GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Apr 2019, 03:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: Foster '18 (A$)
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V31
GPA: 3.12
WE: Engineering (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 14:17
Hello, anyone knows the statistics for scholarships/non-resident tuition waivers for R3 applicants?
I know we have information that scholarships are limited for R3 applicants and have some info from last year topic at GC, but none are official/precise numbers.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.61
WE: Asset Management (Insurance)
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 23:39
westcoastplan wrote:
So I'm a bit confused right now. Applid R1 on Oct 15, got video interview only and was waitlisted in December. But then I got a formal interview invite at the end of December so I'm doing my campus interview this Friday the 15th - although results for R2 have been released. Does that mean I have to wait for R3 decision day (March 30)?? That's a serious problem since I have other response deadlines.....

And for those who interviewed, do I need to bring any official transcript/official test score? Couldn't find relevant information about this on the website.

Got in last Friday :)
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.8
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 09:48
I have a question for current students at Foster.

The yearly Room and Board expense estimate provided on the Foster website is $19,016. What is the actual yearly Room and Board expense if I share an apartment?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Foster '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 12:52
punters11 wrote:

The yearly Room and Board expense estimate provided on the Foster website is $19,016. What is the actual yearly Room and Board expense if I share an apartment?

Seattle can be as expensive or as cheap (relatively) as you want. I'd say $19k is a pretty good/average amount, especially if you plan to share an apartment. Keep in mind though, housing in/near campus is pretty expensive compared to other Seattle neighborhoods. For myself, I plan to budget about 12k for rent/utilities for my half(i'll be sharing/splitting with gf). After living in Boston for the past 9 years, i'm actually looking forward to a "cheaper" cost of living!
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.8
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 09:09
davoo wrote:
punters11 wrote:

Seattle can be as expensive or as cheap (relatively) as you want. I'd say $19k is a pretty good/average amount, especially if you plan to share an apartment. Keep in mind though, housing in/near campus is pretty expensive compared to other Seattle neighborhoods. For myself, I plan to budget about 12k for rent/utilities for my half(i'll be sharing/splitting with gf). After living in Boston for the past 9 years, i'm actually looking forward to a "cheaper" cost of living!

Thank you for the information.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 580 Q36 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q46 V35
WE: Public Relations (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 18:22
Hi everybody,

I had my Skype interview last Tuesday with Megan Lewis and she was SUPER nice.

First she asked me the basic questions (why an MBA, why now, why Foster, career goals, which companies, best achievement etc). At the end, our conversation went in a more personal direction - she asked what I like to do on my free time, what books I read, about family relationships etc. The interview became a good conversation and I think it went well.

I recommend you guys one thing: Try to be yourself. The interviewers probably talk with dozens of people that say the same thing. If you are honest and calm, you will be more able to show how mature and unique you are. Then, you will have more chances to stand out.

I wish you guys all the best! Good luck! :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.89
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2016, 05:12
MaryBelBr wrote:
Hi everybody,

I had my Skype interview last Tuesday with Megan Lewis and she was SUPER nice.

First she asked me the basic questions (why an MBA, why now, why Foster, career goals, which companies, best achievement etc). At the end, our conversation went in a more personal direction - she asked what I like to do on my free time, what books I read, about family relationships etc. The interview became a good conversation and I think it went well.

I recommend you guys one thing: Try to be yourself. The interviewers probably talk with dozens of people that say the same thing. If you are honest and calm, you will be more able to show how mature and unique you are. Then, you will have more chances to stand out.

I wish you guys all the best! Good luck! :-D

Hi,
My experience was similar. My interviewer was very nice and engaging. She also gave me email address of an onboarder at Foster. Foster is my first choice and I really look forward to this admit.
Could you please share your profile with us? It would help me understand the class profile in a better way than mentioned online.

Really appreciate it!!

Best
Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M$)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2016, 10:24
Of late, did anyone with a video only invite heard back from the school?
Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 04-30-2015
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 14:56
Steinbeck wrote:

Exactly, Could anyone who has had just a video interview invite, share if he/she heard anything from Foster after that??
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.47

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 15:32
Does anyone have any information on the sorts of roles that Foster grads get at big employers (Microsoft, Starbucks, Amazon, etc.)? How about likelihood of landing prestige consulting in Seattle from Foster? Lastly, are there any boutique consultants with a socially conscious element in the west that hire from Foster? Thanks! And good luck to all of you who are waiting for news (I'm waiting, too).
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.67

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 16:38
earnit wrote:
Steinbeck wrote:

Exactly, Could anyone who has had just a video interview invite, share if he/she heard anything from Foster after that??

I previously got a video interview. I just heard back and its a reject.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Foster '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 16:41
himabindualwal wrote:
earnit wrote:
Steinbeck wrote:

Sorry to hear that. But thank you so much for sharing.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 18:40
Those who got both invites on Feb 4th, any news?
Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M$)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 21:50
himabindualwal wrote:
earnit wrote:
Steinbeck wrote:

If you don't mind, can you share your background and GMAT score.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 00:50
Just got a reject mail. Was video interviewed only.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 09:52
watchmyreplay wrote:

I just had my in-person interview. My interviewer mentioned that they are still conducting interviews through the end of next week, so I doubt we'd hear before that. She said they do try to get back to people before their March 30 deadline, but did not mention how much earlier.

Fingers crossed for us all!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 11:34
rnhh wrote:
watchmyreplay wrote:

I just had my in-person interview. My interviewer mentioned that they are still conducting interviews through the end of next week, so I doubt we'd hear before that. She said they do try to get back to people before their March 30 deadline, but did not mention how much earlier.

Thanks mate! Did you do it on campus?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 14:06
watchmyreplay wrote:
rnhh wrote:
watchmyreplay wrote:

Thanks mate! Did you do it on campus?

Yes, I did. - If you can, I do recommend going to campus. You can schedule a meeting with a student and to sit in on a class, which was helpful in determining fit for me.
Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 04-30-2015
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 15:38
nitishgera wrote:

For some strange reason i have a feeling that Video interview invites ONLY was a formality. The Adcom had already made their mind but wanted to see if anything extra comes out.

Going by the trend, is there anyone who converted the Video interview Only invite to admission interview?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.61
WE: Asset Management (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 19:32
earnit wrote:
nitishgera wrote:

For some strange reason i have a feeling that Video interview invites ONLY was a formality. The Adcom had already made their mind but wanted to see if anything extra comes out.

Going by the trend, is there anyone who converted the Video interview Only invite to admission interview?

I did; and admitted afterwards. So don't give up just yet!!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 03 Mar 2016, 19:32

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  21    Next  [ 403 posts ] 

Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap