log-in to your application and view the application checklist.

We encourage you to send us missing application components as soon as possible. You are currently included in Round 1, however if we do not receive the missing application components by November 3rd, you will be moved to the next round. Your application will remain incomplete and will not be forwarded to the Admissions Committee until missing components have been received.

Please note, due to high application volume, we process all applications once before returning to previously reviewed applications to ensure everyone gets a prompt initial review. Once all applications have been processed, we will return to your application to review any additional materials you have provided and will notify you at that time if anything is still missing. Please do not email us asking if additional materials have been received as checking individual applications slows down the process for everyone. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 10:33
I haven't received that yet, but I am not too worried. I submitted everything on time, so they just have to review and confirm.[/quote]

Yeah I wouldn't worry. An adcom member goes through and manually checks each application for completeness so it will definitely take time to get through the entire group of R1 applicants.
Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 2.77
WE: Research (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 13:03
mrsunburn wrote:
Yeah, I had the same issue with an official transcript, and a second issue for failing to attach a grading scale/key from the back of my transcript. Alas, back to the bottom of the pile. Helpful to note for R2, R3 applicants, I suppose.

Quote:
Thank you for your application to the MBA program at Carnegie Mellon University. Your application has been processed and we are missing one or more required application components.

To review your application status, log-in to your application and view the application checklist.

We encourage you to send us missing application components as soon as possible. You are currently included in Round 1, however if we do not receive the missing application components by November 3rd, you will be moved to the next round. Your application will remain incomplete and will not be forwarded to the Admissions Committee until missing components have been received.

Please note, due to high application volume, we process all applications once before returning to previously reviewed applications to ensure everyone gets a prompt initial review. Once all applications have been processed, we will return to your application to review any additional materials you have provided and will notify you at that time if anything is still missing. Please do not email us asking if additional materials have been received as checking individual applications slows down the process for everyone. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Well, spoke too soon, I guess. Just got an interview invite!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 13:07
mrsunburn wrote:
mrsunburn wrote:

Quote:

Well, spoke too soon, I guess. Just got an interview invite!

Me too! I can't believe how fast that was!
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 13:10
Just got an interview invite here as well. Looks like the first wave is going out.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 13:12
enus wrote:
Just got an interview invite here as well. Looks like the first wave is going out.

When I go to the interview scheduling page it only shows skype interviews available. Is anyone else seeing this??
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 13:13
Same here. I just checked the Application status portal. There was a document missing, and I uploaded it. Half an hour later I get an Interview invite.
Current Student
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 13:19
wcf5016 wrote:

When I go to the interview scheduling page it only shows skype interviews available. Is anyone else seeing this??

Several of the dates in November have "on-campus interviews" available for selection.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 13 Oct 2015, 13:19

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  30    Next  [ 585 posts ] 

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, zee1222

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap