GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 May 2019, 06:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ESSEC Msc in Finance (Singapore Track) VS SMU MAF

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
ESSEC Msc in Finance (Singapore Track) VS SMU MAF  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2016, 15:10
Good evening everybody!

Having applied for both program, the MSc in Finance from ESSEC Singapore Track and the Master in Applied Finance from Singapore Management University, I would like to get some point of views of these two programs.
Being a French student, I am questioning myself about which school to choose. My goal is to work for an investment Bank in Singapore or regions around (without losing opportunities to go back in Europe to work in London or Paris).
I noticed that the MAF from SMU, contrary to the MSc in Finance from ESSEC Business School, does not offer an internship period during the program. Is it still possible to get an internship off cycle after completing the MAF program ?
In addition, could you give me your opinion about the quality of the universities in Singapore? The employability rate after each program? The career opportunities that they offer? Does SMU is well recognized internationally? How is recognized ESSEC Business school in Asia Pacific? Is it so difficult for a non-local to be admitted in Investment banks in Singapore?

Of course many of these questions are answered in the respective business schools’ website but I would like to know the point of view from people who attended one of these two programs or from people who know about the subject.
Thank you in advance for you answers.

Best Regards,
Rudeyp.
Personal MBA Coach Founder
P
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Re: ESSEC Msc in Finance (Singapore Track) VS SMU MAF  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 13:01
Rudeyp wrote:
Good evening everybody!

Having applied for both program, the MSc in Finance from ESSEC Singapore Track and the Master in Applied Finance from Singapore Management University, I would like to get some point of views of these two programs.
Being a French student, I am questioning myself about which school to choose. My goal is to work for an investment Bank in Singapore or regions around (without losing opportunities to go back in Europe to work in London or Paris).
I noticed that the MAF from SMU, contrary to the MSc in Finance from ESSEC Business School, does not offer an internship period during the program. Is it still possible to get an internship off cycle after completing the MAF program ?
In addition, could you give me your opinion about the quality of the universities in Singapore? The employability rate after each program? The career opportunities that they offer? Does SMU is well recognized internationally? How is recognized ESSEC Business school in Asia Pacific? Is it so difficult for a non-local to be admitted in Investment banks in Singapore?

Of course many of these questions are answered in the respective business schools’ website but I would like to know the point of view from people who attended one of these two programs or from people who know about the subject.
Thank you in advance for you answers.

Best Regards,
Rudeyp.

Rudeyp,

Both are great programs, though I recommend ESSEC given everything you mentioned. ESSEC is doing a lot these days to improve the program, offerings and reputation and the internship option is definitely a good idea. I recommend reaching out to get specific employment stats from each so you can have a direct comparison. Have you gotten interviews / acceptances yet?

Best,
Scott
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2016, 07:01
Quote:
Rudeyp,

Both are great programs, though I recommend ESSEC given everything you mentioned. ESSEC is doing a lot these days to improve the program, offerings and reputation and the internship option is definitely a good idea. I recommend reaching out to get specific employment stats from each so you can have a direct comparison. Have you gotten interviews / acceptances yet?

Best,
Scott

First of all, thank ou very much for your response Scott. Yes I have got an interview from SMU and I have been admitted to the Master in Applied Finance Program. I also applied to the ESSEC Master in Finance program. I will receive an answer in 3 days. Howerver due to my low GMAT score (560) I am a bit scary about their answer. My professional experiences seem good that is why I applied to various programs although my Gmat is not so good.

I am afraid about the placement after SMU and the chances for an european to get a job in Singapore against a local. I contacted many alumni from SMU and many of them told me that the job market in finance in poor these days. Of course the ESSEC business school would allow me to get a huge access to alumni network in europe too. That is why I wanted to get opinions about SMU in case I will not be accepted to ESSEC Business school.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2017, 13:13
Which school did you choose?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ESSEC Msc in Finance (Singapore Track) VS SMU MAF   [#permalink] 18 Jul 2017, 13:13

ESSEC Msc in Finance (Singapore Track) VS SMU MAF

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap