It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 23:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE: Consulting (Retail)
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 10:29
Has anyone had any luck asking Booth to match scholarship offers from other schools? I have a pretty significant offer from a peer school that really takes Booth off the table for me unless they match or come close. I notified the admissions office and they replied back with a "maybe, we'll get back to you". Just trying to get an idea if anyone has had success or if I should give up hope. The other school even has the same admitted students weekend, so I would love to know before having to make a decision on which to attend.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3711 [0], given: 2420

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 12:23
AnnouncementLive Q&A with Prodigy Finance

Congratulations to all new Admits!! We are delighted to inform you that we are holding a chat session with representative of Prodigy Finance on forum for the applicants who are considering Prodigy to fund their MBA education. This is the best opportunity for you to get to know about various education loan options provided by ProdigyFinance. You are also welcome to discuss your questions regarding eligibility criteria, funding limits, terms and conditions, interest rate, repayment tenure, country specific rules, etc.

Date: January 21, 2016
Time: 8 AM Pacific Time
Place: GMAT Club Chat Room http://gmatclub.com/gchat/
Presenter: Zack Hirschfeld - Student Relations Manager, Prodigy Finance.
Prodigy Finance&dates=20160121T154000Z/20160121T170000Z&details=GMAT Club Live Chat with Prodigy Finance&location=GMATClub chat room" target="_blank">

About Prodigy Finance and Zack Hirschfeld

Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has been revolutionising student finance. Our innovative model allows us to offer loans to international postgraduate students at leading universities and business schools. Through out community platform, alumni and other investors earn market-rate returns, while students gain access to higher education they otherwise may not have been able to finance.

Zack Hirschfeld is Prodigy Finance's Student Relations Manager. He was born in San Francisco, explored 35 countries across 5 continents, and now lives in New York. He has a degree in International Relations from Bucknell University. Zack loves his job, and believes it's a great privilege to speak with students from around the world, helping them to reach their goals.

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3711 [0], given: 2420

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 121 [0], given: 93

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Accounting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 02:03
Hey guys, is there a whatsapp group or something similar for admitted students?

Stay positive! ^.^

My blog - http://www.mbafortech.com

Kudos [?]: 121 [0], given: 93

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GRE 1: 322 Q167 V155
GRE 2: 331 Q167 V164
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 08:50
Hello, international applicant from Bangladesh here. Im going to have my R2 interview over phone next week. TBH, I am quite skeptic about it but unfortunately I could not afford travelling abroad for the interview. So, phone interview it is.

Can anyone please share their experience of an interview over phone ?

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 332 Q162 V170
GPA: 3.32
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 14:28
gadela wrote:
is anyone here also applying to the MPP program at Chicago Harris school of public policy?

I applied and was admitted last week.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Concentration: International Business, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 10:25
nice! are you going to accept?

I was also admitted, and I'm accepting the dual degree program. now i just have to figure out where to live for 3 years.

jb103l wrote:
gadela wrote:
is anyone here also applying to the MPP program at Chicago Harris school of public policy?

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 13:49
Does anyone know when orientation and classes start for 2016 intake?

Thanks!
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Current Student

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 332 Q162 V170
GPA: 3.32
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 15:38
gadela wrote:
nice! are you going to accept?

I was also admitted, and I'm accepting the dual degree program. now i just have to figure out where to live for 3 years.

jb103l wrote:
gadela wrote:

I'm 80% sure I am going to accept. Will be visiting during the preview days during the 1st week of April. Are you attending the one for Chicago Harris on April 1st?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 39

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.73
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 16:09
xuxu4 wrote:
Does anyone know when orientation and classes start for 2016 intake?

Thanks!
B

Hi there! It was in the email sent out with acceptance details: orientation on 9/6 and first day of class on 9/29. Email excerpt is below.

"All incoming students are required to attend the first day of Orientation+ on September 6, 2016 and all mandatory sessions of Orientation+ through the first day of Autumn Quarter classes, September 29, 2016."

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 39

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 48

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 11:23
Has anyone had their Re Vera background checks completed? Mine seem to be taking longer than I expected.

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 48

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 22

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 05:19
Hi All! I'm still in disbelief that I even got in, so I do realize this is a silly question to agonize over, but my Booth and Stern admitted student weekends are on the same weekend. Anyone else in the same boat? Maybe not the exact same school combo, but I'm trying to decide if I try to make it to half of each or just one.... thoughts?

Current Student

GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 3: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 07:06
LPiwi wrote:
Hi All! I'm still in disbelief that I even got in, so I do realize this is a silly question to agonize over, but my Booth and Stern admitted student weekends are on the same weekend. Anyone else in the same boat? Maybe not the exact same school combo, but I'm trying to decide if I try to make it to half of each or just one.... thoughts?

I have the same predicament, but with Tuck. It depends on how much you want to attend both programs. I decided to do Thursday-Friday in Chicago, and Saturday-Sunday in Hanover. You can use the events to learn as much about the programs, but if you are already decided then definitely attend that schools Admit Weekend.

Current Student

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 09:09
MBAHopeful91 wrote:
LPiwi wrote:

I have the same predicament, but with Tuck. It depends on how much you want to attend both programs. I decided to do Thursday-Friday in Chicago, and Saturday-Sunday in Hanover. You can use the events to learn as much about the programs, but if you are already decided then definitely attend that schools Admit Weekend.

Wow yea, I feel like Booth and Tuck are very different student experiences and you definitely want to get a sense for each. I saw you got in Stern as well. Are you pretty much between Booth and Tuck? I'm trying to base my decision on fit rather than prestige/rankings... especially when Stern's recent ranking was kind of an anomaly. I've also just been really impressed with Booth's attention to detail and the small personal touches they've added throughout the process.

2 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [2], given: 0

GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 3: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 09:45
This post received
KUDOS
LPiwi wrote:
MBAHopeful91 wrote:
LPiwi wrote:

Wow yea, I feel like Booth and Tuck are very different student experiences and you definitely want to get a sense for each. I saw you got in Stern as well. Are you pretty much between Booth and Tuck? I'm trying to base my decision on fit rather than prestige/rankings... especially when Stern's recent ranking was kind of an anomaly. I've also just been really impressed with Booth's attention to detail and the small personal touches they've added throughout the process.

Yes, my decision is between Tuck and Booth. I really like Stern, but I received a substantial scholarship from Tuck, making my decision pretty difficult. I agree with Booth's attention to detail with not only the Adcom, but also the students. Everyone mentions fit as the best predictor, so I am trying to be impartial till the admit weekends. Hopefully a light bulb clicks for both of us during that weekend.

Kudos [?]: 7 [2], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 2

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 08:08
This post received
KUDOS
I have a similar Admitted Students conflict with Ross and possibly w/ Kellogg if I get in. I will be attending Booth's -- not an easy decision, but always better to have to make a choice than to have no choice to make!

Separately, does anyone have specific laptop recommendations for b-school. I definitely want to forego a Mac (cost, compatibility), otherwise, I just want something convenient with the requisite functionality. Looks like Lenovo is a heavy favorite... Either the T450s or the 250X. Any others?

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 2

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 10:40
caw wrote:
I have a similar Admitted Students conflict with Ross and possibly w/ Kellogg if I get in. I will be attending Booth's -- not an easy decision, but always better to have to make a choice than to have no choice to make!

Separately, does anyone have specific laptop recommendations for b-school. I definitely want to forego a Mac (cost, compatibility), otherwise, I just want something convenient with the requisite functionality. Looks like Lenovo is a heavy favorite... Either the T450s or the 250X. Any others?

Lenovo T450s is awesome. But granted, I'm not a big Apple fan.

Have you decided which school you will choose out of Booth, Ross and Kellogg, if admitted?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 10:48
nurik wrote:
caw wrote:

Lenovo T450s is awesome. But granted, I'm not a big Apple fan.

Have you decided which school you will choose out of Booth, Ross and Kellogg, if admitted?

I will give the T450s (I think the newest version is the T460s) a good look. I have a clear favorite, but am not going to divulge until I make it official. Frankly, I am still on cloud 9 with my acceptances, but the financial component of tuition + living expenses is already making me short of breath... Really envious of those who received strong aid packages...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 11:24
Has anyone completed their verification process already?
Curious about the average timeline and how long it takes until it's cleared.

Current Student

Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 11:56
IAmHope wrote:

I have not completed. In fact, I haven't really looked into it... Aside from rounding to the nearest tenth in my gpa, I didn't claim anything that isn't 100% verifiable, so I haven't given it any thought...

Also, awesome work on the B-school applications, looks like you have a number a solid programs to choose from... I'm curious to see which one will have the blue "M" next to it!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 12:04
caw wrote:
IAmHope wrote:

I have not completed. In fact, I haven't really looked into it... Aside from rounding to the nearest tenth in my gpa, I didn't claim anything that isn't 100% verifiable, so I haven't given it any thought...

Also, awesome work on the B-school applications, looks like you have a number a solid programs to choose from... I'm curious to see which one will have the blue "M" next to it!

Thanks!
The reason I'm asking is that I want to quit my job earlier than I and the company initially expected and travel to some remote places.
Hence, the eagerness to finish with all the B-school related to do list.

Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 23 Mar 2016, 12:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 81 posts ] 

Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap