GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 04 Apr 2020, 00:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V38
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2014, 13:40
I got my packet today.. no scholarship though :( .. anyone aware of the GA/TA opportunities ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2013
Posts: 22
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.4
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2014, 22:45
no scholarship for me as well! :( :(
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 7505
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 30 Jan 2014, 14:01
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

We are bringing a webinar with Q&A as well as chats with current students focused on the Waitlisted Applicants.
The first event of this series is Webinar conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session. This is your opportunity to ask your specific questions. The webinar will take place on 31st January 2014, Friday, 9 AM PST.

We shall also be conducting chat sessions with some Current students from various schools who were successfully admitted from a waitlist so you can learn what to expect from the process, what worked for them, and what it takes. These chats shall take place in our Chat Room. We will release the times & Dates (all will be the first week of February)

Registration Link: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/531329318
Download event to your Outlook
If you are on a waitlist - you do NOT want to miss these!

The webinar and chats are free. There will be a 30-minute Q&A session at the end of the Webinar on Friday Jan 31st at 9 AM PST - join to have your questions answered.

Thank You! :)
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs

Originally posted by Narenn on 28 Jan 2014, 12:06.
Last edited by Narenn on 30 Jan 2014, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
Registration link added
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2011
Posts: 285
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2014, 00:57
Congrats to the admitted fellows. I will submit my app in few hours. Can anyone tell me how Carlson works with the references I provided in the app? What's the approach? They are supposed to write recos in a later point of time? Or they just contact if they have any queries? How does this work?

Thanks,
Prodizy
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2014, 02:33
1
prodizy wrote:
Congrats to the admitted fellows. I will submit my app in few hours. Can anyone tell me how Carlson works with the references I provided in the app? What's the approach? They are supposed to write recos in a later point of time? Or they just contact if they have any queries? How does this work?

Thanks,
Prodizy



Hey Prodizy,

In my case the adcom never contacted any of the three recommenders.. I was interviewed in Mumbai on the 28th of September (At the MBA tour event).. I submitted my application on the 1st of November and after that never heard from them until the admission decision date!

Their website states that the adcom will contact the recommenders if they have any questions regarding the application. They prefer a telephonic interaction but because of the time difference, I don't think they will directly call the recommenders..

The interview questions were the usual: why MBA, why now, why Carlson, What will you give the community, have you faced any ethical dilemma, where else are you going to apply etc. These are questions I remember off-hand.. Try to interact with a current student or faculty.. They really like that you have taken some extra efforts to understand the culture of the university.

All the best for your application, :thumbup:
KTM
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2011
Posts: 285
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2014, 02:49
KTM wrote:
prodizy wrote:
Congrats to the admitted fellows. I will submit my app in few hours. Can anyone tell me how Carlson works with the references I provided in the app? What's the approach? They are supposed to write recos in a later point of time? Or they just contact if they have any queries? How does this work?

Thanks,
Prodizy



Hey Prodizy,

In my case the adcom never contacted any of the three recommenders.. I was interviewed in Mumbai on the 28th of September (At the MBA tour event).. I submitted my application on the 1st of November and after that never heard from them until the admission decision date!

Their website states that the adcom will contact the recommenders if they have any questions regarding the application. They prefer a telephonic interaction but because of the time difference, I don't think they will directly call the recommenders..

The interview questions were the usual: why MBA, why now, why Carlson, What will you give the community, have you faced any ethical dilemma, where else are you going to apply etc. These are questions I remember off-hand.. Try to interact with a current student or faculty.. They really like that you have taken some extra efforts to understand the culture of the university.

All the best for your application, :thumbup:
KTM


Thanks, KTM. Very useful.

Thanks,
Prodizy
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2011
Posts: 285
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2014, 21:04
Hey fellows,

Any round 3ers? I submitted the app yesterday. First time this season, I am a bit content with my application. Hope to hear from them soon.

I liked the Information Systems specialization in Carlson. I have a feeling that Carlson is going to do a lot better in the coming years. It's a school on the up. Dean Srilatha is a fiesty advocate of the school. I looked at some of the videos and hooked. Only bad thing is the weather :) What do you people think? What do you like/dislike about the school?

Thanks,
Prodizy
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 7505
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 05:51

!
Join us for a chat with several current students who have been admitted from WL last year.
When: Tue Feb 4th at 9 AM PST
Where: GMAT Club Chat



The recording of the Getting off a Waitlist Webinar is now available on Youtube:



_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 77
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 13:06
Hello All,

I am a R3 applicant. I submitted my application on 1/7/2014. I just received an interview invitation! Does anyone have some advice for the interview?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Sigh.
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 245
Location: India
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 13:13
Does Carlson do rolling admissions? Their website (http://www.carlsonschool.umn.edu/mba/fu ... ments.html) says:

Deadlines for U.S. and International Applicants

Apply by November 1 to receive a response by January 15
Apply by December 1 to receive a response by February 15
Apply by February 1 to receive a response by April 15

U.S. Applicants Only

Apply by April 1 to receive a response by May 15

I submitted my application as per this on 1st Feb for R3!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2013
Posts: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 22:49
sobe1hopeful wrote:
Hello All,

I am a R3 applicant. I submitted my application on 1/7/2014. I just received an interview invitation! Does anyone have some advice for the interview?

Thanks!


My interview had no surprises, it had just all the standard questions - Why MBA, Why Carlson, Walk me through yoru CV, Any situation where you faced conflict of interest, career goals etc. It had lasted 30 minutes.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2013
Posts: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 22:54
prodizy wrote:
Hey fellows,

Any round 3ers? I submitted the app yesterday. First time this season, I am a bit content with my application. Hope to hear from them soon.

I liked the Information Systems specialization in Carlson. I have a feeling that Carlson is going to do a lot better in the coming years. It's a school on the up. Dean Srilatha is a fiesty advocate of the school. I looked at some of the videos and hooked. Only bad thing is the weather :) What do you people think? What do you like/dislike about the school?

Thanks,
Prodizy


What I like:
1. Located in a city so very good networking opportunities.
2. Very strong regional ties with companies in and around minnesota.
3. Small Class-size (in an otherwise huge university).
4. They gave me a very generous Schol. :-D

Don't like:
Not a lot of people get work opportunities outside of the midwest area.
Winters :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Sigh.
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 245
Location: India
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 23:06
punitpallav wrote:
What I like:
1. Located in a city so very good networking opportunities.
2. Very strong regional ties with companies in and around minnesota.
3. Small Class-size (in an otherwise huge university).
4. They gave me a very generous Schol. :-D

Don't like:
Not a lot of people get work opportunities outside of the midwest area.
Winters :)


You've decided to matriculate at Carlson school? :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 13
Schools: Broad '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 10:25
Admitted!! Round 2 applicant, interviewed on 13th Jan.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Posts: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.8
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 11:18
Admitted too. So quick because I'm a R3 applicant. Kudos to admission team.

Awaiting for my financial package. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: Fisher '16 (M$)
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2014, 02:39
Nghiemhai86 wrote:
Admitted too. So quick because I'm a R3 applicant. Kudos to admission team.

Awaiting for my financial package. :)


Congrats Nghiemhai86. Which school you are planning to matriculate ?
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2011
Posts: 285
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2014, 10:33
1
Now that we are awaiting interview invites, and preparing for interviews is the next logical step(instead of biting our nails), I am sharing this great post I came across about interviews.

rhyme-s-totally-fallible-guide-to-interviewing-55030.html

Thanks,
Prodizy
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2011
Posts: 285
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2014, 08:34
Just received the interview invite... thrilled!

Thanks,
Prodizy
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Sigh.
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 245
Location: India
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2014, 20:49
1
prodizy wrote:
Just received the interview invite... thrilled!

Thanks,
Prodizy


received an invite last night too.
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2011
Posts: 285
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2014, 23:47
kaustubhkul wrote:
prodizy wrote:
Just received the interview invite... thrilled!

Thanks,
Prodizy


received an invite last night too.


Great news! All the best!

Thanks,
Prodizy
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2014, 23:47

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 219 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne