Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:11 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 191
Schools: NUS '25 (A)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 29960 [0]
Given Kudos: 799
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Can %correct %wrong of each question on GmatCLUB be an indicator of [#permalink]
EllaWoodMN wrote:
Can %correct %wrong of each question on GmatCLUB be an indicator of the percentile you'll get?

i.e. if you can answer most questions that have %wrong ~80% correctly, you'll likely end up at 80 percentile on quant???

For a sense of what Quant score you'll get, you may want to give an Official Mock. Two are free from the mba website.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Can %correct %wrong of each question on GmatCLUB be an indicator of [#permalink]
GmatTutorKnight wrote:
EllaWoodMN wrote:
Can %correct %wrong of each question on GmatCLUB be an indicator of the percentile you'll get?

i.e. if you can answer most questions that have %wrong ~80% correctly, you'll likely end up at 80 percentile on quant???

For a sense of what Quant score you'll get, you may want to give an Official Mock. Two are free from the mba website.

I did them all already… that’s my mistake.
I scored 760 the highest and got Q50, but on the real test days, I always struggled to sleep the night before (on the latest attempt I couldn’t sleep at all till morning and got Q43… )

I plan to utilize GmatClub CAT tests to evaluate my score from now. I asked this question to plan my study more efficiently.

Any suggestions are appreciated at this point.. I have 4 attempts left. My highest score on official test is 680, but I want to go to good schools.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Can %correct %wrong of each question on GmatCLUB be an indicator of [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi EllaWoodMN,

From what you wrote in this latest post, it sounds as though you have been studying for some time. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) On what dates did you take each of your Official GMATs and how did you score on each attempt (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
2) How long have you studied in total? How many hours do you typically study each week?
3) What study materials have you used over the course of ALL of your studies? Have you used any other “brands” of CATs/mocks besides the Official GMAT CATs?
4) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
5) What is your overall goal score?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 29960 [2]
Given Kudos: 799
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
EllaWoodMN wrote:
I did them all already… that’s my mistake.

You'll find a couple more free practice tests here: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/resources/practice-tests
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
EllaWoodMN wrote:
Thanks

Do you plan to take an official practice exam?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can %correct %wrong of each question on GmatCLUB be an indicator of [#permalink]
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
EllaWoodMN wrote:
Thanks

Hi Scott,

I need to take another test cuz I really fully utilized all the official ones.

I have weak background in quant that’s why I’ve spent a long time preparing.

I already used TTP and it helped me climb up from 390(mock) to 680(official q47 v35) already, but I’ve been plateaued at 600ish levels for months now (well I did spent 2 months May and June on IELTS so..)

However, I really don’t want to give up guys. I’m doing all I can to ensure Q49+ and want to apply this year round 2 because I’m already 29 y/o
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Currently I’m using GmatClub more heavily (i rarely used it b4) I’m following bb’s suggestions and following Bunuel’s posts.

Also I’ve just went through all GmatClub Mathbook after the latest official test and I noticed that there are theories and fundamentals that I missed before.

I’m focusing on DS and CR cuz afiak those are my weak spots, especially number theory and inequalities and absolute values.

The progress that I’m noticing is that it’s getting better i.e. I could solve some high level diff questions now that ~70% of the users got wrong while I could rarely solve anything with correct % below 50% before.

I planned to take GmatClub CAT test this Sunday cus from the reviews it seems to be the most accurate quant mock test in the market.

If u think I should try any other things or have concerns about my current approach, I’m willing to listen. Thanks in advance.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4656 [0]
Given Kudos: 633
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
EllaWoodMN wrote:
Currently I’m using GmatClub more heavily (i rarely used it b4) I’m following bb’s suggestions and following Bunuel’s posts.

Also I’ve just went through all GmatClub Mathbook after the latest official test and I noticed that there are theories and fundamentals that I missed before.

I’m focusing on DS and CR cuz afiak those are my weak spots, especially number theory and inequalities and absolute values.

The progress that I’m noticing is that it’s getting better i.e. I could solve some high level diff questions now that ~70% of the users got wrong while I could rarely solve anything with correct % below 50% before.

I planned to take GmatClub CAT test this Sunday cus from the reviews it seems to be the most accurate quant mock test in the market.

If u think I should try any other things or have concerns about my current approach, I’m willing to listen. Thanks in advance.

Hi EllaWoodMN,

It's great to see that you're improving. I do recommend, however, that you not look too closely at the score estimates your non-official tests generate. They're just not as accurate as the official tests.
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 9247 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
 Q51  V47
Send PM
Expert Reply
EllaWoodMN wrote:

No, that's not how percentiles and 'hit rate' are related. In fact, if you see a question that more than 80% of test takers get wrong, then there's probably something wrong with the question -- that would mean test takers would do better at the question guessing purely randomly than by actually trying to answer the question, so the question isn't testing ability for some reason. That will happen with some prep company questions that are badly worded (or that have the wrong recorded answer on the forum) but should never happen with an official question.

If you're in, say, the 90th percentile, that just means you're better than 90% of the test taking population. It does not mean that there are questions 90% of people get wrong that you get right (that's not even close to true, although I've heard some 'experts' say that it is).
Send PM
Expert Reply
EllaWoodMN wrote:
EllaWoodMN wrote:
Thanks

Hi Scott,

I already used TTP and it helped me climb up from 390(mock) to 680(official q47 v35) already, but I’ve been plateaued at 600ish levels for months now (well I did spent 2 months May and June on IELTS so..)

However, I really don’t want to give up guys. I’m doing all I can to ensure Q49+ and want to apply this year round 2 because I’m already 29 y/o

You've taken all 6 official practice exams?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EllaWoodMN wrote:

Hi Scott,

You've taken all 6 official practice exams?[/quote]

Yes Scott..

I got 700+ on mocks tho but my weak background on quant + anxiety got the best of me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also I’m from a non-native country where proper English education wasn’t there when I was in school, so I needed to spend 2 months on IELTS.

Send PM
Expert Reply
EllaWoodMN wrote:

Yes Scott..

I got 700+ on mocks tho but my weak background on quant + anxiety got the best of me.

Given that anxiety got the best of you, I have an important article for you to check out:

How to Eliminate GMAT Test-Day Anxiety
GMAT Club Bot