Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:39 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: NUS '20 (WL)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: Calling all (UNC) Kenan-Flagler Applicants - Class of 2017 [#permalink]
TAgg wrote:
Hi Ankur,

Thanks for the reply man. Getting a letter from the university might be difficult for me at the moment. Do you know of any other University of Delhi candidate (I am from Delhi College of Engineering) who might have faced a problem regarding the medium of education?

Anybody else know of any such case? I am hoping that I won't have to do the extra work :|

Thanks

I dont think you can escape this work.
You have to show a proof that states the medium of education is English ...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
mohitevs wrote:
@srshrikanth, sachdix : Any news post the f2f interviews today? Guys.... I have my interview soon. Any help will be appreciated!!

I had my face to face interview today with Sherry Wallace. It lasted about 35-40 minutes. Very conversational, very relaxed. Sherry is a very passionate person when it comes to Kenan-Flagler and you will realize if you get a chance to interview with her. I did not get any curve balls; just the usual questions which included:-
1) Why MBA? Why now? Why KF? How did you come to know about KF?
2) What are your post MBA goals?
3) What if you don't get into the company that you desire post MBA? What other companies are you looking at?
4) What was your proudest moment?
5.) What do you regret the most in your professional career? what did you learn from it?
6.) What motivates/inspires you?
7.) How would you think your classmates will describe you after 2 years?

It was a great experience talking to her. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Send PM
TAgg wrote:
ankurgupta03 wrote:
TAgg wrote:
Hello everyone.

I am a passout of University of Delhi. My marksheets are in English and my degree is in both Hindi & English. Nowhere has it been mentioned on any of them that the medium of education was English. I am applying to KFBS in R3 and have not taken TOEFL.

As per the website, TOEFL is waived for students graduating from India. But I am unsure of whether a proof of education in English will be required or not.
Can someone please tell me what can be submitted as a proof of 'the medium of education is English' if asked for it?

Thanks

You can submit a letter from your university that says that the medium of teaching was English in your college.

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for the reply man. Getting a letter from the university might be difficult for me at the moment. Do you know of any other University of Delhi candidate (I am from Delhi College of Engineering) who might have faced a problem regarding the medium of education?

Anybody else know of any such case? I am hoping that I won't have to do the extra work :|

Thanks

The transcript has that information - that the medium of instruction is English. If you don't have it, I recommend getting in touch with Kenan-Flagler and at the same time getting your transcripts made, as you'll need them once you are admitted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
TAgg wrote:

Hi Ankur,

Thanks

I think that trying to escape this work will be too much of a work by itself, specially if you are applying in multiple schools :oops:

Most, if not all Indian applicants I know, do take toefl. In fact, a good score in TOEFL (110+) can even strengthen your application, because it means you have a good grasp on English. (A trait that adcoms are often skeptical about, in a non-native student).

Writing TOEFL in India is not too much work unlike writing GMAT. You can book a date at your nearest center and you will get a result within 10-14 days. If it is the time frame and deadlines that you are worried about, write an email to admissions explaining that you have not yet taken TOEFL but have registered a date and you will email them as soon as the results arrive. In fact most applications have a column to mention your toefl date if you haven't taken one. I am sure they will understand.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
TAgg wrote:
Hello everyone.

I am a passout of University of Delhi. My marksheets are in English and my degree is in both Hindi & English. Nowhere has it been mentioned on any of them that the medium of education was English. I am applying to KFBS in R3 and have not taken TOEFL.

As per the website, TOEFL is waived for students graduating from India. But I am unsure of whether a proof of education in English will be required or not.
Can someone please tell me what can be submitted as a proof of 'the medium of education is English' if asked for it?

Thanks

I believe your transcript can do the trick. I am from IIT and I haven't submitted any letter for any of the 8 schools I applied to..Just that my transcript is in English!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mohitevs wrote:
@srshrikanth, sachdix : Any news post the f2f interviews today? Guys.... I have my interview soon. Any help will be appreciated!!

Hey..I interviewed with Meghan Gosk and the interview was really conversational...

I had just the same questions as everyone else has mentioned but in slightly random order because my answers were slightly unstructured and the conversation flew slightly randomly. I don't know what to make out of it but, one thing is sure that the interviewer would put you at ease and won't throw any curveballs!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sachdix wrote:
TAgg wrote:
Hello everyone.

Thanks

I believe your transcript can do the trick. I am from IIT and I haven't submitted any letter for any of the 8 schools I applied to..Just that my transcript is in English!!

Hi sachdix

Thanks for your reply.
If I am not wrong, your transcript does mention that the medium of instruction is English. The problem is we have semester-wise marksheets (I am from Delhi College of Engineering) and then a consolidated marksheet (containing the marks of all the subjects in one) but none of those mentions that the medium of instruction is English (although the marksheets and the degree are in English). Hence I am apprehensive. I guess I should write to KFBS.

DorkusMaximus ThePot

Thanks for your replies. I will take the TOEFL but right now I am concerned about KFBS application and hence this question.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Just checked my transcript and no, the medium of instruction isn't mentioned!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sachdix wrote:
Just checked my transcript and no, the medium of instruction isn't mentioned!!

Oh.. okay. That's some relief :)

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
sachdix DorkusMaximus : Thank you guys!! Just a last one though, is the interview blind?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TAgg wrote:
sachdix wrote:
TAgg wrote:
Hello everyone.

Thanks

Hi sachdix

Thanks for your reply.
If I am not wrong, your transcript does mention that the medium of instruction is English. The problem is we have semester-wise marksheets (I am from Delhi College of Engineering) and then a consolidated marksheet (containing the marks of all the subjects in one) but none of those mentions that the medium of instruction is English (although the marksheets and the degree are in English). Hence I am apprehensive. I guess I should write to KFBS.

DorkusMaximus ThePot

Thanks for your replies. I will take the TOEFL but right now I am concerned about KFBS application and hence this question.

Semester wise mark-sheets are not the 'transcripts' that schools are looking for. Your transcripts will have a cover letter signed and stamped by the Dean of Academics (or other concerned authority) and which will have the medium of instruction clearly stated. Then there will be copies of your semester mark-sheets, consolidated mark-sheet and your degree duly signed and stamped by the Dean of Academics (or other concerned authority). I would recommend checking with someone from your university/college, either on the forum or within your personal circle to confirm this. Do not go with how transcripts are at IIT. It would be different for your university.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mohitevs wrote:
sachdix DorkusMaximus : Thank you guys!! Just a last one though, is the interview blind?

yes, the interviewer does not have any information about you except your resume.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V30
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Heyy Kenan Aspirants,

Can anyone shed light on when the decisions will be laid out for Round 2.
And does it happen in one-go ?

Thanks in advance
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
TAgg wrote:
ankurgupta03 wrote:
TAgg wrote:
Hello everyone.

Thanks

You can submit a letter from your university that says that the medium of teaching was English in your college.

Hi Ankur,

Thanks

DCE 2k8 graduate here.
I have submitted the consolidated marksheet to all the schools that I have applied to. Tepper and KF are the only ones which have asked for such proof. Tepper however is well aware about medium of instruction at DCE and NSIT. About KF I am not really sure.
I can't afford to get a letter now, as I am abroad. I tries getting in touch with Dean academics, but the effort was a waste.
If you are in the vicinity of Delhi, then I'd recommend going to DCE personally or else your request won't get entertained.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
DCE transcript mentions that the medium of instruction is English. This transcript is separate from mark sheets.
You can get one from the academic block on campus. It takes upto a week.

TAgg wrote:
sachdix wrote:
TAgg wrote:
Hello everyone.

Thanks

Hi sachdix

Thanks for your reply.

DorkusMaximus ThePot

Retired Moderator
Send PM
saksha302 wrote:
Heyy Kenan Aspirants,

Can anyone shed light on when the decisions will be laid out for Round 2.
And does it happen in one-go ?

Thanks in advance

From what I know, the results will be declared all at once on the 2nd Feb.
All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
sachdix wrote:
srshrikant wrote:
sachdix I'm right in after you then I guess. 1515 hours.

Perfect..See ya then!!

Sorry bout the Kellogg and Duke ding mate. We're pretty much in the same boat.

Whom are you interviewing with?
I'm scheduled in Bangalore, end of the week. :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts