GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 23 Jan 2020, 13:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Retired Moderator
avatar
Status: Flying over the cloud!
Joined: 17 Aug 2011
Posts: 474
Location: Viet Nam
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT Date: 06-06-2014
GPA: 3.07
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 11:38
1
This thread is for all Booth Accepted applicants, for the Class of 2018. Congrats to all new Admits!! :thumbup:




*Note:- If you can't find your username in the above list, make sure you have updated your GMAT Club profile status to 'Admitted' or PM me
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 41
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE: Consulting (Retail)
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 12:39
1
Ok - i'll go first.

Anyone else keep checking their phone to make sure the call from the 773 # actually happened?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 14:40
Super excited here - congratulations all!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2015
Posts: 14
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 14:46
barcelonafan wrote:
Ok - i'll go first.

Anyone else keep checking their phone to make sure the call from the 773 # actually happened?


Haha I actually did the same thing! Fellow Barcelona fan here too ;-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 May 2013
Posts: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 00:47
StressEater wrote:
barcelonafan wrote:
Ok - i'll go first.

Anyone else keep checking their phone to make sure the call from the 773 # actually happened?


Haha I actually did the same thing! Fellow Barcelona fan here too ;-)


Me too, not sure whether I was asleep or awake when the call came in! :wink:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 28
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 04:38
Congrats to all!

And guys, what exactly is the admit weekend? Is it recommended to visit anyway or is it aimed more at people who did not visit campus? Wondering if it's worth flying all the way from Russia.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 May 2011
Posts: 177
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Accounting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 06:49
idah0 wrote:
Congrats to all!

And guys, what exactly is the admit weekend? Is it recommended to visit anyway or is it aimed more at people who did not visit campus? Wondering if it's worth flying all the way from Russia.


It is to help you better understand if you want to spend 2 years of your life there =) They want to ensure fit. I'm also from Russia.
_________________

Stay positive! ^.^


My blog - http://www.mbafortech.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 28
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 06:53
kvazar wrote:
idah0 wrote:
Congrats to all!

And guys, what exactly is the admit weekend? Is it recommended to visit anyway or is it aimed more at people who did not visit campus? Wondering if it's worth flying all the way from Russia.


It is to help you better understand if you want to spend 2 years of your life there =) They want to ensure fit. I'm also from Russia.


Are you going? I did my interview on campus and I am pretty sure that I do want to spend 2 years there :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2015
Posts: 14
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 09:07
Did any of you get an e-mail? I'm just going through what's there in the application. And I'm super overwhelmed by the flood of resources that just came online! I didn't know where to start so I just closed it all down to come back later. Haha.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 May 2011
Posts: 177
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Accounting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 09:10
idah0 wrote:
kvazar wrote:
idah0 wrote:
Congrats to all!

And guys, what exactly is the admit weekend? Is it recommended to visit anyway or is it aimed more at people who did not visit campus? Wondering if it's worth flying all the way from Russia.


It is to help you better understand if you want to spend 2 years of your life there =) They want to ensure fit. I'm also from Russia.


Are you going? I did my interview on campus and I am pretty sure that I do want to spend 2 years there :)


I haven't visited campus, so most likely I will go.
_________________

Stay positive! ^.^


My blog - http://www.mbafortech.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Posts: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 10:35
Congrats, guys! I'm also in. Just filled in the admission response form on application site.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 10:48
pisitputt wrote:
Congrats, guys! I'm also in. Just filled in the admission response form on application site.


Does anyone see a due date for the admissions response?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 10:52
It looks like I got a little bit excited and missed the email from the admissions team: our response form and non-refundable deposit are both due on February 12th
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2014
Posts: 164
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 11:28
Guys congrats on your admits. I bet it must be really exciting.

I am drafting essay for R2 Booth. Anyone willing to chime in for this question? I would really appreciate.

I am deep diving into my personal side while trying to answer the essay question. Still the essay would include few professional experience as well. However, the story would be driven more by personal aspects. Is it ok to focus on personal aspects more on the essay, if it fits well? In addition to some glimpse of professional side in the essay, I will anyways be answering those short term and long term goal sections.
Which School to Choose Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 290
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 18:37
Congratulations to all of you on getting accepted! I just finished my first quarter at Booth and the experience has been great so far. I would highly recommend going to First Day if you can swing it. Even if you've visited campus before, First Day is really the best way to get to know the school better and determine if its the right fit for you. I was deciding between schools and after First Day it was clear that Booth was the place for me.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Posts: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT ToolKit User
Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 11 Dec 2015, 00:54
ToTheFuture wrote:
sirkai wrote:
Congrats, guys! I'm also in. Just filled in the admission response form on application site.


Does anyone see a due date for the admissions response?


I didn't see the due date for the submission of admission response form. However, deposit is due Feb 12, 2016. So basically, I guess you can accept the offer first, input requested personal information, and confirm your acceptance through deposit later.

Originally posted by sirkai on 10 Dec 2015, 22:21.
Last edited by sirkai on 11 Dec 2015, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2015
Posts: 22
Location: United States (CA)
Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 23 Mar 2016, 12:59
-

Originally posted by HopefulFella on 10 Dec 2015, 22:52.
Last edited by HopefulFella on 23 Mar 2016, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 28
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 04:41
Is there any information on whether / when / how we need to send our official transcripts?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 May 2011
Posts: 177
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Accounting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 06:39
idah0 wrote:
Is there any information on whether / when / how we need to send our official transcripts?


Yep, it's in checklist. - Thats a page you get access to after being admitted. I can't give you URL right now, but just login to student portal, it should be there.
_________________

Stay positive! ^.^


My blog - http://www.mbafortech.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 28
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 06:43
kvazar wrote:
idah0 wrote:
Is there any information on whether / when / how we need to send our official transcripts?


Yep, it's in checklist. - Thats a page you get access to after being admitted. I can't give you URL right now, but just login to student portal, it should be there.


Mine has only a red cross and awaiting status for the enrollment deposit. All other forms are green check marks, including transcripts I uploaded for my application.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 11 Dec 2015, 06:43

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 81 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carbazzy, fatmike, ambera33






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne