GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Nov 2019, 18:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

EMBA TRIUM vs. IMD vs. Kellogg-HKUST vs. INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
EMBA TRIUM vs. IMD vs. Kellogg-HKUST vs. INSEAD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2019, 06:13
Hello,

I am in a fortunate yet tough situation as I have to choose between some of real big names in the EMBA universe. Need some help from this forum.

I have applied to 3 of the above programs and have received admits from TRIUM and IMD. Am quite confident of getting one from Kellogg-HKUST as well. A bit dodgy on INSEAD as taking the Executive Assessment isn't something I have energy for. Here's what I am thinking and would appreciate inputs from the group:

- I have entrepreneurial ambitions and am looking at a school that supports those. TRIUM, by far, seems to have the best Capstone program that excites me a lot. Even though TRIUM is ranked no. 2 on the FT list, it still doesn't have the same brand value as an INSEAD or Kellogg.
- IMD is a great school, however, their 2nd module is 100% online study and that's not the most interesting way to learn. I am also not sure how is IMD as a brand in the US.
- Kellogg-HKUST is ranked number one currently, however, has a weekend study routine that requires you to travel to Hong Kong twice a month. Not the easiest on work/family routine. I have ambitions to work in Europe and US for the next few years and this might be helpful for that.

Your candid views on the above schools and any other information that would be helpful for me to decide are much appreciated.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: EMBA TRIUM vs. IMD vs. Kellogg-HKUST vs. INSEAD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2019, 13:39
Welcome to GMAT Club and congratulations on your admits!
Moving this to a better forum.

Are you living in EU, US, or Asia at the moment?
What are your career goals after MBA?

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2019, 14:05
Thank you for your response. I am based in India. My immediate goal is to lead a Sales unit in my company. And long term goal is to set up my own technology firm.

I am torn between Kellogg and TRIUM at this stage. Kellogg is a much bigger brand and TRIUM just feels like the right program with their 'easier to manage' 6 learning modules. I want to look at sales jobs in US or Europe and am not sure whether NYU Stern or HEC hold as much value as Kellogg.

Thanks again.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
EMBA TRIUM vs. IMD vs. Kellogg-HKUST vs. INSEAD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2019, 17:28
Congrats on your admits!

I have to say TRIUM is a new brand/name and it is hard to explain to someone (or a lot of people) who have not heard of it, what it is, since LSE does not even offer an MBA but I can definitely see what they were doing - trying to get 3 strong brands but you will likely have some growing pains while Kellogg has a well-oiled EMBA machien with other partner schools (I there are 5 such partnerships overall).

I would pick the program where you can network well with others. One of the big values of the EMBA program, is the network and connections you will build with your peers. It is not about cool professors (which I am sure all programs have) and definitely not about on-campus recruiting since that does not exist really, but the big opportunity is your classmates. You will be learning from them, from their mistakes, and they will be learning from you and your mistakes. If most of the time you are just doing online modules and skype calls, that will not help you build camaraderie. You need to be together, locked in and suffering - that will make you bond and learn. You want to be able to hit someone up 5 or 10 years from now and have them remember you as a person rather than a username like "bb" or something :lol:

Think which program has a good size student body and will allow you to interact frequently with your classmates. See which program has the people you want to network with and then pick that program.

P.S. The HKUST/Kellogg weekend events are quite fun, filled with team-building exercises and events around the Clear Water Bay and HKUST campus. I had a chance to see one of those in action. They used to stay on campus a number of years ago - not sure if that's still the case or if they moved the program downtown now.
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2019, 02:45
Hi embaadmit2019, what did you decide? If you are still in the process of choosing - my recommendation is to have admissions from each program connect you with alums who have a similar profile to you and to get a more unfiltered view, contact alums from each program on Linked In and ask questions and/or set up a quick Skype/phone call. To be honest, the number of respondents should indicate something in and of itself on a comparative basis. Who are you hoping to recognize this brand? Go to the source. Talk to that recruiter, investor, or whatever you are hoping to impress.

embaadmit2019 wrote:
Thank you for your response. I am based in India. My immediate goal is to lead a Sales unit in my company. And long term goal is to set up my own technology firm.

I am torn between Kellogg and TRIUM at this stage. Kellogg is a much bigger brand and TRIUM just feels like the right program with their 'easier to manage' 6 learning modules. I want to look at sales jobs in US or Europe and am not sure whether NYU Stern or HEC hold as much value as Kellogg.

Thanks again.

Re: EMBA TRIUM vs. IMD vs. Kellogg-HKUST vs. INSEAD   [#permalink] 05 Jul 2019, 02:45

EMBA TRIUM vs. IMD vs. Kellogg-HKUST vs. INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste, Wilch