Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:56 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.59
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA-Anderson Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]
It's kind of insane to see how many really qualified people haven't received invites from Anderson, especially since my profile from a numbers point of view is less than stellar (an average-ish GMAT score of 710, no undergrad pedigree, just 2 years of work experience at the time of matriculation and a highly overrepresented Indian in IT to boot).

So all this is purely conjecture but my immediate guess would be that the adcoms think the high stat applicants have applied to UCLA as a back up option. They are trying to increase their yield, so that might have something to do with why a lot of qualified people haven't even received invites. This might be exacerbated even further if your essay for Anderson was a recycled version of your other essays or if your essay didn't scream "I am a great fit for Anderson and Anderson is a great fit for me".

I believe I only got an invite because of my essay (the three defining principles really resonated with me) and my career goals (very relevant to Anderson). That isn't to say I'm not qualified :P but from a purely stats perspective, I don't look very good on paper.
which is why they don't give out interviews from a purely stats perspective
FurrowedBrow wrote:
It's kind of insane to see how many really qualified people haven't received invites from Anderson, especially since my profile from a numbers point of view is less than stellar (an average-ish GMAT score of 710, no undergrad pedigree, just 2 years of work experience at the time of matriculation and a highly overrepresented Indian in IT to boot).

So all this is purely conjecture but my immediate guess would be that the adcoms think the high stat applicants have applied to UCLA as a back up option. They are trying to increase their yield, so that might have something to do with why a lot of qualified people haven't even received invites. This might be exacerbated even further if your essay for Anderson was a recycled version of your other essays or if your essay didn't scream "I am a great fit for Anderson and Anderson is a great fit for me".

I believe I only got an invite because of my essay (the three defining principles really resonated with me) and my career goals (very relevant to Anderson). That isn't to say I'm not qualified :P but from a purely stats perspective, I don't look very good on paper.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [2]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
angelfire213 wrote:
which is why they don't give out interviews from a purely stats perspective
FurrowedBrow wrote:

Just to add my thoughts to this, there are a few of my classmates that had sub-700 GMATs, but have absolutely killed it in recruiting and have gotten offers from some of the top companies. There is so much more to an applicant than a GMAT score or GPA. Those two items don't always equal someone who will be successful in recruiting. That is why I think engaging with the school, solid recommendations, the essay, and interview are so important. It is absolutely vital that applicants be able to clearly express their career goal and really be able to answer the question "Why Anderson?" This is not to say that those out there who haven't received an interview invite didn't do these things, but that every little detail in the application matters. When less than 20 percent of applicants are accepted and I am sure over 80 percent of applicants are qualified, all the details matter.

For those of you who aren't admitted this time around, I was in your shoes just a couple years ago. If you decide to wait and reapply in the fall, take the next few months to do some introspection. Get application feedback from Admissions, and then do everything you can to reposition yourself to be successful next year. Don't get discouraged. The extra year that it took me to get into b-school was invaluable. During this time I was able to gain valuable leadership experience at work, increase my community engagement, and take time to really reflect on why I needed an MBA and what my career goals were. Now I am in a place where not only was I accepted to a school I really wanted to be at, I am in position to be much more successful in my career search post-MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
curious if applying to round 3 is worthwhile for me? my gmat is a tad under the average and the gpa is within the 80% range.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
csi wrote:
Still can't believe another month to go...

Any other RD 1 WLers around lurking? Did you reach out with update?

Feels like forever from my Oct submission/Nov interview.... :shock:

Round 1 waitlister here! I had an Anderson Alumni sent in a letter of support a few weeks ago. I'm crafting an update to be sent out in a couple of weeks.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
csi wrote:

I just received a waitlist status update request email from Anderson. Any others on the waitlist received the same email?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
toocrispy wrote:
csi wrote:

I just received a waitlist status update request email from Anderson. Any others on the waitlist received the same email?

yes R1 waitlisted candidate here. Received the same mail. Will submit the update in next couple of days, was planning to that anywhich ways.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
April 2nd seems so far away ugh, especially when all the other schools release their decisions by about the 25th of March :x
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.6
WE:Investment Banking (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
FurrowedBrow wrote:
April 2nd seems so far away ugh, especially when all the other schools release their decisions by about the 25th of March :x

Yeah.. Especially when Anderson is on your mind constantly through the day.. And you want nothing more than that 'one' admit..

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sid6 wrote:
FurrowedBrow wrote:

Yeah.. Especially when Anderson is on your mind constantly through the day.. And you want nothing more than that 'one' admit..

I share the same sentiments! :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I hear ya guys! For me at this point, I just want to know so that I can get on with my life. All these variables (what am I gonna do if I get in, what am I gonna do if I don't) are killing my productivity, among other things :P
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think that there will another round of early admits soon.
WallEE y?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:

I am just basing this off of what has happened in past years. There seems to be a final "early admit" round on or very soon after the R1 deposit deadline. The R1 deposit deadline is today I believe. I am guessing (yes, pure speculation) that another round of early admits could take place in the next several days.

But who knows!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.6
WE:Investment Banking (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
WallEE wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:
[url=https://gmatclub.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=WallEE]
WallEE[/url] y?

I am just basing this off of what has happened in past years. There seems to be a final "early admit" round on or very soon after the R1 deposit deadline. The R1 deposit deadline is today I believe. I am guessing (yes, pure speculation) that another round of early admits could take place in the next several days.

But who knows!

Fingers crossed... Hope the wait ends in tears of joy..

All the best!

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Broadcasting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Sid6 wrote:
WallEE wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:
[url=https://gmatclub.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=WallEE]
WallEE[/url] y?

But who knows!

Fingers crossed... Hope the wait ends in tears of joy..

All the best!

You're right: the R1 deposit date is today-
https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/degrees/mb ... next-steps
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Hope you guys are right, had my interview on the 17th of Feb and haven't heard back, very anxious but not giving up hope!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts