It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 11:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 48

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Re: Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 12:06
IAmHope wrote:
Has anyone completed their verification process already?
Curious about the average timeline and how long it takes until it's cleared.

I'm ready for the torture to end! I hate the antici
pation!

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 14:54
Forgot to ask in my earlier post - has anyone received their post package from Booth yet?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 15:12
nurik wrote:
Forgot to ask in my earlier post - has anyone received their post package from Booth yet?

i have!!! letter and scarf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Student

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 15:35
MBAHopef wrote:
nurik wrote:

Nice! Do you remember when you received it? I haven't received mine yet.

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 16:37
nurik wrote:
MBAHopef wrote:
nurik wrote:

Nice! Do you remember when you received it? I haven't received mine yet.

got the call on 3/17 and received the package yesterday

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 13:27
I can't find the 'First Day April 7-9' on the Booth Events app. Anyone else having the same trouble?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 22:02
In the whatsapp group, other people were discussing the issues with the app.

The first day team sent a link to use until the app works properly: http://chibooth.quickmobile.mobi

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 06:14
Thanks. Are there explicit instructions on how to join the What's App conversation? I can't seem to find an email with directions / instructions...

Current Student

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 07:16
You can request to join the conversation via Facebook group. Otherwise, send me a message with your number and I will ask a group admin to include you!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 39

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.73
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 16:46
caw wrote:
I can't find the 'First Day April 7-9' on the Booth Events app. Anyone else having the same trouble?

I see it in the app now under the Future Events section!

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 39

Current Student

GPA: 2.94

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2016, 10:26
"Hello

I am looking and comparing Millennium Park Plaza, Columbus, Tides, Aqua, (?) and comparing prices vs facilities. Anyone found any info?
How do we find flatmates...
Also I dont want crazy flatmates, just nice people who are clean, easy going and quiet."
Yeah I was thinking of staying in Hyde park: cheap, safe, good gym. But if everyone seems to be going to the loop then i have no choice but to submit to peer pressure.
Also because it will be more fun (and expensive).

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 2

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2016, 11:51
This post received
KUDOS
jasonc1111 wrote:
"Hello

I am looking and comparing Millennium Park Plaza, Columbus, Tides, Aqua, (?) and comparing prices vs facilities. Anyone found any info?
Also I dont want crazy flatmates, just nice people who are clean, easy going and quiet."
Yeah I was thinking of staying in Hyde park: cheap, safe, good gym. But if everyone seems to be going to the loop then i have no choice but to submit to peer pressure.

I am not sure if you are coming for First Day, but I live in Chicago and can give a bit of my own advice / opinions on neighborhoods...

Hyde Park: HP is the neighborhood where U of C is located. It is about 20 minutes south of downtown Chicago. HP has some nice parts, but is largely surrounded by higher crime neighborhoods. HP is definitely less expensive that neighborhoods in downtown Chicago, but it comes at a price and a trade off. Unless there are very specific and important reasons to be within walking distance of U of C, I would encourage students to consider living in downtown Chicago.

MPP/Aqua/Shoream (Lake Shore East): This is the area where most Booth students live. It is within walking distance of the train station that drops you on the doorstep of U of C. Apparently, this is the de facto 'Booth Campus.' Personally, I live about 1.5 miles west of LSE, and am not crazy about the neighborhood. It is pretty sterile and aside from a Mariano's grocery store, it lacks any real culture or community.

River North: This is probably a bit more expensive than Lake Shore East and it will probably require a cab/uber to get to campus, however, it is in the middle of the 'Chicago scene.' If you are looking to experience the city more, this is a good decision.

There are many more neighborhoods than the ones listed above. In fact, I would argue that the best Chicago neighborhoods are not ideal for Booth students due to the commute. Lincoln Park, Old Town, West Loop, Wicker Park, Buck Town, etc...

Feel free to DM me for more information!

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 2

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 30

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Booth '17 (M)
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2016, 15:08
jasonc1111 wrote:
"Hello

Only around 5% of Booth students live in Hyde Park and it's mostly families who want a larger place/more quiet and don't mind about missing out on some of the social aspects of Booth. I personally wouldn't recommend it unless you have a family and are looking for that. 60% of Booth students live in the Loop (MPP and Lakeshore East Buildings), with 50% of those (or 30% of the entire class) living in MPP. I live in MPP and it's great because you're a 10 second walk away from the train and you get a dorm like feel while living in a highrise Chicago apartment. The LSE buildings are a bit nicer and more expensive but don't have as many Booth students. You'll get a lot more info on housing during First Day and there are housing tours on Saturday so hopefully you'll get the chance to check out a bunch of the buildings.

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 30

Current Student

GRE 1: 328 Q166 V162

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2016, 07:15
barcelonafan wrote:
Has anyone had any luck asking Booth to match scholarship offers from other schools? I have a pretty significant offer from a peer school that really takes Booth off the table for me unless they match or come close. I notified the admissions office and they replied back with a "maybe, we'll get back to you". Just trying to get an idea if anyone has had success or if I should give up hope. The other school even has the same admitted students weekend, so I would love to know before having to make a decision on which to attend.

Did you try doing this/have any luck? Anyone else tried? I'm in the same boat with peer schools offering materially more.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2016, 09:36
Does anyone have thoughts on laptops for school?

Expert Post
Math Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 1627 [0], given: 792

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2016, 09:47
caw wrote:
Does anyone have thoughts on laptops for school?

Couple of posts:
best-business-school-laptop-189652-20.html
best-brand-of-laptop-for-mba-129679-60.html

Usually, PCs are preferable over Macs due to higher customability (but this can vary form one individual to another). Lenovo has a good range of laptops too and the surface 4 is a good hybrid (tablet+PC) for personal use.

There are sufficient number of options in the market and it all comes down to how much do you want to spend, what are the specs you have been recommended, how much modeling (excel) are you foreseeing for yourself etc.

Thursday with Ron updated list as of July 1st, 2015: http://gmatclub.com/forum/consolidated-thursday-with-ron-list-for-all-the-sections-201006.html#p1544515
Rules for Posting in Quant Forums: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html
Writing Mathematical Formulae in your posts: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html#p1096628
GMATCLUB Math Book: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-in-downloadable-pdf-format-130609.html
Everything Related to Inequalities: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-made-easy-206653.html#p1582891
Inequalities tips: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-tips-and-hints-175001.html
Debrief, 650 to 750: http://gmatclub.com/forum/650-to-750-a-10-month-journey-to-the-score-203190.html

Kudos [?]: 1627 [0], given: 792

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2016, 09:12
Hi everybody!

Congrats on being in the class of 2018 at Booth.

I'm currently a Kellogg student looking to rent out a 2 bed/2 bath unit I own in downtown Chicago. The unit is in the Lakeshore East complex right next to where the Booth "dorms" are and extremely close to all public transportation and nightlife in the area. Let me know if you're interested in renting the unit out the next two years and I can send you more details.

Feel free to contact me at rchan411@gmail.com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2016, 05:59
Hi there! Does anyone know when the intl. visa process begins?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2016, 12:03
Hi everybody!

Congrats on being in the class of 2018 at Booth.

I'm currently a Kellogg student looking to rent out a 2 bed/2 bath unit I own in downtown Chicago. The unit is in the Lakeshore East complex right next to where the Booth "dorms" are and extremely close to all public transportation and nightlife in the area. Let me know if you're interested in renting the unit out the next two years and I can send you more details.

Feel free to contact me at rchan411@gmail.com

Current Student

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2016, 20:24
The new 2016-17 cost of attendance is up. Doesn't look good if you are interested in leveraging domestic loans to pay for part of your cost of living expenses during school. The only expenses increased were school tuition, health insurance, and the student life fee. All cost of living oriented line items were held constant. In other words, you can go into more debt but you won't see any increased cost of living slack for it.

Kind of disappointed.

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa

Chicago Booth 2016 Intake: Calling all Admitted Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 12 May 2016, 20:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 81 posts ]