GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 16 Feb 2020, 12:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling waitlisted applicants-Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2016

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling waitlisted applicants-Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2014, 21:18
Well I applied late due work time constraints and Johnson is my #1 choice. However, I still don't trust the sincerity of the adcom. Why even have a rolling admissions

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2014, 03:08
greerwest wrote:
I'm starting to think Johnson is on some scam type of stuff. They had this rolling admissions begging people to apply, however I think the only reason they wanted more people to apply was to pad their application stats with no real intention of even admitting those in the rolling admissions period.

It could also be because they wanted people from unusual career backgrounds so that the class has a better mix of profiles. For all I know, a lot of us are waitlisted because we are from the same old career backgrounds and they have admitted enough of us in the earlier rounds.

I am totally okay with their decision to have rolling applications, but my problem is with the number of people they have waitlisted. Like other schools, they can give decisions at least for the ones they are most sure of not admitting. Its almost torture waiting until the last day. Some one year MBA folks were not given decision even on the day classes began and this is not fair.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE: Analyst (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2014, 09:55
rubirob wrote:
TheKraken wrote:
TheKraken wrote:
Received an interview invite yesterday afternoon after getting an email from Nicole about the waitlist process.

I opted to decline the interview as I can't imagine rounding up $160k in loans, finding an apartment and moving in a matter of two months. Good luck to whoever receives the next email.

Please remind, what round did you apply in?

Round 3.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2014, 05:06
good luck to all fellow waitlisted folks! Its crucial 2 weeks coming up.....
I see a few applicants from rolling application season were accepted on 31st. Lets hope its our turn next....
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2014, 12:31
Any movement on the waitlist from anyone so far?

Nothing on my end. :(
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.55

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2014, 13:27
Frankie808 wrote:
Any movement on the waitlist from anyone so far?

Nothing on my end. :(

Nothing here too :? . Eagerly waiting :(
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2014, 20:51
The trend seems to be different this year. Reading past year's thread, one can see admit calls going out from the day of deposit deadline whereas the year before, they called people 2 days after deposit deadline.

Fingers crossed......
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2014, 21:56
Anybody heard anything or contacted Nichole in the past couple days??

Either calls were made and none of us on the forum got one OR no calls were made due to high yield OR there are too many seats available and the Adcom needs time to choose (I secretly hope this is the case :-D )

Also noticed on twitter that there was a Cornell reunion last week and some of the Adcom members were in Texas. May be the reason for delay.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2014, 10:05
Well I was waitlisted without an interview so I already know that my chances are slim. What is the the point of wait listing without an interview anyway. Just seems like needless agony.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2014, 14:16
Guys, too early to lose hope.

There should be a lot of movement between this week and next.

I applied on April 20th, interviewed on May 6th, got waitlisted on May 16th and got accepted on June 9th.

During my offer call I was told that all the offers are being given out presently with a 24h turnaround period to accept/ decline. You guys need to be ready with a $3K deposit very quickly if you get the call or risk losing out!

I would HIGHLY recommend that everyone on the waitlist watch the "Getting off the MBA Waitlist" video on the first page of this thread - incredibly useful information.

I would also highly recommend that all of you be PROACTIVE in addressing the weaknesses in your application. Have an objective 3rd party look it over and give you their honest opinion. The truth hurts but the first step to getting off the WL is acknowledging and addressing the weaknesses specifically!

If you have a low GMAT (700 or less), retake that ****!
If you have a low GPA (less than 3.3), take the mbamath.com course and forward your results to your waitlist adviser once complete!
If your essays were ****, go ahead and do something super creative (like a video essay) and convince them that you are worth it!
If your work experience is lackluster, take on some volunteering opportunity at a credible local charity!
If you are a boring person with no hobbies, go get some!
BOTTOM LINE - DO SOMETHING, DON'T WAIT!
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2014, 15:11
Lphie wrote:

I applied on April 20th, interviewed on May 6th, got waitlisted on May 16th and got accepted on June 9th.

During my offer call I was told that all the offers are being given out presently with a 24h turnaround period to accept/ decline. You guys need to be ready with a $3K deposit very quickly if you get the call or risk losing out!

I would HIGHLY recommend that everyone on the waitlist watch the "Getting off the MBA Waitlist" video on the first page of this thread - incredibly useful information.

I would also highly recommend that all of you be PROACTIVE in addressing the weaknesses in your application. Have an objective 3rd party look it over and give you their honest opinion. The truth hurts but the first step to getting off the WL is acknowledging and addressing the weaknesses specifically!

If you have a low GPA (less than 3.3), take the mbamath.com course and forward your results to your waitlist adviser once complete!
If your essays were ****, go ahead and do something super creative (like a video essay) and convince them that you are worth it!
If your work experience is lackluster, take on some volunteering opportunity at a credible local charity!

My only issue is the wait list without interview which is what happened in my case. It seems a bit much at this point that they would call to interview and then offer a decision.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2014, 19:58
Lphie wrote:

Congrats Lphie!! You have two good choices :)

What you said is right. But, I also believe that they look for what is currently missing in the class and admit only such profiles. So, even if I have shown interest and done a good job of staying connected by sending concrete updates, I may still not stand a chance if they do not need someone of my career background or profile at this time.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2014, 06:33
And of course I'm just venting and fustrated. According to business week Cornell had 470 waitlist candidates last year and only accepted 40 off of it. Why would they waitlist so many.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2014, 15:56
Anyone know how Johnson views reapplicants? At this point, I'm looking at how to improve my application for next year.

Still hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2014, 19:59
Frankie808 wrote:
Anyone know how Johnson views reapplicants? At this point, I'm looking at how to improve my application for next year.

Still hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

There are quite a few reapplicants who got admitted this year and were waitlisted last year. I believe showing strong improvements and applying in Round 1 is the way to go.

I was very hopeful until the middle of this week, but not any more. It has never taken them so long to call waitlisted applicants after deposit deadline. There are so many of us from R1, R2 and R3. I did not see anybody moving into admitted bucket. How can this be? :(
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2014, 11:21
Did you guys receive the waitlist update from Nichole today? Looks like we'll still have to wait... :\
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2014, 17:30
I received the email from Nichole today. I'm still annoyed as I was waitlisted without an interview. What's the point of having me on the waitlist without an interview.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Cnsrtm-Hass '16

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2014, 17:33
Did anyone get a call from her? I missed the call today

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2014, 19:50
No call for me. I did receive a restricted call but I doubt that was them since there wasn't a voicemail. Oh well...
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2014, 07:03
Frankie808 wrote:
No call for me. I did receive a restricted call but I doubt that was them since there wasn't a voicemail. Oh well...

The ones who received a call, any updates?? I think getting a missed call from their area code is a huge positive sign :) ...... Frankie808 - in your case I hope the restricted call was from Ithaca!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling waitlisted applicants-Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2016   [#permalink] 17 Jun 2014, 07:03

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 158 posts ] 

Calling waitlisted applicants-Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2016

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: vinayakvaish, chanjaso