GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 27 Jun 2019, 05:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 17:02
so i guess we get an admit letter next week?
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2016, 12:22
jnixed wrote:
so i guess we get an admit letter next week?

I don't recall getting a snail mail letter for acceptance. It was all electronic where you pay your deposit etc.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2016, 00:11
Many congratulations to those from R2 round who received the call confirming the admit and/or scholarship. Does UCLA offer scholarships which are merit based or they need to be both merit and need based? Hoping the people who received the 10k scholarship would reply.

Thanks.
Current Student
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 00:09
newaviator wrote:
Many congratulations to those from R2 round who received the call confirming the admit and/or scholarship. Does UCLA offer scholarships which are merit based or they need to be both merit and need based? Hoping the people who received the 10k scholarship would reply.

Thanks.

The dean mentioned it was a merit scholarship when he called, but thats all the information I have. I didnt apply for it seperately. The official letter should come in this week, maybe that will have more info.
Personally, I think it could be a combination of several factors ( employer contribution, geographic location, along with merit and need).
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 11:32
I am in too.
Anyone from San Diego?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 12:01
Did anyone receive a call today? Anxiously awaiting mine...
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 12:08
macnch wrote:
Did anyone receive a call today? Anxiously awaiting mine...

I have not received a call. I know the decision date is March 25th and a lot of people received calls last Friday...

I logged onto my application website and saw no dings/WL...I wonder if we still have a chance or if you didn't get a call on Friday then you didn't get in?

Not quite sure..
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 14:41
hey everyone.. wanted to check in and see what people's thoughts were on taking UCLA extension courses to help offset a less than ideal quant score (660 - 50% Q / 85% V / 6 IR). Have people been successful doing this? If so what classes do you recommend? I plan on applying R3 and have a quant background professionally (IB/FP&A) and undergrad (Finance), just worried the low test score will hold me back. Thanks and congrats to the recent admits!
Current Student
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 16:27
roadrunner721 wrote:
newaviator wrote:

Thanks.

The dean mentioned it was a merit scholarship when he called, but thats all the information I have. I didnt apply for it seperately. The official letter should come in this week, maybe that will have more info.
Personally, I think it could be a combination of several factors ( employer contribution, geographic location, along with merit and need).

Just wanted to send an update, now that my profile is updated online. It does say the decision is based on merit.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2016, 10:32
In! Going to be a tough decision between UCLA Anderson and USC Marshall.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GRE 1: Q157 V166

GRE 2: Q160 V167

GRE 3: Q163 V166
GPA: 3.72
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2016, 10:48
SNHJ wrote:

Just curious - why a tough decision? UCLA is much higher ranked than USC. UCLA FEMBA is an amazing program. Westwood is a much nicer part of LA. Unless you got significant $$ from USC, this seems like a no-brainer. I'm interested to hear why you are torn between the two.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2016, 11:51
An email from Dylan the Assistant Dean last week:

Round Two Applications

Almost 95% of Round Two has been presented to Faculty Committee, three weeks ahead of schedule. We’ll complete the review next week. We are continuing to have a very good year.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2016, 11:58
CrucialTaunt wrote:
SNHJ wrote:

Just curious - why a tough decision? UCLA is much higher ranked than USC. UCLA FEMBA is an amazing program. Westwood is a much nicer part of LA. Unless you got significant $$ from USC, this seems like a no-brainer. I'm interested to hear why you are torn between the two.

Sent you a PM.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 11 Mar 2016, 15:45
PTMBA16 wrote:
hey everyone.. wanted to check in and see what people's thoughts were on taking UCLA extension courses to help offset a less than ideal quant score (660 - 50% Q / 85% V / 6 IR). Have people been successful doing this? If so what classes do you recommend? I plan on applying R3 and have a quant background professionally (IB/FP&A) and undergrad (Finance), just worried the low test score will hold me back. Thanks and congrats to the recent admits!

I think you should apply for FEMBA R3. Your score is withing UCLA gmat range and many people with score 600 has made to program.

Originally posted by morkamaljit08 on 11 Mar 2016, 10:13.
Last edited by morkamaljit08 on 11 Mar 2016, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 12:31
Well, it's Friday. Hope that those of us who still haven't heard back from adcomm do so soon.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 13:32
macnch wrote:
Well, it's Friday. Hope that those of us who still haven't heard back from adcomm do so soon.

I'm on the waitlist -__-
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 13:36
I got dinged. I'll try again next year. Congrats to everyone who made it in.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 15:41
Congrats to everyone who got accepted to the 2019 FEMBA class.

I received my decision a few days back and I'm in as well :)
I have noticed that some of the other schools have a separate GMAT thread for admitted students, do we have one for UCLA FEMBA admitted applicants?

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 20:01
FROM UCLA FEMBA Admission Director: Good news and Great news
Friday afternoon in Westwood and what’s this unique atmospheric occurrence? Something that resembles moisture has been falling from the sky…strange.

Great last couple of weeks in FEMBA. 99% of Round Two has been reviewed by Faculty Committee and the applicants have been notified, two weeks ahead of schedule.

WELCOME to all our new Round Two members of the Class of 2019!

Applications are still up for the season, and we look forward to welcoming you to UCLA. We’ll have a welcome event April 9, and save-the-date for FEMBApalooza 5, July 24th.

PROGRAM UPGRADE: Enrichment Program for young children of Saturday FEMBAs

We have launched an Enrichment Program in partnership with UCLA Early Care and Education exclusively for the children of UCLA Affiliates. We now have an on-campus option for child care on Saturdays.

Your young children can attend an enrichment program Saturday while you attend FEMBA classes! We can’t wait to see if we attract new FEMBAs with young children who would not have chosen to get their MBA otherwise.

CONGRATULATIONS! First Place winners of the Southern California  ACG Cup last week.

Above: l-r Jeremy Mau, David Zhou and Kyle Patterson, all Class of 2017.

ACG, the Association for Corporate Growth – Los Angeles, hosted 11 teams from multiple schools in this annual investment banking competition. Jeremy, David and Kyle’s team came out #1. The team worked hard for the three week window of the competition, and their efforts paid off!

DOING WELL WHILE DOING GOOD — ANDERSON MEETS YAMAHA MUSIC

Above: Professor Bhagwan Chowdhry, Sid Khanna 17, Dr Margaret Martin, Founder of Harmony (non-profit), D’Addario Foundation Executive Director, Suzanne D’Addario Brouder, C Terry Lewis – chairman of Yamaha Music and Wellness Institute, Dr. Barry Bittman, center, CEO/President of Yamaha Music and Wellness Institute, Bhavna Sivanand Price Center, Geetha Rajan 17, Karen Shang 17, Clarissa Chiang 17 and Navin Prabhu 17.

The photo above came from one of my favorite FEMBAassadors, Geetha Rajan 17, along with this note:

Hi Dylan,

I wanted to share an amazing opportunity that FEMBA students had this week (03/07/16) . What started off as a Net Impact Case Challenge, went as far as being chosen to represent Anderson to present our recommendations on scaling Harmony (a non-profit that focuses on positive development of low-income children through music) to the CEO/President of Yamaha Music and Wellness Institute, Dr Barry Bittman. Dr. Bittman flew in from Pittsburg to understand our recommendations and was very impressed. The Price Center and Professor Bhagwan Chowdhry have been invaluable in maintaining the relationship with Harmony and giving us this opportunity.

Further, we are also chosen to present our recommendations to an Anderson Trustee who is interested in potentially investing in Harmony!

I never knew how far this would take us. Truly an opportunity of a lifetime!

Thanks,

Geetha

TWO LiveGuides IN APRIL: MEET SRISHTI GOYAL 16 and KIESHA McCURTIS 16

Two great LiveGuide sessions so far for Spring Quarter. If you have friends who want an in-depth look at the value of FEMBA, have them sign up for either of these LiveGuide sessions:

Srishti Goyal 16 LiveGuide Session April 4

Kiesha McCurtis 16 LiveGuide Session April 21

FEMBAs sharing their experience with their peers at Northrop Grumman

Above, this year’s first Corporate Connect Information Session for Northrop Grumman employees was held at Il Fornaio Restaurant in Manhattan Beach. This event was organized by Barry Ripley 16 and attended by four other current FEMBA students Roselle Chinslo 16, Timothy Bednar 18, Stephen Moran 18, Anthony Davidson 17, and 19 prospects that currently work in the Engineering field at Northrop. There was great energy in this informal setting and several people walked away with plans to apply this year and next year. We want to thank Barry for his hard work in coordinating with current students, building the audience and reserving the restaurant to make it a convenient way for Northrop employees to meet current UCLA Anderson FEMBA students and learn about the program first hand during their lunch break.

LUNCH-AND-LEARN at the Cheesecake Factory in Sherman Oaks

Barry Ripley 16 was with Chris Thompson and me for a lunch in Sherman Oaks, above.

Last, but definitely not least, Christy Marquez and Raymond Morada put a LOT of MILES in this week recruiting. Christy did two Bay Area events, one each in San Francisco and Mountain View. She also hosted a great coffee chat here on-campus today. Raymond did two lunches, one in San Diego, and the other in Irvine. What a good, great week! Thanks to all my team.

Great weekends everyone!

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.76
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2016, 13:31
Hi all, so I applied for full time at Anderson but I got dinged and got an email offering me to interview with adcoms of FEMBA program and I have to write one more essay. I am already admitted in Tepper though. So what would you advice? I do not know much about FEMBA. How would you compare FEMBA to full time Tepper MBA? Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2016, 13:31

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 214 posts ] 

Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: nainy05, mihir0710