GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Mar 2020, 07:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ESCP MIM vs ESADE MSc Finance + CEM's MIM

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

ESADE   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
ESCP MIM vs ESADE MSc Finance + CEM's MIM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 04:04
Hello everyone :),

I am a final student at the University of Warwick studying International Business with Spanish.
I am currently hesitating between 2 masters and need to give my final decision in 8 days.

Through my undergraduate degree where I have chosen many challenging elective finance modules and did a 6 months internship in Finance, I have developed a broad interest in finance and was mainly interested in starting my career in the M&A sector. (I am also interested in consulting)
However, I have now some doubts regarding the career I want to pursue. I know a master won't define my entire career but it helps.
Many people who know me well told me that they would see me in the future in a more entrepreneurial industry as I love to take initiatives. Besides, even if at uni I was really good at finance modules, I am not sure the financial industry and especially its strict side would fit my more outgoing and extravagant personality.

I am hesitating between:

ESCP Master In Management
ESADE Master in Finance+ CEM's Master in International Management

Regarding my hesitation with finance, I know that if in the future I am really sure I want to evolve in this industry, both masters could allow me to do so.
However, on the one hand, I think that the ESCP's MIM (where if I want to, I can choose to specialize me in finance) won't close me any door as it's really broad and we can choose from a large range of electives and specialization, which may allow me to have more time to define what I really want to do.)
On the other hand, I know that CEM's MIM would also open me other opportunities outside of the financial field if I want to.

Besides, I am also hesitant regarding the reputation of each school, I know they are both quite good. However, I have asked many people currently working in France in high managerial positions and the majority of them have never heard of ESADE. I am aware that ESCP has an important reputation in France but also in the UK, when I think ESADE is more international (When I was in Chile, they knew ESADE and I am pretty sure they never heard of ESCP).
However, I have never met someone that knows enough both schools to really advise me regarding their respective reputation and job opportunities after graduation.
After having studied in the UK, I didn't plan to directly come back to France as I really want to take my career at an international dimension, however, I now have some doubts regarding which school good provides me the best "international" opportunities.

If some of you are current students of those schools or know both schools, I could really use some of your opinions and which one would you choose.

I am looking forward to your answer :)
thank you for your time

Alix
Intern
Intern
Re: ESCP MIM vs ESADE MSc Finance + CEM's MIM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 12:12
Why study another business degree when you are already studying a bachelors in business? Better off studying a STEM masters to build a complete skillset.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ESCP MIM vs ESADE MSc Finance + CEM's MIM   [#permalink] 19 Feb 2020, 12:12

ESCP MIM vs ESADE MSc Finance + CEM's MIM

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste